+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
ryanr said:
Hi Coquecinelle

In my experience they just sent it WO notification.
As a suggestion, I wound recommend to periodically Chek the return way bill tracking number.

This way once slot lights up on the system you will be able to track it.

Granted I said 'periodically', honestly I checked every single day, usually in the AM, PM, and sometimes in between.

I started checking a week after I received notification that they received the passport.

Cheers,

Ryan
Thank you Ryan !

The documents were received on the 8th and POS confirmed by e-mail that they have the passport since the 9th so I guess I just need to wait now!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
shemaine said:
Hey guys do anyone of you know if copr dpcuments comes along with the passport when returning ,or with regular mail.
Hello shemaine

Yes - the COPR document does come along with the a package once you receive the passport.
You will have two copies, one with a photo which the border crossing agent will keep, and the other for you to keep.

This other copy is important, as you will need it when applying for the OHIP and SIN.

Cheers

Ryan

shemaine

May 1, 2016
Sent pos an email yesterday concerning the ecas update for documents,they said no outstanding documents is needed,so that is kinda a relief, just have to wait now for the return of my passport.
Its two weeks since they got it

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
shemaine said:
Sent pos an email yesterday concerning the ecas update for documents,they said no outstanding documents is needed,so that is kinda a relief, just have to wait now for the return of my passport.
WHooWHoo Awesome, that's great news.

So now that they have it, and that its been two weeks, periodically check your return tracking number to see when it lights up online.
If i'm not mistaken, I think mine took 2-3 weeks after they received it to return it to me.

Cheers

Ryan

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi - we just applied for a US Visa for my husband
We are in Toronto and so far the process has been easy - it was all on line. We have an appointment booked on August 31, 2016 and we go for an interview to get his visa at the US Consulate in Toronto.

It cost 200.00

Anxiouswifey said:
Hi! Long time no check in! Congrats TDguy glad you liking your new home.

My husband says London isn't hot but I feel he just saying that cause he wantsaid the summer to stick around.

We found that one of the boys pics wasn't done right so we have to resend pics for PR card.

We also want to apply for a visa for them to enter the US. Does anyone know the process and how much it costs? We would be visiting family

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Great news Shemaine! you will have your passport back in no time.... you're almost done!

shemaine said:

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Hey Hey

My wife finally landed. I was in NJ for this past weekend, and we drove back - crossing at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls.
It's deff a sigh of relief - no more waiting, no more flying, no more, busing, no more car trips to NJ or in between.

When we crossed, we met the border agent - provided all passports (her, her mom, my mom, sister-in-law, and I - Everyone wanted to see for themselves).
From there, he directed us inside, where we met Agent 2 - I provided passport for her, and I, plus my driver's license, everyone else passport was returned and asked to sit in the waiting area.

At that point, we waited about 10 minutes, and finally called up by Agent 3 - simple questions of the following:
- How much money was she entering with
- Did she have any high-value items coming back separately
- Agent 3 - reread the sponsorship clause (live together for 2 years, etc...)

We returned to the sitting area, and then called back for the Record of landing.

We were advised of the following:
- OHIP can be applied for after getting a mailing address verification (bank statement) need to apply at a Service ONTARIO location
- PR Card will be mailed in 10 weeks
- SIN can be applied for right away - need to apply at a Service CANADA location (we went the next day)

All in all we were in and out in about 30 mins, if that.

We spend a few hours at the falls, driving around seeing all the lights, and beautiful Canadian side.

Its been two days, and I think im still in a state of bliss - of having her with me, at all times, going to bed, waking up, her physical present is odd to me - and Im now sharing a bed, a washroom, a room, etc.... but its awesome feeling. Interesting story, we went to Hareys' yesterday and relaxed and ate dinner before going to the CNE - was pretty nice, its def going to take getting use to. Getting used to doing family stuff, stuff together. Then we spent countless hours eating, and walking about. She was in awe, a new place, nice ppls, etc...

Next week, we're having our ceremony wedding, followed by reception, so krazy busy with that. Ill have the following week off, and we're gona hit up some attractions in Toronto.

Now im finally able to do those things couples do ...holding hands, not feeling that we have to run-down the next 24 hours because im going back home. Just going grocery feels so nice. We went to the CNE yesterday spend hours just walking around, taking pictures, hugging up, kissing...

Sigh finally!

It's unfortunate that im back at work (still doing a day and night job) so back to the grind for the next 3 days, but im taking off next week, so I'll be with her a lot more.

What else?....I think thats it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
ryanr said:
Hey Hey

My wife finally landed. I was in NJ for this past weekend, and we drove back - crossing at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls.
It's deff a sigh of relief - no more waiting, no more flying, no more, busing, no more car trips to NJ or in between.

When we crossed, we met the border agent - provided all passports (her, her mom, my mom, sister-in-law, and I - Everyone wanted to see for themselves).
From there, he directed us inside, where we met Agent 2 - I provided passport for her, and I, plus my driver's license, everyone else passport was returned and asked to sit in the waiting area.

At that point, we waited about 10 minutes, and finally called up by Agent 3 - simple questions of the following:

We returned to the sitting area, and then called back for the Record of landing.

- OHIP can be applied for after getting a mailing address verification (bank statement) need to apply at a Service ONTARIO location
- SIN can be applied for right away - need to apply at a Service CANADA location (we went the next day)

We spend a few hours at the falls, driving around seeing all the lights, and beautiful Canadian side.

Its been two days, and I think im still in a state of bliss - of having her with me, at all times, going to bed, waking up, her physical present is odd to me - and Im now sharing a bed, a washroom, a room, etc.... but its awesome feeling. Interesting story, we went to Hareys' yesterday and relaxed and ate dinner before going to the CNE - was pretty nice, its def going to take getting use to. Getting used to doing family stuff, stuff together. Then we spent countless hours eating, and walking about. She was in awe, a new place, nice ppls, etc...

Next week, we're having our ceremony wedding, followed by reception, so krazy busy with that. Ill have the following week off, and we're gona hit up some attractions in Toronto.

Now im finally able to do those things couples do ...holding hands, not feeling that we have to run-down the next 24 hours because im going back home. Just going grocery feels so nice. We went to the CNE yesterday spend hours just walking around, taking pictures, hugging up, kissing...

Sigh finally!

It's unfortunate that im back at work (still doing a day and night job) so back to the grind for the next 3 days, but im taking off next week, so I'll be with her a lot more.

Cheers,

Ryan
Wonderful story! It must be amazing after all that wait!!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Canadianinlove said:
Hi - we just applied for a US Visa for my husband
We are in Toronto and so far the process has been easy - it was all on line. We have an appointment booked on August 31, 2016 and we go for an interview to get his visa at the US Consulate in Toronto.

It cost 200.00
Which form did you complete? I tried locating it and got so confused!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
Hey Hey

Sigh finally!

Cheers,

Ryan
Hey congrats Ryan! It's awesome never having to deal with madness again!!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
shemaine said:
You are in the homestretch! :D

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
Hi everyone! I have a quick question : did any of you ever see someone Who took 2-3 months before they got their passport back? I asked my lawyer today and she told me that's how long it might take!! The passport is in POS since August 8th.

Thank you again!!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Coquecinelle said:
Hi everyone! I have a quick question : did any of you ever see someone Who took 2-3 months before they got their passport back? I asked my lawyer today and she told me that's how long it might take!! The passport is in POS since August 8th.

Thank you again!!
I'm sure he is giving you the worse case scenario, but from what others have posted, usually 2-4 weeks.

Can anyone else verify?