Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

Can you believe they emailed us back already?! less than 24 hours!

Turns out they say they sent us a request (they didn't say what method but we have been religiously checking junk mail, snail mail, etc.) back on Jan 17 (the day after it went to In Process) asking for a renewed police check from SVG and fingerprints from SVG (stamped, etc.). But in light of my email, we must not have received the request and that we have 30 days from today to provide this (this is not a problem for us to do).

I don't want to get my hopes up but I don't think they'd ask for this stuff if they were going to refuse us -- am I totally offbase about feeling that way?

I'm super annoyed with myself that we let our fears get in the way of inquiring sooner but we are overall quite pleased at their quick response and happy and excited that we have movement again.
Amazing news! I'm not from the POS thread but i creep from time to time. Glad that things are moving!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi CW, I creep the JA thread occasionally too but don't really post!

Thanks for checking in! Hoping for speedy processing for you, too!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

Turns out they say they sent us a request (they didn't say what method but we have been religiously checking junk mail, snail mail, etc.) back on Jan 17 (the day after it went to In Process) asking for a renewed police check from SVG and fingerprints from SVG (stamped, etc.). But in light of my email, we must not have received the request and that we have 30 days from today to provide this (this is not a problem for us to do).

I don't want to get my hopes up but I don't think they'd ask for this stuff if they were going to refuse us -- am I totally offbase about feeling that way?

I'm super annoyed with myself that we let our fears get in the way of inquiring sooner but we are overall quite pleased at their quick response and happy and excited that we have movement again.
Amazing news Can-Vince! Only wish you had known abt redoing chks sooner but nevertheless, you are moving forward.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

Fantastic news Can-Vinc and I think I may have missed something in your previous posts (sorry.......). If you went to "in process" on Jan. 17th I am pretty sure that means you did pass the interview as far as I understand. If you did not pass the interview it generally goes to decision made without "in process" and no more requests for docs. So if I am wrong, hopefully someone will chime in but I think you may be in the clear. Zouk Princess I believe knows more about this step so try to PM her and see how she is doing with her baby!! Getting excited for you to hear good news!! :-* I also PMd you.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

Hey Can-Vinc!

This can only mean one thing! Hubby is coming home very soon! I'm very excited for you. This news has turned my terrible day into a great one! PPR to follow soon. I'm so glad you finally emailed them. I would say interview has been passed or else they wouldn't request further documents.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
CdnandTrini said:
Hello my dear Behopeful and thank you. Always nice to hear from you. Yes hubby totally missed Carnival this year too but we are already talking about maybe going back for next year. The funny thing is though he wants to "work" it not attend!! It was his big money-making season as a tour guide and he had many loyal clients that used to hire him every year for the season so who knows? It is all part of the first year adjustment of "firsts" right? He is so cute the other day he asked my mother when is our "dry season"? :p...OMG so adorable!! And yes, he is still "washing de wares" by hand unless I can run a cycle when he leaves the house! Blessings.
Hey girl!

Washing the wares by hand will never end. Some ways just never change. Has hubby started driving yet?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

I'm assuming that they are doing RCMP background checks since they've requested fingerprints? Is that your thought too?
It's hard to make the decision to email them because they hold your life in their hands. Try not to be angry with yourself... Everything happens for a reason. May never know the reason but it does!

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Hey everyone SOOOOOO these pos ppl have thrown a bullet at us which is the ARC. After arguing with them after CIC clearly states that anyone like my hubby gets a departure order they do not need one. Im so MAD!

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Plus they sent his fingerprint thing too RCMP or something like that. Ugh I cried today this ARC is haunting my soul

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
@ behopeful yea it is a relief that there is movement and I totally agree that things happen for a reason. I pray you're right that it is very soon. I do think that they will probably send for RCMP check although I thought they usually get us to do that ao maybe it is for something else? I think I did read somewhere where they are making an effort to get every immigrant's fingerprints or something as part of their file but I think it was a news article and I don't remember the full article. Also I'm half expecting to have to do an ARC bc even though we thought it was a 1yr removal order.... like Britt I have seen where they ask for it anyway...

Which brings me to Britt... it does really stink that they are asking for that but you just have to really try to see it as a positive sign that things are moving... It is tough... believe me I know but it is the only way to get through the days.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
@ behopeful yea it is a relief that there is ment and I totally agree that things happen for a reason. I pray you're right that it is very soon. I do think that they will probably send for RCMP check although I thought they usually get us to do that ao maybe it is for something else? I think I did read somewhere where they are making an effort to get every immigrant's fingerprints or something as part of their file but I think it was a news article and I don't remember the full article. Also I'm half expecting to have to do an ARC bc even though we thought it was a 1yr removal order.... like Britt I have seen where they ask for it anyway...

Which brings me to Britt... it does really stink that they are asking for that but you just have to really try to see it as a positive sign that things are moving... It is tough... believe me I know but it is the only way to get through the days.
Hi Can-Vinc and Brit

It sounds like you both will likely be going through the process of RCMP checks. I would suggest doing them digitally if you are able. It surely cuts down on processing times. Paper fingerprints can add significant time to your file processing. You could even send a set to POS and they could start the process of RCMP checks and do digital on your own and send the results to their attention when you receive. I discussed digital prints a while back so could check through the posts.

In terms of ARC did your husbands apply as refugee claimants once they arrived in Canada? I recall Chickie72 from the JA forum stating one time that ALL refugee claimants require an ARC to return to Canada. I recall her saying this is because there is a statement in the paperwork when they file that states if refugees aren't successful, an ARC will be required no matter how much time passes and even if they cooperate with the order to depart. Maybe Chickie will be around and can speak to this directly because I am doing it no justice.

Anyways stay positive as much as you can. Every day is one day closer to this all ending and obviously they have decided both of your relationships are genuine which is a huge step in the right direction. Sorry for the errors. I'm on my phone!

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Can-Vinc said:
@ behopeful yea it is a relief that there is movement and I totally agree that things happen for a reason. I pray you're right that it is very soon. I do think that they will probably send for RCMP check although I thought they usually get us to do that ao maybe it is for something else? I think I did read somewhere where they are making an effort to get every immigrant's fingerprints or something as part of their file but I think it was a news article and I don't remember the full article. Also I'm half expecting to have to do an ARC bc even though we thought it was a 1yr removal order.... like Britt I have seen where they ask for it anyway...

Hello, just a lil heads up.its definitely RCMP. I remember getting word from the MP that they sent a snail mail requesting finger prints after they had gotten my PP.
Here's what we did. Wife went to a fingerprinting Agency that's accredited by the RCMP. The service was $99 to get fingerprints digitized. Wife express forms she got from the agency(another $99 express to st.Lucia) I quickly got my fingerprints done on the forms(ink and roll) sent it back to my wife. The agency processed the prints to RCMP. Results we suppose to take 72hrs but mine took almost 6wks. I did all this before I got the snail mail from CIC. By the time I got the mail, I had less than 30days(out of 60days. Smh) to send them the requested info.we sent them the RCMP results sealed/never opened. I also sent back the snail mail with the set of fingerprints the requested. We thought after they got everything it would take awhile but within days we got DM. Boom! we kept checking tracking. For two days I kept checking the tracking number I used to send them my passport.(nothing showed) then for reason my mind told me..double check this dhl tracking.. Smh I was using the wrong number. I quickly checked the return tracking. My package was at dhl the day before. Lol

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LouisFam said:
Hello, just a lil heads up.its definitely RCMP. I remember getting word from the MP that they sent a snail mail requesting finger prints after they had gotten my PP.
Here's what we did. Wife went to a fingerprinting Agency that's accredited by the RCMP. The service was $99 to get fingerprints digitized. Wife express forms she got from the agency(another $99 express to st.Lucia) I quickly got my fingerprints done on the forms(ink and roll) sent it back to my wife. The agency processed the prints to RCMP. Results we suppose to take 72hrs but mine took almost 6wks. I did all this before I got the snail mail from CIC. By the time I got the mail, I had less than 30days(out of 60days. Smh) to send them the requested info.we sent them the RCMP results sealed/never opened. I also sent back the snail mail with the set of fingerprints the requested. We thought after they got everything it would take awhile but within days we got DM. Boom! we kept checking tracking. For two days I kept checking the tracking number I used to send them my passport.(nothing showed) then for reason my mind told me..double check this dhl tracking.. Smh I was using the wrong number. I quickly checked the return tracking. My package was at dhl the day before. Lol
Hey LouisFam!
Thanks for explaining all that for me. I knew I should explain it but couldn't remember exactly all the steps because we never actually did digital fingerprints, although it was something I looked into many times. Digital is the way to go and if you don't think you have enough time still send paper prints with an attached letter/ record saying you are going through the steps/ payment to have them done digitally. That way it won't be a complete shock when they receive the report and won't question anything.

Thanks LouisFam. How is everything with the family and kids? All settled into life in Canada? Nice to see you.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hi Can-Vinc and Brit

It sounds like you both will likely be going through the process of RCMP checks. I would suggest doing them digitally if you are able. It surely cuts down on processing times. Paper fingerprints can add significant time to your file processing. You could even send a set to POS and they could start the process of RCMP checks and do digital on your own and send the results to their attention when you receive. I discussed digital prints a while back so could check through the posts.

In terms of ARC did your husbands apply as refugee claimants once they arrived in Canada? I recall Chickie72 from the JA forum stating one time that ALL refugee claimants require an ARC to return to Canada. I recall her saying this is because there is a statement in the paperwork when they file that states if refugees aren't successful, an ARC will be required no matter how much time passes and even if they cooperate with the order to depart. Maybe Chickie will be around and can speak to this directly because I am doing it no justice.

Anyways stay positive as much as you can. Every day is one day closer to this all ending and obviously they have decided both of your relationships are genuine which is a huge step in the right direction. Sorry for the errors. I'm on my phone!
I can comment a bit on that, My hubby complied with everything and left when he was supposed to, we paid his flight home and yes I agree, in the manuals it says that you don't need one but you can fight until you are blue in the face......they will make you get one. Anyone that has applied for refugee in Canada automatically gets a life time ban from every returning to Canada after their denial and that is where the ARC comes into affect, it is the only thing that will allow them to come back. Grin and bear it, pay the fee....anything to get your hubby back home! The only time an ARC isn't needed is if they are under a one or two year ban and that time has expired. If the VO called them before the 1 or 2 years was up, they would need to do an ARC also. Hope that helps :) Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hey girl!

Washing the wares by hand will never end. Some ways just never change. Has hubby started driving yet?

:D Hello back my dear, yes some things will never change.......sorry to hear you had a terrible day the other day but we were all perked up with Can-Vinc's news and so many of our JA friends getting PPRs. Hubby has been driving since he got here, and more and more each week. I wanted him to start off a bit gently until he was oriented to driving on the "opposite" side. He has been using his international drivers permit, it is good for one year. We will change it over to an ON license soon enough but when you are pinching pennies (like we are now) we need to budget for every decision. I am not 100% sure if they will make him do a road test or written or both but for sure they will cost $$.

Thanks for weighing on the ARC stuff for brit, I have no clue on those matters. Hope you are staying warm!! :-* Blessings.