+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Did anyone background check started processing after receiving passport request? And if so how long did it take to receive passport back?

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Usually the interview is because if they have some concerns of the relationship and or since you mentioned he may need arc
Your spouse was in Canada so they may ask all immigration history at the interview, scrutinized, what country is your husband from ? How long was your husband in Canada why would he need arc , was he a long term overstay ?

2. Usually they write to inform you of the decision some have been told of the decision on the same day depending of many factors.
Most times if the spouse attend the interview they don't question the sponsor. So may be good to attend cause it proves you are there but if it's costly then it's an issue.

3. Arc usually takes some time to process sometimes 2 months and more depending on the visa office and or sometime the VO obtain this prior but usually questions at interview.

They will ask all questions about the relationship will try to send you a list from what others wrote in the forum
Hope this helps , when is the interview ? You mentioned the office is closing I think it's the vac closing
Krissykris
Any update on your file if I may ask and with the interview and arc as we are in the same situation

khris9430

Aug 14, 2018
Barbados
Category........
FAM
Hey guys, I received my PPR on Friday afternoon and I'm from Barbados. My question is what would be the turnaround for receiving the COPR if i have to send my passport documents to Trinidad?

Reactions: michyme

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Usually the interview is because if they have some concerns of the relationship and or since you mentioned he may need arc
Your spouse was in Canada so they may ask all immigration history at the interview, scrutinized, what country is your husband from ? How long was your husband in Canada why would he need arc , was he a long term overstay ?

2. Usually they write to inform you of the decision some have been told of the decision on the same day depending of many factors.
Most times if the spouse attend the interview they don't question the sponsor. So may be good to attend cause it proves you are there but if it's costly then it's an issue.

3. Arc usually takes some time to process sometimes 2 months and more depending on the visa office and or sometime the VO obtain this prior but usually questions at interview.

They will ask all questions about the relationship will try to send you a list from what others wrote in the forum
Hope this helps , when is the interview ? You mentioned the office is closing I think it's the vac closing

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Nice congrats you re almost there

Hi any updates on your file and arc

767 Wifey

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Dominica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
15-12-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
File Transfer...
27-12-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
28-03-2018
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
pending...
Hi when decision is made do they send ppr after or before
Any info based on experience please
it depends on the officer. I got ppr first and decision made and updated and counterfoil information on my ecas the same day they put in my immigrant visa on my passport

767 Wifey

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Dominica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
15-12-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
File Transfer...
27-12-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
28-03-2018
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
pending...
Did anyone background check started processing after receiving passport request? And if so how long did it take to receive passport back?
yep mines changed to background check in progress the day they received my passport to the day the visa was entered into my passport. the entire process was exactly 2 weeks from sendingd receiving

767 Wifey

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Dominica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
15-12-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
File Transfer...
27-12-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
28-03-2018
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
pending...
Hey guys, I received my PPR on Friday afternoon and I'm from Barbados. My question is what would be the turnaround for receiving the COPR if i have to send my passport documents to Trinidad?
they send you your copr together with your passport. one for your record and one for the immigration officer when u land. donot sign your copr until u arrive Canada and the immigration officer process you and ask u to sign in his or her presence.

Shailynn

Nov 14, 2017
Hi everyone. I just wanted to give everyone a little update. I travelled to pick up my hubby in Trinidad. His landing went really smoothly. Everyone at immigration was friendly and helpful when we landed in Toronto. They had a few simple questions about our address which was not coming up in the system correctly but pretty stress free overall. It did take them some time to go over the paperwork and make sure everything was in order. Also you can apply for a social insurance number right at the airport after completing your landing so definitely leave yourself a good amount of time if you have any connecting flights as we did. The Toronto airport can be a bit confusing so at least 3-4 hours time between any connections is probably a good idea.