Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Emails and calls are wastless, I think talking to my MP is the way to go right now..

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Congratulations Mancrab! Inspiration for us all. . . :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Keep bugging them CDNgal .... they will have to one day respond to you .... remember you are still early in the process so you shouldn't be bothered that much... however, in your next email to them, put your client number from CPC-M and in the subject line put "URGENT"

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Good morning forum

Another waiting day :S

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
what kind of pictures did you guys submit?

I am preparing to take more pictures in for my interview and I was showing the pictures I selected to a good friend of mind. She mentioned that all the pictures I selected are of my husband and I in a public setting. She said i should take some picutes in more intimate settings, maybe in the house or when we are in the room. I am wondering if I do take some intimate photos if it will look like I am trying to hard....what do you guys think?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I thought this is funny. I copied it from my email.

Daddy , how was I born?

A little boy goes to his father and asks 'Daddy, how was I born?'

The father answers, 'Well, son, I guess one day you
will need to find out anyway!
Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo.
Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a
cyber-cafe.. We sneaked into a secluded room, and googled each other.
There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive.
As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of
us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete
button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said:

Scroll down...

'You got Male!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
what kind of pictures did you guys submit?

I am preparing to take more pictures in for my interview and I was showing the pictures I selected to a good friend of mind. She mentioned that all the pictures I selected are of my husband and I in a public setting. She said i should take some picutes in more intimate settings, maybe in the house or when we are in the room. I am wondering if I do take some intimate photos if it will look like I am trying to hard....what do you guys think?
Vinni, NOOOOOO and don't be p-nuts here. I would definitely minus the intimate part of things. It would definitely come back to bite you in the baxside and most likely you will be digging a deeper hole then you are already in.

The most important thing you should do is try not to make the pictures obvious of things you do. If you and hubby are doing things, be sure to always walk with a camera, like I always do (I am kinda a camera hoe). Take pictures of any and everything you can think of, even if it's hubby jumping on a tree while you two are walking home from dinner. Same goes for house and family parties seeing the holidays are around the block. Take family pictures of hubby with your family, you and hubby together, maybe opening presents, etc. Don't go bizarre and take pics of you two in bed or in the shower or in the bedroom half naked, etc. If you were an IO, wouldn't you be a little too suspicious of that particular applicant? Remember to try and put yourself in the IO's shoes and think what they may or may not like.

Here is my little input/advice on how you can organize your pictures. I did mine in this format.

If they are a 1000 pictures to select from, choose 3-4 pictures for each event, one for each thing you do and be sure to explain them in detail with who the people are with you and such. Here is an example of how I prepared mine using pictures from last year's XMas celebrations at my spouse's family:

Title: Christmas Holidays with the [insert family sirname]
IMG 01: John (me) and Max (AKA, great cooks of the family) taking over the kitchen in preparation of Boxing Day super

IMG 02: The cooks working away while others stand and watch --> picture is with other family members in the kitchen

Sub-Title: The Fiesta Begins

IMG 05: Sally and I enjoying our music while Drake and Max focus on other aspects of the music

and so on and so forth ..... the bottom line is for you to make things run smooth and easily understandable for any stranger going through your pictures without having to ask you any questions.

Good luck!

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
Thanks confused....No i was't going to take pictures of us in bed....lol :p

His family and mine hardly see each other, usually when we meet up its just us, he drives over and I meet him halfway. I am def going to try to get some shots of the family during the holidays....I love the way you organize your pics, I just printed a few good ones from everytime we meet. I guess I didn't think of telling a story, you are such a pro at this....thanks again

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
Thanks confused....No i was't going to take pictures of us in bed....lol :p

His family and mine hardly see each other, usually when we meet up its just us, he drives over and I meet him halfway. I am def going to try to get some shots of the family during the holidays....I love the way you organize your pics, I just printed a few good ones from everytime we meet. I guess I didn't think of telling a story, you are such a pro at this....thanks again
I am glad it's nothing with you two in bed doing pure wickedness :p In terms of the family shots, you can try your best and get at least a few. Nothing too big, it's just to show that family is involved and your relationship is known to others. Oh, remember to keep all your bills of shopping and such you both do together. Every bit of information you can provide to them is good proof. That's what I did for mine.

Before you enter into the interview room, the receptionist at the embassy brings a big clear ziploc bag out to the waiting room and asks that you put all your evidence in it, removing them from envelopes, to which she puts it in the back. I am pretty certain the VO goes through the stuff. Mine was too thick, heavy and I think my VO didn't bother go through it or maybe he did :S

In terms of organizing your pics again, you should put two pics per page and it works out so much cheaper printing them from the computer.

I am never a pro at anything I do darling. I just had enough time to think it through and put it all into nice, crisps, easy to understand folders. Oh and BTW, it takes quite sometime putting together all the bits and pieces of evidence. My interview was in September and I started working on my stuff since June (brainstorming ideas and what I want to use as evidence), July (making lists of documents I need my spouse to bring for me, etc), Aug (printing, writing, putting together everything, as well cramming my application), Sep (relax time to focus only on application and study my evidence for interview)

LOL, all the hard work and I am still waiting on a friggen letter from my VO re: my interview and next steps that should be taken :S
Good luck to you again :)

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
UPDATE..............

I am so mad right now its not funny.

I emailed pos today and got back a response stating

On 01 November 2010, a request for a new medical as well as the final documents required in order to finalize your spouse's application were sent in the mail c/o of your legal representative.

Would you believe this and I called my rep yesterday asking if their was any update and he told me no. So basically my husband just has to do a new medical and send in his passport.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
CONGRATS FAITH :D

He will be home in NOOOO TIME :D :D :D

What did you use in your subject line to contact POS? *URGENT* ????

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
I emailed case specific not the general on because they dont respond.. you can attach a letter instead of writing in the box that is provided.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
keeping_the_faith_in_God said:
UPDATE..............

I am so mad right now its not funny.

I emailed pos today and got back a response stating

On 01 November 2010, a request for a new medical as well as the final documents required in order to finalize your spouse's application were sent in the mail c/o of your legal representative.

Would you believe this and I called my rep yesterday asking if their was any update and he told me no. So basically my husband just has to do a new medical and send in his passport.
So Port of Spain is working....so I again increased my hopes

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
oh and congratulations Keeping the Faith in God. :)

btw what was your lawyer's mail address? Canada?
maybe thats why you didnt get it. cause it had to be shipped away from pos.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I think Faith and I have the same lawyers ... LOL .... my interview letter had a Stamp that showed it was faxed to my Lawyer's two days after it was printed and to date my lawyer can never confirm that he's received it. I have tried emailing him many times lately to ask if he's gotten anything in his fax for us but silly @$$ isn't responding to my emails.

I hope he didn't die cuz when we used to go to his office, he used to have a pouch to his belly in his undershirt that looked like those pee bags that people with kidney malfunctions use :S