Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Hey you guys. Just want to say hello to all. I have landed in Canada one week now and me and my wife are more happy than anything. I think our case more than anything proves that cic is not after couples with age difference. I am 24 and my wife is 42. We were able to pile 5 years of evidence together and we were cleared in 3 1/2 months. Good luck to all! Prove your case and all will be well.

shemaine

May 1, 2016
my case is similar to yours aswell,i just got ppr ,and i totally agree with you, you just have prove your case and do it well

StormForce

Aug 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone tell me what their interview was like? And are all interviews done in T&T or would I go to the High Commission here in Barbados if I'm required to attend one?

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Hello all,
Had my interview last week (spousal sponsorship) and that went well. Only thing to do now is get an FBI Clearance certificate. What I did was print my own FBI fingerprint cards, fill out the application and make a Certified check for 18USD. I then took the cards to the TTPS and they were more than willing to help. But they just keep messing it up and now I am not happy with the results even after I made 5 cards on 2 separate days. I called Amalgamated Security this morning and they are willing to do it, so I am just waiting for an appointment for tomorrow. I was very surprised when they told me they even have FBI cards. So let me see how that goes and I will let you all know.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi StormForce

If POS is the visa office processing your application and you are called for an interview you will be required to go to Trinidad for this.

My husband had his interview and it was 2 and 1/2 hours. I was there waiting for him and it seemed there were other people who were only there for about 1/2 hour.
They asked him all kinds of questions. They actually kept asking him the same questions but in different ways. They do this in order to ensure that your answers are the same and consistent.
He was asked about how we met, my family, my habits, etc.

I know interviews can be very scary and will cause some sleepless nights. Just remember be honest and give direct answers.

Good luck to you.

StormForce said:
Can anyone tell me what their interview was like? And are all interviews done in T&T or would I go to the High Commission here in Barbados if I'm required to attend one?

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Good morning ShazLilly

My husband and I waited for almost 7 months for his clearance certificate from the US. It took so long because the FBI had changed their system but it is running smoothly now.

Problems with finger prints also seems to be hold in the process. Good luck to you on your journey.

ShazLilly said:
Hello all,
Had my interview last week (spousal sponsorship) and that went well. Only thing to do now is get an FBI Clearance certificate. What I did was print my own FBI fingerprint cards, fill out the application and make a Certified check for 18USD. I then took the cards to the TTPS and they were more than willing to help. But they just keep messing it up and now I am not happy with the results even after I made 5 cards on 2 separate days. I called Amalgamated Security this morning and they are willing to do it, so I am just waiting for an appointment for tomorrow. I was very surprised when they told me they even have FBI cards. So let me see how that goes and I will let you all know.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p
I wish you and your wife many years of happiness and blessings.

tdguy said:
Hey you guys. Just want to say hello to all. I have landed in Canada one week now and me and my wife are more happy than anything. I think our case more than anything proves that cic is not after couples with age difference. I am 24 and my wife is 42. We were able to pile 5 years of evidence together and we were cleared in 3 1/2 months. Good luck to all! Prove your case and all will be well.

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Canadianinlove said:
Good morning ShazLilly

My husband and I waited for almost 7 months for his clearance certificate from the US. It took so long because the FBI had changed their system but it is running smoothly now.

Problems with finger prints also seems to be hold in the process. Good luck to you on your journey.
Thank you very much Canadianinlove
I am planning on submitting at least 2 cards to try and avoid any delays :)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Great idea. Frustrating when you have to keep doing it.
:)

ShazLilly said:
Thank you very much Canadianinlove
I am planning on submitting at least 2 cards to try and avoid any delays :)

StormForce

Aug 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadianinlove said:
Hi StormForce

If POS is the visa office processing your application and you are called for an interview you will be required to go to Trinidad for this.

My husband had his interview and it was 2 and 1/2 hours. I was there waiting for him and it seemed there were other people who were only there for about 1/2 hour.
They asked him all kinds of questions. They actually kept asking him the same questions but in different ways. They do this in order to ensure that your answers are the same and consistent.
He was asked about how we met, my family, my habits, etc.

I know interviews can be very scary and will cause some sleepless nights. Just remember be honest and give direct answers.

Good luck to you.

It is scary. We plan to get married next year when I'm finally finishing up with school here in Barbados but I'm so scared about this whole process. He's always saying I worry to much and everything will be fine but it's too much for me not to worry. I just want to be by his side forever. The distance is so hard. I looked at possible interview questions if I ever get called for one and I can answer everything they could ask about him and his family but persons have been declined, I could be ignored even though I can tell them his favourite food and how he likes it prepared and his obsession with League of Legends and how much he hates when his team gets beaten cause he always gets put with weaker players

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
tdguy said:
Congratulations. Wishing you and your wife a very happy and blessed life together.

Also congrats shemaine. You are almost at the end.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
If you have been together for a while there is really not too much to worry about. It is really just waiting.
When sending in your application send in as many pictures, communication, phone bills, etc.
We sent in 250 pages of our facebook chat - phone bills showing the numbers that were called and a ton of pictures of us together.
If you are having a formal wedding - include all those pictures.

I can't tell you not to worry because we all worry - it seems so scaring and you worry about what could go wrong. Just concentrate on being together and always focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

You will soon be in the airport in Canada and will have forgotten about all the worrying and waiting.

Good luck and God bless.

StormForce said:
It is scary. We plan to get married next year when I'm finally finishing up with school here in Barbados but I'm so scared about this whole process. He's always saying I worry to much and everything will be fine but it's too much for me not to worry. I just want to be by his side forever. The distance is so hard. I looked at possible interview questions if I ever get called for one and I can answer everything they could ask about him and his family but persons have been declined, I could be ignored even though I can tell them his favourite food and how he likes it prepared and his obsession with League of Legends and how much he hates when his team gets beaten cause he always gets put with weaker players

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Canadianinlove said:
Good morning ShazLilly

Hi Canadianinlove
I got some really decent fingerprints taken from another Police station and I sent those to the FBI today. Right now the FBI time frame is 12-14 weeks, and CIC deadline says 60 days to submit. Did your husband have to request an extension and was it granted?