+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
Just a quick update on me

Hubby had an interview this morning for his US Visa so we could do and see his mom who is visiting his sister in NYC. He got denied by the US Consulate.

We aren't really upset because we kind of expected them not to issue him a visa because at the same time we were also handing back his greencard. I think the IO was a little annoyed that my husband did not want to live in the US and only wanted to visit. lol

We will apply again but probably in a couple of years.

Next vacation for us is sweet TNT - although Canada has been hotter than Trinidad this summer!

:)
Hi Canadianinlove!

My husband was just approved for his Canadian PR and is currently a green card holder living in the USA. Just curious if it's necessary to give back the green card? If so, how do you go about doing it? I assumed it would just expire and that would be the end of it. I guess if you want to visit and get a visa like you did you would have to give up the green card first. I'm a little surprised your husband wasn't approved to visit the USA since he had been eligible to live and work there prior to giving back the green card. I am not however surprised by the attitude he got about giving it up. The last time I went to visit my husband in the States I was hassled by USA immigration as they were worried I would stay with my husband illegally. So I explained that my husband had applied for Canadian PR so we had no plans of living in the US and the officer said he couldn't understand why a US PR would ever give that up to become a Canadian PR. He acted like it was an insult to him personally and the US!

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
Hi everyone !

I need your opinion on something: my husband needs an ARC because he overstayed.
POS asked him for the payment for the ARC, the form for the ARC and everything else that you need to send with your passport.
They confirmed they received everything on August 9th, and this week, they answered my email asking them if anything was missing by saying that my husband's file is "with the reviewing officer at this time for the processing of his ARC application".
Do you guys think it's the last step or would they still have to process his permanent residence stuff?

Thank you! !!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Coquecinelle said:
Hi everyone !

I need your opinion on something: my husband needs an ARC because he overstayed.
POS asked him for the payment for the ARC, the form for the ARC and everything else that you need to send with your passport.
They confirmed they received everything on August 9th, and this week, they answered my email asking them if anything was missing by saying that my husband's file is "with the reviewing officer at this time for the processing of his ARC application".
Do you guys think it's the last step or would they still have to process his permanent residence stuff?

Thank you! !!
Whether it's the last step, or they're processing... You're on the home stretch.

It seems like it's just another process, another hoop, another hurdle. They wouldn't ask for payment and passport if they weren't going to approve him

Like any other process, it takes time... Hold tight while they do their do!

Most will wait 2-3 weeks after passport is received, to when their returned way bill lights up on the system. Your situation may be extended a week or two at most as they're processing this last step.

There's no turning back or denial... All I say is start packing, writing up resignation letter and him go seeing his loved ones. Cuz 'shets about to BLOW UP!

Cheers

Ryan

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
We had a similar incident when he handed back his GC - they US IO was shocked that my husband was giving back the GC. Like living in the US is so awesome. It isn't. lol

My hubby was denied a travel visa but I think it was because the IO was insulted. The supervisor said he could give my husband a 6 month visa but the IO decided just to deny him. Who cares - good riddens, we just wanted to see his sister and mom.

Plus the GC had expired in July anyways.

MNM2015 said:
Hi Canadianinlove!

My husband was just approved for his Canadian PR and is currently a green card holder living in the USA. Just curious if it's necessary to give back the green card? If so, how do you go about doing it? I assumed it would just expire and that would be the end of it. I guess if you want to visit and get a visa like you did you would have to give up the green card first. I'm a little surprised your husband wasn't approved to visit the USA since he had been eligible to live and work there prior to giving back the green card. I am not however surprised by the attitude he got about giving it up. The last time I went to visit my husband in the States I was hassled by USA immigration as they were worried I would stay with my husband illegally. So I explained that my husband had applied for Canadian PR so we had no plans of living in the US and the officer said he couldn't understand why a US PR would ever give that up to become a Canadian PR. He acted like it was an insult to him personally and the US!

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Pr card arrived in mail two days ago. Hope everyone is doing well.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
Hey tdguy

Its really good to hear such great news. How long did you have to wait for it to arrive?

Cheers

Ryan

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Great news! We felt very official after my hubby got his.

tdguy said:

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
hey hey

just a tad bit of cool information....not sure if you noticed it, (this is strictly for ppl who landed into Canada)...but if you log into ECAS, it will give you an update of you/your spouse entry to Canada and became a Permanent Resident

My wife's ecas account said the following:

"You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on August 21, 2016 and became a Permanent Resident."

Aint that cool? Cute? I thought it was awesome!.

Ryan

PS1: Waiting for PC Card to arrive - hoping to get it SOON! so I can look into booking tickets for a Trini Christmas.
PS2: Waiting on Banking Info so my wife can apply for Health Card

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
All,

Just got off the line w CIC - as of today there is a 41 day for PR Cards to be processed (not sure about mailing time is included)
- Im sure this time goes up and down depending the amount of card applications to process. But as of today Sep 15/2016 its 41 days.

Im sure that's the longest time anticipated, like the 17 months CIC suggests for PR application. So who knows it may come in less time.

Cheers - I hope all is doing well for the recent landed folks (im so happy to hear many of you landed, or at the very least APRs)

As for the friends in here who are waiting....hold tight, pray plenty or at the very least stay positive. Do what you need to keep yourself busy (work, activities, kids, skype, whatsapp, etc...), sane and in a good mind frame. It may be tough, and look like an uphill battle. I eh go lie, it is an uphill battle, BUT you need to keep you mind busy, the same for your spouse who may be in another country.

Many or us are here who has been through your situation, and will always be happy to respond to your inquiries, or help keep you from blowing a gasket (trust me, some of the ladies on here helped me from doing that a few times). Most importantly, you are not alone, other are also going through the same as you.

Talk to you soon...

Ryan

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi All - hope you're doing well. 41 days for PR card is not bad. We waited 8 months!

Going to Trinidad in November - can't wait.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Canadianinlove said:
Hi All - hope you're doing well. 41 days for PR card is not bad. We waited 8 months!

Going to Trinidad in November - can't wait.

So happy for your Canadianinlove - more jealous thought!!!

YEP 41 days (crossing fingers its less) is pretty darn good. Today is actually the 31st day - so who knows it may be here sooner than we think...

I'm hoping my wifes' PR comes in earlier, and tickets for TT will not be crazy high! If it doesn't work out, then it will be a White Christmas in Toronto for us. Which I actually don't mind. I'm looking forward to spending it with her here - Snow, City Hall Lightups and festivities, Canadian Winter Festivities, Toronto Light UPs, and Maple Syrup - Sugar Bush!

Then I bet if TT does turn out to be expensive, and I look somewhere else warm...then there's fricking Zika! to deal with, so that pretty much rules out ALL warm climates in the south...hemmmm Europe?
I better stop, I countin' egg in fowl belly!

-Cheers

Ryan

Leamic

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2015
AOR Received.
06-Nov-2015
File Transfer...
26-Nov-2015
Med's Request
27-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jan-2016/ Med's Rec'd by CIC: 16-Feb-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-Jan-2016/ Docs sent 4-Mar-201
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016 (Rec'd 17-Mar-2016)
LANDED..........
Deadline 12-Feb-2017
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share our landing story in case anyone may need any info:

Our COPR's deadline is Feb 2017 and we did not want to move our 16 month old in the winter so we wanted to wait until spring on 2017. So we decided to go in early and initiate the process for the PR card so that we would no longer have the deadline.

We landed in Montreal as we applied through Montreal for residency and received our CSQ's from there.

So for the actual landing process.

It took 4 hours. First you go through general immigration, then you have to go to Immigration 2. Unfortunately this area is for everyone who needs a visa of some sort, i.e. Work permits, school visas, PRs etc. So they were at number 168 when we arrived and we had 227! It really only took long because each person takes about 20-30 mins and there were only 2-3 officers at any one time.

Now in terms of paper work, I had filled out the goods to follow form and had taken pictures of the jewelry, so if anyone has questions about that feel free to ask. Also for the all important question of finances, I did a table which showed how much I had in cash, credit card, on the Bank and then my pension to be paid out from work. So the table had a total for each category and then I had the statements etc. Now the officers were friendly but brusque. Our guy asked what finances we had, and I started explaining that I have this much cash, and he literally cut me off to ask, "So this is the money you have available to you?". And I was like well yes and he said OK good and stamped. I had it all planned to explain that the pension funds from my job will not arrive for another month or so as I had only just resigned etc. and that was the bulk of the money (although I was really resigning in April of 2017 but I had my story ready).

Once they do that part they then send you to another window with information for settling, getting your driver's license, SIN, Heath card etc. The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is necessary to work and we got that the next day (very easy process) so that we could start looking from jobs online.

The health card we will have to wait for as you have to present yourself in person for this, and take pics. Plus they send you the forms by mail 7 days after you call to book the appointment.

So that was it. Very easy.

Keep a copy of everything in case they keep your originals. Especially for those who may be leaving shortly after landing like we did. You want to make sure you know what you gave them in case there are questions later.

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Hi,
Did anyone have to use a courier service to send documents to the POS office (with a pre-paid return envelope), what service did you use?