Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
hello everyone thought I would share an update.

My hubby and I actually used an immigration lawyer to help us with the process and represent us. I was nervous about not have the appropriate documentation in place and wanted to use a "professional".

Yesterday I read my SA letter again. I noticed that they said they did not receive his medical with the application and noted this deficiency in our file when they transferred it to POS. I was horrified I thought how did this happen when I gave EVERYTHING to the lawyer to send. I contacted the lawyer and they said it is a standard form and that they would contact me if there is any communication.

Well not being satisfied with that answer I called CIC and spoke to them. The agent advised that they probably have the medical information but to be sure send the e-medical receipt.

:eek: :eek: Of course I am concerned at this point.

So last night I sent to POS the e-medical receipt via courier.

I also decided to send my RPFP receipt because now I am wondering if the lawyer submitted that as well.
I sent the only copy I have of my hubby's FBI report (lawyer has original - as he was waiting on AOR from POS) :(

I am wondering now if this has been the entire hold up on my file... the medical which was done in February this year. :p :p

I am hoping that with me sending all of these things that POS VO will only need the original FBI report from the lawyer.

Fingers crossed DHL delivers the documentation on Monday - that was the soonest I could get it there.

WOW that was kind of a rant. I guess I just wanted to vent. Imagine if I didn't re-read the letter. The lawyer would have us just sitting here doing nothing. I feel a little naïve.

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Canadianinlove said:

My hubby and I actually used an immigration lawyer to help us with the process and represent us. I was nervous about not have the appropriate documentation in place and wanted to use a "professional".

Yesterday I read my SA letter again. I noticed that they said they did not receive his medical with the application and noted this deficiency in our file when they transferred it to POS. I was horrified I thought how did this happen when I gave EVERYTHING to the lawyer to send. I contacted the lawyer and they said it is a standard form and that they would contact me if there is any communication.

Well not being satisfied with that answer I called CIC and spoke to them. The agent advised that they probably have the medical information but to be sure send the e-medical receipt.

I also decided to send my RPFP receipt because now I am wondering if the lawyer submitted that as well.
I sent the only copy I have of my hubby's FBI report (lawyer has original - as he was waiting on AOR from POS) :(

I am wondering now if this has been the entire hold up on my file... the medical which was done in February this year. :p :p

I am hoping that with me sending all of these things that POS VO will only need the original FBI report from the lawyer.

Fingers crossed DHL delivers the documentation on Monday - that was the soonest I could get it there.

WOW that was kind of a rant. I guess I just wanted to vent. Imagine if I didn't re-read the letter. The lawyer would have us just sitting here doing nothing. I feel a little naïve.
Wow.

Well to begin with, The SA letter does say "If" you haven't done the medical that you will have to do so etc.

Mine said the same thing, it really is just a standard letter.

Alot of people like to do business with Imm. Lawyers for peace of mind but from what I've been told, it is just a money making business.

I just hope they received everything and your application won't be crazily delayed.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
thanks mrs.trini!

Are you still waiting on your husband's passport to be returned?

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Canadianinlove said:
thanks mrs.trini!

Are you still waiting on your husband's passport to be returned?
No problem girl !

And yes we are still waiting.. :(

My heart has a big knot it's annoying

EmmaLee

Jul 24, 2015
Trinidad
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
Doc's Request.
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
Hello everyone!

I've been dealing with this immigration thing for almost a year, and I've been reading this chat forum for quite a while so I decided I'd share our story and see if anyone has anything they'd like to share with me. I'm feeling like I'm on a bit of an island with regards to this - nobody seems to understand the process or the stress!

My husband and I have a 23 month old son, and we met in Grenada in 2012. We have lived together since then and are currently living in Trinidad, waiting for our sponsorship application to complete.

I submitted my application on February 19, 2015. I had my application reviewed by an immigration consultant for the low-low bargain basement price of $1000 CAD. I hope it was worth it!. I was approved as sponsor on April 21. On May 6 we got our client IDs and on May 19 our status was changed to In Process for the Port of Spain office.

We had originally intended to apply for my husband's daughter on our application but while trying to get the court order showing my husband had full custody, a lot of drama happened. The short of it is that the court messed up the documents and showed my husband's ex as having full custody, we told my husband's uncle, and days later we let my step-daughter go to her mother's at christmas and she has only been back once for a visit since. She "somehow" discovered that she had accidental custody and refused to bring my step-daughter back. We saw her once a couple months ago and her mother has convinced her she doesn't want to come with us, so for now its just the three of us.

CIC asked us to sign and notarize a document saying that we will never sponsor her under the family class sponsorship. It seems harsh and unnecessary to exclude a child like that but they don't leave us any choice if we want to go. (While this seems rather rash and glib, please be assured that a lot of effort and heartache has gone in to fixing this situation, to no avail at this time).

We sent one copy of that document by TT Post Courier) weeks ago and they (I think) lost it. They told me after weeks of calling that the embassy doesn't sign for packages so they couldn't confirm that it had been delivered. Obviously untrue. We had a private courier deliver a second copy of the letter on July 10.

This morning I checked our application status online and they have changed my husband's mailing address to an old address. None of our application forms have this address so I can only guess that they have accessed an old system from when we applied to have him visit Canada when I was pregnant. I should, I guess, mention that he was denied two temporary entry visas in 2013. I went to Canada to have our son and he was not permitted to be there for the birth. SMH!

So, my hope is that the changed address is an indication that they are back working on our file. It's also my hope that we've been approved in principle before they sent us the letter asking us to take my step-daughter off our file. Surely they wouldn't have done that if they were going to turn around and deny us?

I'm hopeful that we will hear soon. Soon soon. :) I've been watching some of the timelines here and things seem to be moving fairly quickly for straightforward cases - though I'm not sure we qualify as straightforward!

Thanks for reading. I'm happy to entertain anyone who would like to tell me that we will be packing to leave as early as next week. ;)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Wow EmmaLee - that is a lot to have to go through.
I am concerned you had to send documents more than once and maybe they lost stuff.

I can't speak to your circumstance because it is unique.
Are you Canadian?
How are you both in Trinidad and not his home country...
Sorry for all the questions.
;)

Welcome!

EmmaLee said:
Hello everyone!

I've been dealing with this immigration thing for almost a year, and I've been reading this chat forum for quite a while so I decided I'd share our story and see if anyone has anything they'd like to share with me. I'm feeling like I'm on a bit of an island with regards to this - nobody seems to understand the process or the stress!

My husband and I have a 23 month old son, and we met in Grenada in 2012. We have lived together since then and are currently living in Trinidad, waiting for our sponsorship application to complete.

I submitted my application on February 19, 2015. I had my application reviewed by an immigration consultant for the low-low bargain basement price of $1000 CAD. I hope it was worth it!. I was approved as sponsor on April 21. On May 6 we got our client IDs and on May 19 our status was changed to In Process for the Port of Spain office.

We had originally intended to apply for my husband's daughter on our application but while trying to get the court order showing my husband had full custody, a lot of drama happened. The short of it is that the court messed up the documents and showed my husband's ex as having full custody, we told my husband's uncle, and days later we let my step-daughter go to her mother's at christmas and she has only been back once for a visit since. She "somehow" discovered that she had accidental custody and refused to bring my step-daughter back. We saw her once a couple months ago and her mother has convinced her she doesn't want to come with us, so for now its just the three of us.

CIC asked us to sign and notarize a document saying that we will never sponsor her under the family class sponsorship. It seems harsh and unnecessary to exclude a child like that but they don't leave us any choice if we want to go. (While this seems rather rash and glib, please be assured that a lot of effort and heartache has gone in to fixing this situation, to no avail at this time).

We sent one copy of that document by TT Post Courier) weeks ago and they (I think) lost it. They told me after weeks of calling that the embassy doesn't sign for packages so they couldn't confirm that it had been delivered. Obviously untrue. We had a private courier deliver a second copy of the letter on July 10.

This morning I checked our application status online and they have changed my husband's mailing address to an old address. None of our application forms have this address so I can only guess that they have accessed an old system from when we applied to have him visit Canada when I was pregnant. I should, I guess, mention that he was denied two temporary entry visas in 2013. I went to Canada to have our son and he was not permitted to be there for the birth. SMH!

So, my hope is that the changed address is an indication that they are back working on our file. It's also my hope that we've been approved in principle before they sent us the letter asking us to take my step-daughter off our file. Surely they wouldn't have done that if they were going to turn around and deny us?

I'm hopeful that we will hear soon. Soon soon. :) I've been watching some of the timelines here and things seem to be moving fairly quickly for straightforward cases - though I'm not sure we qualify as straightforward!

Thanks for reading. I'm happy to entertain anyone who would like to tell me that we will be packing to leave as early as next week. ;)

EmmaLee

Jul 24, 2015
Trinidad
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
Doc's Request.
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
Hey Canadianinlove!

Sorry I wasn't clear - my husband is a Trini but was in Grenada for work, as was I, when we met. I'm Canadian. We moved to Trinidad after we found out that I was pregnant. At this point I go home to Canada every three months for a visit to get around the immigration issues.

As for the documents - everything was received by the embassy because we re-sent the letter that TT Post lost through another courier - and I made sure to get a copy of the signature saying it was received!

Man, this is all so much fun! :p

Canadianinlove said:
Wow EmmaLee - that is a lot to have to go through.
I am concerned you had to send documents more than once and maybe they lost stuff.

I can't speak to your circumstance because it is unique.
Are you Canadian?
How are you both in Trinidad and not his home country...
Sorry for all the questions.
;)

Welcome!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
EmmaLee - ok now it makes sense to me.

I keep telling my husband it might have been easier for me just to move to Trinidad then him coming here :p :p

I sent documents yesterday to the Embassy I sent them through DHL and asked for a signature at delivery. It will be interesting to see if I get a signature or not.

EmmaLee

Jul 24, 2015
Trinidad
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
Doc's Request.
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
I think it takes a lot longer to get through here, but at least you'd be together! :)

I'm sure DHL will get a signature too - the embassy must get a ton of deliveries every day and they wouldn't acknowledge it if you emailed them about it, so the only way we can know if something is delivered is if someone signs! (Trust me, I know, because I emailed asking them if they'd confirm receipt of the one that I sent via TT Post and they didn't even respond!!)

Canadianinlove said:
EmmaLee - ok now it makes sense to me.

I keep telling my husband it might have been easier for me just to move to Trinidad then him coming here :p :p

I sent documents yesterday to the Embassy I sent them through DHL and asked for a signature at delivery. It will be interesting to see if I get a signature or not.

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
Canadianinlove said:

Hey Canadianinlove,

All letters say "if medical was not received". You would know by what ecas states. Under PR application status, I'm assuming it says "Application received"? Now if medicals were received you'll notice that it will say within that "1. We received your application on so and so date" and "2. Medicals received". Does your ECAS state that love?

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
EmmaLee said:
Hello everyone!

Sounds hectic, but rest assured, usually... Key word being usually... When the status is changed to "in process" it most likely means a PPR will be issued in the near future. Keep in mind this is the CIC and they have a mind that no one can explain, but based on what you said, it sounds positive. I wish you all the best!

mrsfox

Jul 26, 2015
Hello,

I have been married to my husband for just a little over a year. I have been travelling back and forth since he was denied a visa and we had originally intended for me to move there. Plans have changed and now we are planning for him to come here. The application form itself seems pretty straightforward however we have some complications that may pose as 'difficulties' (I'll list below) so I'm trying to decide if we need to hire help or if I should just move forward with applying for sponsorship. Lawyers are expensive and I would prefer to do it alone but at the same time, I wouldn't want to ruin our chances. I'm sure that not every application is a walk in the park so feel free to share your experience with immigration lawyers here :)

1) He has two previous convictions. One considered hybrid in Canadian law and the other a minor. The most recent was dealt with and completed in 2012.

2) We applied for a visitor visa and were denied. Not sure how much of an impact this will leave but we did list family members in the application who are unwilling to cooperate in getting medicals or background checks & so I would prefer not to have them documented in this application but then would we be in trouble for not keeping our information consistent?

3) We didn't have a big wedding ceremony and I had a horrible skin rash at the time and refused to take pictures. Will this cause an issue when proving the authenticity?

Thanks in advance

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Can baby said:
Please share landing story! It will be great to hear how the reunion with you and hubby goes! Congrats hun! All the best to you both!
Hey so i guess ill definately share a landing story... ;)

SOOOO Hubby is here right now. he arrived July 16th at 9 25 pm looking oh so sexy as always. It was REALLY packed in terminal 3 i guess because of the PAN AM Games going on , but my wait wasnt too long and he was out after 15 minutes upon arrival. When i seen him I almost jumped outta my body but instead greeted eachother with hugs and LOTS of kisses lool :p :p Our daughter was really excited which i thought she would be shy to have him hold her. Alot of other things happened too but im so busy of course and cant type all. Hes working right now (Yes i know already) but mama needs a house to buy and get out this tight condo lool.. but ya thats it, 2nd baby planning coming soon lol (maybe). Plus lots of Blessings from the Almighty

Anyways i hope you all have a smooth process with your paper works and i cant wait to see more PPRS and Landing stories!! :p :p :p

EmmaLee

Jul 24, 2015
Trinidad
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
Doc's Request.
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
Thanks! I'm hopeful... even though it's tough to stay positive sometimes!

I wish they would update their system more, though I get that that would take away processing time... A friend of my is from England and she sponsored her husband from Grenada and they have a pay system where you can pay extra to fast-track your file and you can even call in to a pay-by-the-minute phone system where they tell you exactly whats happening with your file. That would be awesome!

Can baby said:
Sounds hectic, but rest assured, usually... Key word being usually... When the status is changed to "in process" it most likely means a PPR will be issued in the near future. Keep in mind this is the CIC and they have a mind that no one can explain, but based on what you said, it sounds positive. I wish you all the best!

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey so i guess ill definately share a landing story... ;)

SOOOO Hubby is here right now. he arrived July 16th at 9 25 pm looking oh so sexy as always. It was REALLY packed in terminal 3 i guess because of the PAN AM Games going on , but my wait wasnt too long and he was out after 15 minutes upon arrival. When i seen him I almost jumped outta my body but instead greeted eachother with hugs and LOTS of kisses lool :p :p Our daughter was really excited which i thought she would be shy to have him hold her. Alot of other things happened too but im so busy of course and cant type all. Hes working right now (Yes i know already) but mama needs a house to buy and get out this tight condo lool.. but ya thats it, 2nd baby planning coming soon lol (maybe). Plus lots of Blessings from the Almighty

Anyways i hope you all have a smooth process with your paper works and i cant wait to see more PPRS and Landing stories!! :p :p :p

OMG my cheeks are hurting SO much from smiling over your landing story.

I am so happy for you two and glad that you both are finally together.

<3