12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
gehtrew said:
Hi VincyCanadian. Thanks for checking up on me,I think this is one of the saddest day for my wife and myself since we have been married,I got a rejection letter today,words cannot describe my wife feelings,she has done so much,getting things together for my arrival and was so excited up until the point the news came to her,I wish there is something that I can do to make her feel wanted, she is such a loving woman,.,.,. :'(
This is what the letter said.
You have been Convicted in the United States of America on 12th of October 1999 of an offence, namely, Operation after Suspension or Revocation.If committed in Canada,this offence would be punishable under article 259(4)of the criminal code of Canada.This was ticket I got way back in 199 and the fine was not paid until recently, I thought when the fine was paid I would be on my way to my loving wife but my guess was wrong.
I am so very sorry to hear your bad news. I can also feel your pain for I too was refused. I have been fighting this immigration battle for over 4 years now. You both have to stay strong for each other. My advice to you is to appeal your case, there is a better chance of you winning. Good luck.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
gehtrew said:
Hi VincyCanadian. Thanks for checking up on me,I think this is one of the saddest day for my wife and myself since we have been married,I got a rejection letter today,words cannot describe my wife feelings,she has done so much,getting things together for my arrival and was so excited up until the point the news came to her,I wish there is something that I can do to make her feel wanted, she is such a loving woman,.,.,. :'(
This is what the letter said.
You have been Convicted in the United States of America on 12th of October 1999 of an offence, namely, Operation after Suspension or Revocation.If committed in Canada,this offence would be punishable under article 259(4)of the criminal code of Canada.This was ticket I got way back in 199 and the fine was not paid until recently, I thought when the fine was paid I would be on my way to my loving wife but my guess was wrong.
Sorry to hear this very sad news... I know there isn't much we can say that will comfort you... it is for sure a setback, but one that can be overcome... please don't lose hope!

It's rather unfair that something as small as a parking fine would keep you from being with your wife. I believe that if you get an immigration lawyer, they will be able to give you the best next steps. A judge would be able to show compassion whereas the CIC's rigid rules cannot.

I wish you all the best as you work towards being with your wife. Everything happens for a reason and it may seem like a huge mountain to overcome, but one day you will be standing on the other victorious! Please stay in faith!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
LD-eager said:
I've never done it before ... always leave anything like that to the lawyers.

What email address did you send it to?
If there is one thing that I learned from dealing with this madness for over 4 years is that you don't depend on lawyers. They will just sit and wait until POS contact them, they will never contact POS to see what's happening. I wish I had found this forum earlier.

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
WaitingSince2012 said:
If there is one thing that I learned from dealing with this madness for over 4 years is that you don't depend on lawyers. They will just sit and wait until POS contact them, they will never contact POS to see what's happening. I wish I had found this forum earlier.
Thanks for that WaitingSince2012

I sent the email today .... so lets see what they say

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Anxiouswifey said:
Sorry to hear this very sad news... I know there isn't much we can say that will comfort you... it is for sure a setback, but one that can be overcome... please don't lose hope!

It's rather unfair that something as small as a parking fine would keep you from being with your wife. I believe that if you get an immigration lawyer, they will be able to give you the best next steps. A judge would be able to show compassion whereas the CIC's rigid rules cannot.

I wish you all the best as you work towards being with your wife. Everything happens for a reason and it may seem like a huge mountain to overcome, but one day you will be standing on the other victorious! Please stay in faith!
Thanks for the advice,I spoke to an Immigration officer today and was informed of my chances appealing is next to none. I do fall under sec36(1)b or c 259(4) A64(1)criminal inadmissibility immigration & refugee act where there is no provision under that act for me to appeal, so in essence I lose my right to appeal,only if I can change the hands of time,it all started some 17 years ago where I was caught driving without my insurance in the U.S. and a fine was imposed that was never paid until recently,I was advice after having paid the fine I would have been declared inadmissible to Canada for the next five years, so there goes my future in Canada for now I guess.Again I would like to thank everyone it was a great experience being on this forum I have learn a lot. God bless everyone and I will pray that everyone receive their PR soon. Cry I am at the end of the road now,please pray for my marriage and that I can come to Canada and reside with my loving wife some day.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
Ecas updated to decision made

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
gehtrew said:
Thanks for the advice,I spoke to an Immigration officer today and was informed of my chances appealing is next to none. I do fall under sec36(1)b or c 259(4) A64(1)criminal inadmissibility immigration & refugee act where there is no provision under that act for me to appeal, so in essence I lose my right to appeal,only if I can change the hands of time,it all started some 17 years ago where I was caught driving without my insurance in the U.S. and a fine was imposed that was never paid until recently,I was advice after having paid the fine I would have been declared inadmissible to Canada for the next five years, so there goes my future in Canada for now I guess.Again I would like to thank everyone it was a great experience being on this forum I have learn a lot. God bless everyone and I will pray that everyone receive their PR soon. Cry I am at the end of the road now,please pray for my marriage and that I can come to Canada and reside with my loving wife some day.

This is really sad! I am lost for words!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
gehtrew said:
There is still hope my dear. Talk to an immigration lawyer they will be able to give you better advice. An immigration officer will always say you cannot appeal. I was in a similar situation and I won my appeal.

Once you appeal it will be heard by a judge here in Canada. Once they made the decision POS have to go by that.

Feel free to message me if you need more advise!

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
kanarf said:
Ecas updated to decision made
Good Stuff!! You should have your passports in hand soon!!

Happy for you

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Hello Friends

Since submitting my application and joining this group, I've been very active with communicating with PSPAN.
As you know, I got the AOR2, and noticed to send in passports and supporting documentation.

In the past, I've suggested doing the same thing for your application. What I mean was for you to contact PSPAN for updates or finding out where your application is.
This is different from coming straight out and asking for specific times (which even the CIC website said not to do[I actually made that mistake one, and they told me it will be 6months - hell i never did that again]).

I've learnt to come out and ask questions about the application in the form of a cloak and dagger questions/response.

What I’ve done was come out and ask for the status of paperwork, inquiries on expiration, BUT also ask how something else was (which is the real meat and potatoes of what I was enquiring about).

Anyhow, so I had many questions about this last communication they send me-

WHY do I need to submit a new med and police cert - when the med to expire on May 8th, and Police cert exp June 15.
I also had concerns about times, if I submit for all of this it will take 3-4 months to get it all back. Far surpassing the 60-day that i need to return all required docs.

Anyhow, getting to my point. YOU NEED TO ENQUIRE In the CLOAK AND DAGGER FORM like I did.
DO NOT wait for them to contact you. If you know you have to wait, sure go ahead and wait, BUT follow up in the meantime.

Why I say this? BECAUSE I emailed them the other day - Friday - I think it was, and asked about this. I waited the usual 24hrs, nothing. 48 hours, nothing. Today I grew tired, and frustrated, so I called the High Commission and asked to speak to someone in the Immigration Section. They told me sorry that dept doesn't take calls, to email them. I was fkn pizzed! BUT I emailed anyways

SO I DID

I emailed them asking for an update of my last inquiry. I also followed up with a 2nd within 30 min explaining my issue with resubmitting and going over the 60 day noticed. I ALSO asked to a quick call so I can take notes and understand what I need to do!

**GUESS WTF HAPPENED!!!!**

I GOT A CALL 4 hours later - I wasn't as rash as I was in the email OR as it sounds in writing this post). Actually, I was the complete opposite. I was submissive, I wasn't the @ $$hole, I wasn't yelling, I was being submissive and playing the stupid game. Again this is not to put them down, but trying to gain that rapport, and show them I'm genuine to get this moved forward with little to no problem for them. If I can make their work easier so be it.

I gave the lady the opportunity to explain the situation. and then I rebutted - explaining that the timing was a problem, and how I can expedite this to avoid waiting.
I thought I’d have to send the police Clarence cert app to NYC Consulate of TT, then for them to send it to TT< then to wait for the return, back to NYC, and send it back to TT.
She quickly interjected and said NO you don’t need to do that you can mail it directly. Im like OH REALLY I'm sorry, this is what I thought the process was. I appreciate your explanation, that’s very helpful.

Not to mention having to resubmit the Police and Med when they already have it, and technically still valid for 2-3 more weeks.

Again, I gave her the opportunity to speak, again playing the damsel in distress (a sexy manly damsel while at it ;) *wink*, smooth, and polite.

She dipped her voice in a low town and said submit everything by next Friday, meaning the shet needs to be IN TT by next Friday. If past Friday and arrives after May 1st you will need to submit a police and med.
LET ME TELL YOU! I did not question it a 2nd time, I quickly understood what she was getting at, that she was trying to help me. I tried to be slick, and ask for he name, she said they don't give it out.

So I put a personal timeline to have it shipped out by Tuesday latest - which Ill send via FedEx overnight (knowing they close early on Friday, and I THINK Thursday too).
I want them to have it in hand by Thursday LATEST by 9AM. Honestly, im thinking of buying a ticket to TT and hand deliver that sheit myself! LOL!

SO MY FRIENDS!

I called my wife, told her she's not going to Florida (she lives in NJ), for the wedding we were going to next week. I said I’m sorry you can’t wear the nice saree, or nice dress she's wanted to wear for months. I said im sorry but I NEED THAT PASSPORT.
[Im not sure if you know it, even though she doesn’t have a US status, she can fly within the intercontinental US [including US VI, HI, and PR] with a form of ID in this case her TT passport. Too bad so sad, she eh goin Florida]

I said I need that Passport by THIS Monday plus the passport photos. So I can ship everything on Tuesday AM.
**SIDE NOTE My wife doesn’t know this but I’m already looking at bus and flight to get to NJ this weekend, to do the pickup of the passport on my own)**

My friends...i don’t want to be the douche-bag to force or tell ppl what to do. Im telling you my experience, and I know some of you have said you are concerned, and would rather wait.

IF I was going to wait, I was gona submit for a police, and a med, which could take 3 months to return, PLUS 500$

All im trying to say is these people are here to work for us! That's not to say we put them down (as many of us do when we are upset - I DO TOO.) But like I said its how you talk to them, and ask your questions, MEAT AND POTATOES hidden behind the dagger!

Anyhow I know this is a long post.
I love you guys, and I want us all to succeed, and move forward together.

We cannot be scared!

Cheers,

Ryan

PS: Sorry for my typeos, error, or long run on post. Im just enthused to write this message to you guys.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
It's hard to decide whether to email or not... your application reached POS after mine and still nothing from them for me... same thing I saw with the lady who has an interview this month. I reached out to Tdguy to see if heard anything but he has been mia... maybe my app is taking longer cause I am sponsoring my stepkids too... but the whole thing is tiresome and i don't want to make any of the officers vex by inquiring about my application. I'm just trying to be patient and live vicariously through everyone who has gotten a passport request... :) sounds like you in the homestretch! So very happy for you!!!

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Wow ryanr!!! You are lucky you are almost to the end That's great! I have been thinking of emailing them but I am not sure on what I would say. Our application has been in port of spain almost 2 months now.

Anxiouswifey I agree with you I think because of your step kids tour application would take jus a bit longer.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
WaitingSince2012 said:
There is still hope my dear. Talk to an immigration lawyer they will be able to give you better advice. An immigration officer will always say you cannot appeal. I was in a similar situation and I won my appeal.

Once you appeal it will be heard by a judge here in Canada. Once they made the decision POS have to go by that.

Feel free to message me if you need more advise!
Thanks for the advice,as mentioned in my earlier post after speaking to an Imm officer I do fall under sec 64(1) where I cannot appeal,even if I appeal the decision it will not be heard by a judge, if you can shed some light on a forward for me I would greatly appreciate your input.

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
In the latest Comms w/ PSPAN it asks for a TT POS PAID envelope so the passport can be mailed back.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Since im here, how would I do that?

Ryan

LD-eager

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-Nov-15
File Transfer...
18-Dec-15
Med's Request
28-Jan-16
Med's Done....
19-Feb-16
Passport Req..
28-Jan-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-16
LANDED..........
before 19-Feb-17
ryanr said:
In the latest Comms w/ PSPAN it asks for a TT POS PAID envelope so the passport can be mailed back.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Since im here, how would I do that?

Ryan
Hi Ryanr

My letter had asked for a "legal-sized courier envelope and prepaid Fedex Airway Bill addressed to yourself for the return of the passports and original documents. If using DHL please provide a DHL courier account number to which the return package can be charged".

When I went to Fedex and asked about that they suggested I set up an account with them ... I sent the passports with an extra fedex envelope and I wrote up the Form with my address for the return and sent that as well. On the Fedex form it stated that I would pay and had my Account Number on it.

I guess when they decide to return the passports my account will be charged with the delivery cost

I am not sure why your letter says something different.