14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey forum,

Just saying hi and hope everyone is doing great.

AS for me, I am still a bit frustrated because interview is coming up in about 2 weeks and still haven't received any letters or information from the visa office at POS.

I am beginning to get very annoyed by their lack of customer service to their clients and I think on Monday we will be sending a complaint to the program manager.

We phoned the office last week and the receptionist said that if we don't get anything from them by this past Monday to send an email with the word 'URGENT' in the subject line. We listened to the lady and I guess they don't understand simple English or they are just up for giving us a tough time. Whichever path it is they have chosen for us we will not going to let this slip.

I mean, how retarded is it that I can't get a letter from POS regarding the time, location and documents I should bring for the interview. Now, what if I was in Canada or in a different country working and haven't received any form of communication from them? I sure would have been fish out of water not knowing what to expect or if e-CAS is truly lying about things.

Anyway, this is my little vent for now guys.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
That is ridiculous! How are people suppose to make arrangements....they simply don't care about applicants. Definitely go ahead with the complaint.

I am going to be so screwed when my time comes for the interview, sitting here in the US waiting for them tell me where to go, Trinidad or Guyana!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
That is ridiculous! How are people suppose to make arrangements....they simply don't care about applicants. Definitely go ahead with the complaint.

I am going to be so screwed when my time comes for the interview, sitting here in the US waiting for them tell me where to go, Trinidad or Guyana!
They will most likely (99%) make you come to Guyana for the interview and then have you wait for at least 2-3+ months before you get your visa in your hand, providing everything goes well.

In your situation, just to be on the safe side I would definitely try to keep up to date with those FBI clearances. I would resubmit another one a month or two before I leave the US just to be certain that if CIC asks for another one, it's already on its way.

Arggghhhhsssss at this process man.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Confused everytime i read your posts here, i get so sad or angry.
Why not write them an email with the words URGENT immediately?
Point out you need to make arrangements at your workplace (if you work) and you need to make travel and hotel arrangements. BTW point out what it says on the cic website and simply ask for confirmation of the details that you have seen there.

I worry about my own case, I am getting tired waiting and I dont think I can make it to DECEMBER. I hope I hear something soon!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
@Confused/Vinnigurl: I can sense your frustration & anger. Its not fair for anyone to be held in limbo like that. Especially when having to take time off from work in order to travel. . . ??? ??? There must be someone you can talk to because September is just around the corner. Just ensure that you have collected more evidence to take with you proving that your relationship is genuine & continuing.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird said:
Confused everytime i read your posts here, i get so sad or angry.
Why not write them an email with the words URGENT immediately?
Point out you need to make arrangements at your workplace (if you work) and you need to make travel and hotel arrangements. BTW point out what it says on the cic website and simply ask for confirmation of the details that you have seen there.

I worry about my own case, I am getting tired waiting and I dont think I can make it to DECEMBER. I hope I hear something soon!
HONEY, LOL .... girl, been there and done that. Nothing worked. Trust me love, I think I have reached to the point where I don't know what is happening next. The only small confirmation was through our MP in Canada but he was soooo not helpful. All he got was the time of the interview.

I have the belief that nothing for CIC is written in stone unless I get a darn letter from them. I have read instances where e-CAS makes false conclusions about things and this I what I am afraid that I may or may not have the interview on the day e-CAS specified.

The URGENT thing doesn't work. I guess it only works when you want to tell them that you no longer wish to sponsor your spouse or tip them off with some sort of information that could interfere with your application. I don't work but I have been called last week for an interview and I am sooooooo undecided what to do or expect for the near future. Do I go ahead with the interview and accept the position or do I turn it down and assume that CIC is nearing the end for me. I need money for my own spending or to help do things for myself. Argghhssss... these mixed feelings that are happening right now. It's sooo unsure which path to take now.

I honestly wish there was someone we could talk to to get answers as to why they have been doing all this crap to our application. Where does the Government of Canada fall in place with their words '' we are committed to reuniting families with their loved ones in Canada ASAP"

GT darling, I have gathered enough evidence for them to have doubts about our relationship. I think my list of evidence/s will exhaust them. I really would be interested to know after the interview how well I did and if they still doubt our relationship.

Oh man, if they deny my application CIC will not hear the end of us. They will ever so regret they have done what they did. I think they have pushed us too far that we are willing to fight them till the end. Arrrgghhhhsssss at this process for making me angry. We should all be happy, jolly and smiling but instead it's sooo the opposite.

My interview is in about 2 weeks or so and the frustration, anger, nervousness and everything is beginning to build up. I only hope and pray that this works out sooner for all of us.

GT

May 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
AOR Received.
10-10-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Well everyone i stayed away for a while because i was way too stress.My application only get forward to the visa office in port of spain today.I file since in May as you all know.They claim that they were doing verification to see if my ex that i have previously sponsor receive any social assistance.Since when does that take four months? I try calling my MP but they were of no use.evenually i have to do my own work of going into the social service office and demanding a letter stating that i am not on any assistance nor did my ex receive any money from them.immigration claim that they were waiting on social assistance to get back to them with the information requested.It was nerve racking.Nevertheless i got the letter from a supervisor at the office,She was so nice and understanding.I express post the letter along with the supervisor contact information and a very long letter expressing my fustration last week.When i call today i was told that my application was forward today.I still don't understand what happen why did my aplication take so long in the mississauga office.But what's done is done and i am just happy that it finally left Canada.My husband is super stress.Now the waiting has began.Talk about bad luck.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
GT said:
Well everyone i stayed away for a while because i was way too stress.My application only get forward to the visa office in port of spain today.I file since in May as you all know.They claim that they were doing verification to see if my ex that i have previously sponsor receive any social assistance.Since when does that take four months? I try calling my MP but they were of no use.evenually i have to do my own work of going into the social service office and demanding a letter stating that i am not on any assistance nor did my ex receive any money from them.immigration claim that they were waiting on social assistance to get back to them with the information requested.It was nerve racking.Nevertheless i got the letter from a supervisor at the office,She was so nice and understanding.I express post the letter along with the supervisor contact information and a very long letter expressing my fustration last week.When i call today i was told that my application was forward today.I still don't understand what happen why did my aplication take so long in the mississauga office.But what's done is done and i am just happy that it finally left Canada.My husband is super stress.Now the waiting has began.Talk about bad luck.
Oh you are telling me GT.

The good thing tho is it's out of Canada and will begin processing in POS very shortly. I hope that none of you guys have to put up with the BS I am putting up with from POS. Only cuss lef fih come out meh mout fih dem dis ppl ah de office. Lawwdddd only kno wah deh pun meh mine

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
@ GT
knowing that its being process should give you some peace of mind, but I do understand your frustration with losing that much time waiting for them to verify information. Its a good thing u took matters into your own hand. These gov't agencies are so damn lazy, they don't really have any incentive to work or be productive.

@Confused
So sorry for what you are going through, I can't believe the MP didn't help. My husband wrote him a letter asking for help too, he mailed it out yesterday, I guess we will see what happens. I will keep you guys posted.

Being away from our loved ones is so hard and stressful, going through this bullshit will send ya off the deep end.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
I guys sorry for not replying earlier, pos sent a fax letter to my lawyer, no letter yet, the lawyer say print out the fax that he scanned an email me and take it with me, this has time and location, it's in geo, good luck guys

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
All the best to you Stressed....good luck on the interview.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
All the best to everyone.
Still no change in the status up date on ECAS for me.
It just says that decision has been made (with regard to my husband's sponsorship) but nothing else although we got the letter saying he has been approved to sponsor me over a month ago.
I am just wondering if this is the same for everyone else who is going through Port of "Spain. Its just so weird to hear others (other countries) talking about how their ECAS has changed to show in process or medical received or whatever) and mines is just stuck at decision made. Makes me wonder if the file has disappeared.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Ok, so I finally got an email response from POS. This is what it says:

Dear XXXXX,

Your interview is scheduled for DATE at TIME at the High Commission of Canada, Georgetown, Guyana. The letter notifying you was sent to your mailing address which is that of your consultant. Please walk with a copy of this email and any additional evidence of relationship with your sponsor.

Immigration Section | Service de l'immigration
P.O. Box |C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road
St. Clair, Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

Soooo after all the BS, I am at relief but my lawyer's receptionist said they haven't received anything. You guys please check your mail boxes to see if my letter came to you instead. LOL

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
confusednscared said:
Ok, so I finally got an email response from POS. This is what it says:

Dear XXXXX,

Your interview is scheduled for DATE at TIME at the High Commission of Canada, Georgetown, Guyana. The letter notifying you was sent to your mailing address which is that of your consultant. Please walk with a copy of this email and any additional evidence of relationship with your sponsor.

Immigration Section | Service de l'immigration
P.O. Box |C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road
St. Clair, Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

Soooo after all the BS, I am at relief but my lawyer's receptionist said they haven't received anything. You guys please check your mail boxes to see if my letter came to you instead. LOL
I am so happy that you finally got confirmation from them, all the best with your interview.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...