Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Oh that means it will be there in the next few days!! Hope mr millslu is all packed!

On the subject of packing, my hubby has informed me that he has jumped the gun and started packing. Lol

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
fromadistance said:
Oh that means it will be there in the next few days!! Hope mr millslu is all packed!

On the subject of packing, my hubby has informed me that he has jumped the gun and started packing. Lol
Lol......good for him! I wish my hubs would jump the gun on packing.....somehow I think I will be doing a LOT of sorting and packing when I get to Trinidad :D I am actually taking a suitcase within a suitcase as he has never had the need to have a big suitcase before. And the price of luggage these days? :eek: no thanks!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Lol......good for him! I wish my hubs would jump the gun on packing.....somehow I think I will be doing a LOT of sorting and packing when I get to Trinidad :D I am actually taking a suitcase within a suitcase as he has never had the need to have a big suitcase before. And the price of luggage these days? :eek: no thanks!
Lol! I bet you will be doing it all :)

I'm actually looking for an extremely strong and durable suitcase. Any ideas on brands? Mine are giving up on me with all the travelling I've been doing.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
BeHopeful,

Your landing story was so entertaining and well written! Thank you for sharing...All best as you all start/continue your journey as a family of 3. Hoping for our ppr request soon, by God's grace hubby will be travelling mid November!

You all putting ideas in my head to travel to St Lucia just to travel back with him but I think he will be fine travelling on his own lol :) besides if I attempted to travel I'd have to bundle up my two munchkins with me..eh not happening lol.

Looking forward to the other landing stories!!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Lol! I bet you will be doing it all :)

I'm actually looking for an extremely strong and durable suitcase. Any ideas on brands? Mine are giving up on me with all the travelling I've been doing.
Hmmm.....see if you can find any sales, then go look and compare a few. I bought a great bag at the Bay when they had a big sale on and although it was not a brand name, I set it side by side with a few of the other pieces and rolled it around and unzipped and re-zipped etc. and it ended up being much better for my needs than the others. It has to "feel" right and for me, I always prefer the ones that have a bit of expansion in them vs. the hard ones. That final thing I always have to stick in at the last minute, can always be crammed into these types! :D

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
LouisFam said:
You all putting ideas in my head to travel to St Lucia just to travel back with him but I think he will be fine travelling on his own lol :) besides if I attempted to travel I'd have to bundle up my two munchkins with me..eh not happening lol.
Lol it is an expensive option and plus u won't have a romantic landing story.

Tell me about travelling with kids. Talk about stressful!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Hmmm.....see if you can find any sales, then go look and compare a few. I bought a great bag at the Bay when they had a big sale on and although it was not a brand name, I set it side by side with a few of the other pieces and rolled it around and unzipped and re-zipped etc. and it ended up being much better for my needs than the others. It has to "feel" right and for me, I always prefer the ones that have a bit of expansion in them vs. the hard ones. That final thing I always have to stick in at the last minute, can always be crammed into these types! :D
Thanks.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LouisFam said:
Hoping for our ppr request soon, by God's grace hubby will be travelling mid November!

Looking forward to the other landing stories!!!
Have to agree with FAD on this one. +2 kids = -2 romance :D!! Praying that you will get your PPR soon. Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Behopeful! That landing story broke my heart and sent it soaring with happiness at the same time! I'm so happy that nightmare (now you can call it a fairy tale) is behind your family. I'm still enjoying my time here in St. Vincent with my love... Seems like all we do is talk about the app... Some days with excited that word could come any time but often with anxiety for if it will take long or if we'll face any more hurdles. I've been checking the forum often but only on blackberry so I haven't been posting but I wanted to check in. I'm always saying "the forum says this, the forum said that, this happened for them on the forum, etc.", I think my hubby is concerned that I'm obsessed with you all. Well, I kind of am but in a good way.

Well I just wanted to check in and say congrats to behopeful and express my excitement for the upcoming landing stories (CanTrini, Millslu and FAD) and interviews (MissD and Louis)... I'm really sorry if I missed anyone. I'm lurking everyday and am looking forward to more news.

Oh yea, we printed out and filled the consent form to order the notes when I get back.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
@Behopeful......i just read your landing story and bawled my eyes out......it is so nice to finally hear a landing story......we haven't had alot lately and each time I read one, I cry thinking about when my day will come.....(i know it is coming soon!) Congrats on having your hubby here in Canada and that you were able to get thru so quickly, that is just awesome. Hubby will learn to readjust for sure in time, it will help by keeping himself busy as you have said he has been doing. Congrats again!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Behopeful! That landing story broke my heart and sent it soaring with happiness at the same time! I'm so happy that nightmare (now you can call it a fairy tale) is behind your family. I'm still enjoying my time here in St. Vincent with my love... Seems like all we do is talk about the app... Some days with excited that word could come any time but often with anxiety for if it will take long or if we'll face any more hurdles. I've been checking the forum often but only on blackberry so I haven't been posting but I wanted to check in. I'm always saying "the forum says this, the forum said that, this happened for them on the forum, etc.", I think my hubby is concerned that I'm obsessed with you all. Well, I kind of am but in a good way.

Well I just wanted to check in and say congrats to behopeful and express my excitement for the upcoming landing stories (CanTrini, Millslu and FAD) and interviews (MissD and Louis)... I'm really sorry if I missed anyone. I'm lurking everyday and am looking forward to more news.

Oh yea, we printed out and filled the consent form to order the notes when I get back.
Lol.......Hi Can-Vinc, happy to hear from you and that you are having a good time. So funny what you said about the forum, my hubby teases me like crazy....... you can tell your hubby "the forum" is like the third person in our marriage :p!

Get hubby to sign a few consent forms just in case as I believe you are supposed to submit a new one every time you request notes. Or check with Chickie72 or Nev on the Kingston thread, I believe they have ordered their notes every month so they will be able to better advise.

Maybe you will be sending us news!! Blessings.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
I got my hubby to sign 9 of them last time I went, he just didn't put the dates on there, I fill in the date when I send them in. Hope that helps

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Behopeful I am in awe right now what a beautiful landing story it definitely hit home to me full of tears I'm waiting for this day to happen for my husband. Time for you 3 to live a happy life full of love all the best.

doc.lady

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Guyana
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2012
AOR Received.
March, 2013
File Transfer...
December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Behopeful said:
Good Evening Everyone... I have finally returned with a landing story!

I know, I know it has taken me far too long to get to write this and I have likely put this story together in my head about a million times but I am finalyl here to write it done. WOW I truly can't believe this immigration thing is completely behind us.

So, my husband landed at Pearson on Friday October 11, exactly 10 months after submitting our application to the VO in Mississauga. From day 1, we knew this journey would be long and take a lot of strength and we are so thankful we have finished with this. For anyone that is starting this process, my advise would be to think you are in it for the long haul and when it happens sooner, you will be pleasantly surprised. It was only a year ago that I took my husband to Pearson and he went back to Trinidad on a 1 year exclusion order.

Anyways, my husband's flight left Trinidad at 235PM Friday and was due to land at 840PM. I arrived at the airport at exactly 840 and saw his flight landed at 828. I was so excited and had butterflies in my stomach, just like that first time I met him and fell in love. I pretty much paced around for 45 minutes and then I let my mind wander to "what if he doesn't come out" and "how long do I wait before I become concerned". I was feeling cautious because this whole process seemed much too smooth.
I just kept waiting and any black man that came out the door, I jumped up thinking it was husband. I think there were flights coming in from Antigua and Guyana around the same time. FINALLY after an hour and 10 minutes of waiting, I see my husband come through the door. He was all dressed up and I just stood there staring from afar. He was looking around for me but couldn't see me and I eventually got over the shock and moved to him. He spotted me and pretty much ran over a person trying to get to me (the person was blocking the path). Tears rushed to my eyes when I felt him hug me (tears are coming to my eyes now thinking about it) and the thought of this is the first day to the rest of our lives together. We hugged and kissed for the longest time and just looked at each other. Being reunited with him is something I will never forgot. Our daughter had made a welcome home card for daddy and I brought him a gift and cupcake with a Canadian flag on it. He was thankful for that. We had dinner out in Toronto and drove 2 and a half hours back to where we live. Amazingly I wasn't even a tiny bit tired.

So now that I have told you all the sappy stuff I will tell you about his actual experience landing. He said it was pretty flawless. I was likely more nervous about it than him. He did his declaration and told the person he was sponsored by his wife and was landing for the first time. They pointed him to another booth (he said it was different and has changed since he came up on the farm workers program) and he did his landing with a man. The man had him sign his name in 3 places, discussed his previous experience in Canada and confirmed his mailing address for his PR card. My husband said it was fairly busy and the wait was a little long because planes were arriving from China and Philipines as well. The officer said "Welcome to Canada" and he was free to go. He handed him back his passport and a copy of his COPR. He wasn't given any package (some friends said he would) and he wasn't advised anything about SIN, OHIP, etc. I think perhaps this wasn't mentioned because he has already been in Canada. All in all, this was a very easy process. I thought they would ask him questions about the sponsorhisp but really nothing. They did ask about him bringing dependents and had him sign saying he didn't have dependents (only his daughter in Canada already).

The last few days have been a huge adjustment for us, even though he has been in Canada before and we lived together for years. I think he had feelings of sadness and just trying to find his place amongst everything. I wonder if I kinda pushed him into coming too quickly before he got to wrap everything up in Trinidad. I just can't imagine being in his place and leaving my family. I briefly looked over at the JA forum today and someone was speaking about the difficultly in saying goodbye and the transition. Regardless, he is happy to be here. Our daughter recognizes him and calls him daddy but typically looks to me at times when she needs comfort and this is hard for him when he can't comfort her. It takes time for sure. He applied and was given his new SIN today, opened a bank account, applied for OHIP and is looking into options for school and work.

It is really amazing how quickly the thoughts of immigration leave your mind and we keep saying this really wasn't that bad (10 months is very fortunate and blessed in my mind, especially when I figured it would be a year or more). We are glad we applied outland vs. inland and everything worked out very smoothly for us. We are fortunate to have gotten through so quickly. I am not going to take up anymore time I think this is fairly lengthy already. If I have forgotten to mention anything, ask away. I will still be coming around... I couldn't have done this without the supports of this group. THANK YOU EVERYONE! :-*

MILLSLU... your time is coming. Passport will be there soon. Your landing story will be next.

FAD: Congrats again on the PPR.

MissD/ Dadzin: Your interviews are coming up... I look at the calendar and my mind drifts to the 24th. Keeping you both in my prayers for a successful interview.

CdnandTrini: Only about 2 weeks until you will be with hubby and your journey is soon coming to an end!

doc.lady: Travel plans yet?

LouisFam: PPR is coming! Hold on you are almost there!

And all the JAM FAM... I don't know why you guys aren't hearing good news but when it rains it pours so expect many PPR all at once. You guys and girls are a wonderful group of people and amazingly positive all the time.

Thanks again for all the support... stay positive. Everyday is one day closer to the end and you just never know when the end will be be. Goodnight!
Hi Behopeful, what a wonderful experience! Cheers to happy endings and wonderful beginnings! i'm set to leave on 26th Nov. Now that the immigration process has finished, the certain dreads have started to set in. I am looking forward to starting this new adventure with my husband. For a long time we were so much engrossed in studies and work and now we will be going off on our own and living our lives. Even though we married last year, my home with my hubby is not far from my parents home so leaving home didn't feel as bad. Now that i am going away and leaving behind my parents and brothers, the intending separation makes me sad. The distance seems so ultimate especially since we are all very close and i've never been away from them for too long. I'm trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. such is life i guess...

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Great landing story Behopefu!

Cdntrini, FAD, etc, bring more landing stories soon : )

Hi guys, I'm back and finally making progress! I'm officially freaking out. So I went to one police plaza today to request certificate of good conduct from nys since I live here and finger prints to send to the FBI fr a FBI clearance. I was given a sample of what to fill out on the FBI card (FD 258) and it didn't ask for allias AKA. However, there is the section for it. I had live scan done and the officer ask me to double check my info on the computer before she took my prints. I did and everything was fine and I signed to it.

Here is the problem, I have a nick name/calling name that hubby and my family and friends know me by. I didnt put the nickn name/ calling name on the FBI finger print card because the sample didnt highlight that section. Allmost all our evidence have my nickname/ calling name. Would CIC request another copy of FBI clearance if they see I use another name but its not included in the FBI clearance??? Help!!!!! ???

Ps. All my legal documents have my legal name. Most relationship evidence for example, birthday cards, Holiday presents, emails, what's app messages, Facebook posts and pictures etc have my nick name/calling name.

Pease help! Already feeling pressure and I didn't submit the application as yet! ???