Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
HoneyBird said:
MANCRAB
Has your wife been able to log on to ecas with her file no?
I cant. Just wondering if its just me or just how it is at the moment. ???

Honeybird,
I have tried using the application B# that was provided on the AOR that my wife received, but no go. Mentioned is made as to the possible reasons, and one of the reasons
is that they may not have started the actual processing as yet. Like yourself, we are at the two
month period since the date of the AOR, so if we don't hear anthing by Nov 14th, then we would be on there case. I'll be in Trinidad this weekend, so I hope that we hear something in the period
that I am there, so that I can help my wife out. I suspect that we have crossed the hump, we have made it this far, just a little bit again, keep your hopes up!

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
Hey everyone, its been a while that i haven't been in here. How is everyone doing?
Confusedandscared, GT, GTwifey, impatient queen .....

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
RoyalT said:
Hey everyone, its been a while that i haven't been in here. How is everyone doing?
Confusedandscared, GT, GTwifey, impatient queen .....

RoyalT,
you have had a smooth timeline. I started the sponsorship of my wife this past June,
and the AOR was sent to my wife Aug 14th, but it's been two months since then, and in ecas, it shows nothing on my wifes application file number as yet. Good to see in your case, that things worked out well!

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
Mancrab said:
RoyalT,
you have had a smooth timeline. I started the sponsorship of my wife this past June,
and the AOR was sent to my wife Aug 14th, but it's been two months since then, and in ecas, it shows nothing on my wifes application file number as yet. Good to see in your case, that things worked out well!
thanks!
there's one thing i can tell you and its that they take Very long to update the website. After i got my letter approving me as a sponsor I logged in and saw a comment that said:
We received your application to sponsor XXXX on March 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 25, 2010.

We sent you a letter on March 25, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Then nothing else was updated on there until weeks after the passport request letter was received. I was worried because other people told me that their file was updated saying Medicals received or that they had an interview date etc...
I guess every immigration officer works differently. don't worry too much, sometimes no news is good news!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honeybird,
I have tried using the application B# that was provided on the AOR that my wife received, but no go. Mentioned is made as to the possible reasons, and one of the reasons
is that they may not have started the actual processing as yet. Like yourself, we are at the two
month period since the date of the AOR, so if we don't hear anthing by Nov 14th, then we would be on there case. I'll be in Trinidad this weekend, so I hope that we hear something in the period
that I am there, so that I can help my wife out. I suspect that we have crossed the hump, we have made it this far, just a little bit again, keep your hopes up!
Okay this makes me feel a bit better . :) Thanks for the update Mancrab!

deejaimz

Oct 19, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/10/2010
File Transfer...
18/11/2010
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
05/08/2010
Passport Req..
pending...
VISA ISSUED...
pending...
LANDED..........
pending...
Just starting the process

Hey all -- I just put in my documents in the mail today...my friends have been telling me about all the online forums for immigration so i've joined this one -- i just hope it goes thru smooth

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
Hi guys I received my CAIPS notes and I am having a hard time deciphering the codes. Does anyone what bfs means? It was used in this context: There is still the issue of pi's status in the US as outlined in notes bfs of relationship still need to be determined.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
BFS = Bona Fides.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
Hi guys I received my CAIPS notes and I am having a hard time deciphering the codes. Does anyone what bfs means? It was used in this context: There is still the issue of pi's status in the US as outlined in notes bfs of relationship still need to be determined.
Is that exactly what your notes said Vinni? This is a sign for you to start working your arse off on tons of evidence to prove to CIC that they are wrong about the BFs of your rship. Start saving on all dem bills and every piece of evidence gurl and good luck putting it all together. I would definitely recommend you start brainstorming ideas of how you want to present it and such. Remember, no binders or photo albums or bind papers in a folder .... make sure everything is loose and easy to reach and most of all, understandable. Use things like sticky notes, elastic bands (they will become ur new BFF), paper clips.

:D

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Everyone,

I have passed first stage approval for my application in POS. I guess I should be receiving a letter in the mail for the next step/s and maybe ARC payment cuz my next BFD is in November around month end.

Meds have been received, reviewed and put on file. I guess now they are running background checks and then I should be bang on if all goes well.

I don't see my holidays being in Canada but I do see a nice cold heart of the winter in January or February for me :D :D :D

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confusednscared said:
Everyone,

I have passed first stage approval for my application in POS. I guess I should be receiving a letter in the mail for the next step/s and maybe ARC payment cuz my next BFD is in November around month end.

Meds have been received, reviewed and put on file. I guess now they are running background checks and then I should be bang on if all goes well.

I don't see my holidays being in Canada but I do see a nice cold heart of the winter in January or February for me :D :D :D
I thought you had all this done already!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird said:
I thought you had all this done already!
It wasn't official. I only got it through word of mouth from the IO at my interview. It's now in my CAIPS notes so yea ... more OFFICIAL and documented.

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
Hi guys thanks for the responds...yes confused thats what the CAIPS stated. They want to know why we were introduced by our mutual friend
My hubby and I just started talking in May 09 and got married in Jan 10 and of course they stated that things happened "rapidly." Also, my hubby uses an access number to call and pays a flat rate for international calls. The outgoing calls do not register on his bill so they said that the phone records from my phone does not prove that my husband is the one calling me. Another issue, they need a Police clearance from Guyana even thought I left when I was a 14 and never left the states since then. Finally, they have questions about my status in the states.

Oh one more thing, when we got married in Jan we stayed a hotel that night for obvious reasons. They questioned why sponsor stayed at a hotel while visiting me. Isnt it obvious that two people that just got married would like to spend the nite together without the parents in the next room?

I am happy I ordered the notes, atleast I know what I am facing at the interview but I am so scared that evidence I have may not be enough. My husband is so optimistic that everything will be fine but I am worried.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
Hi guys thanks for the responds...yes confused thats what the CAIPS stated. They want to know why we were introduced by our mutual friend
My hubby and I just started talking in May 09 and got married in Jan 10 and of course they stated that things happened "rapidly." Also, my hubby uses an access number to call and pays a flat rate for international calls. The outgoing calls do not register on his bill so they said that the phone records from my phone does not prove that my husband is the one calling me. Another issue, they need a Police clearance from Guyana even thought I left when I was a 14 and never left the states since then. Finally, they have questions about my status in the states.

Oh one more thing, when we got married in Jan we stayed a hotel that night for obvious reasons. They questioned why sponsor stayed at a hotel while visiting me. Isnt it obvious that two people that just got married would like to spend the nite together without the parents in the next room?

I am happy I ordered the notes, atleast I know what I am facing at the interview but I am so scared that evidence I have may not be enough. My husband is so optimistic that everything will be fine but I am worried.
WOW, thanks for the details and I must say those notes were detailed with more than enough information that will help you out. Mine had nothing in it. I guess they only make notes when they have a lot of things that they need to question. At my interview, the IO said straight up that he had no problems with my application but rather my previous immigration history in Canada. My notes barely had any information present in it.

I don't understand why they would want a PCC from Guyana. I think what you need to do is make it clear to them with lots of documents (pp, immigration docs) that you left Guyana when you were a minor.

DO you know the name of your VO? In the notes there are usually initials of the person that makes the comments/remarks. If you don't mind sharing those initials I can maybe be of more help and tell if it's the same IO I had and such.

When is your next BF date? Does the notes state if they have mailed out any requests in the meantime?

Hun, you need to start working on this to make it seem real through the VO's eyes. I would suggest your hubby coming over for more frequent visits and you two do things and keep every bit of information/receipt that can prove you did XYZ. For example, if you go for dinner or take out keep the receipt or take one or two pics of you two doing things outside ... like walking in Times Square or in the park or something .... it's all about showing the IO that you are real by having proof of you both doing things together regardless of what it is.

I hope this helps!

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
I/O is JL....."BF' D is 31-01-10" even though my interview is earlier. I dont understand, maybe i am reading it wrong...

My hubby visits once every month and we always make sure we take pictures and save the receipts, I am obsess with collecting evidence, I even sent in his credit card statements showing that he pays for everything when we are together trying to prove financial support. We are looking for a new house and I sent in emails of our discussions about purchasing a new home and the potential homes what we are considering. I sent in these docs after I recieved my AOR. Here is their comment after receiving the docs: "These docs are post marriage....There is still the issue of pi's status in the US as outlined in notes of 29Jun2010...bfs of relationship still need to be determined."

Do you guys think I should send in more documents and write a letter addressing the issues mentioned earlier or should I just wait for the interview?

Confused: Do you have to be in Guyana to obtain a police clearance or can i apply from the states and how long does it take?