Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
mizzdanish said:
Yeah I was thinking to maybe fly down and be there for when he has to go for his interview but 6 hours on a plane with a year old is hectic!! lol We just came back from Grenada so I really dont think I can take any more time off :(

Also how long does it usualy take for them to give us an interview date? The email says were in queue now.
mizzdanish, usually at POS (and most visa offices) they never interview the sponsor, only the applicant so do not stress too much. I have yet to see a case (based on the last year or so anyway) where a couple with a child in common is refused so just make sure your hubby is well prepared. You can find many interview questions here on the forum or just by searching through Google. I am not sure how long it will take to get the date but keep an eye on your ecas as some folks have seen the info. appear there before they get any other notification. Make sure hubby checks his e-mail, snail mail and answers any private callers on his cell phone. POS can contact in any of these ways. Keep us posted and stay encouraged. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ronstar said:
Ahhh. I dont know what to say. I just got an email from POS stating my application has reached its final stage. I have to send in my passport and photo and basic information. I am in shock overwhelmed and happy. I cant wait to see my baby. Anyone knows how long it will take for my passport to be returned from the time I send it? Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help. January 23rd 2014 received to now that super awesome I cant explain the joy.

Hope for speedy times for everyone else.
Congrats on your great news Ronstar - so happy for you! There are no words to explain the joy to those of us who get through - it is a fantastic feeling and something we pray that everyone here gets to experience. Blessings.

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats on your great news Ronstar - so happy for you! There are no words to explain the joy to those of us who get through - it is a fantastic feeling and something we pray that everyone here gets to experience. Blessings.
Thanks. Im just waiting for my passport to be returned.

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
Hi everyone!

I got an email on the 20th may asking for rcmp ,arc and updated forms. I started working on the digital rcmp thanks to can vinc with her info. So now I have to fill the arc form.

@can-vinc they also asked for the confirmation of deportation and departure order which I have no knowledge about.

@britt -i think you were talking about arc couple of months ago did they ask you for the confirmation of departure and deportation order. If they did how did you get it . Help!!! Lol

@cantrini - welcome back

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
blessedone1 said:
Hi everyone!

I got an email on the 20th may asking for rcmp ,arc and updated forms. I started working on the digital rcmp thanks to can vinc with her info. So now I have to fill the arc form.

@ can-vinc they also asked for the confirmation of deportation and departure order which I have no knowledge about.

@ britt -i think you were talking about arc couple of months ago did they ask you for the confirmation of departure and deportation order. If they did how did you get it . Help!!! Lol

@ cantrini - welcome back
Hi blessedone and can-Vinc! Congrats on the process.

My husband received a single piece of paper that has his immigration file number on it and I think it says on the top 'confirmation of departure'. It was signed and dated the day he left Canada and was given to him when his PP and papers were returned at the airport by CBSA.
Canvinc I would suggest starting with CBSA because they confirm departure. I knew this was something we would absolutely need to confirm when he left especially because he had just a 1 year ban and the 1 year starts when he leaves and this was proof he left. Failed refugees are a little different in the way that they may have a 1 yr exclusion but still require an ARC after the exclusion is lifted.
Have your husbands double check everything they received when leaving the country. They may have it and might not even know. My husband only knew because I brought it to his attention and made sure he put it somewhere safe incase they requested it. I'm truly not sure how easy it is to get your hands on a copy of it. Keep us updated on how things go!
I will look at my husbands tonight and see if tere is anything more I can describe about it to you and that may help you locate it.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey everyone need a little advice here on what to do. :-X

So as some of you already know POS requestd some additional documents for my husband right. Its been a month now since we sent them off and I have not heard back from them as yet. Also his medical is gonna expire the end of this month and I know some of you have gotten an extension or you just had to do it over again. I have always heard people saying do not email POS if you dont need to because that takes time away from your file as they have to review your file to answer your question.

Do you guys think i should email them or just wait??
Brit... Just wondering if you did paper prints for the RCMP checks or if you converted the prints to digital and sent them to POS?

LONELYGIRL

Nov 20, 2013
thank you kadi27 and Can-vinc.Our application was filed october 5th 2013.Meds and police record done august 2013. approved as a sponsor october 28.File received in pos november 29 2013.We have not heard back from Pos since.I have read on here from most people that we are supposed to be receiving another letter.Does that mean that our file is not yet in process??If so why is it taking so long.We have not gotten any emails from our lawyer from pos for the past 6 months.We sent out everything from pictures,western union receipts ,money transfers,proof of joint account,plane tickets,skype and phone records.I am a bit impatient and my husband more so than me.Why is it taking soo long??

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ronstar said:
Thanks. Im just waiting for my passport to be returned.
Ronstar your file was processed quickly so you are fortunate! What country are you from? Usually the PP return can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to return but most seem to get back within 4 weeks or less. Blessings,

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Brit... Just wondering if you did paper prints for the RCMP checks or if you converted the prints to digital and sent them to POS?
Hi Behopeful :D!! Nice to see you. How are things going with you, hubby and baby girl? Blessings my dear.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blessedone1 said:
Hi everyone!

@ cantrini - welcome back
;) thanks my dear. Have a great weekend.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LONELYGIRL said:
thank you kadi27 and Can-vinc.Our application was filed october 5th 2013.Meds and police record done august 2013. approved as a sponsor october 28.File received in pos november 29 2013.We have not heard back from Pos since.I have read on here from most people that we are supposed to be receiving another letter.Does that mean that our file is not yet in process??If so why is it taking so long.We have not gotten any emails from our lawyer from pos for the past 6 months.We sent out everything from pictures,western union receipts ,money transfers,proof of joint account,plane tickets,skype and phone records.I am a bit impatient and my husband more so than me.Why is it taking soo long??
Hi LONELYGIRL and welcome. Some people receive an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR from POS and some do not. The CIC service standard is that people are "supposed" to get them within 90 days of their application reaching the overseas visa offices (VOs). So what many people do after that time period has passed is send a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to confirm that their file has indeed been received at POS. I am surprised your lawyer has not done this and either they should or your husband can send them an e-mail directly. In my case I sent a CSE close to 4 months after we filed, I rec'd a reply to my e-mail within 48 hours and then about 1.5 months later we received an "official" AOR via e-mail. It seems that POS only sends an AOR when they are ready to start actively processing the file as most people go to "in process" on ecas fairly quickly after they receive an AOR for stage 2. The stage 1 AOR is sponsor approval which you already have.

In your case I know there were some prior complications so it is possible that may be causing a delay (or not) but that is just speculation on my part. Either way it is your file and even if you are using a lawyer it is always best to be pro-active and stay on top of things. If it was me I would make an enquiry and that also ensures a paper trail on your end. Blessings for a speedy process!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Can-Vinc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yea this should be a breath of fresh air for you and the hubs, it maybe another step but atleast you now know the interview was successful and am sure once everthing submitted the wait wont be too bad.
Congrats :-*

Hey TriniFam,

Have an awesome weekend! and Congrats to all who had good news from POS recently!

Also if you are in Brampton or Durham (as a matter of fact, anywhere in Canada) send me a PM if you are looking to increase your income ;)

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Ronstar your file was processed quickly so you are fortunate! What country are you from? Usually the PP return can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to return but most seem to get back within 4 weeks or less. Blessings,
Im from Trinidad. I am hoping it comes in the next two weeks. We have our trinidad wedding in July so now I can actually go back with my wife after that. It worked out really well that way. The wedding was planned months ago and the papers couldnt come at a better time. I believe we got through quickly because of the amount of proof we send in and the length of time we were long distance and knew each other. Thanks

Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ronstar said:
Im from Trinidad. I am hoping it comes in the next two weeks. We have our trinidad wedding in July so now I can actually go back with my wife after that. It worked out really well that way. The wedding was planned months ago and the papers couldnt come at a better time. I believe we got through quickly because of the amount of proof we send in and the length of time we were long distance and knew each other. Thanks

Blessings
Ahhh.... a Trini man, like my hubby!! :D Amazing that it all worked out so well for you and your wife. So did you folks get married in Canada or somewhere else and now doing a 2nd wedding in Trinidad? Just let me know if I am being too curious :).........My husband and I had to get married in Trinidad - we were long distance for 6.5 years (not what either of us wanted :'() as he had never travelled outside the Caribbean before and could not get a TRV to visit me in Canada.

So thank God, he is here now and we were processed "relatively" fast for POS, 8 months. I am asking because we are thinking of doing a second wedding here (we're in Ontario, near Toronto) so my family and friends can attend.

You should get your PP returned soon if you are in Trinidad. My husband dropped his off in person and was called to go back and pick it up in person as well. Not all visa offices (VOs) allow that but they do in POS. Keep us posted on your adventures! Blessings.

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Ahhh.... a Trini man, like my hubby!! :D Amazing that it all worked out so well for you and your wife. So did you folks get married in Canada or somewhere else and now doing a 2nd wedding in Trinidad? Just let me know if I am being too curious :).........My husband and I had to get married in Trinidad - we were long distance for 6.5 years (not what either of us wanted :'() as he had never travelled outside the Caribbean before and could not get a TRV to visit me in Canada.

So thank God, he is here now and we were processed "relatively" fast for POS, 8 months. I am asking because we are thinking of doing a second wedding here (we're in Ontario, near Toronto) so my family and friends can attend.

You should get your PP returned soon if you are in Trinidad. My husband dropped his off in person and was called to go back and pick it up in person as well. Not all visa offices (VOs) allow that but they do in POS. Keep us posted on your adventures! Blessings.
We got married in Canada. I flew up and had a small ceremony in a church with only her family my family couldnt have gone up. We had planned to get married in Trinidad all along but did the small wedding to get the papers going. We have been doing long distance for more than 5 years now. But we have known each other since we were kids. We were page boy and flower girl in a wedding thats how we met when we were kids and then didnt really talk till 5 years ago but we did cross paths a few times in between that time. I was lucky to get a TRV a few times so I could visit. I am not a good story teller.

I didnt know I could have dropped it off at POS, I would have done that instead. God really blessed us cause we didnt know how long it was going to take cause I people who waited more than 2 years.

Thank you I will let you know how things work out.

Blessings