Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Ok for clarity. He got his green card in the US in July 2014 - through marriage so it was a 2 year conditional green card.
A whole bunch of drama happened in the last two years - he divorce his wife in the US and then we got married.

His GC has been valid and he did not over stay in the US.

He came to Canada in July but he was given his visa in TT passport in October 2015 and he landed 2 days after in Canada when he was in Canada in July 2015 is was only on a visitors visa.

He has no plan on renewing his GC and will just have his PR card.

So when we go to the US Consulate in Toronto he is applying for a visitors visa and handing back his GC. Not sure how that will go since it expired this month. We waiting because we wanted to have that PR card in hand before doing anything but CIC took so darn long getting the PR card his GC expired.

Lord the drama we have been through - almost book worthy!

PR CARD

When he landed in November 2015 we were told that it would take 2 months.
We got a letter in April saying that his pictures were the old format and had to resubmit.
We finally got his PR on July 15, 2016 so over 8 months. CIC has now worked out the kinks with the old and new pictures. I would, if you haven't look at the picture specifications - they are now the same size as passport pictures. If hers are old courier the new pics to CIC ASAP to avoid delays.

We did the same thing after he landed got his sin and started looking for work. He has been working full time since November - took about 2 weeks for him to get a job. I think it has really helped him settle into Canada. He has made friends and of course Canada is so diverse with so many new immigrants he doesn't feel out of place at all.

So all we have left to do is get him a travel visa to the US so he can still visit with his family there.
Next TT for Christmas.

Who knew we were going to have jump through so many hoops to be together. He always says he really loves me because it was so much work and emotions going through the process. Up and Downs.

:)

I will let you know what happens when we go the US consulate.

ryanr said:
VISA APP
So to my knowledge once you go past 6 months, you have overstayed - and yuh bam' bam' cut
With that, how did he get his Green Card? I mean while there from Jan 14 to Aug 15 - did he apply and get his GC? That's what confusing me.

I know about applying on-line, Its just that I haven't looked into it, to see if she can apply before she comes, or do I need paperwork from her landing before submitting a request for the interview.
--> did you have to provide any information from his landing when submitting for the interview?
--> Why I didnt even look into that, is from my other reading, it said you should apply for an interview, BUT also submit the waiver application. The waiver app is expensive, *censored word*' expensive, I can't remember the exact amount but its like 500+ U.S.flicking.D

About him being banned, if he has a GC, then they will give him *censored word* for not renewing it, and may have to resubmit other paperwork.

With the banning, you have a hearing/waiver interview to explain your case on WHY you should get a waiver to re-enter the US. With his Fam, there, plus security here (family work etc...) It shouldn't be that much of a problem to get the acceptance (in theory that is)

It's just like applying for a Visa in TT - they want to be sure that you have deep roots here, and plan to return to Canada. Dem eh wah yuh go back and overstay.

----

RE: PR CARD:
- Do yours take long because you had to re-apply, and or resubmit the new photo?
- Or did they just take long?
-- > Im asking, so I can be sure to get on top of that once she gets here, and make sure the right sizing it done the first time.
--> Ideally I'd like to travel for Christmas, so I eh taking no chance once she gets here.
--> Lol Monday after she comes, is Service Canada, and everywhere place she needs to go.

Cheers,

Ryan

Coquecinelle

Jul 20, 2016
Hi everybody ! I'm not too sure how to post my infos, but my husband's file is In Process in Port of Spain since May 9th. Should I start to be excited ? ??

I love reading all the stories here!

Thank you :)
Véronique

shemaine

May 1, 2016
hi guys,heres my info
application sent april 14
cic recieves april 20
aor1 april 24
sponsor approve may 10
aor2 june 8
medical recieved april 20
started process june 6
additional doc request june 15
additinal docs sent june 22
cic recieves june 24
notting since then ,gosh the waiting is so stressful

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi

If you go to the menu at the top of the page you can select profile. You will see HOME ASSESSMENT HELP SEARCH PROFILE INBOX MEMBERS RSS LOGOUT
There you can edit your profile and put in all of you information.

Save it and it will be on your profile.

Coquecinelle said:
Hi everybody ! I'm not too sure how to post my infos, but my husband's file is In Process in Port of Spain since May 9th. Should I start to be excited ? ??

I love reading all the stories here!

Thank you :)
Véronique

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Waiting is the worst part! It looks though that your application is moving along nicely.
I bet you will be getting a passport request fairly soon.

The only hold up is if they have questions about your application but them asking for additional documentation should take care of it.

shemaine said:
hi guys,heres my info
application sent april 14
cic recieves april 20
aor1 april 24
sponsor approve may 10
aor2 june 8
medical recieved april 20
started process june 6
additional doc request june 15
additinal docs sent june 22
cic recieves june 24
notting since then ,gosh the waiting is so stressful

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Welcome newcomers...the waiting is hard but having the forum helps a lot with that. Just take it a day at a time.

Anyone who got through within the couple of weeks as I did get their PR card yet? I know it's a bunch of us landed around the same time.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
triniluv2117 said:
Welcome newcomers...the waiting is hard but having the forum helps a lot with that. Just take it a day at a time.

Anyone who got through within the couple of weeks as I did get their PR card yet? I know it's a bunch of us landed around the same time.
Yes welcome indeed! POS seems to have a 4 to 6 month turnaround time! Stay positive! From personal experience you fuss and worry, but don't stress... it will all come together...

No PR cards yet... takes anywhere from 2 to 3 months... I'm thinking end of August, early September!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
We got two of the three PR cards that we were expecting. I'm hoping the last one arrives on Monday. They are really nice looking cards...

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Last Tuesday, came and went. Guess what? It flickin' came back!

Look through your emails or Ecas for any updates from CIC.
It's not a guarantee, but CIC website does say updates are usually pushed out on Tuesday...

I wish us all good news.

Cheers

Ryan

Leamic

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2015
AOR Received.
06-Nov-2015
File Transfer...
26-Nov-2015
Med's Request
27-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jan-2016/ Med's Rec'd by CIC: 16-Feb-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-Jan-2016/ Docs sent 4-Mar-201
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016 (Rec'd 17-Mar-2016)
LANDED..........
Deadline 12-Feb-2017
Thanks so much to all of you that have shared your landing stories. We have our COPR and CSQ as we applied through Quebec. We received the visa earlier this year but because of work cannot land officially until next year. However we need to enter Canada and land before our visas runs out hence we are making a short trip this year.

I have a few questions if any of you can help:

1) Did they ask for proof of funds at all? You mentioned that the officer asked how much you had on you but did you have to show it? (If anyone else that has landed recently can answer, please do).

2) Any issues regarding the medical card? Should we just wait until we land officially next year before applying?

3) Should we walk with all of our original documents (certificates etc.)?

4) If they ask any questions, is it correct to say that you should not give them the impression that you are only doing a short initial visit?

We are basically planning to put everything we will bring on the items to follow form. Anyone did anything similar?

Any advice from someone who had to land and then leave before coming back to settle permanently would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

shemaine

May 1, 2016
hi guys got passport request today,its crazy cause im thinking since they ask for passport ,its kinda almost over, :eek: anyways just thankful for coming this far,

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
WOOHOO! Amazing news. They ask for your passport so they can put the visa into your passport for entry into Canada.
You will be in Canada in no time. POS has moved very quickly.

shemaine said:
hi guys got passport request today,its crazy cause im thinking since they ask for passport ,its kinda almost over, :eek: anyways just thankful for coming this far,

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
HI Leamic

1) Did they ask for proof of funds at all? You mentioned that the officer asked how much you had on you but did you have to show it? (If anyone else that has landed recently can answer, please do).
When my husband landed they did not ask for proof of funds at all - the sponsorship approval is actually the proof they wanted. Proof of funds is only when it is a visitors visa into Canada.

2) Any issues regarding the medical card? Should we just wait until we land officially next year before applying?
You can only apply for a health card after you have been in Canada for 3 months.

It doesn't hurt. My husband only showed his TT passport with the Visa inside - the Immigration office did not ask for anything additional.

4) If they ask any questions, is it correct to say that you should not give them the impression that you are only doing a short initial visit?
I can't answer this question as it did not apply to my situation.

We are basically planning to put everything we will bring on the items to follow form. Anyone did anything similar?
Again - this wasn't applicable.

Any advice from someone who had to land and then leave before coming back to settle permanently would be much appreciated
Can't help with this one either.

Sorry - anyone else have any advise?

Leamic said:
Thanks so much to all of you that have shared your landing stories. We have our COPR and CSQ as we applied through Quebec. We received the visa earlier this year but because of work cannot land officially until next year. However we need to enter Canada and land before our visas runs out hence we are making a short trip this year.

I have a few questions if any of you can help:

Any advice from someone who had to land and then leave before coming back to settle permanently would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
From your timeline your application went fast.
Only 4 months. hopefully you will get your passport back quickly and landed before the winters comes. Summer is almost over in Canada.

Again congratulations

shemaine said:

Leamic

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2015
AOR Received.
06-Nov-2015
File Transfer...
26-Nov-2015
Med's Request
27-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jan-2016/ Med's Rec'd by CIC: 16-Feb-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-Jan-2016/ Docs sent 4-Mar-201
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016 (Rec'd 17-Mar-2016)
LANDED..........
Deadline 12-Feb-2017
Canadianinlove said:
HI Leamic

When my husband landed they did not ask for proof of funds at all - the sponsorship approval is actually the proof they wanted. Proof of funds is only when it is a visitors visa into Canada.

You can only apply for a health card after you have been in Canada for 3 months.

It doesn't hurt. My husband only showed his TT passport with the Visa inside - the Immigration office did not ask for anything additional.

I can't answer this question as it did not apply to my situation.

Again - this wasn't applicable.

Any advice from someone who had to land and then leave before coming back to settle permanently would be much appreciated
Can't help with this one either.

Sorry - anyone else have any advise?
Thanks so much!