Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Congratulations.

tdguy said:
Hey everyone we have gotten AOR today!! anxious wifey you are next dont worry!!!!!

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Canadianinlove said:
Congratulations.
Thanks, me and wifey are very happy but equally nervous, only red flag is the age diff.... any further tips? I mean they would only help if we had an interview right, we sent in all the evidence we had, but on this trip we had a hotel getaway and saved receipts from dinner and movies and stuff

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Just continue to make sure that you document your relationship. If you were to go for an interview it is good to have lots of evidence.
Use communication methods that can be tracked, we used FB messenger had 150 pages.
I sent him money via western union to show that I was capable of supporting him.

He traveled to see one another so we took additional pictures and all of our flight information. I paid for his travel so I kept all of the documentation to show I paid for everything.

The waiting is the hardest part. He is landed now and working full time and adjusting to the cold weather here.
good luck.

tdguy said:
Thanks, me and wifey are very happy but equally nervous, only red flag is the age diff.... any further tips? I mean they would only help if we had an interview right, we sent in all the evidence we had, but on this trip we had a hotel getaway and saved receipts from dinner and movies and stuff

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
yeah we actually have fb chat smgs from since 2011 - now... we sent in 100 pages plus of fb chat, telephone call logs for a year, skype logs, whatsapp, digicel topup from 2012- now, and lots of other things, no western union receipts though as i have been working all the time. I wasnt able to get a visa so wasnt able to visit her, im 24 she is 42 so they must have thought i wouldnt return home, we also included booked tickets for a trip to Iceland we have planned for later this year. thanks for the advice :)

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
needhimback said:
Congrats tdguy !!!
Ah fine they taking rel long with your SA! could the situation with ARC be holding you back??

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Canadianinlove said:
I wouldn't really worry about it. I actually never got my AOR until after I got SA.
I found out cic had apparently sent me AOR but neither myself or my hubby got anything.

At the time cic website said SA was taking 62 days. I got it in 55 days.

Cic won't tell you anything until you have passed the website wait times. All they have posted in 62 days for SA.

Did you check your junk email folder? Try not to worry.
Hi,

Yes I have. I am going to console myself with knowing they have my application and are working on it.

When I called yesterday, another agent told me they are working on it and I would find out if I am approved to sponsor by the end of the month by mail. So I am going to leave them be until then. Thankfully POS seems to be very fast on processing.

I guess I got AOR envy lol...

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Anxiouswifey said:
Hi,

Yes I have. I am going to console myself with knowing they have my application and are working on it.

When I called yesterday, another agent told me they are working on it and I would find out if I am approved to sponsor by the end of the month by mail. So I am going to leave them be until then. Thankfully POS seems to be very fast on processing.

I guess I got AOR envy lol...
Do not worry my dear.. and how fast is fast?? like 6 months? and is it because the volume going through pos isnt that much??

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
tdguy said:
Do not worry my dear.. and how fast is fast?? like 6 months? and is it because the volume going through pos isnt that much??
Fast... Some people have gotten through in like 4 months ... Not sure why it's so fast. But based on what I have seen in this thread, less than a year for sure these days...

I just want to things to go quickly and smoothly, that way my step kiddies can start school here in September :)

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
tdguy said:
oh so you are sponsoring your husband and step kids? could that be the reason why they are taking so long with your app?
Who knows! But I doubt, I saw one of the ladies on the November thread as multiple kids and she got her AOR.

I think CIC is inconsistent in their processing. The guy told me there was no AOR cause I am applying Outland. So I was cool, whatever dude, as long as they are working on my app.

Some people in October thread never got an AOR and were just lucky enough to get into ECAS.

I just have to be patient I guess, which is not easy for someone with anxiety.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
yeah i see what you mean! hold on though! dont lose the faith, as you can see we are in this together

Dec 17, 2015
Good morning,

I applied in April,2015 and by end of End of October,2015 my wife got her visa approved to come Canada. We went through interview and also request to provide more proofs. I wasn't ask to attend the interview but i still showed up to support my wife. She spent almost an hr in there. i was called in and asked questions,but our stories were the same. because we remember whats on the application form. Possible red flag for us was probably education, age, finances.
I have a master in Engineering and she just a high school grad, plus she is home for the last 2 years. plus i am 6 years older than her.

-My advice is give them the proof they need and always be willing to provide more evidence to them if asked.
-Try to remember common silly things about ur spouse, plus serious stuff like, wages, mortgage, car, job, education, housing, sexual encounters etc.

As i said in my earlier post the interviewer we dealt with was very harsh, but make u prepare yourself for anything they throw at u. Dont look down, look at them, keep an consistent tone of voice, don't be rude and ask them to repeat any question you don't understand.

This was my closing line at the interview because they did'nt give us an answer at the end.

" Mam I know that my relationship is genuine and i am willing to provide any proof needed if require to prove this to u"

Good Luck Everyone, Msg if you have any questions

I am trying to scare anyone i am just sharing that experice

Cheers

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
sounds like we had similar time lines.
My husband also interviewed and the Visa Officer was very rude and did not allow me to say anything to her.

I am a National HR Manager. He worked for Petrotrin as an Engineer.
We had a lot of red flags but in the end he landed on November 3rd - we applied on April 7th and is already working full time and life is good.

I agree with all the statements Mississauga Boy shared. As I said before consistency in answering interview questions is the key.
That being said if you have a standard application you should be processed very quickly.

God bless.

Mississauga Boy said:
Good morning,

I applied in April,2015 and by end of End of October,2015 my wife got her visa approved to come Canada. We went through interview and also request to provide more proofs. I wasn't ask to attend the interview but i still showed up to support my wife. She spent almost an hr in there. i was called in and asked questions,but our stories were the same. because we remember whats on the application form. Possible red flag for us was probably education, age, finances.
I have a master in Engineering and she just a high school grad, plus she is home for the last 2 years. plus i am 6 years older than her.

-My advice is give them the proof they need and always be willing to provide more evidence to them if asked.
-Try to remember common silly things about ur spouse, plus serious stuff like, wages, mortgage, car, job, education, housing, sexual encounters etc.

As i said in my earlier post the interviewer we dealt with was very harsh, but make u prepare yourself for anything they throw at u. Dont look down, look at them, keep an consistent tone of voice, don't be rude and ask them to repeat any question you don't understand.

This was my closing line at the interview because they did'nt give us an answer at the end.

" Mam I know that my relationship is genuine and i am willing to provide any proof needed if require to prove this to u"

Good Luck Everyone, Msg if you have any questions

I am trying to scare anyone i am just sharing that experice

Cheers

Dec 17, 2015
Canadianinlove:

Hmm wondering if we had the same interviewer. After we came out from that interview was not sure where we stood. But prayers and things went well.

Ps: Wifey freezing lol, :D ;D

[quote author=Clink=topic=42874.msg4886722#msg4886722 date=1452275307]
sounds like we had similar time lines.
My husband also interviewed and the Visa Officer was very rude and did not allow me to say anything to her.

I am a National HR Manager. He worked for Petrotrin as an Engineer.
We had a lot of red flags but in the end he landed on November 3rd - we applied on April 7th and is already working full time and life is good.

I agree with all the statements Mississauga Boy shared. As I said before consistency in answering interview questions is the key.
That being said if you have a standard application you should be processed very quickly.

God bless.

[/quote]

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Might have been. She was a local Trini - Chinese decent. :)

My hubby is dying with the weather. Glad there hasn't been too much snow otherwise he would be overwhelmed. Just glad everything worked out for you guys as well as for us.

Mississauga Boy said:
Canadianinlove:

Hmm wondering if we had the same interviewer. After we came out from that interview was not sure where we stood. But prayers and things went well.

Ps: Wifey freezing lol, :D ;D

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Hey everyone, wife left this morning on wesjet to TO then connecting... cant wait for this process to be over, 5 years now and the goodbyes arent getting any easier... hope everyone is good...