Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
It all depends on traffic but probably about 30-45 mins. Trinidad has some crazy traffic it made me 10 mins late

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
My husband stayed at Alicia's Guest House (http://www.aliciaspalace.com/alicias-house/) when he was there for his interview, which we found through this forum, previous members have stayed there as well. He said it was fine and the price is pretty reasonable. It is close to the high commission. Yea, the airport is quite a long drive from both, I guess it depends on your taxi.

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
ok Thanks everyone, my travel agent found a place thats about 20 minutes from the commission but they have air port pick up so we may go with that place, only 85 bucks too which isnt too bad.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Hello POS FAM Been a while. Just a lil hello from my wife and I. ;)
Blessings to the remainder of 2014
Remember trust and have faith in God.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
MissDanish - I'm glad you found a place and a good price! :) Best of luck preparing for your interview. I think the best advise is of course to know your application in and out but also if they start to hassle about anything, realize that they are likely just trying to throw you off, so don't' let them do that.

LouisFam - thanks for checking in on us! Hope you and Louisfamily are doing well.

Mr. Trinadian... are you THE Mr. Trinadian to our Ms Trinadian? or just a coincidence.

We have a small update, not much but for those of you needing to do an ARC, you may recall that on the ARC they request a copy of your departure/removal/deportation order and a copy of your Confirmation of Departure. We don't have these and were given a total runaround as to where to get them, with all roads leading back to the visa office (POS) so we submitted a CSE explaining our situation and that we don't have it. We weren't' getting a response so rather than wait for one we just decided to fill everything out and send what we had along with everything that we did have to support the information that would be available on those forms. We had a copy of our file notes that indicated date of removal order and date that departure was confirmed and so we sent that page from our notes in.

All to say is that we haven't heard anything from that but we did finally get a response to our CSE basically saying to send everything that we do have (which we did) and they should be able to get the rest of the information from their system. So yea, small minor update and there is no guarantee that this would apply to all applications but that is the response that we recieved.

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2014 sent to POS May 1, 2014
AOR Received.
Canadian AOR- April 29/2014 Trinidadian AOR- June 17/2014
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Can-Vinc said:
MissDanish - I'm glad you found a place and a good price! :) Best of luck preparing for your interview. I think the best advise is of course to know your application in and out but also if they start to hassle about anything, realize that they are likely just trying to throw you off, so don't' let them do that.

LouisFam - thanks for checking in on us! Hope you and Louisfamily are doing well.

Mr. Trinadian... are you THE Mr. Trinadian to our Ms Trinadian? or just a coincidence.

We have a small update, not much but for those of you needing to do an ARC, you may recall that on the ARC they request a copy of your departure/removal/deportation order and a copy of your Confirmation of Departure. We don't have these and were given a total runaround as to where to get them, with all roads leading back to the visa office (POS) so we submitted a CSE explaining our situation and that we don't have it. We weren't' getting a response so rather than wait for one we just decided to fill everything out and send what we had along with everything that we did have to support the information that would be available on those forms. We had a copy of our file notes that indicated date of removal order and date that departure was confirmed and so we sent that page from our notes in.

All to say is that we haven't heard anything from that but we did finally get a response to our CSE basically saying to send everything that we do have (which we did) and they should be able to get the rest of the information from their system. So yea, small minor update and there is no guarantee that this would apply to all applications but that is the response that we recieved.
yes he is my Mister! LOL kept talking about you all to him he finally decided to check it out first hand. but is playing shy!

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Like everyone else said Trini morning and evening rush hour traffic is REAL and lots of repaving roads these days so leave with plenty of time and also be prepared to wait outside until welcomed indoors. My hubby said waiting for documents anyways you were forced out into the sun for hours until called up. No idea how interviews are though. (that was for visitor visa stuff)
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING! Hope your dad enjoys TRINI WHILE THERE!

mizzdanish said:
ok Thanks everyone, my travel agent found a place thats about 20 minutes from the commission but they have air port pick up so we may go with that place, only 85 bucks too which isnt too bad.

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY! your time frame seems normal and right behind mine! they lost my application in Mississauga. I had to harass them for a UCI and AOR.
WELCOME!!!!
My hubby just got emailed his UCI and AOR while I was there on Holidays for our one year wedding anniversary.
They say it takes about 90 days from when you recieve your AOR. AND also emailing or contacting the embassy in POS should only be done for absolute emergencies because it takes time away from your application processing because they have to review your file and pull it aside out of the 'pile'.
TRUST me when I say we are all in the same boat! Anxious and IMPATIENT but tying to remain calm. ;D
Stick with us! you may be here a while but not forever 8)

Pmarshall1 said:
Hey guys my first post on here !! I filed my app on April 8th well that's when it was recieved . I got an AOR ON JUNE 10th and said my File was forwarded to Port of Spain... I did an upfront medical and my status says application recieved ... What should I expect from Here on?? And to all the people that have done this already what is the time frame?? How much longer till I know if I need an interview or till it says in process ?? HELP I am so nervous

Pmarshall1

Jun 13, 2014
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-06-2014 Missisuaga 24-06-2014 POS
File Transfer...
12-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
In process July 9th
Passport Req..
July 15th
Hey guys !! @ Trinidadian does your status say in process yet on ecas?? Our time frames are almost the same I applied in April tho !! So my file got transferred in June !! Tryin to stay calm

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
No it does not say in process, just says received. I wrote a novel back a few pages in here in April about what we went through.
BUT yours is going through right on time. AND THEY DID NOT LOSE IT! lol like they did ours!

By August your hubby should receive an email with a UCI. Then you will have to start checking under that number with his info. Once your accepted as a sponsor and file is transferred to home country of applicant, you (the sponsor's) ECAS becomes useless.
Even though we received the POS AOR with his (the applicant's) UCI it is only to confirm receipt of application. (this is a good thing most people i know and in this forum didn't get one of those) SO thank god POS is actually sending them. They (the govt) say its about a 90 day wait from when application was transferred to receive a UCI in POS. If it goes longer than 90 days without one THEN harass them as your application might be lost in the wrong pile in there. Otherwise wait it out.

THEN once you get his UCI you wait till one magical day (in here it seems to be anywhere from 8 months to a year sometimes more) till it goes into ' IN PROCESS' status. and when its in process is when they will request additional things from you IF it is required. some lucky folks do not get requested anything but their passports.

I try not to check too often to see if its in process yet lol but i just cant help it! its hard to wait once the finish line seems so near yet so far.

so in the meanwhile tell us about yourself and enjoy the company of the lovely people all on the same 'joy' ride in this helpful friendly forum! ;D

Pmarshall1 said:
Hey guys !! @ Trinidadian does your status say in process yet on ecas?? Our time frames are almost the same I applied in April tho !! So my file got transferred in June !! Tryin to stay calm

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
JUST WANTED TO WISH AL MY FELLOW CANADIANS AND FUTURE CANADIANS A HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!
Hope you all have a great one! The first time I met my husband we went on our first official date in Port of Spain on Canada day!
:D ;D :-* 8)
Going to see fireworks and have a BBQ tonight whats everyone else doing?

carberwhy

May 14, 2014
How long do they normally keep the passport? They request mine and they got it since May. I still haven't heard anything as yet.

ItsMePrincess

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27. 2012
File Transfer...
October 2012
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 4TH 2013 :)
Passport Req..
May 14th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 20th 2014
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
carberwhy said:
How long do they normally keep the passport? They request mine and they got it since May. I still haven't heard anything as yet.
HEYY.

I was just about to ask the same question. Port of Spain is taking so long DAMN to send it back cause on the paper it say it takes 2-4 weeks.
This is very annoying.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi everyone, just a bit of an update, I got my passport back with the visa ;D Took about 25 days from the time I sent it. Thank you everyone for all your help and for those who are still waiting, hang in there your time will come

Will update hopefully soon with a landing story :)