Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Let me ask, in terms of the interview, thats only if they have doubts if the relationship is real i was told?? In our case we submitted alot of evidence, even with that, will they still call for one just because of the age gap? is that the standard?

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Yes, exactly. If they feel that the relationship isn't "normal" then they tend to question. My husband and I knew each other for a short period of time before getting married - May to November lol
Additionally he was in the US on temporary Green Card through marriage as well... I know it doesn't sound good but its the truth.
We probably would have married before November but he had to get a divorce so we could marry... another terrible thing but its the truth

And we still got through... The key is that we are in a relationship - when you love someone and want to be with them sometimes things don't make a lot of sense to other people. I think this came across in my husband's interview.

I wouldn't worry too much about age difference as it is 2016 and people are more understanding of age difference (men to women) because for years it was ok for an older man to be with a younger woman.

Additionally - it sounds like you have a lot of evidence. Chances are there won't be an interview and should be smooth sailing!

tdguy said:
Let me ask, in terms of the interview, thats only if they have doubts if the relationship is real i was told?? In our case we submitted alot of evidence, even with that, will they still call for one just because of the age gap? is that the standard?

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Who is anybody to judge you and your husbands situation!? The most important thing is that you found each other, that's all that matters. Thanks alot for your insight. I honestly hope we get through easily, although I must say I am not afraid of the interview one bit. I look like 28 and my wife looks like 36, its actually quite funny :), shes Ukrainian Canadian and I am what is referred to as a ''dougla'' in Trinidad, i.e half India, half African.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Hey you guys I have some questions, my police report was received by cic in November with the application but it was done in August 2015 , February 4th is going to make it 6 months old, can I do another one and send it to them without them asking? Just in the hope of saving time as I was told 6 months for that is expiry. : Also, I wanted to know if we could submit additional evidence with that, because we found some more stuff from late 2011 when my wife lived in Trinidad. Last question is how long should i expect to hear from POS? file has been transferred on 14th January and havent heard anything or seen ecas update yet. thanks again..... ::) ::)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Don't bother spending the money on another police report. Wait until they ask. It only expires if they received after 6 months so you are good. They will ask you to update if they are concern that there is criminal history otherwise you should be good.

Hang onto the 2011 material. If they ask for additional evidence you can present it. Best to keep it in your "back pocket". Plus anything additional since you submitted your application.

Don't hold your breath waiting for POS. It's good your file was transferred. That mean you have SA - so congratulations.

I actually contacted POS with an email after 3 months of hearing nothing - somewhere on the forum I had read the rule is that the Visa Office has to send you some sort of communication (at that point we never received AOR2) so I send an email stating they have not communicated with us and I have no idea if they even have our file. The next day I got an email back with our interview time.

I suspect that you file will move quickly as there isn't any red flags. You should probably hear in a couple of months a request for your passport! :) :)

good luck!

tdguy said:
Hey you guys I have some questions, my police report was received by cic in November with the application but it was done in August 2015 , February 4th is going to make it 6 months old, can I do another one and send it to them without them asking? Just in the hope of saving time as I was told 6 months for that is expiry. : Also, I wanted to know if we could submit additional evidence with that, because we found some more stuff from late 2011 when my wife lived in Trinidad. Last question is how long should i expect to hear from POS? file has been transferred on 14th January and havent heard anything or seen ecas update yet. thanks again..... ::) ::)

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
tdguy said:
I think your application will sail through... I don't think age difference is all that big of a deal... it's very common practice these days...

Your application is going to go through quickly...

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
Tdguy, I am trini living in Trinidad my husband is Canadian, he was approved to sponsor me on March 12 2015. On April 23rd Trinidad CIC sent me an email stating they rec'd my application. On May 8th another email stating they started processing my application. May 11th rec'd an email from them again requesting additional information (FBI clearance since I stayed in the US for 6 mths in 2004). It took me 6 mths to get this as my first application was rejected because the finger prints done in Trinidad was not done to FBI standards. In Aug 2015 I went Canada and get it done there and in December 2015 I sent the report to CIC Trinidad. Jan 8, 2016 Trinidad CIC sent me an email to re-submit my certificate of character for Trinidad as it was expired I sent this to them Jan 20, 2016.

I would say wait until they ask you. It only takes a few days to process. So my eyes are glued to my emails waiting to hear back from them and hoping they don't want anything else. I tell you this wait is becoming frustrating I just want to be with my husband we got married in May 2014. I think is time enough we are together we know each other for 15 years and we have history since 2001 and hope they waive an interview and just ask me to send my passport.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
DSM said:
Tdguy, I am trini living in Trinidad my husband is Canadian, he was approved to sponsor me on March 12 2015. On April 23rd Trinidad CIC sent me an email stating they rec'd my application. On May 8th another email stating they started processing my application. May 11th rec'd an email from them again requesting additional information (FBI clearance since I stayed in the US for 6 mths in 2004). It took me 6 mths to get this as my first application was rejected because the finger prints done in Trinidad was not done to FBI standards. In Aug 2015 I went Canada and get it done there and in December 2015 I sent the report to CIC Trinidad. Jan 8, 2016 Trinidad CIC sent me an email to re-submit my certificate of character for Trinidad as it was expired I sent this to them Jan 20, 2016.

I would say wait until they ask you. It only takes a few days to process. So my eyes are glued to my emails waiting to hear back from them and hoping they don't want anything else. I tell you this wait is becoming frustrating I just want to be with my husband we got married in May 2014. I think is time enough we are together we know each other for 15 years and we have history since 2001 and hope they waive an interview and just ask me to send my passport.
Hey DSM hang in there your process will conclude soon, I understand your frustration for I've been waiting for 19 months since my application (under CEC category) in 2014, likewise I've been requested to submit (and re submit) many documents...

All the best,
Astro.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Thank you all! I will keep you posted, I have one other worry though, wife and I will be in Europe/ Iceland for the summer, what will happen if I have an interview and not in the country?? do they give you a long advance notice of interview?

Jan 25, 2016
Hello all. Happy to see that many sponserships from Port of spain are processed before the 17 month maximum time. I'm a bit distressed this is my first time on here and well I will fill you in .Hope that someone can shine light to my situation. My husband is from Saint Vincent...I am Canadian born. We met in Canada while he was here visiting his family , long story short he over stayed we had a child (now 4 years old) and we got married in canada as well.In Jan 2014 he was removed from canada for over staying that was months of checking in before they sent him home ...he was removed for one year..that year he was in saint vincent we all got documents together and we proceeded to apply for sponsership . The stats are below....

Feb 2015 applied...submitted whole package all documents pictures and phone record

April 2015 sponser approved
medical were submitted upfront

September 2015 ...husband was asked to go to Trinidad for interview ..I didn't go as our son and I just came back from saint vincent weeks prior.

at interview he braught police record updated..the rcmp record was still pending they asked for us to send it when we recieve it in mail.
November record was sent

January 2016...website is stating decision made...however there is no letter or email ...when I got approved for being sponser an email was sent out

I noticed alot of people on this forum did not have to do a interview. we got asked...i got a lawyer to review everything ...and we'll I had all in order the only thing that was missing was proof (bills) addressed to my husband while he was living in canada from 2012 feb-Jan 2014...I made sure I had neighbours and family's written statements that we resided together however that was a question that they asked my husband. While he was living here he had no bills addressed to our family home.He was set up with a bank account by a relative when he first landed in canada the year prior. However I'm just worried and stressed as its been 2 years ..we visited saint vincent buy it's just heartbreaking. I'm a single mother right now trying to get our family back together.

How long before I hear the decision ...has anything like this happend to anyone. Are they picking on us because we're not from the same country.

Thank you

Jan 25, 2016
tdguy said:
Thank you all! I will keep you posted, I have one other worry though, wife and I will be in Europe/ Iceland for the summer, what will happen if I have an interview and not in the country?? do they give you a long advance notice of interview?
we recieved email for interview request on Sept 10..interview scheduled for octhe 7th..about one month...however the request didn't come by mail until Sept 20th...2 weeks prior.

from the looks of it all cases vary..good luck and have fun on your trip

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Sounds like you are almost finished the process. Did the visa officer tell your husband at the end of the interview if he was successful or not?

What were the questions that he was asked? It seems the only concern they would have had was his over stay. I am sure things will go fine.
Have you contacted the visa office and asked?

I am a big believer in if you don't ask you won't know. If they can they will give you some sort of an answer. I believe that from what I can see on the forum if you are being denied you pretty much know after the interview. The visa office doesn't waste time.

Hopefully you are just waiting on hear back about his request for a passport.

God Bless and keep us posted.

*Patientlywaiting* said:
Hello all. Happy to see that many sponserships from Port of spain are processed before the 17 month maximum time. I'm a bit distressed this is my first time on here and well I will fill you in .Hope that someone can shine light to my situation. My husband is from Saint Vincent...I am Canadian born. We met in Canada while he was here visiting his family , long story short he over stayed we had a child (now 4 years old) and we got married in canada as well.In Jan 2014 he was removed from canada for over staying that was months of checking in before they sent him home ...he was removed for one year..that year he was in saint vincent we all got documents together and we proceeded to apply for sponsership . The stats are below....

Feb 2015 applied...submitted whole package all documents pictures and phone record

September 2015 ...husband was asked to go to Trinidad for interview ..I didn't go as our son and I just came back from saint vincent weeks prior.

at interview he braught police record updated..the rcmp record was still pending they asked for us to send it when we recieve it in mail.
November record was sent

January 2016...website is stating decision made...however there is no letter or email ...when I got approved for being sponser an email was sent out

I noticed alot of people on this forum did not have to do a interview. we got asked...i got a lawyer to review everything ...and we'll I had all in order the only thing that was missing was proof (bills) addressed to my husband while he was living in canada from 2012 feb-Jan 2014...I made sure I had neighbours and family's written statements that we resided together however that was a question that they asked my husband. While he was living here he had no bills addressed to our family home.He was set up with a bank account by a relative when he first landed in canada the year prior. However I'm just worried and stressed as its been 2 years ..we visited saint vincent buy it's just heartbreaking. I'm a single mother right now trying to get our family back together.

How long before I hear the decision ...has anything like this happend to anyone. Are they picking on us because we're not from the same country.

Thank you

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Me and you are in a very similar situation. My husband is from Saint Vincent and im Canadian as well. I also just had a baby (2 months). We met in Canada and he overstayed as well. The only difference is my husband got stop by police officer one day and asked for his ID, the officer noticed he didn't have his Canadian ID'S so they brought him to the holding cell. They offered him bail but no one could bail him at the time (I was a student at the time so I didn't have the money ). He decided at the point he wanted to go back home, so he paid his own fare and left.

We just had our interview last week and I noticed to on Sunday that it said DM on ecas. No PPR or anything. They told my husband a decision would be made in a week or 2. So we're just waiting now.

There's a thread for "decision made before passport request". It's not up to date but it gave me some hope that it could mean ppr might be coming soon. You can even Google "decision made but no passport request " and get other peoples opinions in the same situation.

Does your ecas say "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."? Because mine doesn't it just says medical received.

Keep the faith hopefully our ppr will come at the same time. :)

*Patientlywaiting* said:

November record was sent

Thank you

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Oh and I didn't know you can call them when it says DM. I'm going to call them later today to see what they say.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
I noticed alot of people last year got processed in less than 6 months etc that really good. Im hoping wifey and I get it quickly as well, I hope age difference isnt a huge deal that they have to slow down ours. All the best to those of you who are waiting ! PPR next week fingers crossed....