Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
kanarf said:
Passport received today with the maple leaf.

Quick note.....passport was intercepted by immigration. I had to go to the airport to clear it. I was also told by the immigration officer that passports are not be sent with couriers but instead thru consulate... All in all i am happy....i have it in hand.
Congrats!!

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
Hi everyone will I am still trying to figure this out its nearly two month since I saw a decision made on my husband status but no meds or passport request even after I write them asking for infor nothing,the odd think is its say decision made but when I click on it nothing is below it just ,recieve application 2014 ,started proving 2015 send for document November 2016 that all my status was change to decision made on the 27 of February I am going nuts freaking not I taught when you click on decision made it usually say an officer will contact you with the decision my god .so much stress just to get an answer to be with the people you love why is it so damn hard sorry I need to vent this has cost me a lot physically and emotionally and I pray God how I pray it could be positive but this is too scary

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Congratulations Anxiouswifey! You are almost there.

Vincycanadian I am hoping and praying its good news for you. I saw on another post where a poster waited 167 days after decision made to get his PPR. So hang in there and don't stress too much, there is really not much you can do at this time.

I am here too, still waiting with no end is sight. So frustrating....

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
Hi Everyone,

Just to update u guys .... up to this morning I still cannot view my status in ecas ... I have tried typing the info in, using different browsers, using different devices, using different ID types, using my husbands UCI instead of mine .... NOTHING WORKS.

But I have a story for you guys:

Thursday I was pretty bummed out and stressed re not having access to my ecas. I sent an email to the lawyer asking about it ...he treated it like it was nothing ... i also sent an email to POS explaining the issue and I havent heard back from them.

I checked the whooooole day! I read forums and other ppl say there's disappeared for weeks others say for a few days and then it was back up ... for some it never came back up

When I got home Thursday night it was all I could think about. I felt like it was clearly a week for updates and all of a sudden I can't see if I got an update or not. Out of desperation I decided to check the Tracking Number for the prepaid Fedex Air Waybill I sent for the return of the passports. I expected it to say "package not found".

IT SAID IN TRANSIT!!!!!! :eek: .... I could not believe it!!!!. The package left POS that morning and was expected to be delivered the next day (April 22)

I could not sleep!!! .... I did not get a rejection letter so I was hopeful that the passports were coming back with the visas stamped.

As soon as The Fedex update said in Kingston Jamaica we called the office and told them to hold it we were coming to pick it up .... we could not wait!!

We collected it... opened it .... and there were 4 passports each beautifully stamped with the maple leaf ;D

I was overjoyed!!! I still am!!! It's such a beautiful feeling!! ..more so after that ordeal the day before.

So ... To sum it all up:

- No access to ecas still ... no idea what it says now. upto the 20-Apr-16 it said 'in process'
- The Visas were issued 19-Apr-16 (coincidentally the day I sent the email to POS asking for a status update)
- We received them 22-Apr-16

Sorry for the super long post ::)

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
kanarf said:
Passport received today with the maple leaf.

Quick note.....passport was intercepted by immigration. I had to go to the airport to clear it. I was also told by the immigration officer that passports are not be sent with couriers but instead thru consulate... All in all i am happy....i have it in hand.
Congrats kanarf!!!

We received our passports the same day!!

I didn't have that issue though ... For the description of the items i had put "Documents". I am not sure if that is why mine wasn't held.

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Congrats to everyone who got PPR and those that got their passports back with stamp on hand. Looking forward to reading your landing stories!

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Congratulations Anxiouswifey! You are almost there.

Vincycanadian I am hoping and praying its good news for you. I saw on another post where a poster waited 167 days after decision made to get his PPR. So hang in there and don't stress too much, there is really not much you can do at this time.

I am here too, still waiting with no end is sight. So frustrating....
holy my lord this is so frustrating aww well all I can do is pray and try hold faith thank you lord this is crazy .the waiting knowing you have absolutely no control over this ,God I pray we all get some good news

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
LD-eager said:
Congrats kanarf!!!

We received our passports the same day!!

I didn't have that issue though ... For the description of the items i had put "Documents". I am not sure if that is why mine wasn't held.
congrat kanar and LD-eager all the best on your journey to canada

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
Night guys and girls lol,trying to hold my head up and see some light ,well I broke got impatient and ask my local mp for help to know the decision so I can go from there I just need to know so I can know my next step,put my mind at ease before I lose all my hair well we will see ,whether I made the right choice or not at this point I just want to but my mind a t rest so I can get at least a bit of sleep at night.lord sometimes I just feel like crying :'(

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Congratulations LD-eager!

Vincycanadian hang in there and keep praying God will show you a way. God doesn't give you more than you can handle!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Vincycanadian said:
Night guys and girls lol,trying to hold my head up and see some light ,well I broke got impatient and ask my local mp for help to know the decision so I can go from there I just need to know so I can know my next step,put my mind at ease before I lose all my hair well we will see ,whether I made the right choice or not at this point I just want to but my mind a t rest so I can get at least a bit of sleep at night.lord sometimes I just feel like crying :'(
Ain't no shame in reaching out to your MP. Your life can't hang in the balance like that... I hope they are able to get you some information regarding your file.

This immigration process is certainly not for the faint of heart and it certainly tests your relationship. You must remain strong and don't allow the government to break you. Whether the decision is good or bad, know that God is in the midst and He is working everything for your good.

I know for me personally, these last 6 months were a challenge. And while I am glad to be at the end, I am even happier to know my relationship and my faith in God has gotten that much deeper and stronger.

So be strong and very courageous and as waitingsince2012 said God doesn't give you more than you can handle.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
LD-eager said:
Hi Everyone,

Just to update u guys .... up to this morning I still cannot view my status in ecas ... I have tried typing the info in, using different browsers, using different devices, using different ID types, using my husbands UCI instead of mine .... NOTHING WORKS.

But I have a story for you guys:

Thursday I was pretty bummed out and stressed re not having access to my ecas. I sent an email to the lawyer asking about it ...he treated it like it was nothing ... i also sent an email to POS explaining the issue and I havent heard back from them.

I checked the whooooole day! I read forums and other ppl say there's disappeared for weeks others say for a few days and then it was back up ... for some it never came back up

When I got home Thursday night it was all I could think about. I felt like it was clearly a week for updates and all of a sudden I can't see if I got an update or not. Out of desperation I decided to check the Tracking Number for the prepaid Fedex Air Waybill I sent for the return of the passports. I expected it to say "package not found".

IT SAID IN TRANSIT!!!!!! :eek: .... I could not believe it!!!!. The package left POS that morning and was expected to be delivered the next day (April 22)

I could not sleep!!! .... I did not get a rejection letter so I was hopeful that the passports were coming back with the visas stamped.

As soon as The Fedex update said in Kingston Jamaica we called the office and told them to hold it we were coming to pick it up .... we could not wait!!

We collected it... opened it .... and there were 4 passports each beautifully stamped with the maple leaf ;D

I was overjoyed!!! I still am!!! It's such a beautiful feeling!! ..more so after that ordeal the day before.

So ... To sum it all up:

- No access to ecas still ... no idea what it says now. upto the 20-Apr-16 it said 'in process'
- The Visas were issued 19-Apr-16 (coincidentally the day I sent the email to POS asking for a status update)
- We received them 22-Apr-16

Sorry for the super long post ::)
Congratulations... safe travels to Canada for you and your family!!!

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
Thank you all!!

Just for information purposes:

I figured out that the reason I was not being identified on Ecas was because they changed how they represented my name.

I have a hyphenated surname ....for example Smith-Williams .... Which is the name on the application. I noticed that the name on the visa however had no hyphen (eg Smith Williams). I tried the name without the hyphen and it worked... I had Access

Godgift

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-10-2015
Interview........
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Hey guys so I had an interview in Pos last week and it went well. iO believed our relationship is genuine. She told us that they have to run some background checks and they will send me a letter if they need anything. Is this good news ? And how soon will I receive the letter.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Good morning Godgift. Yes this is fantastic news. The interview was to determine if your relationship was genuine. So you are now one step closer. Some forums say that the background checks take a few months but with POS normally just a couple of weeks.

We got a call the next day after our interview as we were in Trinidad at the time and had tickets booked for Canada on the Monday. They called us back and gave my hubby his visa, they had already completed all of our background checks.

Congratulations.

Godgift said:
Hey guys so I had an interview in Pos last week and it went well. iO believed our relationship is genuine. She told us that they have to run some background checks and they will send me a letter if they need anything. Is this good news ? And how soon will I receive the letter.