Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
POS is on a roll! So great to see so many people in 'process'!

This is exactly what should be happening!

GO POS GO!!!!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
doc.lady said:
Hi:

You know i just checked you message and i was not sure how to answer to went to double check my CIC profile and i saw that my status has changed to processing since 9th September, 2012. I don't know how much of a good news it is but i am ecstatic just to see a change!
Doc.lady! Congrats on the 'in process'. This is always a positive sign. POS started processing my application the same day and I received PPR today. Keep your eyes out for that e-mail or phone call because it will likely be coming soon. CONGRATS!

CndandTrini.... as you know I never received an AOR, however when I did get an e-mail response after e-mailing POS, it said the date we submitted the application and not the date it was in POS. I was concerned about this too, but I was informed this was standard practice. Hope that helps to clarify some of your question.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
doc.lady said:
Hi:

You know i just checked you message and i was not sure how to answer to went to double check my CIC profile and i saw that my status has changed to processing since 9th September, 2012. I don't know how much of a good news it is but i am ecstatic just to see a change!
Sweeeeeeeeet!!! Hopefully another PPR on its way!!!!!!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
CdnandTrini said:
Welcome back doc.lady :) and I already have a question waiting for you! When you received your response (Acknowledge of Receipt - also known as AOR) from POS in May confirming receipt of your application did it have the POS office details on it or general CIC details?

I am curious as my husband just received his AOR on Sept. 10, 2013 but it was from CIC not POS specifically and it also did not state the date of receipt of application in POS. It stated the date we submitted our application which was Feb. 7, 2013 but no date as to when it actually arrived in POS. It also took 7 months for us to hear back on this. Thanks for any clarification. Blessings.
If memory serves me right, I believe that's what we got as well. We emailed them to confirm and they got back to us saying yes they had our application. They're a little wonky sometimes, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Perhaps send a CSE if you want the extra reassurance, but I'm sure your application is there and all is well :)

doc.lady

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Guyana
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2012
AOR Received.
March, 2013
File Transfer...
December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Behopeful said:
Doc.lady! Congrats on the 'in process'. This is always a positive sign. POS started processing my application the same day and I received PPR today. Keep your eyes out for that e-mail or phone call because it will likely be coming soon. CONGRATS!

CndandTrini.... as you know I never received an AOR, however when I did get an e-mail response after e-mailing POS, it said the date we submitted the application and not the date it was in POS. I was concerned about this too, but I was informed this was standard practice. Hope that helps to clarify some of your question.
Thank you so much! i was so excited i didn't type my words properly. I will definitely keep my eyes and ears more opened than they have ever been! :)

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
I just need to clarify....

Can my husband drop his passport off at the VO? And pick it up when it is ready? Are there certain days and times that the passport can be dropped off? Picked up (once they call us)?

Is this a safe/ reliable way to do this or should we do it by courier and waybill for return?

Trusting

Aug 25, 2013
Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago -passports

MissDominica said:
On average they keep your passports 2 weeks at POS unless there is something else for them to finalize, then it could be longer. It is really a coin toss with them. It could be faster and it could be several weeks. You may not have your passport back in time to travel in a week's time, based on how slow POS has been lately.
Hello again Miss Dominica, i am returning to say thanks again to you and all others on this site who encourage people. I'm sure it would have made my wait much easier if i had found it earlier. However, i'm still glad i got a taste of the good relations and support that's here. I was not able to travel without my passport but we received our visas and will be on our way to Canada in another week. I will continue to pray for all the relations and others who are waiting, hoping for positive answers. Lets continue to trust God. He never fails.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Behopeful said:
Good eveing everyone.

I want to first start by saying thank you to everyone that has passed on their congrats to my husband and I. We truly appreciate each of you and all of the support we have recieved from this forum. I am sorry I am not speaking to each of your directly but know that I mean my words to all of you. Gosh, I feel like I am receiving an OSCAR and this is my acceptance speech!

It was kind of a crazy day and this is why I am only now getting back on the forum. I checked my e-mail early this morning and ended up checking it again at my lunch and there was the e-mail. I thought this can't be it, but I opened it and it stated my husband should send his PP, one immigration size photo and fill out a form that asks his name, eye colour and height. I was in disbelief when I saw it, ran out of my office, called my husband, sat down in my car and SCREAMED.... while singing the song to him "you're coming home". (I think it is Kayne West for those that don't know the song and maybe goes more like "I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming home"!)

Parts of me really can't believe this is true and the little bit of pessimistic person in me says just wait something will go wrong. We were not asked for an ARC for the person that asked me that. My husband's exclusion order will be finished on the 29th of September and the letter states it can take 2-4 weeks to return the passport, so I figure either way an ARC will not be required because his exclusion order has/ will be passed by the time he is ready to come back to Canada. For those people that have gotten their notes, don't lose faith because there isn't much in the notes. I ordered our last set of notes on August 11 and received September 12 and the notes indicated nothing was 'in process' with our file and here we are a month later with a PPR. Things can happen quickly and like Zouk said, once they are ready, they move quickly. The notes are about a month old by the time they reach to us so lots can be done in the month.

I just keep praying for everything to be smooth from here on out. I have been daydreaming all day about the day he comes home. I know we will have to get re-adjusted to each other, but I am just so excited. I just want to recognize all the people that have been waiting and continue to wait. I know the news of someone else getting a PPR can be very painful and hurtful when all you want is the same exact thing. I am not going to say 'hang in there' or 'your turn is coming' because that is not helpful and it doesn't stop the pain. I am not sure exactly what to say but I know it can hurt.

Thank you again everyone for the support, blessings and positive support to our family. I have one question.... my husband in obviously in Trinidad and will drop his passport off at the VO and plans to pick it up when it is ready. Should we include a letter stating that he will pick it up and they should call him? Just don't want it to be missed.... in his letter from POS it only says where everything should be sent and doesn't say anything about picking it up or having it couriered back.... if anyone knows please let me know.

SO.... WHO IS NEXT?! Let's keep moving POS!
Happy for u :) I would include a letter saying he will pick it up, cant hurt. Also, when he drops it off tell him to ask at thrwindiw what day he can pick it up, sometimes they can tell you.

Lol and thanks guys for the flag details.. apparently I need to work on my caribbean flag memorization

@cdn thx for the offer :) i might take you up on it if needed

Xo

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
Happy for u :) I would include a letter saying he will pick it up, cant hurt. Also, when he drops it off tell him to ask at thrwindiw what day he can pick it up, sometimes they can tell you.

Lol and thanks guys for the flag details.. apparently I need to work on my caribbean flag memorization

@ cdn thx for the offer :) i might take you up on it if needed

Xo
Thanks MissD. I will make sure hubby does this.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago -passports

Trusting said:
Hello again Miss Dominica, i am returning to say thanks again to you and all others on this site who encourage people. I'm sure it would have made my wait much easier if i had found it earlier. However, i'm still glad i got a taste of the good relations and support that's here. I was not able to travel without my passport but we received our visas and will be on our way to Canada in another week. I will continue to pray for all the relations and others who are waiting, hoping for positive answers. Lets continue to trust God. He never fails.
Congrats!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
@ Behopeful,

I just wanted to send you out another shout out :D
My husband and I are very happy that your family will finally be reunified. Yayyyyyyyyy!

We were just wondering if your ECAS has changed today to "Decision Made", just wondering how POS routinely changes ecas.

thank you and so happy for you my dear ;D

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
millslu said:
@ Behopeful,

My husband and I are very happy that your family will finally be reunified. Yayyyyyyyyy!

We were just wondering if your ECAS has changed today to "Decision Made", just wondering how POS routinely changes ecas.

Decision made typically shows up once they have mailed out the passport/COPR

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hi everyone, so HAPPY that things are moving at POS!! Congrats to @trusting (and your sister) for the visas and welcome to Canada :D.

Congrats to @doc.lady for being in process......very exciting news & thanks for replying to my AOR question.

Thanks to @Zouk Princesse and @ Behopeful for responding to my AOR question as well. I know POS des not really follow "standard" procedures so I find it helpful to compare experiences and commiserate/celebrate when needed ;).

@Behopeful, thanks for sharing your details about your day yesterday. I appreciated your honesty and sincerity in describing the range of conflicting emotions that are so often combined in this roller coaster journey.

Always glad to see @Miss D. and @Mrs. Millslu and everyone else. POS we are praying for all of the immigration staff to keep the momentum & faith loud and strong and finish all the 2012 applicants!! AMEN.

Relica

Aug 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
Doc's Request.
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Passport Req..
08-01-2014 Passport sent on 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
ARC sent out today hope i get an answer soon

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
@ Behopeful,

Thank you so much Mrs Millslu. It is truly a blessing that our journey is coming to an end.

Our ECAS still shows as in process and as Zouk said it change when they are ready to sen PP back. Hubby will be handing in his PP tomorrow AM. Of course, he had to trim his hair and look good for hi immigration photo! LMAO! I'm assuming this is the pic they will use for his PR card.