Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hi Can-Vinc... I will chime in with my answer since no one else is around.

Personally from my reading here, I don't think In-Process means all that much in terms of accepted versus denial especially since you had an interview. I recall reading some peoples stories where they went in process and were subsequently denied when the status changed to decision made. I think most people go in process and that means file is in hand and is being reviewed/ they are actively working on your application. If your status changes to DM without PPR that would most likely be a denial. Watch out for PPR via email. PPR usually comes within a week of status changing to in process and in this case won't change to DM until the PP is returned to the person. Did they keep his PP at the interview?

Keep us updated... We are all on the edge of our seats too... Trying to be as patient as possible! I know this must be a very challenging time for both of you. Praying for you and I still have a really good feeling that everything is going to work out in your favour.
Hi ladies, I have been offline a lot as I was pretty sick last week and just slowly catching up........Can-Vinc, Behopeful has given a great answer and I agree with her based on all I have read and seen. The only thing I would say is that a PPR may take 2 weeks (10 business days) so do not panic if you do not see it in less time. If you see decision made on ecas without a PPR, that is likely a refusal. Check my sidebar (and others) I think you can see on mine the days between in process and ppr. If not let me know and I will dig it up. I remember counting mine against FAD's and Behopeful's as we all got through one after the other. Praying for you and hubby my girl. Think positive!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
C&T how are you darling?
Hey O&O my girl, feeling better this week. I had a bad spell last week but improving now. How are you doing? I see Kingston are still sitting on their butts making all the nice JA wives crazy :p.

Hubs and I are doing well, it is a big adjustment but we are gaining ground every week in terms of him feeling more settled. He applied for his OHIP on his own last week, Service Ontario is just around the corner from us, so I made sure he had the documents, I filled out the app for him and sent him off. Even though OHIP does not kick in for 3 months you can still apply once you have something sent in hubby's name to the new home address. Speaking of which......post landing to do - check your hubby's mailing address online/ecas. Ours was not correct even though all info. at airport landing was and although I have corrected it twice online it still has an error. This is important for the mailing of the PR card so FYI to all reading this post.

Our marriage bond gets tighter every day and I am so, so thankful that we have been able to spend some down time together. Having said that, he's been here for 5 weeks now and getting very antsy to work. Just trying to show him the ropes of applying to jobs online and registering at agencies for some temp work........I find that concept has been very hard for him to adapt to. He doesn't understand why he cannot just go onto/into an employer's site and use his "charm"....... :D

Shout outs to all my POS & JA friends - love and blessings. Newbies and veterans, hang in there everyone, this too shall pass. Special encouragement for those of you who are suffering right now (we all go through it at some point) and O&O, Sweetie Q, and of course Miss chickie72!!! :-*

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
éloveutsavoir said:
:'(just say they refusal my file....i am so desappointed but not realy surprise..so i must reapply...my new year start bad......HAPPY NEW YEAR EVRYONE
So sorry to hear this éloveutsavoir but I know you will not let this get in the way of your love and being with your beautiful children and husband together. At least you know you have some experience here to guide you through when you submit a spousal sponsorship. Blessings for a brighter and happier 2014.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi C&T,

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad you're on the mend... I also caught the bad bug that was going around and was sick for a couple of weeks... still coughing here and there.

Thanks for your note about the In Process. I sure hope you guys are right... it has been a long week and will continue to be long weeks until they know. We are doing our best to stay positive and at least half of the time I can be... but then other times I get overwhelmed and panicky. Right now I'd say I'm about half and half and that is not half bad :)

O&O thanks for checking in and your kind words. I check the JA forum sometimes and it is just a totally different vibe... obviously so many more participants and much more variety in terms of conversation topics, not ALL immigration-related. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, just an observation :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Can-Vinc

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hey O&O my girl, feeling better this week. I had a bad spell last week but improving now. How are you doing? I see Kingston are still sitting on their butts making all the nice JA wives crazy :p.

Hubs and I are doing well, it is a big adjustment but we are gaining ground every week in terms of him feeling more settled. He applied for his OHIP on his own last week, Service Ontario is just around the corner from us, so I made sure he had the documents, I filled out the app for him and sent him off. Even though OHIP does not kick in for 3 months you can still apply once you have something sent in hubby's name to the new home address. Speaking of which......post landing to do - check your hubby's mailing address online/ecas. Ours was not correct even though all info. at airport landing was and although I have corrected it twice online it still has an error. This is important for the mailing of the PR card so FYI to all reading this post.

Our marriage bond gets tighter every day and I am so, so thankful that we have been able to spend some down time together. Having said that, he's been here for 5 weeks now and getting very antsy to work. Just trying to show him the ropes of applying to jobs online and registering at agencies for some temp work........I find that concept has been very hard for him to adapt to. He doesn't understand why he cannot just go onto/into an employer's site and use his "charm"....... :D

Shout outs to all my POS & JA friends - love and blessings. Newbies and veterans, hang in there everyone, this too shall pass. Special encouragement for those of you who are suffering right now (we all go through it at some point) and O&O, Sweetie Q, and of course Miss chickie72!!! :-*
I'm sorry to hear that you and can-Vic were hit with this bad bug. I'm glad your getting back to yourself C&T. Thanks for asking I'm doing great hanging in there still. Not much has happened in the KGN thread. Hubby is just ready to come home now he's fed up.

Thanks for the heads up with the address I will make sure everything is correct. Wonderful news that hubby has applied for his OHIP best to be on top of the game.

Aww that's so cute your an amazing wife hubby is so blessed to have you. I bet he's antsy to start working to help you out but I'm glad your taking time with him showing him the ins and outs.

I'm here with you POS and JA all apart of the family thanks for the shout out C&T. I'm happy to have a friend like yourself thank you.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Can-Vinc said:
Hi C&T,

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad you're on the mend... I also caught the bad bug that was going around and was sick for a couple of weeks... still coughing here and there.

Thanks for your note about the In Process. I sure hope you guys are right... it has been a long week and will continue to be long weeks until they know. We are doing our best to stay positive and at least half of the time I can be... but then other times I get overwhelmed and panicky. Right now I'd say I'm about half and half and that is not half bad :)

O&O thanks for checking in and your kind words. I check the JA forum sometimes and it is just a totally different vibe... obviously so many more participants and much more variety in terms of conversation topics, not ALL immigration-related. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, just an observation :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Can-Vinc
Can-Vic your most welcome I try my best to check in with everyone on this thread your like my second family. Thanks for checking in with the KGN thread we appreciate your warm wishes. Everything will sort out with your case keep praying. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care darling

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
I'm sorry to hear that you and can-Vic were hit with this bad bug. I'm glad your getting back to yourself C&T. Thanks for asking I'm doing great hanging in there still. Not much has happened in the KGN thread. Hubby is just ready to come home now he's fed up.

Thanks for the heads up with the address I will make sure everything is correct. Wonderful news that hubby has applied for his OHIP best to be on top of the game.

Aww that's so cute your an amazing wife hubby is so blessed to have you. I bet he's antsy to start working to help you out but I'm glad your taking time with him showing him the ins and outs.

I'm here with you POS and JA all apart of the family thanks for the shout out C&T. I'm happy to have a friend like yourself thank you.
Thanks my dear :-*

trini1813

Jan 23, 2014
Hi
I am new to this my case is not the usual family sponsorship my grandmother is sponsoring me as she lives alone Canada she is allowed to sponsor one relative so far she been approved as a sponsor,got my CSQ and my file was transferred to pos i have not heard from pos. How long before pos send my AOR.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CdnandTrini said:

Love and blessings to you my friend....thanks for the shout out! Glad to hear hubby is adjusting well, praying for job prospects to come his way now!

gigi_411

Jun 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
It has been a very long time since I have been on here. Most of you got through already, so the new comers wont know me. I sponsored my husband from St. Vincent Dec 2012 and we got rejected August 2013. i am now in the appeal process and i want to reach out to anyone here who has a decent lawyer.
if you recall mine has been screwing around with me and continues to do so. Please anyone who has a reasonably priced representative in Toronto that they know who is honest and reliable please send me a message. I beg for help, i need my husband home, its been far too long. And i just dont know what to do anymore
Thank you all.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gigi_411 said:
It has been a very long time since I have been on here. Most of you got through already, so the new comers wont know me. I sponsored my husband from St. Vincent Dec 2012 and we got rejected August 2013. i am now in the appeal process and i want to reach out to anyone here who has a decent lawyer.
if you recall mine has been screwing around with me and continues to do so. Please anyone who has a reasonably priced representative in Toronto that they know who is honest and reliable please send me a message. I beg for help, i need my husband home, its been far too long. And i just dont know what to do anymore
Thank you all.
Hello gigi, I remember you and I will send you a PM tmw. with a good lawyer and a bit more info. Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Trini1813,

POS is so spotty with their sending of AORs... some folks don't get them (even though they end up approved), some people get them days before their approval and some get them 4 or 5 months after the files have been transferred. I think their spec is 60 days after transfer... so if it has been 90 days, i don't think it hurts to ask about it?

Some of the other experts here will jump in if I'm wrong.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi everyone, how's the going? most of us on here are freezing our a$$ off, especially our Canadians! :( :( :(

Im having a feeling that 2014 will be a lonely year on this forum bc less applicants or a good thing which can help decrease processing time 8) or or or maybe the new members haven't discover paradise as yet :p :p

No update on my end as yet...

gigi_411

Jun 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
Thank You to all who have recommended me a lawyer!!