Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anxiouswifey said:
Very sorry to hear that...their actions seem heartless, but I know even for the company I work for we won't tell you when your declined. You gotta wait for the letter to arrive in the mail.

Now that you know the decision you can take the necessary steps as WaitingSince2012 suggested and hopefully get things back on track.

God has brought you this far, and you can trust Him to see you and your husband through this. Good luck with getting everything done .
WaitingSince2012 said:
You don't need to know why you were denied to appeal. I think you can print off the email and fill out the appeal form and send it to the IAD (Immigration Appeal Division). What ever the reason is that is what you will be proving in court. Maybe you can ask on the appeal thread if anyone has ever submitted appeal paperwork with just an email.

You should do it as soon as possible because its quite a long wait to get an appeal date. If you are in Toronto you are looking at about 2 years to get an appeal date. Vancouver and Montreal on the other hand have a shorter wait time.

Im not the one to push ppl or tell ppl what to do. But would anyone (as you are more senior than me, and way more patience and experienced than me, im looking at WaitingSince2012, Anxiouswifey for your thoughts to this) and suggest getting a lawyer to assist with the appeal process? Assisting with the application and to show you have a stronger backing to support your case?

I bring this to light, as i brain storm and try to provide any help where possible. I also suggest a lawyer who had a litigation and appeal background rather than any immigration lawyer.

These people are professionals, and are very familiar with, and knowledge in actually "FIGHTING" for you.
I'm a little leery to suggest a lawyer as i do know one, but its your call at the end of the day.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Anyone notice that ECAS is asking for MONTH, DAY , YEAR now?

If memory serves right, just days ago I was being asked Year, Month, Day.

Ryan

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
You don't need to know why you were denied to appeal. I think you can print off the email and fill out the appeal form and send it to the IAD (Immigration Appeal Division). What ever the reason is that is what you will be proving in court. Maybe you can ask on the appeal thread if anyone has ever submitted appeal paperwork with just an email.

You should do it as soon as possible because its quite a long wait to get an appeal date. If you are in Toronto you are looking at about 2 years to get an appeal date. Vancouver and Montreal on the other hand have a shorter wait time.
ok sorry yes I live in Toronto but I have to wait two years to sponsor my husband my god I might as well pack up and move to st Vincent with him

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Vincycanadian said:
ok sorry yes I live in Toronto but I have to wait two years to sponsor my husband my god I might as well pack up and move to st Vincent with him
Yes the wait time in Toronto is about 2 years. I will inbox you what it cost me to appeal, but I had to pay quite a bit cause my husband needed ARC and that alone cost me over $2200. I am sure yours will cost less.

Ryan I used an immigration consultant for my sponsorship application since I first submitted it in 2011, so I have kept him through out the whole process. He probably got a year salary from then to now and I am still not done too lol. He was familiar with appeals and I didn't feel like changing consultants and have to go everything all over again, hence the reason why I stuck it out with him. My case was a bit complicated so I didn't want to do anything on my own, I let him do everything.

My ECAS always asked for DAY, MONTH and YEAR lol

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Yes the wait time in Toronto is about 2 years. I will inbox you what it cost me to appeal, but I had to pay quite a bit cause my husband needed ARC and that alone cost me over $2200. I am sure yours will cost less.

Ryan I used an immigration consultant for my sponsorship application since I first submitted it in 2011, so I have kept him through out the whole process. He probably got a year salary from then to now and I am still not done too lol. He was familiar with appeals and I didn't feel like changing consultants and have to go everything all over again, hence the reason why I stuck it out with him. My case was a bit complicated so I didn't want to do anything on my own, I let him
thank you I will do have to wait and see what they say in the letter cause I seriously think I intend to move somewhere and work where my husband can be with me for a while I want to start a family ain't getting any younger and the fact that us who have a genuine relationship is catching our asses while those who just pretend seems to get it easy my lord I need a strong drink

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
This is terrible news to hear for sure but don't give up.

We paid our immigration lawyer 5,000. We were successful in our application.

WaitingSince2012 said:

Ryan I used an immigration consultant for my sponsorship application since I first submitted it in 2011, so I have kept him through out the whole process. He probably got a year salary from then to now and I am still not done too lol. He was familiar with appeals and I didn't feel like changing consultants and have to go everything all over again, hence the reason why I stuck it out with him. My case was a bit complicated so I didn't want to do anything on my own, I let him do everything.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Canadianinlove said:
This is terrible news to hear for sure but don't give up.

We paid our immigration lawyer 5,000. We were successful in our application.
I also paid 5 for my application - and so far (fingers crossed), I've had positive results.

Ryan

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Vincycanadian said:
thank you I will do have to wait and see what they say in the letter cause I seriously think I intend to move somewhere and work where my husband can be with me for a while I want to start a family ain't getting any younger and the fact that us who have a genuine relationship is catching our asses while those who just pretend seems to get it easy my lord I need a strong drink
The following is my opinion, based on experience both present, and historically when immigrating to Canada myself in the 90s.
[That was my warning to not start an argument with me, cuz I have a cutlass and I does CHOP! - so doh fk with meh!]

I didn't want to drop names and shet, but I really feel for you - so fk it!
My lawyer was low (i paid 5K) as we were referred to by a friend close to the lawyer, but I believe his actual price is about 6-7 (and mine is red flags as it is [my wife with no status in the US, and me in CAN])

Then again, that's small ting' when comparing against Mendel Green@ $13K+, and Robin Seligman@ $11K. Granted you don't go to these guys unless you redflag all the way to kingdom come. These guys are pioneers of Immigration Law, and CIC don't mess with these, as they were the ones sitting on Immigration boards, writing law, and setting precedent in the 80s/90s when everyone and their Nannie were coming to Canada, and claiming refugee status. Robin up to now, travels regularly to TT to assist clients. These numbers were for regular applications as of 2014 (when I was pricing around).

While on that, you looking for an immigration lawyer with litigation experience. This is a lawyer that will go teeth and nail when fighting the courts/immigration directly. They take it to the law books, take apart the case, and look for errors.

I would recommend looking at different lawyers to start (see others who refer their lawyers), and narrow down each to your final decision.

Inbox me if you need my lawyer details.

Cheers,

Ryan

PS: Pardon my harsh language at the top! Is all joke and fun. I just doh like to argue though...but ah relly have a cutlass! so yuh know!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
It will all be over in no time!

ryanr said:
I also paid 5 for my application - and so far (fingers crossed), I've had positive results.

Ryan

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Hey port of spain family. How is everyone? Any updates?

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
Hey guy quick question I am no where near Toronto I am currently with my husband in Vincy can I fill out the appeal send it in then later hire a lawyer

phildais

Apr 3, 2016
triniluv2117 said:
Hey port of spain family. How is everyone? Any updates?
Yep ! After 28 days I received CoPR yesterday in the mail... Thank god the waiting is over !!!

We need more positive results this month. I wish they could walk in our shoes for a month to see how stressful this waiting is..
Good luck to all

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Congrats phildais!

Vincycanadian said:
Hey guy quick question I am no where near Toronto I am currently with my husband in Vincy can I fill out the appeal send it in then later hire a lawyer
Yes you can, just fill out the appeal form and you can fax it to them. You can hire a lawyer/consultant anytime between the time you received your blue book and your appeal date. The blue book takes approximately 120 days and the appeal date will be about 2 years from the time of your appeal.

I am still here waiting with no end in sight....

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
ryanr said:
The following is my opinion, based on experience both present, and historically when immigrating to Canada myself in the 90s.
[That was my warning to not start an argument with me, cuz I have a cutlass and I does CHOP! - so doh fk with meh!]

I didn't want to drop names and shet, but I really feel for you - so fk it!
My lawyer was low (i paid 5K) as we were referred to by a friend close to the lawyer, but I believe his actual price is about 6-7 (and mine is red flags as it is [my wife with no status in the US, and me in CAN])

Then again, that's small ting' when comparing against Mendel Green@ $13K+, and Robin Seligman@ $11K. Granted you don't go to these guys unless you redflag all the way to kingdom come. These guys are pioneers of Immigration Law, and CIC don't mess with these, as they were the ones sitting on Immigration boards, writing law, and setting precedent in the 80s/90s when everyone and their Nannie were coming to Canada, and claiming refugee status. Robin up to now, travels regularly to TT to assist clients. These numbers were for regular applications as of 2014 (when I was pricing around).

While on that, you looking for an immigration lawyer with litigation experience. This is a lawyer that will go teeth and nail when fighting the courts/immigration directly. They take it to the law books, take apart the case, and look for errors.

I would recommend looking at different lawyers to start (see others who refer their lawyers), and narrow down each to your final decision.

Inbox me if you need my lawyer details.

Cheers,

Ryan

PS: Pardon my harsh language at the top! Is all joke and fun. I just doh like to argue though...but ah relly have a cutlass! so yuh know!
Lol Ryan don't worry about it I use so harsher once when I found out how long I have to wait just to hear or get a refusal letter,lol I got a trini and Vincy parent who swear it out if piss lol well mom change a bit lol.oh lord ok going to do what I have to do