Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
We actually had almost everything completed before we got the FBI clearance. As long as you can show that you have submitted your finger prints you will be fine.

I know that because I was really worried - especially since they were saying people were getting the clearance certificate in 6 months.
Our file was already at POS and I sent his clearance certificate in via email and courier DHL to the office.

When we submitted the application I did send in the receipt that I got from the FBI for the certificate.

I hope this answered your question.

ShazLilly said:
Hi Canadianinlove
I got some really decent fingerprints taken from another Police station and I sent those to the FBI today. Right now the FBI time frame is 12-14 weeks, and CIC deadline says 60 days to submit. Did your husband have to request an extension and was it granted?

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Congrats tdguy!! How are you liking your new home?

Just an update...my husband got his PR card in the mail this week so I think that's like 6 weeks it took from when he landed

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Great news! My hubby took over 7 months. Glad they have finally worked out the kinks!!!

WOW he's here 6 weeks already? Hope he is enjoying the heat - it has been hotter here than in TnT

My husband keeps saying - why do people say Canada is so cold - Its blazing hot! :p :p

triniluv2117 said:
Congrats tdguy!! How are you liking your new home?

Just an update...my husband got his PR card in the mail this week so I think that's like 6 weeks it took from when he landed

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Canadianinlove said:
Great news! My hubby took over 7 months. Glad they have finally worked out the kinks!!!

WOW he's here 6 weeks already? Hope he is enjoying the heat - it has been hotter here than in TnT

My husband keeps saying - why do people say Canada is so cold - Its blazing hot! :p :p
Haha he says he didn't know heat till he came here. Just wait till colder weather comes and then IL see how he does...so far he has been busy busy he has gotten to know his way around pretty quickly. Time sure is flying now....I'm glad he got his card now we can visit his family in NY

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
He picked a good summer to come here. My hubby freezes his butt off in the winter but it is all worth it he says.

We have had to apply for a visa now for him to get to new York - yet another waiting game.

triniluv2117 said:
Haha he says he didn't know heat till he came here. Just wait till colder weather comes and then IL see how he does...so far he has been busy busy he has gotten to know his way around pretty quickly. Time sure is flying now....I'm glad he got his card now we can visit his family in NY

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Thanks guys. So far so good in Edmonton. Just waiting for pr card now. There are lots of Trinidad here, met a few guys at Cariwest week before. I will start my job search soon, good luck to everyone!!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
tdguy said:
Hey you guys. Just want to say hello to all. I have landed in Canada one week now and me and my wife are more happy than anything. I think our case more than anything proves that cic is not after couples with age difference. I am 24 and my wife is 42. We were able to pile 5 years of evidence together and we were cleared in 3 1/2 months. Good luck to all! Prove your case and all will be well.

Yep - you got it - it's providing key evidence to show legitimacy of the relationship.

My wife lived in the US for over 10 years without status.
When we started dating I immediately started collecting EVERYING and ANYTHING that she or I touched, or was engaged with.

**Why did I start that early? How did I know?**
-- 1st - I too was an illegal immigrant when I first came to Canada (after overstaying), plus in our community you learn, and all of this stuff is embedded into you over time
-- 2nd - Yuh was just dating boy - how yuh go know yuh was gona get married?
WELL LET ME TELL YUH!!! When i see dat gyul, I see she bamsee! and I KNEW IT - I was going to marry it!!! That bamsee was gona be mine!
-- 3rd yeh yeh, she was 31, me 33 - we old enough to know thing - we eh schupid, we eh 20yos -- Once we started talking I knew right away thing was the woman I was going to marry (I coldnt not let that bamsee go!!! lol jk)

Some of the craziest things I collected
>>TOLL RECEIPTS:
- For every trip I took to the the US (everywhere where - Buffalo, NJ, NY, Hawaii) where we met up every month If i went one way, the other way, hell if i made a mistake that toll receipt was there, it proves I was there!

>>RECEIPTS:
- Resort receipts, food receipts, FK! condom receipts, flowers brah name it the receipt it was there. OHH HELLL those two times we got as scared of her being pregnet', even up to CVS receipt!

>>TRIPS:
- Ininerary, boarding passes, again food receipts, baggage, overweight receipts (intentionally done to get a receipt), resort wristbands, room service fees

>>COMMUNICATION:
- 800 pgs - WhatsApp Conversation 800pages front and back, 8pt font, 64,000lines of communication back and forth of 16months of talk time (yes you can export and mail yourself WHatApp Conversation, do this regularly to not loose information (as i did loose 6 months when my phone crashed) **HELL there were good conversations, bad conversations, arguments, fights, naughty, dirty, OH DAMN conversations. even when I told her her brother was JA! **Again legitimacy!!!
- 10 pgs - Skype conversations
- 25 pgs - Text/SMS conversation
- 01 pg - FaceBook messages
- 150 pgs - Google Keep conversations and personal notes, and photos (EVEN the naughty ones 8 within reason ;) they deff got a small look'see here and there]

>>FINANCIAL:
- Bank statements (I opened up a TD Cross-border banking account in US)
- I also had a TD Account here, and when I transferred there, received from her - Mostly sending to her)
- Monthly bank statements - it didn't have a lot, but it showed money coming in, going out, Debit, Credit card being used food, personal items for her. Ideally she used the card there day to day
- Western Union transfers
- My credit card statements EACH month which showed i bought something for her, highlighting trip payments, or ANY payments ingeneral

>>PHOTOS:
- Every photo taken for each visit we spent together Me go there, she come to Buff, Her fams, Hawaii, Atlantic City etc... If me, she, her fams, my fams, was in relation to a trip - that photo was there.
- This was pro photos, personal, resort photos etc...

LASTLY this was ALL organized 3-4inch binders binders (only because i filled them out)
Organization
- Each binder was separated by tabs by Month/Year, like you woul dhave at school.
- Each Section was like above
- Page 1- I created a generic itinerary sheet covering the following: Date, Times, Location of trip, check boxes to show if there were receipts, photos, bank statements, etc...Car/ receipt
- Afer page 1 Each month was separated by additional "Template Pages" indicating Photos, Finance (banks, flight, visa statements), Communications, and a Plastic sheet where I stuffed all receipts or any nicknack related to that month

**FYI**For Photos, I had all digital photos, so I pasted the picture into MS Word, which would allow to look like a photo album where you have 2 photos per sheet (400Pages) - this was easier for me, because I can quickly sort put the photos I likes, and throw them into word, and print, I printed colour
Afterwards, I went back and EACH sheet, Identified the person First Last name, date of photo, Location of the photos,
If that set of photos has the same person more than once, I did it for the first few pages.

Like I said by the time all of this was done, I had 3 THICK FK @ $$ binders.

I then took it to Staples or ANY Copier center will do, and have them duplicate 2 copies (Original for Immigration, Lawyer, and I).
It took Staples 5 days to replicate - the binders
-they have to bring 2 additional ppl to work on the duplication
- They had to take out ALL receipts from the plastic sheet, plate it onto a regular letter sheet, glue it,m and then print it
- then duplicate all sheets
**When I called for an updated,** they said the additional ppl were for I quote: "Manual Labour"

At the end of the day, with all of the printing, it came up to approx $600 ((LUCKILY)) my lawyer paid for this --Surprising as this would usually be my fee (I guess it would have been apart of the intial fee I paid for my lawyer) - EH!!! I didn't complain or question
**Totaling about 2500 Pages each copy!**

ANY HOW!! With my wife Non stauts in the US, (usually you must be applying for CIC in the Country that you have status in., All of this was RED flagged and usually not good for us, and I anticipated it would take more than 9 months.

All in all, I submitted in Dec/Jan, and by Um....May 5th, I think I received her passport - GIVE OF TAKE LESS 5 months

Anyhow, going back to what I posted in the first few lines ----Yep - you got it - it's providing key evidence to show legitimacy of the relationship.

ANYHOW!!!! So guess WHAT! My wife will be here in 4 days!!! Im going to NJ to have a small ceremony wedding (Mainly her fams), returning to TO by Car, and in 2 weeks its another ceremony here with my fams, with Reception.

Any questions please about the above give me a shout here (so others can see) - OR email - ramkissoon at gmail dat com

Next time I'll be writing after her homecoming next week!!!

Cheers

Ryan

PS: Yuh eva see a man get marry to his wife 3 TIMES? Yep! Check meh out!
1st @ City Hall in NJ - so I can get papework on the go for CIC
2nd - Indian Ceremony in NJ this coming Friday
3rd - 3 weeks away in TO + Reception!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
StormForce said:
It is scary. We plan to get married next year when I'm finally finishing up with school here in Barbados but I'm so scared about this whole process. He's always saying I worry to much and everything will be fine but it's too much for me not to worry. I just want to be by his side forever. The distance is so hard. I looked at possible interview questions if I ever get called for one and I can answer everything they could ask about him and his family but persons have been declined, I could be ignored even though I can tell them his favourite food and how he likes it prepared and his obsession with League of Legends and how much he hates when his team gets beaten cause he always gets put with weaker players

I'll be the next one to tell you don't worry - if you've been together for a while, and getitng married next year, then I suggest you start collecting every thing related to you, him and your relationship thus far.
Everyone told me to submit RIGHT away after getting married- you know what you can do that too. I personally waiting a solid year before submitting, JUST to show the marriage was ongoing before submitting.

At the same time, while we were "waiting" I took this time to organize and gather EVERYTHING and their nanny to document and provide.

If you read my mess post above, it will give you a little indication of how I put together my documents. It is extensive, but honest to goodness, my stuff came through in 5 months, I eh saying its happening like this for you, but HELL give yourself a fighting chance from the beginning.

At the end of the day, if not You, Immigration, me, and Candian and TD etc... IS YOU, YOUR HUBBY, and IMMIGRATION -

Figure out what is best for you, and do it. I highly recommend putting a lot of effort in gathering of details. As small as it may be, it puts together a picture!!!

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Canadianinlove said:

**Does the Happy Dance**

*dah damn dah dah dah dah hhhemmm My Wiifieeeee Cominn...innnngggg tgooooooooo

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
triniluv2117 said:

Whoooo Im all in smiles for you triniluv2117 so happy to hear things coming along, and he's doing well.

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
Hey everyone! I was wondering... When POS sends back the passport, do they send an email saying it's on its way or do they just send the package ?

Thank you!!!

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Coquecinelle said:
Hey everyone! I was wondering... When POS sends back the passport, do they send an email saying it's on its way or do they just send the package ?

Thank you!!!
Hi Coquecinelle

In my experience they just sent it WO notification.
As a suggestion, I wound recommend to periodically Chek the return way bill tracking number.

This way once slot lights up on the system you will be able to track it.

Granted I said 'periodically', honestly I checked every single day, usually in the AM, PM, and sometimes in between.

I started checking a week after I received notification that they received the passport.

Cheers,

Ryan

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Hi! Long time no check in! Congrats TDguy glad you liking your new home.

My husband says London isn't hot but I feel he just saying that cause he wantsaid the summer to stick around.

We found that one of the boys pics wasn't done right so we have to resend pics for PR card.

We also want to apply for a visa for them to enter the US. Does anyone know the process and how much it costs? We would be visiting family

shemaine

May 1, 2016
hey guys kinda worried ,i logged in to my ecas this morning and saw this
We sent you correspondence on August 18, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ,
i weired because i got ppr on the 4 of august and i sent passport on the the 8 they recieved it on the 10,, as anyone had this before

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
shemaine said:
hey guys kinda worried ,i logged in to my ecas this morning and saw this
We sent you correspondence on August 18, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ,
i weired because i got ppr on the 4 of august and i sent passport on the the 8 they recieved it on the 10,, as anyone had this before
Just to be clear.... You mean to say the PPR docs were received by POS on the 10th? But ecas still says thr above message?

If that is the case it will be ok, as the receivership update on ecas compared to wjen they actually received it doesn't always get synced.

With that, I personally would send an email to pspan, to 'following up that they received all required documents, and you are enquiring that all is in order, that if they require any additional information please let you know... So it cam be corrected.

Many have mixed feelings on communication with pspan.
My take has always to cloak and dagger. Others (with all respect to each) prefer to leave it be, let process take its place.

For me, I believe these guys are doing their job, and there's a way to ask.

By cloak and dagger I mean, you email asking for one thing but there is a deeper meaning below.

In your case.... Hi I'm just following up on the receivership of the xyz received on this date, signed by X. If there is anything missing or require following kindly let me know so we can correct it

Pspan main issue if ppl asking questions about processes, and how long this take. It's a waste of time to ask such questions when they are buying doing paperwkrk.

So we simply ask the cloak.... Hey ummm... Did you received my x, and was there anything incorrect with it.... Now thee dagger and this is a sneaky one... We force them to look at your application an put into action what ever it is.... Bevause us enquiring is really reminding them about a process in your application which is at a stand still until they get ot it...

Anyhow I could be talking smack and blowing smoke... But this is my experience and suggestion....

Side note and at all times when communicating w pspan you are at their mercy...so you always polite.

Any questions please let me know...

Cheers

Ryan