Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Ronstar said:
We got married in Canada. I flew up and had a small ceremony in a church with only her family my family couldnt have gone up. We had planned to get married in Trinidad all along but did the small wedding to get the papers going. We have been doing long distance for more than 5 years now. But we have known each other since we were kids. We were page boy and flower girl in a wedding thats how we met when we were kids and then didnt really talk till 5 years ago but we did cross paths a few times in between that time. I was lucky to get a TRV a few times so I could visit. I am not a good story teller.

I didnt know I could have dropped it off at POS, I would have done that instead. God really blessed us cause we didnt know how long it was going to take cause I people who waited more than 2 years.

Thank you I will let you know how things work out.

Blessings
Ronstar you are a good story teller! :D It sounds like you and your wife had a destiny to meet together and eventually become each other's life mate! Page boy and flower girl.....awwwwww......very romantic.

I know you probably sent your PP by courier, POS does not let people know they can come in person as they like to avoid having too much "in person" disruption. I am sure you will get your PP back soon. The great thing is that you have been to Canada before so your adjusting will not be quite as challenging as someone who has never been here and be glad that you missed this winter, it was brutal :'(!!

God has blessed you with the TRVs and the quick processing, in my time on the forum (1 year +) we have seen a few refusals :mad: and some long processing times in the family class (i.e. parents, aunts etc.) but I have to say they have been pretty good with the spousal stuff this year after the strike was over. We'll look forward to your "landing" story. What province are you folks going to be living in? Take care and blessings.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hi everyone!!

Congrats to those who have gotten updates!!!!
CDN - the spreadsheet is beauiful!!

Thanks for the warm welcome (or re-welcome, I guess) lol and for the congrats on my MD!

Wedding is only a few weeks away and it is starting to come together :)

I am filling out tax forms (the ones you do so your employer knows how much tax to deduct from your check). One of the deduction are for a spouse and since I will be married before I start work, I need to know if I can claim him on my taxes because I am supporting my spouse (even though he is ourside of Canada). I have seen people say they DO this even while hubby is not yet in Canada. Could anyone elaborate on how this works?

Thanks!!

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
@CdnandTrini

Thanks. My wife is from Ontario, Scarborough to be exact so we must liking be living in the GTA. My status officially went to decision made so I believe they will mail must documents back soon.

loving wife

Star Member
Sep 29, 2012
montreal quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
P O S
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1- 5-2012
AOR Received.
23- 4- 2012
File Transfer...
3-15-2012( CSQ approved
Med's Done....
15 -11-2011
Interview........
12-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP 12-12-2012
LANDED..........
18-12-2012
Good day forum friends,just stopping by to say
congrats to everyone who got they visa.My hubby
is enjoying Canada we went home to Barbados
for 4 weeks for his birthday and mine.
welcome all the new ones.Takecare for now.

NatLey

Jul 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ MissD
Yes, you can claim him on your tax as soon as your status changed to married, even without him having a sin #.

I was told differently in the previous years, but I am doing an adjustment now for 2011 and 2012. Some money is sleeping at CRA....

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi guys, we got a bit of an update on Thursday. POS send an email requesting RPRF fees, passport, and 1 pic. :eek: ***Fingers cross***

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
Hi guys, we got a bit of an update on Thursday. POS send an email requesting RPRF fees, passport, and 1 pic. :eek: ***Fingers cross***
Congrats!!! That's a PPR! Did Ecas change to in process yet? If you have to pay the RPRF it takes a little bit to process this. Things are going in the right direction and PP will be returned in no time with a visa in it. The 1 picture if for your PR card. Congrats!!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Behopeful said:
Congrats!!! That's a PPR! Did Ecas change to in process yet? If you have to pay the RPRF it takes a little bit to process this. Things are going in the right direction and PP will be returned in no time with a visa in it. The 1 picture if for your PR card. Congrats!!
Thanks Behopeful....because my situation is sticky we are not doing the happy dance until that pp is returned with a visa. However we are both shock at the timeline.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
Thanks Behopeful....because my situation is sticky we are not doing the happy dance until that pp is returned with a visa. However we are both shock at the timeline.
I can understand your apprehension to celebrate. Soon enough though! POS seems to be processing files, in particular those from Guyana, very quickly these days. Since the end of the strike things have moved quickly for some.
Have you sent PP yet? Keep us posted.

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2014 sent to POS May 1, 2014
AOR Received.
Canadian AOR- April 29/2014 Trinidadian AOR- June 17/2014
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Kadi27 said:
Perfect that one drop girl ;) :p you don't have much time ;D
OH SHE PERFECTING IT ALRIGHT!!!! We going to our Band launch tonight/ army fete. TONIGHT WE ARE SOCA WARRIORS!

OMGGGGGGG so many updates you guys!!!!
Congrats on all! WEDDINGS! PPR's! ANY APPLICATION PROGRESS AT ALLLL!!!!!
SMILES AND TAKING A JUMP AND WINE FOR ALL OF YOU TONIGHT! :D ;D :p :-*
Time to blow off some steam because Mississauga can only tell me that my application was sent to POS may 1st and not to stress about my hubby recieving a AOR till 90 days after.... :-\ :-X So impatient. Especially after Mississauga played the ass already losing my app.
BUUUUUUT
GREAT NEWS GOING TO TnT for my ONE year WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TUESDAY! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! BAAAAGGGGOOOOOO here we come!

Also been living vicariously through Janadian and her hubby reaching.
You want a good story!
This chick (Janadian) doesn't say anything!
Just shows up at my house with a "celebratory shot" poured and filming me take it while her hubby waltz out my shrubbery! So she now has that on film of me and he meeting for the first time.
Me cursing like a sailor in disbelief and us taking shots and hugging with rum in hand. I feel like this is how all first impressions should go LOL!
Then we drove 3 hours to our next friend and did the same to them! :p :eek: ;D :D

Its been good times having some one near me come out the other side of this hell we affectionately call spousal sponsorship. 8)

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Ronstar said:
@ CdnandTrini

Thanks. My wife is from Ontario, Scarborough to be exact so we must liking be living in the GTA. My status officially went to decision made so I believe they will mail must documents back soon.
You are the cutest!!!!! BEST STORY EVER! you sound like a humble sweetie pie like my trini hubby!
Like no big deal you were only in a wedding as kids then had your own which im sure your family joked about way back then! that kind of romance and chance doesn't even happen in movies!!!! good luck with everything!

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
CdnandTrini said:
Ahhh.... a Trini man, like my hubby!! :D Amazing that it all worked out so well for you and your wife. So did you folks get married in Canada or somewhere else and now doing a 2nd wedding in Trinidad? Just let me know if I am being too curious :).........My husband and I had to get married in Trinidad - we were long distance for 6.5 years (not what either of us wanted :'() as he had never travelled outside the Caribbean before and could not get a TRV to visit me in Canada.

So thank God, he is here now and we were processed "relatively" fast for POS, 8 months. I am asking because we are thinking of doing a second wedding here (we're in Ontario, near Toronto) so my family and friends can attend.

You should get your PP returned soon if you are in Trinidad. My husband dropped his off in person and was called to go back and pick it up in person as well. Not all visa offices (VOs) allow that but they do in POS. Keep us posted on your adventures! Blessings.
I feel this is always the debate to have a second wedding or not. because many people here in Canada still view it as not real. They couldn't make it and simply haven't met my hubby. But to us its like do we really wanna plan another one of those!? still debating second Canadian nuptials. And yes mine has not been off island either. the adjustment will be a big one!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Behopeful said:
I can understand your apprehension to celebrate. Soon enough though! POS seems to be processing files, in particular those from Guyana, very quickly these days. Since the end of the strike things have moved quickly for some.
Have you sent PP yet? Keep us posted.
I'll send it this week.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
@MissRuby - congratulations!! I totally get where you're coming from with the apprehension but this is a really great sign.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hi blessedone and can-Vinc! Congrats on the process.

My husband received a single piece of paper that has his immigration file number on it and I think it says on the top 'confirmation of departure'. It was signed and dated the day he left Canada and was given to him when his PP and papers were returned at the airport by CBSA.
Canvinc I would suggest starting with CBSA because they confirm departure. I knew this was something we would absolutely need to confirm when he left especially because he had just a 1 year ban and the 1 year starts when he leaves and this was proof he left. Failed refugees are a little different in the way that they may have a 1 yr exclusion but still require an ARC after the exclusion is lifted.
Have your husbands double check everything they received when leaving the country. They may have it and might not even know. My husband only knew because I brought it to his attention and made sure he put it somewhere safe incase they requested it. I'm truly not sure how easy it is to get your hands on a copy of it. Keep us updated on how things go!
I will look at my husbands tonight and see if tere is anything more I can describe about it to you and that may help you locate it.
Hi Behopeful! Thank you for the awesome suggestion. He did a double check and we still don't have these documents, I have called CBSA and CIC a couple of times each and this is how it goes. CBSA wants to have nothing to do with it b/c they just do this service on behalf of CIC so they don't actually keep any of this information; CIC wants to have nothing to do with this b/c our file is already transferred to POS so they keep saying to contact the VO b/c they process the ARCs in the context of each application. I've sent a CSE to POS and surprise surprise, no response yet. So what we decided to do is to just submit the payment and everything that we have (including an excerpt from our notes which has our confirmation of departure date) for the ARC form with a detailed explanation of us not having the documents. So now, uneasily, we wait to hear from them. Medicals were also redone a week and half ago... did you know that they now require a CT Scan for the medicals?? On top of everything else they need, hubby had to do a CT Scan... the medicals in SVG are now costing about 3000 EC. I'm so fed up with this process.... honestly, I just don't get it.