Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
Hi guys im preparing for my interview and I would like to get some advice.

I need help in finding a hotel/guesthouse close to the embassy. Does anyone know any good place to stay?
Does anyone know how long an interview last?
My interview is at 10am and the flight back home is at 1:45. So I was wondering if I should book the flight the day after

thanks in advance

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
blessedone1 said:

I need help in finding a hotel/guesthouse close to the embassy. Does anyone know any good place to stay?
My interview is at 10am and the flight back home is at 1:45. So I was wondering if I should book the flight the day after

thanks in advance
I would say it's best to be safe than sorry - I would book the flight back for the next day - at least you won't have the added stress of possibly being late for your flight :)

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi everyone!

Update: we received our stage two AOR yesterday and it said the file was transferred to POS vo for further processing.

I noticed that the first and second email have the same UCI and file number. From what someone shared earlier, the second email should have a different UCI # which would belong to me ( the applicant) to check the status. But that's not the case. Can someone please share his/ her knowledge on this? Thanks!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
Hi everyone!

Update: we received our stage two AOR yesterday and it said the file was transferred to POS vo for further processing.

I noticed that the first and second email have the same UCI and file number. From what someone shared earlier, the second email should have a different UCI # which would belong to me ( the applicant) to check the status. But that's not the case. Can someone please share his/ her knowledge on this? Thanks!
I would tend to say this is your AOR and approval letter for stage 1, especially if they indicated the file will now be sent to POS office for processing IE. The file hasn't yet reached POS and you recieve AOR for stage 2 to confirm it was received. Have you tried logging into ECAS again? Generally if you get an AOR for stage 2, it comes 2-4 months after stage 1 approval and transfer of the file from Mississauga to POS.

This doesn't sound like an AOR for stage 2 because AOR for stage 2 often comes from the POS office and will have the applicants unique client ID number. I would say it is too early (given your timeline in sending the application) to receive AOR from POS because the file hasn't reached the office yet. My thought anyways...

CONGRATS though... it sounds like your sponsor has been approved. One step behind you and a step closer to the end! Congrats and now it is off to POS! I guess you now know your file will be processed in POS and not the LA office.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
blessedone1 said:

thanks in advance
Cdnandtrini will likely be able to give you some suggestions for a Guesthouse close to the embassy. She had suggested one for Millslu when he had his interview. If she isn't around soon to let you know you could go back through some of the messages or send her a PM.

I, too, would likely play it safe and travel the next day after the interview. Never know if the interview will be delayed.

Good luck on the interview! Have you ordered notes? Any obvious red flags? Did they request you to being anything else?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby here are the 2 emails we received from CIC Mississauga. The one attached here is Stage 1 AOR. This letter arrived Jan.7 about 3 weeks after sending application to Mississauga. The UCI number is specific to me as the sponsor in this email.

UCI: *********
Application No.: F*********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Ms. Be hopeful

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/12/13 on behalf of the following member(s):

Mr. Be hopeful

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC's website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “ @ cic.gc.ca” or “ @ international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby the second message I received was Jan. 11 (4 days after AOR) and it indicates sponsor approval (also stage1). I am assuming the letters you have received in the last 2 days are similar to this. Here is the second e-mail. The first part is the content of the e-mail and the approval letter was an attachment.

Ms. BeHopeful,

Please find attached a letter related to your application to sponsor under the family class. Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.

Do not reply to this email. You will not receive a response.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

NOTICE CONCERNING CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail is sent from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. As this message contains confidential information, if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the E-mail and notify the sender.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Behopeful,

Veuillez trouver ci-joint la lettre reliée à votre demande de parrainage sous la catégorie du regroupement familial. Veuillez sauvegarder ce message car il ne vous sera pas retransmis. Il est important de bien lire la pièce jointe.

Ne pas répondre à ce courriel car aucune réponse vous sera acheminée.

La pièce jointe est un fichier PDF. Afin d'ouvrir et lire ce fichier vous avez besoin d'un programme capable d'ouvrir les fichiers PDF. Vous pouvez télécharger Adobe Reader gratuitement à l'adresse suivante : www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

AVERTISSEMENT CONCERNANT LA CONFIDENTIALITÉ

Ce courriel a été envoyé par Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada (CIC) . Il contient des renseignements confidentiels; s'il vous est parvenu par erreur, veuillez le supprimer et aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Ms.Ruby this is the attachment of the second e-mail I received from Mississauga. This is basically saying that I was approved as a sponsor (stage 1) and that the file will now be sent to POS. When the file reaches POS, you will then (OR SHOULD) receive a letter saying your file was recieved and if you wish to update your file this is how, etc, etc. This AOR will include your (as the applicant) UCI number and this will then be used to check ECAS during stage 2 processing. This is where you will see things like application received, medicals received, in- process and decision made. Don't be concerned that you haven't received your own UCI number. This will come when the file reaches POS because stage 2 processing specifically pertains to the applicant.

Hope this was helpful! Hope I didn't go overboard in explaining. I am a person that personally does better with visuals so thought attaching my letters might make it clearer for you to compare.

Date: January 11, 2013
UCI: ********
Application Number: F*********

Dear MsBeHopeful:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Mr.Behopeful and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:
Port of Spain
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 565
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
E-mail: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=port of spain
Fax number: (868) 628-2619

This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support. The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic
requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issuedto them.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application and you have chosen to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. A Permanent Resident Visa cannot be issued to your relative(s) until this payment is submitted.

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.
To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After You Apply webpage at the www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.
You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status”.
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,
Officer MAX
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Behopeful said:
Ms.Ruby this is the attachment of the second e-mail I received from Mississauga. This is basically saying that I was approved as a sponsor (stage 1) and that the file will now be sent to POS. When the file reaches POS, you will then (OR SHOULD) receive a letter saying your file was recieved and if you wish to update your file this is how, etc, etc. This AOR will include your (as the applicant) UCI number and this will then be used to check ECAS during stage 2 processing. This is where you will see things like application received, medicals received, in- process and decision made. Don't be concerned that you haven't received your own UCI number. This will come when the file reaches POS because stage 2 processing specifically pertains to the applicant.

Hope this was helpful! Hope I didn't go overboard in explaining. I am a person that personally does better with visuals so thought attaching my letters might make it clearer for you to compare.

Date: January 11, 2013
UCI: ********
Application Number: F*********

Dear MsBeHopeful:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Mr.Behopeful and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:
Port of Spain
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 565
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
E-mail: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=port of spain
Fax number: (868) 628-2619

This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support. The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic
requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issuedto them.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application and you have chosen to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. A Permanent Resident Visa cannot be issued to your relative(s) until this payment is submitted.

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.

To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After You Apply webpage at the www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.
You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status”.
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,
Officer MAX
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Hi Behopefu, thank you soo much for the clarification! I need to change my profile. I got the exact two letters as you. Mine came in the form of emails. The first one was an automated message and the second was a PDF attached in an email. So both are AOR stage one. I was thinking its stage two because it said "Accordingly, the application for perement residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing." I didn't know POS usually send their own AOR.

P.s yes, pos will be my vo. It's confirmed : )

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
Hi Behopefu, thank you soo much for the clarification! I need to change my profile. I got the exact two letters as you. Mine came in the form of emails. The first one was an automated message and the second was a PDF attached in an email. So both are AOR stage one. I was thinking its stage two because it said "Accordingly, the application for perement residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing." I didn't know POS usually send their own AOR.

P.s yes, pos will be my vo. It's confirmed : )
Well the first one is AOR and second email is approval of stage one which means your hubby is eligible to sponsor you. The file will go to POS now. Stage 1 only assesses the eligibility of the sponsor and stage 2 assesses only the applicant.

Keep in mind POS rarely, and I mean RARELY, sends AOR. If 3 months or so from today passes and you haven't heard anything, I would suggest to send a case specific email and request your UCI in particular.

Congrats again!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hi guys! Where did everyone go??

Hubby was able to log into E-CAS last night :) It just said application received 03/03/2014. My medical wasn't updated bc its pending from the doctor.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Cdnandtrini, i was trying to update the spread sheet with my info but failed lol. When you get a chance or anyone else with the "skill" : ) plese update my info. Its confirmed that im a POS member :p. Thanks!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Behopeful said:
Well the first one is AOR and second email is approval of stage one which means your hubby is eligible to sponsor you. The file will go to POS now. Stage 1 only assesses the eligibility of the sponsor and stage 2 assesses only the applicant.

Keep in mind POS rarely, and I mean RARELY, sends AOR. If 3 months or so from today passes and you haven't heard anything, I would suggest to send a case specific email and request your UCI in particular.

Congrats again!
Thanks Behopeful! Three months mark would be July for me. If i don't receive anything from POS i certainly will do that.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

blessedone1 said:

Does anyone know how long an interview last? My interview is at 10am and the flight back home is at 1:45. So I was wondering if I should book the flight the day after

thanks in advance
Hi blessedone1 sorry for the delayed response, been offline a bit more this week. I suggest a place called Alicia's Guest House (you can Google them) it is "cheap and cheerful" and only about a 10 minute taxi ride to the High Commission. The airport is about 45-minutes to an hour away from the High Commission (depending on traffic and time of day) so you could possibly manage it all in one day but it may be cutting it a bit close and that can be stressful as well. It's a personal decision based on finances, schedules, temperaments etc.!! :D

From everything I have read (as my hubby did not have an interview) it seems that the interviews can last from about 40 minutes to an hour or longer. It seems to depend on the interviewer, the applicant and the complexity or simplicity of the file. I have not read yet on our POS thread that the visa officer is late so make sure you are on time or a bit early. If you look on the spreadsheet you will see who on our thread has been interviewed and you may want to PM them with any more specific questions.

If memory serves me correctly Can-Vinc's hubby was our only POS 2013 (and the most recent) interview. Prior to that the other member's interviewed were: Dadzin; Miss Dominica; Millslu; gigi_411 and ItsMePrincess. Again, you can look on the spreadsheet to see their interview dates and if you search their posts on the day of or a day or 2 after their interview dates you can see their interview feedback.

Hope this helps and you will be getting prayers and support (from all of us still here ;)) on your interview date. Blessings.