02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
I don’t mind the questions at all.
We sent the application to Mississauga on November 2nd and got an email that it was transferred on December 3rd.
I did not attend the interview because I started a new job. I did hear though that going to the interview can sometimes be more of a problem then help. At the interview they asked him basic questions, how we met, if he met my family, where I work, how long it takes me to get to work, what was our first date, where we went, which movie we watched, which restaurant we went to. Then it was in depth questions like why don’t we have a bank account together, (he has a daughter in Canada) so they asked do I see his daughter, does his baby mom approve, why didnt my family attend the wedding.
My lawyer said I would be jumping the gun if I submit the ARC before hearing an answer, so no we haven’t yet. I really want to though, cause time keeps passing and its extremely frustrating. We heard horror stories about the ARC times.
As for the fingerprints, if it was up to me I would have sent them electronically if it was possible because I read it suppose to be only 72 hours. But the lawyer sent them by mail and that takes up to 9 weeks or longer. The fingerprints were sent to the lawyer and he sent them to Port of Spain.
I tell my husband all the time, we think we have control over our lives in this world but we don’t. All we do is wait on the decisions of others. Port of Spain right now has our life in their hands. They are playing with precious time. Time away from one another cause a lot of stress on a relationship. Stress I don’t really need to deal with cause there are so many other things to worry about. I just hope this week we get something in the mail. I did email them though and we all know how that goes, no response.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
good day forum i will start by saying i have been trying to write this note for the forum for the past 4 days with no luck,the first time i wrote this long note thanking everyone in the forum and then it magicallly dissapeared, and u know after writing all this i just didnt hve the strength to do it again, so i tried two after again and the same thing so i gave up. so here i am trying again

let me start by thanking everyone last week for they input and also they amazng knowledge of the running of POS to mention some name @miss zouk and am not sure if it was @maddants but i really want to thank you for givin me guidance, my wife and i sent the package to POS today and we about to put this letter and adress it to the VO about why they sending snail mail until we read the forum and it made alot of sense to us so we removed the letter hahah. again thank you so very much.

over the weekend i had to run around and get my kids birth certificates and get the cheque made out again and fill out form A which looks a little different than the last form A i filled out, so all that was done and i sent it out this morning and should arrive tomorow morning. again thanks for the help form.

as for the newbie welcome to this amazing forum am not sure if u have met missd she is an amazing person just like everyone else but she is the boss so we have to give her some extra props haha. its amazing how @gigi yur app went through so quickly, and all i can tell u, there are ppl here who have been through alot and have been here much longer than u are and they are hanging on wits end, but they survive so be patient you have reached further than most of us in such a short time be gratefull and thankfull and the forum will give u alot of love and support. @gigi am very sure things will work out positive for yur family and god will unite u very soon

again forum am glad am able to send this finally, one more thing i sent my daughter originall birth certificate but in st lucia hardly any one have their names on their birth certificate, but they do have it on the baptism certificate so am hoping POS is not gonna be asking me for that next that wil be a bummer.

anyways love u forum

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
millslu said:
good day forum i will start by saying i have been trying to write this note for the forum for the past 4 days with no luck,the first time i wrote this long note thanking everyone in the forum and then it magicallly dissapeared, and u know after writing all this i just didnt hve the strength to do it again, so i tried two after again and the same thing so i gave up. so here i am trying again

let me start by thanking everyone last week for they input and also they amazng knowledge of the running of POS to mention some name @ miss zouk and am not sure if it was @ maddants but i really want to thank you for givin me guidance, my wife and i sent the package to POS today and we about to put this letter and adress it to the VO about why they sending snail mail until we read the forum and it made alot of sense to us so we removed the letter hahah. again thank you so very much.

over the weekend i had to run around and get my kids birth certificates and get the cheque made out again and fill out form A which looks a little different than the last form A i filled out, so all that was done and i sent it out this morning and should arrive tomorow morning. again thanks for the help form.

as for the newbie welcome to this amazing forum am not sure if u have met missd she is an amazing person just like everyone else but she is the boss so we have to give her some extra props haha. its amazing how @ gigi yur app went through so quickly, and all i can tell u, there are ppl here who have been through alot and have been here much longer than u are and they are hanging on wits end, but they survive so be patient you have reached further than most of us in such a short time be gratefull and thankfull and the forum will give u alot of love and support. @ gigi am very sure things will work out positive for yur family and god will unite u very soon

again forum am glad am able to send this finally, one more thing i sent my daughter originall birth certificate but in st lucia hardly any one have their names on their birth certificate, but they do have it on the baptism certificate so am hoping POS is not gonna be asking me for that next that wil be a bummer.

anyways love u forum
Hey millslu, sorry you had so much trouble posting, glad you didn't give up! Really happy to hear you've made yet another step towards that glorious end day! I'm happy that my experience can help someone else along in this process, cause the truth is, if the only info you have to go on is what CIC gives you, most of us would never get approved. It's great that this forum allows us to learn from others and pay it forward. Here's hoping they wrap this up quickly and let you guys get on with your lives! The process is hard, ridiculous at times, but the end is near and sooooo worth it! Blessings!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Zouk Princesse said:
Hey millslu, sorry you had so much trouble posting, glad you didn't give up! Really happy to hear you've made yet another step towards that glorious end day! I'm happy that my experience can help someone else along in this process, cause the truth is, if the only info you have to go on is what CIC gives you, most of us would never get approved. It's great that this forum allows us to learn from others and pay it forward. Here's hoping they wrap this up quickly and let you guys get on with your lives! The process is hard, ridiculous at times, but the end is near and sooooo worth it! Blessings!
thanks so much again @zouk i k now how the process is so fustrating everytime my wife it puts a bitter taste in our mouth,when i came from the interview the VO gave me all my pics and all my extra documents it was a big pile so my wife and i said we gonna have a ceremony to burn it all when i get back home and we dnt want to have nything at all to do with immigration, its been like that from the begining of the relationship and we just need a break after this. am glad we can pass on such important info and u are right if it wasnt for this forum we would never get through this. lets continue blessing this forum, i dont know how u can do it@zouk after getting landed to come back to this place, but i guess alot of ppl out there need our help, so sad.

inlimbo2012

Oct 30, 2012
Barbados
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Interview........
17-01-2013
Ok so its been a LONG time since Ive been on here. It was quite depressing cause I didn't have any new information. So heres the update....Interview was January 17th. Medicals were lost..but I guess refound and then extended. My husband received his PPR 3 weeks ago. POS has now had his passport for 2 weeks! Very exciting stuff! Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to process the visa and send it back? Its been 1 year and 2 weeks since we applied....ready for it to be over let me tell you.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
inlimbo2012 said:
Ok so its been a LONG time since Ive been on here. It was quite depressing cause I didn't have any new information. So heres the update....Interview was January 17th. Medicals were lost..but I guess refound and then extended. My husband received his PPR 3 weeks ago. POS has now had his passport for 2 weeks! Very exciting stuff! Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to process the visa and send it back? Its been 1 year and 2 weeks since we applied....ready for it to be over let me tell you.
congrats on your hubby ppr......your hubby soon come home to you

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
gigi_411 said:
I don't mind the questions at all.
We sent the application to Mississauga on November 2nd and got an email that it was transferred on December 3rd.
I did not attend the interview because I started a new job. I did hear though that going to the interview can sometimes be more of a problem then help. At the interview they asked him basic questions, how we met, if he met my family, where I work, how long it takes me to get to work, what was our first date, where we went, which movie we watched, which restaurant we went to. Then it was in depth questions like why don't we have a bank account together, (he has a daughter in Canada) so they asked do I see his daughter, does his baby mom approve, why didnt my family attend the wedding.
My lawyer said I would be jumping the gun if I submit the ARC before hearing an answer, so no we haven't yet. I really want to though, cause time keeps passing and its extremely frustrating. We heard horror stories about the ARC times.
As for the fingerprints, if it was up to me I would have sent them electronically if it was possible because I read it suppose to be only 72 hours. But the lawyer sent them by mail and that takes up to 9 weeks or longer. The fingerprints were sent to the lawyer and he sent them to Port of Spain.
I tell my husband all the time, we think we have control over our lives in this world but we don't. All we do is wait on the decisions of others. Port of Spain right now has our life in their hands. They are playing with precious time. Time away from one another cause a lot of stress on a relationship. Stress I don't really need to deal with cause there are so many other things to worry about. I just hope this week we get something in the mail. I did email them though and we all know how that goes, no response.
question for you gigi......how long did the interview take......what was your hubby answer for why your family and friends did not attend the interview........do worry gigi your hubby will get thru for sure......most of the time they just giving a hard time to look like everything is doom but at the end they will grant him the visa to get to you for sure.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
inlimbo2012 said:
wow welcome back @inlimbo its been a long time since we last saw you, i dnt even think u came back and told us about the interview and about the wait, its incredible that u got yur interview in january and got yur PPR almost 6 months after, that is out rageouse, what the hell took them so long, according to what i have read it take 14 days for you to get yur visa but with them u can never know. after the interview did they tell you that you was approved did u have to submit an ARC why oh why did it take so long after the interview.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
inlimbo2012 said:
oh so i realise u got your medical extended and not redone when did u get the letter for the extension of yur medicals? and do u know if there was any other reason for the delay after interview. as u can see my interview was in may and last week i was asked for extra stuff i sent it in less than a weeek am hoping that it wouldnt take me 6 months. this is crazy

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
on another note @limbo make sure u update yur timeline and congrats it looks like u almost done this ride was a little to long and scary but its almost done, i wish u and yur future the best. we cant find @missd i think she is in the looney bin she lost it a few nights ago its been pretty hard on her so until she is out we all have to wait.. hahahah

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hey guys,

It's been a few days but I've been so disgusted with this process and upset that I couldn't bring myself to deal with it right now. I will update the spreadsheet this week.

Glad to hear about all your updates and I'm thinking of you all.

I am going to Dominica to visit hubby as I just can't take this anymore. I'm so freakin angry and depressed that I'm still going through this and that the last months I've spent checking e-cas and email everyday, no one has so much as laid eyes on my application.

I need to let this phase of anger and sadness pass before I come on here and say something I will regret about POS or anything..

Post tomorrow..

Hang in there guys.

:'(

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
MissDominica said:
Hey guys,

It's been a few days but I've been so disgusted with this process and upset that I couldn't bring myself to deal with it right now. I will update the spreadsheet this week.

Glad to hear about all your updates and I'm thinking of you all.

I am going to Dominica to visit hubby as I just can't take this anymore. I'm so freakin angry and depressed that I'm still going through this and that the last months I've spent checking e-cas and email everyday, no one has so much as laid eyes on my application
I need to let this phase of anger and sadness pass before I come on here and say something I will regret about POS or anything..

Post tomorrow..

Hang in there guys.

:'(
you are our HERO @missd hang in there my girl.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hi everyone!
Thank you GIGI for answering all of my questions. Much appreciated. How did your husband feel after the interview? Point well made regarding attending the interview. If my husband gets called for an interview I'm thinking I will attend. He will be so nervous so I hope to ease his nerves just by being in Trinidad with him. Did you order your CAIPS notes prior to the interview?

Inlimbo... Congrats on the PPR!! I've heard usually takes 2-4 weeks for the passport to be returned, but POS does as they see fit! POS is observing another holiday today (Labour Day) it won't come today! Darn holidays.

Nothing new with our file. I decided to order our case file notes. I figure it can't hurt and we will have a better idea of what's going on so i expect them sometime next month. Sometimes I feel so frustrated while other days I can't believe I have made it this far without going crazy, for real!

Stay strong!

gigi_411

Jun 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
My husband did not feel good after the interview he was very upset about the wait time and she interrogated him a lot. He knew the answers to all the questions, and I’m sure it went fine, he just wasn’t happy. I didn’t know anything about notes, so I didn’t order them. I wish I did though. I think the whole interview process took about an hour and then she took some time to photocopy some documents. My family and his family didn’t come because it was just too expensive and work conflicts. I didn’t mind at all because we plan to get remarried in the church (we got married on the beach) and have a huge reception when he comes back, with both of our families. Also he had a lot of friends and family there that attended.
Behopeful, I don’t know if it’s a good idea to go. I would have loved to be there for him, but I heard horror stories where they separate the two of you and ask you the same questions looking for the same answers and who knows how that could go down.
I spoke to my MP office today and she was very informative. It was also extremely depressing to talk to her. She told me that they are on strike and we don’t know when they will be back to work. So we are all on hold until then.
The reason for my call to her was why I haven’t heard anything from the interview date when the officer told my husband it would be 2 weeks. And the lady I spoke with was so upset saying she dosnet understand why port of spain tell people that. She thinks the officers say 2 weeks, so they can get you out of their office and you leave happy. She told me to just wait it out cause its supposed to take 19 months :eek: which is the normal processing times and she cant do nothing until then. I also explained about the ARC and she said ‘oh boy we have a minimum 6 more months to wait’. Straight up I’m in for another year. I started to cry, I literally don’t know what to do. Not only are we waiting to hear stuff we have to wait for the strike to be over, which will make them even more behind!

I know it seems like my whole process may be a little fast but my husband went back to St, Vincent last February and we have tried a few things to get him here, because we were mislead. So it has been a very long time for me too. Not to mention expensive.

MissD I know how you feel and today I thought about not only visiting him but moving there until this whole thing is over. But it might just be a crazy thought. It shouldn’t be like this and I wish that there was something that we could do.

Millsu I definitely think that have a burning ceremony is a great idea! So going to do it.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
millslu said:
thanks so much again @ zouk i k now how the process is so fustrating everytime my wife it puts a bitter taste in our mouth,when i came from the interview the VO gave me all my pics and all my extra documents it was a big pile so my wife and i said we gonna have a ceremony to burn it all when i get back home and we dnt want to have nything at all to do with immigration, its been like that from the begining of the relationship and we just need a break after this. am glad we can pass on such important info and u are right if it wasnt for this forum we would never get through this. lets continue blessing this forum, i dont know how u can do it @ zouk after getting landed to come back to this place, but i guess alot of ppl out there need our help, so sad.
It's an interesting thing you know. To be honest we were ok throughout most of the process, it was only towards the end when it seemed like POS was just toying with us for their own amusement. If you read back in this forum you can see my rants hahaha. As crazy as it felt during, all that stress and frustration just melted away the second my husband walked under that "Welcome to Canada" sign. Now don't get me wrong, I NEVER want to fill out another immigration application as long as I live but... checking back in to see how others are doing, it just feels kinda right. And like you said, so many people need the help. If I can help even one person reunite with their family, then that's an awesome thing :)

inlimbo2012 said:
Great news! POS used to be pretty good at returning passports in 2 weeks, but over the past yr, it's been hit or miss. They held on to ours for over 4 weeks, for no reason whatsoever. And I believe the only reason we finally got it was cause we harassed the hell out of them. So if you still haven't heard anything by this Friday, send them a CSE. Put "urgent" in the subject line so that they'll open it.

gigi_411 said:
I spoke to my MP office today and she was very informative. It was also extremely depressing to talk to her. She told me that they are on strike and we don't know when they will be back to work. So we are all on hold until then.
The reason for my call to her was why I haven't heard anything from the interview date when the officer told my husband it would be 2 weeks. And the lady I spoke with was so upset saying she dosnet understand why port of spain tell people that. She thinks the officers say 2 weeks, so they can get you out of their office and you leave happy. She told me to just wait it out cause its supposed to take 19 months :eek: which is the normal processing times and she cant do nothing until then. I also explained about the ARC and she said ‘oh boy we have a minimum 6 more months to wait'. Straight up I'm in for another year. I started to cry, I literally don't know what to do. Not only are we waiting to hear stuff we have to wait for the strike to be over, which will make them even more behind!
Hey Gigi, I'm really hoping that you're not in for another 6 months of waiting! Unfortunately I have zero experience with ARCs, so I really can't offer any insight into that timing. POS used to be decent with the time after the interview, like about a month or so, but lately they seem to be all over the place. I would send them a CSE and ask them to at least give you some concrete indication as to how long you can expect to wait, cause believe me, they know. I'm rooting for ya!