+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Artsgie

Nov 7, 2013
fromadistance said:
Faith can move mountains! Speak it...claim it and it shall be done!

Are u travelling westjet?

Certainly Westjet because it is the cheapest available airline to Toronto..

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Artsgie said:
Certainly Westjet because it is the cheapest available airline to Toronto..
Nice ✌st.Lucia we love.. Those westjet prices are so nice.. $187.. Thursday will be 3wks since they got my pp.. Hope the airfares don't go up when I'm ready..

Artsgie

Nov 7, 2013
LouisFam said:
Nice ✌st.Lucia we love.. Those westjet prices are so nice.. $187.. Thursday will be 3wks since they got my pp.. Hope the airfares don't go up when I'm ready..
Keep the faith ...Yours will be here by the end of the week and mine soon follow next week...
You just have to believe and it will come to pass
I bought my ticket for month end by faith and i know my God never fails me....

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Artsgie said:
Good evening everyone..
I am quite new to this forum and i must say it took me a few days to figure out how to post something here.. ;D
Very informative post which has given me much encouragement..
This forum has answered most or all of my questions/ concerns..
Hats off to the administrator and the wonderful people on this forum..
Hello Artsgie and welcome to the forum! :D I am updating the spreadsheet and will add your information to it. If you click on the link at the bottom of my ticker you will be able to go in and see timelines of those of us on the POS thread (the ones on the forum at least) back for about 5 years.

Happy to see you are near the end of the process and please come back and share your landing story with us too! Yes this forum (especially the POS & JA folks) has been a Godsend for many of us as we go through the highs and lows of the immigration journey. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Good morning all,

It is way too quiet in here!!

CdnandTrini, are you busy preparing hubby for the big trip?
Hi FAD how are you and hubby and baby girl doing? Still waiting on the PP to be returned, I see. Hopefully this week!! :D

Yes hubby and I are working diligently to prepare for his journey to Canada, I do not think either of us realized what was really involved for him to ensure things will be sorted out for his departure. He was in the middle of renovating his house, one of his 6 dogs just had puppies 3 days ago, paperwork stuff and many other things too numerous to mention. We have been busy every single day since I arrived. Yesterday was his b-day though so we spent a nice leisurely day together celebrating but back to errands and chores again early this morning :'(. I don't know about the rest of the islands but it seem to me that Trini's wake up too early :eek:. Blessings my dear......trying to get the spreadsheet updated.........

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
You earlybirds, those departure times make me willing to pay extra for Caribbean :p!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Thank u Nev,

I actually called the number and apparently pressing 6 allows you to be transferred to someone but it just kept ringing.

Oh well back to the waiting line...Today is a week since DM so I'm guessing it won't be too long again
Hi FAD, I just checked our info. again and my hubby dropped off PP on Oct. 15th, DM Oct. 27th and PP picked up on Nov. 4th. So for us it was 8 days after DM (FYI). Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
I'm pretty sure they're closed today, as it is a government holiday in Canada. That list is not complete, for example Republic Day and Indian Arrival Day are missing. I think they just don't want to show online how many holidays they really get.
Hi Zouk - waving - :D hope you and hubby are doing well these days. Thanks for stopping by. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone,

We've got some news! We got our correspondence for an interview this morning. January 13th!

Please bring the following original documents:

- Additional and more recent photographs of your and your sponsor together.
- Proof of communication between you and your sponsor.

So they said to bring more and recent photos of us (we sent in TONS of photos with our app) and then proof of our communication. I'm a little concerned about this because we mostly communicate through IM (BBM, Whats App, etc.) and the voice chat options on those platforms. I top his phone up weekly, if not more. I have some chat logs but not tons (you used to not be able to log BBM chats and once I started logging them, now I can't open them?). The Whats App logs are good, we have a lot of those from the past few months. Hourly conversations, good mornings good nights, serious talks, flirty talks, etc.. I hope this is ok? When we do speak on the phone we only use phone cards (which they apparently do not accept from what I have heard here) because of the expense and because we're in constant contact via IM, we dont' exchange emails. I'm praying that if we give them what we have and explain any gaps that will be good for them? I'll know more when we see the notes.

I just can't wait for the day this is all over and we don't have PROVE anything to anybody and we can just get on with being a family. UGH. I'm so happy that we're finally on the move here, but like... frustrating that we have to do this dance again.
Hello Can-Vinc and congrats in your update!!! Exciting news, I will add this to the spreadsheet. Yes it sounds like you have everything organized with lots of proof, great point about explaining any gaps so do not be concerned, just prepared.

In our application, I did not include any phone records or Digicel/B-Mobile receipts and I simply explained, no one does that nowadays with so may other forms of communication. I am surprised they asked for more photos if you already sent so many, but they do look at all of them. I just got our notes the other day and we did not send in many photos but they commented that in our wedding photos "they looked happy". They also commented that I was not present in some photos from prior trips but that is because I am usually taking the photos and hiding behind the camera!! It was not a problem though as we had tons of e-mails and Skype calls/convos.

So relating to what you are saying about the constant need to "prove" things......I have been here with hubby for 12 days now and every time we go out to buy anything, when we come home I do my happy dance as I throw out receipts - like a normal person - and unlike a normal person I sing "don't need no mo' proof" Thank You Jesus!! :p Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ItsMePrincess said:
Good Morning,

We finally got an email back from POS since my husband's interview. He has to apply for authorization to return to Canada. Hopefully this is the last and finally step. Cause I am getting really tired and sick of waiting.

Princess
Good news IMP......it seems POS is conducting pretty good follow up on your file. Blessings.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Zouk - waving - :D hope you and hubby are doing well these days. Thanks for stopping by. Blessings.
Hey ;D yes we are... It's been busy, but all is great. Hope things are going well on your end!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Always do nice reading your posts cdnandtrini. Wow you snd hubby got alot on your hands but I'm confident you will get through it!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
CdnandTrini said:
Hello Can-Vinc and congrats in your update!!! Exciting news, I will add this to the spreadsheet. Yes it sounds like you have everything organized with lots of proof, great point about explaining any gaps so do not be concerned, just prepared.

In our application, I did not include any phone records or Digicel/B-Mobile receipts and I simply explained, no one does that nowadays with so may other forms of communication. I am surprised they asked for more photos if you already sent so many, but they do look at all of them. I just got our notes the other day and we did not send in many photos but they commented that in our wedding photos "they looked happy". They also commented that I was not present in some photos from prior trips but that is because I am usually taking the photos and hiding behind the camera!! It was not a problem though as we had tons of e-mails and Skype calls/convos.

So relating to what you are saying about the constant need to "prove" things......I have been here with hubby for 12 days now and every time we go out to buy anything, when we come home I do my happy dance as I throw out receipts - like a normal person - and unlike a normal person I sing "don't need no mo' proof" Thank You Jesus!! :p Blessings.
It is such a huge shift and relief to no longer have to "prove" your relationship. I sometimes still find myself putting things away "just in case". I want to rid myself of all things immigration related but it takes time for that shift! I have put the big huge bag full of documents at the back of my closet for now and I'm sure I will get fed up and chuck it one day, soon!! Cdnandtrini did POS return your complete file to hubby when he picked up PP?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
It is such a huge shift and relief to no longer have to "prove" your relationship. I sometimes still find myself putting things away "just in case". I want to rid myself of all things immigration related but it takes time for that shift! I have put the big huge bag full of documents at the back of my closet for now and I'm sure I will get fed up and chuck it one day, soon!! Cdnandtrini did POS return your complete file to hubby when he picked up PP?
Hi Behopeful, nice to "see" you. I know what you mean about that shift.....it is almost automatic to do the saving but like you I will be creating a big file at home that will be in a safe spot that I hope to never see again :p.

Yes POS returned everything to my hubby so now we have 3 copies, his, mine and immigration's. Hope all is well with you, baby girl and your hubby settling in. Blessings.