Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Can-Vinc said:
Where is everyone? People should be starting to get some good news because it the fourth quarter and end of fiscal year, so I think they generally ramp some stuff up to meet annual targets. Sending good vibes to everyone!
Hello my dear, sending good vibes back to you and hubby. :-* Shouldn't we be expecting a happy landing story from our fave forum doctor?? Or did I miss it? Miss D. come out of your winter hibernation :D.

Blessings.

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
CdnandTrini said:
Hang in there my dear, you should be ok for the vacation. POS can generally take 2-8 weeks to return passports but most of the time it is between 3-6 weeks. It seems that using DHL as the courier works best for most people. Have a look at the spreadsheet to see how long it took for the other Guyanese applicants. If I recall correctly, it was someone from St. Lucia that had to wait the longest. Praying for you as well. Blessings.
Thanks for the info CdnandTrini, We all hope it happen soon…

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
CdnandTrini said:
Hang in there my dear, you should be ok for the vacation. POS can generally take 2-8 weeks to return passports but most of the time it is between 3-6 weeks. It seems that using DHL as the courier works best for most people. Have a look at the spreadsheet to see how long it took for the other Guyanese applicants. If I recall correctly, it was someone from St. Lucia that had to wait the longest. Praying for you as well. Blessings.
thank you :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bieraumane said:
Thanks for the info CdnandTrini, We all hope it happen soon...
You are most welcome bieraumane.......we all feel your pain :'(. I just sent you another PM 8). Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hello my dear, sending good vibes back to you and hubby. :-* Shouldn't we be expecting a happy landing story from our fave forum doctor?? Or did I miss it? Miss D. come out of your winter hibernation :D.

Blessings.
You didn't miss it! We're patiently waiting here too for the dr's landing story! ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
You didn't miss it! We're patiently waiting here too for the dr's landing story! ;)
Good to know, hope you are well my dear. I gave your forum name to another member from the JA thread and suggested she contact you FYI. Ofia, I think. She is not hearing anything back after DM and is getting stressed.

Thankfully the immigration stress is behind us, it's now just normal life stress :p. Blessings to you and hubby Can-Vinc.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
Hi All,

So I just discovered this trend, Was out of the loop this whole time. It's very exciting reading everyone's stories and Congrats to all those who have landed.

My hubby is in Guyana and received Passport Request yesterday. Does anyone know on average how long it takes for POS to send back the passport with his visa?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SarikaL said:
Hi All,

So I just discovered this trend, Was out of the loop this whole time. It's very exciting reading everyone's stories and Congrats to all those who have landed.

My hubby is in Guyana and received Passport Request yesterday. Does anyone know on average how long it takes for POS to send back the passport with his visa?
Hi Sarikal and congrats on the PPR :D....very exciting!!. Have a look at the spreadsheet link at POS spreadsheet http://goo.gl/QQw3i and you can see and compare timelines of those of us on the forum that have been processed by this office.

It is always a bit "hit and miss" though so there is no really accurate average. Another member here - Guyanese24 - is still waiting for her hubby's passport to be returned and I believe POS requested his on Dec. 16th and received it on Dec. 18th. Scroll back through some of the posts and you can read her info. Last year POS was returning them on a fairly consistent basis within 2-8 weeks.

But....POS has also taken over a backlog of files from the Kingston JA office so it is hard to say if this will slow things down or not. The good news is that you are almost done :) so you can breathe a sigh of relief over that.

Last but not least, you need to get them the PP (and any other docs/photos they may have requested) quickly and ensure you use a reliable courier. Hope this helps a bit and best wishes and many blessings for your future together in Canada.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
SarikaL said:
Hi All,

Congrats on PPR , as CdnandTrini said they requested my hubby passport on dec 16th, he send it off with FedEx on the 17th they receive it on Dec 18th. we are still waiting. feel free to ask any questions we are all in the same boat :)

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
SarikaL said:
Hi All,

My is the same as Guyanese24, they received PP on the 18 th of december. It seem that they are backlog, I beleive that they are almost done with Kingston applicant, only a few left that I know incliding myself.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bieraumane said:
My is the same as Guyanese24, they received PP on the 18 th of december. It seem that they are backlog, I beleive that they are almost done with Kingston applicant, only a few left that I know incliding myself.
Thanks B & G for your input to our new member :). C'mon POS finish these files and start some new ones!!

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for all the input guys. I guess on average so far it takes about 5 weeks for sure.

He just sent out his passport today, let the waiting begins.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
guyanese24 said:
Congrats on PPR , as CdnandTrini said they requested my hubby passport on dec 16th, he send it off with FedEx on the 17th they receive it on Dec 18th. we are still waiting. feel free to ask any questions we are all in the same boat :)
Hope you hear back something soon, I'm sure its down to just a couple weeks of waiting left.

I'm going to visit my hubby in Guyana the ending of Feb. I really hope I will be bringing him back with me :)

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Sarikal and congrats on the PPR :D....very exciting!!. Have a look at the spreadsheet link at POS spreadsheet http://goo.gl/QQw3i and you can see and compare timelines of those of us on the forum that have been processed by this office.

It is always a bit "hit and miss" though so there is no really accurate average. Another member here - Guyanese24 - is still waiting for her hubby's passport to be returned and I believe POS requested his on Dec. 16th and received it on Dec. 18th. Scroll back through some of the posts and you can read her info. Last year POS was returning them on a fairly consistent basis within 2-8 weeks.

But....POS has also taken over a backlog of files from the Kingston JA office so it is hard to say if this will slow things down or not. The good news is that you are almost done :) so you can breathe a sigh of relief over that.

Last but not least, you need to get them the PP (and any other docs/photos they may have requested) quickly and ensure you use a reliable courier. Hope this helps a bit and best wishes and many blessings for your future together in Canada.
Thanks for the great help, like you said, I can breath a sigh of relief. :)