Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
All the best Brit and Needhimback,

POS has been doing a good job in my opinion on processing times so I feel confident that you ladies wont have a long wait! :-*

needhimback said:
Hello Brit_Edwards

At some point I am assuming my husband will also be asked to do the police/RCMP (because he lived here before) so my questions is: how does this work if he's living in Guyana now, does he submit this information through the mail how does this work, CONFUSED!!!!! ( I understand they only give 60 days)

I am trying to find out everything in order to prepare myself for this long jounery down immirgration road.

thanks all!
Brit_Edwards said:
Lol u forgot abt a few of us ey but Congrats on hubbys arrival!! Hope he loves it so far besides from all of his complaints which are all true haha.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi everyone for being such a tardy responder... work is crazy (seems like a recurring theme) and I haven't had a chance to post.

For Brit, they didn't actually send us the form, they said they sent us the form but since we had submitted an inquiry 2 months after our interview, they guessed that we didn't get the request so in the response to the inquiry, they said to send the fingerprints but didn't provide a form OR say what they were for... based on the research that I've done here, we are assuming they were for RCMP clearance since hubby did live here for a while.

BlessedOne and all asking about the digital fingerprints... it is a fairly straightforward process but is a bit more expensive... provide POS with whatever they ask for (RCMP fingerprint form, for example) but the digital background check would be supplemental to what they have requested.

Basically, there are authorized agencies here in Canada (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/rtid-itr/vulner-eng.htm) that are authorized by the RCMP to digitize paper fingerprints from outside of Canada and submit them electronically to the RCMP. The process to do this is more or less as follows (keep in mind each agency will be slightly different):
- the agency will provide you with a fingerprint form for you to courier down to your spouse, along with a list of the required information that will need to accompany the fingerprint form.
- From there, your spouse will obtain their fingerprints from the authorities in their home country on the form the agency provided, along with all of the required information. There should also be a consent form for the RCMP to be able to release the background checks to you upon completion.
- Your spouse will then courier the required forms back to you in Canada and you will take them to the agency office to have them digitized and submitted electronically to the RCMP for clearance.
- If your spouse has never been fingerprinted, then you should receive the results within a week; if they have been fingerprinted but have no criminal record, this could take closer to 6 weeks, and if they have been fingerprinted with a record, then it will take longer, perhaps 2-3 months (keep in mind this is just their targets, and could be faster). No matter what, even in the worse case scenario, the digital process is faster... the paper way can take 12 weeks or so I've heard... but I can't confirm that.
- the RCMP results will be mailed to you if the consent form was completed.
- then you would courier the unopened results down to POS with a cover letter with all of your file information stating that this is a completed RCMP background check for your spouse.

I think I covered everything but if you have any questions, just let me know and I will do my best to be much faster in responding.

As for an update on us, no update :s... they rec'd our completed RCMP check for my hubby (I also included a copy of the RPRF, which I paid about a month and half ago... they didn't request this but we hadn't paid it up front, so I wanted to get this out of the way in hopes they would soon be asking for it) two weeks ago and I submitted an inquiry last week to find out what the next steps are... really looking forward to winding this up... we have been apart for way too long and are way too strapped for cash for another visit at the moment. So really praying we are on the tail end of things.

ItsMePrincess

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27. 2012
File Transfer...
October 2012
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 4TH 2013 :)
Passport Req..
May 14th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 20th 2014
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
F I N A L L Y its about time!!!

We finally got an email asking for my husband to send in his passport.. :D :p
I'm on cloud 9.

just a few more weeks and he will be home with me ;D ;D

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
congrats to Princess and her Prince :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy this is finally over for you guys, you've waited a VERY long time for this :D

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Kadi27 said:
Perfect that one drop girl ;) :p you don't have much time ;D
WORKING ON IT! QQ in Edmonton this weekend!!!

PRINCESS CONGRATULATIONS. How dem mek you wait so long from the interview. kmt. He will be home to reign over his kingdom and pamper his princess soon. (see what I did there... I'm bored. Ignore me.)

August23

Jan 15, 2014
Hello everyone after nine years after I sponsor my Mom she finally got her PR today withh be here within a few months

Star apple

Nov 8, 2010
Hi Guys

Wanted to update you on my situation now. We won the appeal in Sep-13 and Hubby was asked to send in his passport and other documents to visa office and he sent it in Dec-13. Hubby got back his passport and everything else from port of Spain on 12-May-14. HUBBY IS FINALLY COMING HOME. GOD IS SO GOOD :D

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Star apple said:
Hi Guys

Wanted to update you on my situation now. We won the appeal in Sep-13 and Hubby was asked to send in his passport and other documents to visa office and he sent it in Dec-13. Hubby got back his passport and everything else from port of Spain on 12-May-14. HUBBY IS FINALLY COMING HOME. GOD IS SO GOOD :D
Congratulations on your Victory!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Congrats to Star Apple and August!!!!

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
Thank you can-vinc for answering my rcmp question ;D
im going to start working on it today

Congratulations to August and star

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
ItsMePrincess said:

I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!!!!! :D

Star apple said:
Hi Guys

Well deserve; when you fight for your love :-*

August23 said:
Hello everyone after nine years after I sponsor my Mom she finally got her PR today withh be here within a few months
All the best; thats great!! :)

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
hahahaha...yes I saw Vegas tweet it; they should also be coming to Toronto; think they are on a tour!

JANAIDIAN MRS said:
WORKING ON IT! QQ in Edmonton this weekend!!!

PRINCESS CONGRATULATIONS. How dem mek you wait so long from the interview. kmt. He will be home to reign over his kingdom and pamper his princess soon. (see what I did there... I'm bored. Ignore me.)

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
ItsMePrincess said:

I'm on cloud 9.

Congratss!!!!!!! You must be doing backflips right now lol, so happy for you

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone for being such a tardy responder... work is crazy (seems like a recurring theme) and I haven't had a chance to post.

For Brit, they didn't actually send us the form, they said they sent us the form but since we had submitted an inquiry 2 months after our interview, they guessed that we didn't get the request so in the response to the inquiry, they said to send the fingerprints but didn't provide a form OR say what they were for... based on the research that I've done here, we are assuming they were for RCMP clearance since hubby did live here for a while.

BlessedOne and all asking about the digital fingerprints... it is a fairly straightforward process but is a bit more expensive... provide POS with whatever they ask for (RCMP fingerprint form, for example) but the digital background check would be supplemental to what they have requested.

Basically, there are authorized agencies here in Canada (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/rtid-itr/vulner-eng.htm) that are authorized by the RCMP to digitize paper fingerprints from outside of Canada and submit them electronically to the RCMP. The process to do this is more or less as follows (keep in mind each agency will be slightly different):
- the agency will provide you with a fingerprint form for you to courier down to your spouse, along with a list of the required information that will need to accompany the fingerprint form.
- From there, your spouse will obtain their fingerprints from the authorities in their home country on the form the agency provided, along with all of the required information. There should also be a consent form for the RCMP to be able to release the background checks to you upon completion.
- Your spouse will then courier the required forms back to you in Canada and you will take them to the agency office to have them digitized and submitted electronically to the RCMP for clearance.
- If your spouse has never been fingerprinted, then you should receive the results within a week; if they have been fingerprinted but have no criminal record, this could take closer to 6 weeks, and if they have been fingerprinted with a record, then it will take longer, perhaps 2-3 months (keep in mind this is just their targets, and could be faster). No matter what, even in the worse case scenario, the digital process is faster... the paper way can take 12 weeks or so I've heard... but I can't confirm that.
- the RCMP results will be mailed to you if the consent form was completed.
- then you would courier the unopened results down to POS with a cover letter with all of your file information stating that this is a completed RCMP background check for your spouse.

I think I covered everything but if you have any questions, just let me know and I will do my best to be much faster in responding.

As for an update on us, no update :s... they rec'd our completed RCMP check for my hubby (I also included a copy of the RPRF, which I paid about a month and half ago... they didn't request this but we hadn't paid it up front, so I wanted to get this out of the way in hopes they would soon be asking for it) two weeks ago and I submitted an inquiry last week to find out what the next steps are... really looking forward to winding this up... we have been apart for way too long and are way too strapped for cash for another visit at the moment. So really praying we are on the tail end of things.
Hey girl, so yeah the RCMP is their own little police clearance once they were in canada just like how they had to do in their own country. Surprisingly it wasnt expensive at all.