Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
samavril said:
OMG i am sooo embarrassed this landing story has been pending for weeks,hubby got in on march 07th, and am just getting around to posting on here, i am such a procrastinator,but here it goes.
CNDand trini i was waaaay to nervous to stay home on that day so i went to work finished at 3pm,came home his flight was scheduled to arrive in toronto at 7:40pm,i was there from 7:00pm, i pasted like there was no tomorrow,walked up and down,i was nervous,i kept checking my phone at the same time i didn't want to appear nervous was i was trying to play it off but that just made it worst,i stood at the arrival area at terminal 3 and patiently watched as everyone came out but my hubby, i decided to go seat down after about half an hour waiting,i waited up to an hour and nothing,i was so ansty i crossed my legs uncrossed it- you guys get the picture it was crazyy.
After waiting for a bit i walked down to immigration section intercom and i buzzed it ,(keep in mind on a good day when am relaxed i would not be caught dead bothering immigration officers),but i did,and am like ``hi am awaiting my husband and am yet to see him he is immigrating`` ,he took my info down his name and the country he came from and he told me in the most softest sweetest tone `` i am sorry it is really busy here and there is only one officer he is here and it will be a while``,upon hearing that i regained control and composure i thanked him and i went back down to wait on my hubby after 2 hours he came out,and omg i just could not move from my seating spot by i made it over to him and we hugged-and all those other good stuff,we came home and he is currently taking a shower lol ,we applied for his SIN its on its way,PR awaiting that as well, bank accounts are opened,credit card as well so that he is able to start establishing credit and job searching as well while am at work during the day, he hates the weather and says its complete sorcery that the suns out ever so hot by yet its so cold out lol.

But i am happy and thankful this is over with,we can finally begin our lives together,for those waiting its a matter of time ,trust in god he and he alone was able to bring us through this roller coaster,it is hard.

Again sooo sorry for the delay in this landing story guys :D ,NOW am going to catch up on past events on the forum.
Samavril, so nice to hear that hubby is finally home with you!! :D No problems about the delay, there is so much to be done and so many high emotions when the spouse/partner finally arrives......we understand ;). Lol about hubby's comment on the "sorcery" of the sun being hot but still cold outside!!! That's hilarious, never thought of it like that. Many blessings for the journey ahead and come back and check in occasionally. For the veterans and the newbies.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
@samavril and Melfer,

Congratulations on your wonderful landing story and pending landing story! I really love hearing these good news stories!

Big thanks to everyone else for your words of encouragement and guidance. POS's requested docs have been sent off today and we are doing the process for digital prints/background check here too. That is underway.

Brit - did you say that they asked for ARC and fingerprints/RCMP clearance at the same time? They only asked us for Fingerprints and updated police check from SVG but based on recent feedback, I believe we will have to do one... POS is nothing if not inconsistent.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
melferr said:
HI everyone just an update. So my husband got back his passport on the 17th.......with a VISA! God has been good to us for the quick processing time. So we're looking forward to finally starting a married life as husband and wife next month ( long overdue!). I must say if u try to keep urselves occupied (mentally) you'll be surprised how fast time could fly. I still fail to realize that March is about to finish- when did the month even start???? :) :)I've been soo busy with school and work. Everyone here has their own unique case and experience but one way to pull through is having faith and seeing everything in a positive light. The system can only get better with new technology and opening of new visa offices (at least its suppose to). I know this may sound cheesy...but true love always wins at the end (both u & ur partner's love & God's love), its bigger than anything immigration tries to throw at us. Hoping for an improved and speedy processing time for all those who are enduring this painful wait, Stay strong!!
Congratulations melferr!!! The Guyana couples are on a roll it seems, they have had the fastest processing times of all this year (and last) it seems!! So happy for you both and great advice on the keeping busy part and keeping the FAITH. Although I did allow myself a few pity parties along the way, I must confess they were needed too :p. Blessings for you and your husband.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
where did everybody goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....echoooo echooo echoo

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
where did everybody goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....echoooo echooo echoo
:D...lol.......I know too quiet right CV? How are you and hubby doing? Must be feeling better to know your file is moving ahead. Any news?

We have all been busy cheering all the great work that is finally happening for our persevering Kingston JA friends this month. :D Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
I know!! They are getting a lot of very exciting action! I really hope it keeps up for them. No news for us really but yes feeling good that we feel like we are moving forward at least. We've submitted and they've received what they requested from us (updated SVG police check and fingerprints) but we included a cover letter saying that we're doing the digital prints/background check here which I will be submitting this weekend and hopefully they're right and this goes quickly and I'll be couriering that as well. We haven't paid the RPRF yet so i'm hoping to do that and then include a copy of that with the package I send down with the RCMP check completed here. This is one EXPENSIVE game they play with us... but we'll play and pay it every time if it means our loved ones coming home.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey guys just some advice I need from every one who DID the ARC as well. Were you all successful? N the fact they waived our interview since ECAS changed to in process and they sent his RCMP fingerprints form should I look at that as still a positive outcome?

****Please do not tell me anything depressing I just need facts based on experience. Thanks :-[
between POS and the Kingston VO I have never seen an ARC denied yet. I would say yes that they won't ask you for an interview if they have moved onto the RCMP fingerprints so yes this is positive. Eligibility is first stage to be completed and that is where they would interview you, they wouldn't move onto your criminality if eligibility was not passed.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi guys, hope everyone is well.

We just received an email from our lawyer and its confirmation that our application was received. Its an automated message from CIC and it contained a UCI number and Application number. we tried to login to check "status" (not like we were hoping to see decision made or anything :p) but just out of curiosity. Unfortunately we were unable to login (after x amount of attempts) using both numbers. here is the order we were prompt with on the link from the email we recieved to check the status: On the page we selected "Sponsorship" - "spousal outland" - " UCI / Application number" - "Surname" - "Date of birth" - " Place of birth"

Questions:

Is this email the AOR or receipt of application?

When logging in to check application status, whose information are used? Sponsor or Principal applicant?

On the page we selected "Sponsorship" - "spousal outland" - " UCI / Application number" - "Surname" - "Date of birth" - " Place of birth"

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
Hi guys, hope everyone is well.

We just received an email from our lawyer and its confirmation that our application was received. Its an automated message from CIC and it contained a UCI number and Application number. we tried to login to check "status" (not like we were hoping to see decision made or anything :p) but just out of curiosity. Unfortunately we were unable to login (after x amount of attempts) using both numbers. here is the order we were prompt with on the link from the email we recieved to check the status: On the page we selected "Sponsorship" - "spousal outland" - " UCI / Application number" - "Surname" - "Date of birth" - " Place of birth"

Questions:

Is this email the AOR or receipt of application?

When logging in to check application status, whose information are used? Sponsor or Principal applicant?

On the page we selected "Sponsorship" - "spousal outland" - " UCI / Application number" - "Surname" - "Date of birth" - " Place of birth"
Hi MsRuby!
My thought is this is an AOR for stage 1 processing. You will likely receive sponsorship approval in the next week. My timeline was AOR (similar to what you've received) on like January 7 and sponsorship approval on the 11th. Don't be concerned about not being able to log in. This also happened to me. I called CIC in a mad panic and they said it takes time for it all to register. I recall receiving approval before ever being able to log in.

Just in case you want to keep trying to log in you are using the sponsors information. Your application will have one generic file number and you will both have individual unique client ID numbers. What they sent is your husbands unique client ID number and his information is used to log in. You use his ID number to check the file during stage 1 and after approval it doesn't say much more.

After your file is transferred to POS you, as the applicant, will receive your own unique client ID number and you will log in with your information. What you will see here particularly pertains to stage 2 processing. If you don't get an AOR from POS after 3 months from stage 1 approval you should email to request your ID number and confirm it was received. Your unique client ID always stays the same and will be on your Pr card once you land.

Hope this was clear and helpful.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Behopeful said:
Hi MsRuby!
My thought is this is an AOR for stage 1 processing. You will likely receive sponsorship approval in the next week. My timeline was AOR (similar to what you've received) on like January 7 and sponsorship approval on the 11th. Don't be concerned about not being able to log in. This also happened to me. I called CIC in a mad panic and they said it takes time for it all to register. I recall receiving approval before ever being able to log in.

Just in case you want to keep trying to log in you are using the sponsors information. Your application will have one generic file number and you will both have individual unique client ID numbers. What they sent is your husbands unique client ID number and his information is used to log in. You use his ID number to check the file during stage 1 and after approval it doesn't say much more.

After your file is transferred to POS you, as the applicant, will receive your own unique client ID number and you will log in with your information. What you will see here particularly pertains to stage 2 processing. If you don't get an AOR from POS after 3 months from stage 1 approval you should email to request your ID number and confirm it was received. Your unique client ID always stays the same and will be on your Pr card once you land.

Hope this was clear and helpful.
Thank you Behopeful

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Question for the peeps - so in the request from POS to send the updated SVG police clearance and fingerprints, they gave us thirty days to submit this information. We have done so but also included a note saying that we were going through the channels to do an electronic RCMP clearance here in Canada. The only thing is, I'm not sure if THAT part will make it for the 30 day cutoff... but since this is something they didn't request, do you think we're ok. We are hoping to but it might be tight... Louisfam said his took longer than the 72 hours turnaround they (RCMP) indicate for digital prints.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Question for the peeps - so in the request from POS to send the updated SVG police clearance and fingerprints, they gave us thirty days to submit this information. We have done so but also included a note saying that we were going through the channels to do an electronic RCMP clearance here in Canada. The only thing is, I'm not sure if THAT part will make it for the 30 day cutoff... but since this is something they didn't request, do you think we're ok. We are hoping to but it might be tight... Louisfam said his took longer than the 72 hours turnaround they (RCMP) indicate for digital prints.
I wouldn't be concerned. You provided them with what they asked for and that is the main thing. When you sent the requested documents and letter indicating you will also be doing your own digital prints, did you include the receipt or anything to prove you have started the checks? Close to the 30 days you could just send an email stating you haven't yet received the results but will send when you get them. You could scan the receipt and send if you haven't.

This is just my opinion of what to do but I wouldn't worry about anything. You gave them what they asked for and that is what matters. Your file will continue to be processed.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Thanks behopeful! That was kind of our thinking too, but you know... thoughts creep up on you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
I know!! They are getting a lot of very exciting action! I really hope it keeps up for them. No news for us really but yes feeling good that we feel like we are moving forward at least. We've submitted and they've received what they requested from us (updated SVG police check and fingerprints) but we included a cover letter saying that we're doing the digital prints/background check here which I will be submitting this weekend and hopefully they're right and this goes quickly and I'll be couriering that as well. We haven't paid the RPRF yet so i'm hoping to do that and then include a copy of that with the package I send down with the RCMP check completed here. This is one EXPENSIVE game they play with us... but we'll play and pay it every time if it means our loved ones coming home.
C-V, yes as soon as you can, pay the RPRF. That can delay the processing of your file if you wait for them to request it. You want to ensure as you noted above that they have everything in hand including the receipt for payment of the RPRF if possible. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
+1 for Behopeful being Behelpful!! :p Blessings to you, baby girl and hubby my dear :-*.