Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
That is such a wonderful landing story! I think I will do the same thing to my son too, not tell him when my husband is coming lol. Wishing you and your family all the love and happiness!

I am waiting to see when my DHL tracking number will light up lol...I am watching it like a hawk...hahah...
I waited about 2 weeks, and daily like ecas, I was waiting for it to light up.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
triniluv2117 said:
Hey everyone! so here's our story...

It was my husband's first time flying and he was so happy and excited to see us...he said everyone was so friendly. ..but the first thing he noticed was how huge Pearson international was he said after exiting the plane he felt like he walked so far...he said landing was quick and easy and he also got his sin # too.. his flight came in early 20 minutes early and I watched his plane land and got my kids ready to go pick him up. My kids had no idea I told them we were Goin to pick up a package so as we walked in I saw him first just the top of his head and I told them look who do you see....and their faces lit up and they ran over to him...he kneeled down on the ground holding both of them in his arms...they were so happy then it was my turn for hugs as we hadn't seen each other in 10 months....as soon as he hugged me he said now he feels like he got back his life....we took him for breakfast the full Canadian experience after....and that's our landing story

triniluv2117 this is such an amazing story.
Im so happy for you.

I don't know how I'll handle mine.

Granted, im going to NJ that weekend for the wedding ceremony, then driving back to Canada.

I think im going to be so excited once we cross over, and on the Canadian side, it will be so awesome!!! Ohhh Mannnnn I can't wait.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
So the hubby finally got his passport back with his visa today...he should be here sometime next week... :)

OohhhhBooyyyy Im getting excited just by reading all of these messages whwowowowoo Sooo Soooo Happy for you

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Landing Story!!!

So the hubby landed yesterday afternoon. Me and our son went to pick him up, I didn't tell him where we were going, I just told him we are going for a drive (thanks for the idea triniluv2117), I had wanted to surprise him as well. When we got to the airport we waited about an hour or so before he came out. Our son was getting a little impatient and so was it, it seems like everybody was coming out except him lol. We were standing at the end of one ramp but my husband came down the other one, so when I saw him I told our son lets go, he asked where are we going and I told him you will see. When we got to my husband and our son saw him he was stunned, it seems like he was in a trance lol, he didn't know what to say or do, his mouth just hang open hahaha. So we went to our house to drop off his suite case and then picked up food that my sister had ordered and took it over by them, they were all so excited and waiting for him too. Me and our son stayed with them for the past 4 years while my brother was staying at my place because my parents and my husband didn't want us to stay alone plus it was easy for babysitting. So all in all it was a family affair/get together/dinner/celebration lol...

It was definitely not an easy 4 years. But I am thankful that it is finally over and we can live a normal family life again. Next month will be our 5th anniversary and it will also be the first one we will spend together. Our son is soooo happy, he kept looking for his dad even when the man went to the bathroom lol. This morning when I left for work they were both hugging each other and sleeping lol...

But I can tell you I have an ear to ear grin reading this.

Thank you guys so much for the support and encouraging words. Nobody will know what its like to go through this process unless you are in it.
I'm not an emotional person, but if I read this again maybe a 2nd or 3rd time, things would happen :|

But WaitingSince2012, now you can sleep at night, and feel so good when you wake up - no more stressing, no more pressha'

The time has come, no more waiting.

*sighs* Im so happy for you.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
shemaine said:
hey guys i applied on april 2016,i got 5 lines this far ,last one being additional documents request and that was on the 15 of june, sent them off on the 22 and dhl delivered on the 24,no news yet tho, the wait is so stressful,,has anyone every got documents request and how long after u sent doc did they take to respond,
:( :(
For me it took a while to display that they received the document.
But I did follow up with PSPAN a few days after the confirmation of FedEx delivery. But I didn't ddirectly ask them if they have it, or anything like that, I did the typical Ryan cloak and dagger move.

I called them out on it...Hello XXX, I see my application was received, and accepted XXX date.

Can you confirm you have all required documents, and if any additional follows ups, or documentation is required please let me know.

I did it this way, as it forces them to review the docs upon arrival, and let me know asap if anything is missing. This is better (IMHO) rather than waiting 2 weeks for a "OH, we need XYZ, or this/that didn't meet the requirement".

Cheers

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
All,

RE: ENTRY INTAKE PROCESS
- Does anyone have details on the entry process? What do they ask for, what do you bring (other than the package, and passport?).
- What do you get on departue?
- How long did the process take? 1hr?

RE: TRAVEL
- Upon entry to Canada, are you able to travel right away? My wife won't be able to enter to the US (travel ban - overstay visit), but I know she can travel anywhere else.
- Does anyone have experience with this?
- Has anyone applied for a US Visa?

RE: WORK
- Someone said their Hubby got his SIN right there? So you can start right away to work?

RE: OHIP
- Anyone know how long it took to get this? Did you have to apply? or did it come later on (as a result of the intake process)

Cheers

Ryan

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
I had a huge smile the whole time I read your story! I am so happy for you! You are so strong and your patience has paid off. My kids did the same thing the first few days always staying close to him...congrats again
WaitingSince2012 said:
Landing Story!!!

So the hubby landed yesterday afternoon. Me and our son went to pick him up, I didn't tell him where we were going, I just told him we are going for a drive (thanks for the idea triniluv2117), I had wanted to surprise him as well. When we got to the airport we waited about an hour or so before he came out. Our son was getting a little impatient and so was it, it seems like everybody was coming out except him lol. We were standing at the end of one ramp but my husband came down the other one, so when I saw him I told our son lets go, he asked where are we going and I told him you will see. When we got to my husband and our son saw him he was stunned, it seems like he was in a trance lol, he didn't know what to say or do, his mouth just hang open hahaha. So we went to our house to drop off his suite case and then picked up food that my sister had ordered and took it over by them, they were all so excited and waiting for him too. Me and our son stayed with them for the past 4 years while my brother was staying at my place because my parents and my husband didn't want us to stay alone plus it was easy for babysitting. So all in all it was a family affair/get together/dinner/celebration lol...

It was definitely not an easy 4 years. But I am thankful that it is finally over and we can live a normal family life again. Next month will be our 5th anniversary and it will also be the first one we will spend together. Our son is soooo happy, he kept looking for his dad even when the man went to the bathroom lol. This morning when I left for work they were both hugging each other and sleeping lol...

Thank you guys so much for the support and encouraging words. Nobody will know what its like to go through this process unless you are in it.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Thank you guys! I am so thankful for this forum and all you wonderful and supportive people. I hope we can all find some time to come on here and help out the future POS applicants lol.

ryanr said:
I'm not an emotional person, but if I read this again maybe a 2nd or 3rd time, things would happen :|

But WaitingSince2012, now you can sleep at night, and feel so good when you wake up - no more stressing, no more pressha'

The time has come, no more waiting.

*sighs* Im so happy for you.
Thank you, and welcome back, it is always such a pleasure reading your posts. Glad to hear the wedding planning is coming along well. I remember it took us (well mostly me) 3 months to plan everything and I had about 300 people at my reception lol.

triniluv2117 said:
I had a huge smile the whole time I read your story! I am so happy for you! You are so strong and your patience has paid off. My kids did the same thing the first few days always staying close to him...congrats again
Lol, I got the idea from you! The two of them is making me get about 3 hours sleep a night. My son is a late sleeper and now with his dad here he felt like he doesn't need to go to bed at all lol.

ryanr said:
All,
- Does anyone have details on the entry process? What do they ask for, what do you bring (other than the package, and passport?).

- Upon entry to Canada, are you able to travel right away? My wife won't be able to enter to the US (travel ban - overstay visit), but I know she can travel anywhere else.

- Someone said their Hubby got his SIN right there? So you can start right away to work?

- Anyone know how long it took to get this? Did you have to apply? or did it come later on (as a result of the intake process)

Cheers

Ryan
They just asked for his COPR and passport. He had needed an ARC which he was suppose to present to the immigration officer upon landing but he said they did not even ask for that. He did not get anything at departure. He said the whole process took about 10 to 15 minutes.

This was Stuntdx9 response to someone else question about travel
Stuntxd9 said:
Yes you can travel back and forth but in order for you to re enter Canada without the PR Card, you must be in possession of a travel document or a passport from a visa exempt country.
You can get the SIN card right at the airport (not sure about the border crossings), I know people who got theirs at the airport, the officer told my husband the same thing but I told him not to bother cause I wasn't sure how long his landing process was going to take and we have a Service Ontario location about 3 minutes from our home.

The OHIP card takes 3 months now. I will confirm with my sister in law as she is still waiting on hers. I think you need a mail with your name and address on it. I am going to find out tomorrow when I take my husband to get his SIN card. He already have a lot of mails/bills coming in his name (I never changed it when he left) and he also have a Canadian driver license as well.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
ryanr said:
All,

Cheers

Ryan
Hey Ryan...

You need the documents the visa office sent... and a list of goods, if any, that will follow.

My husband and kids took under two hours... he left the paperwork in his suitcase...

If your wife is from a visa exempt country she can travel... of not, she must wait until her PR card is received.

My husband and kids got their SIN number at the airport. It doesn't take long tor obtain. And yes they can start working right away. My husband got a job in under two weeks... opened a bank account and got a G1. For the first few days you have to walk around with your passports and docs cause they want to see proof of residency.

You can apply for OHIP once you have all the required documentation but it does not become active until 3 months after living in Ontario.

Good luck with the wedding plans!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I got goosebumps reading this! I am so happy for you and your family! Enjoy your life together - God bless.

WaitingSince2012 said:
Landing Story!!!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
ryanr said:
All,

I actually was there with my husband speaking to the Immigration Officer at the airport. I was talking so much the IO asked if my husband speaks English :eek: ;D
We just had the travel visa and his passport - we were there for maximum 15 minutes

We are actually in the middle of this right now. We are applying for a visitor's visa to the US.
We had to wait for the PR Card to come - took 8 months!!! Yes, 8 months - supposed to be 2 months! But after everything we have been though with CIC we just waited.
My husband did have a green card and it is now expired so we need a visa for us to visit the us.

As long as you have your PR card - you can travel anywhere that you don't require a visa.

If you have to travel and don't have the actually card - you have to apply to travel with special documents.

We have booked an appointment for applying for his travel visa and to return his green card.

My hubby got his SIN 2 days after he landed. We just went to the employment office and they issued it. All he needed was his landing papers and they issued his number on the spot.
He landed Nov 2 and has been working fulltime since the beginning of December.

At the 3 month mark - we went to service Ontario with his landing paper and applied. They issued his health card number right away but we had to wait about a month for the actual card to come in the mail.

8 months after him landing in Ontario - he is fully integrated into Canada!

Cheers

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Thanks Canadianinlove

A couple of questions:
- If he had a Green Card then he didn't have any issues visiting the US, like overstaying etc... right?
> This is what I'm eluding to - my Wife, upon arriving to Canada would have overstayed her visit to the US. With this I'm told that she won't be able to return to the US (10yr ban) unless shes a CDN Citizen, or we apply for a pardon, which takes a while. But with her overstay, we will have to apply for a waiver first before submitting the Visa.

FYI: You can apply for a US visitor's Visa, to my understanding it will take 7 days if you apply downtown TO at the US consultant.

She will be here Aug 20th, so Im hoping Oct 21st, maybe Nov 21st, I can get the PR Card. I'm hoping to make a Trip to TT for Xmas with her. So if they take longer than 2-3 MO - it go be a Trini Xmas with the thermostat set in the 30s.

Thanks for your other insightful answers - much appreciated.

Cheers

Ryan

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi

He was in the US just for a short time. In total he was there from January 2014 until August 2015 - that is when he came to Canada to visit he was only going to stay for 4 months and then return to the US but we went to TT in October 2015 for his interview and that is when the issued his visa.

We actually aren't sure what the response is going to be for his US Visa as his green card expired this month and he has not contact homeland security. He many in fact be banded from the US as he is planning on handing back the GC.

We are going to the TO consulate in Toronto.

You can actually apply on line for the interview - which might help you with timing.

We are planning on going to TT for Christmas as well - Pointe-a-Pierre - here I come!
We really want to visit in the US as sister and brother live there and his mom is visiting NY from Trinidad and we would all like to get together.

The biggest wait for the PR Card in Canada was they changed the picture requirement for the card. It seems that have worked out all of the kinks now. Most people recently landing are getting them within the month.

ryanr said:
Thanks Canadianinlove

A couple of questions:
- If he had a Green Card then he didn't have any issues visiting the US, like overstaying etc... right?
> This is what I'm eluding to - my Wife, upon arriving to Canada would have overstayed her visit to the US. With this I'm told that she won't be able to return to the US (10yr ban) unless shes a CDN Citizen, or we apply for a pardon, which takes a while. But with her overstay, we will have to apply for a waiver first before submitting the Visa.

FYI: You can apply for a US visitor's Visa, to my understanding it will take 7 days if you apply downtown TO at the US consultant.

She will be here Aug 20th, so Im hoping Oct 21st, maybe Nov 21st, I can get the PR Card. I'm hoping to make a Trip to TT for Xmas with her. So if they take longer than 2-3 MO - it go be a Trini Xmas with the thermostat set in the 30s.

Thanks for your other insightful answers - much appreciated.

Cheers

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Canadianinlove said:
Hi

He was in the US just for a short time. In total he was there from January 2014 until August 2015 - that is when he came to Canada to visit he was only going to stay for 4 months and then return to the US but we went to TT in October 2015 for his interview and that is when the issued his visa.

We actually aren't sure what the response is going to be for his US Visa as his green card expired this month and he has not contact homeland security. He many in fact be banded from the US as he is planning on handing back the GC.

We are going to the TO consulate in Toronto.

You can actually apply on line for the interview - which might help you with timing.

We are planning on going to TT for Christmas as well - Pointe-a-Pierre - here I come!
We really want to visit in the US as sister and brother live there and his mom is visiting NY from Trinidad and we would all like to get together.

The biggest wait for the PR Card in Canada was they changed the picture requirement for the card. It seems that have worked out all of the kinks now. Most people recently landing are getting them within the month.
VISA APP
So to my knowledge once you go past 6 months, you have overstayed - and yuh bam' bam' cut
With that, how did he get his Green Card? I mean while there from Jan 14 to Aug 15 - did he apply and get his GC? That's what confusing me.

I know about applying on-line, Its just that I haven't looked into it, to see if she can apply before she comes, or do I need paperwork from her landing before submitting a request for the interview.
--> did you have to provide any information from his landing when submitting for the interview?
--> Why I didnt even look into that, is from my other reading, it said you should apply for an interview, BUT also submit the waiver application. The waiver app is expensive, *censored word*' expensive, I can't remember the exact amount but its like 500+ U.S.flicking.D

About him being banned, if he has a GC, then they will give him *censored word* for not renewing it, and may have to resubmit other paperwork.

With the banning, you have a hearing/waiver interview to explain your case on WHY you should get a waiver to re-enter the US. With his Fam, there, plus security here (family work etc...) It shouldn't be that much of a problem to get the acceptance (in theory that is)

It's just like applying for a Visa in TT - they want to be sure that you have deep roots here, and plan to return to Canada. Dem eh wah yuh go back and overstay.

----

RE: PR CARD:
- Do yours take long because you had to re-apply, and or resubmit the new photo?
- Or did they just take long?
-- > Im asking, so I can be sure to get on top of that once she gets here, and make sure the right sizing it done the first time.
--> Ideally I'd like to travel for Christmas, so I eh taking no chance once she gets here.
--> Lol Monday after she comes, is Service Canada, and everywhere place she needs to go.

Cheers,

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Reminder to all --- today is TACO TUESDAY!!!

Today is ALSO the day that CIC updates ecas (this is from the website at least)

Check ecas, your email, contact your laywer...etc...

Nothing wrong with checking extra hard today.

Good luck

Cheers

Ryan