Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Re: Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CdnandTrini said:
Hi Behopeful - thanks for sharing your update. It sounds like a generic response to me; however, I do not have enough experience to even hazard a guess. I am surprised that they responded at all, so quickly too. That has got to mean something positive. From what I have read on this forum many people that send CSE's to POS and the Kingston JA office never get replies.
Thanks FAD and CndAndTrini... I am trying not to read too much into the email. I have to jut take it for face value, I guess. I keep thinking maybe it means something is wrong with our application but I know it is a fairly generic email.
FAD: when you got a reply from POS was it sent from an Agent? Any communication (IE. when I updated my address) the email correspondance has been sent directly from a CIC agent and will say the persons badge number. Was that the case with your correspondance? Mine was just generic with POS information at the bottom. Do you think it is too early for them to have decided if I need an interview? Just wondering out of curiosity and if I don't hear anything will order notes around the 8 month mark. MissD any luck with your notes?

Millslu... I would agree with CndAndTrini about the interview. You will do great!

Bim2Cdn

Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jan 2013 (police cert redo & photo)
AOR Received.
April 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011 & Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent Apr 2013
LANDED..........
Apr 2013
Hi Forum Family,
Been super busy with our newborn these past few weeks and haven't had the time to be online, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys still waiting some hope......I finally got my COPR!!!!!!!!!!!

I know many of you are going crazy second guessing your ability to convince the VO that your relationships are legit and/or that you have filled out the application as thoroughly as can be....don't lose your mind over the application...it's not you, it's them! POS is just really sloooooow!!!

As I've said before, my application was straight forward....first marriage for hubby and me, no children (at time of the application), married and lived together for a few years before application..and POS didn't call me in for an interview, nor did they ask for additional proof.....so why did it take them so long to issue my COPR? .....they are just SLOW!!
So to quickly update on how the last few months went:

Jan 25: POS requested med redo, new Police Cert & 1 new photo
Jan 30: Medical redone and Police Cert & photo submitted
early Feb: CSE sent asking them to confirm receipt of above
same day: reply from POS confirming receipt & stating Meds would take 1 month to be processed
2 or 3 days later: POS emails asking if I received notification that I need to redo meds and submit new Police Cert & photo, and if so, have I done the meds or submitted the items :eek: ??? ::)
same day: I reply telling them that they have already confirmed receipt of the above!!
No reply !
mid Feb: Baby's Birth Cert & Updated "Additional Family Members" form submitted
every week in March: sent CSEs reminding that the 1month period for Meds had gone
No replies!
Apr 17:pOS emails that the documents are ready
same day, same hour: I respond to tell them that courier arrangements have been made....
...they don't send the documents until Fri Apr 19th
COPR received Mon Apr 22 (document says it was issued since April 8th!!!!!)
Landed Thurs Apr 25 (told PR card will be mailed 4-6 weeks)
Applied for OHIP and SIN (told cards will be mailed 4-6 weeks as well [OHIP will have standard 3month wait period..won't be valid until end of July])

Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews, and to all still waiting to hear from POS... don't lose hope...you are 1 day closer to being home!!!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Bim2Cdn said:
Hi Forum Family,
Been super busy with our newborn these past few weeks and haven't had the time to be online, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys still waiting some hope......I finally got my COPR!!!!!!!!!!!

I know many of you are going crazy second guessing your ability to convince the VO that your relationships are legit and/or that you have filled out the application as thoroughly as can be....don't lose your mind over the application...it's not you, it's them! POS is just really sloooooow!!!

As I've said before, my application was straight forward....first marriage for hubby and me, no children (at time of the application), married and lived together for a few years before application..and POS didn't call me in for an interview, nor did they ask for additional proof.....so why did it take them so long to issue my COPR? .....they are just SLOW!!

same day: reply from POS confirming receipt & stating Meds would take 1 month to be processed
2 or 3 days later: POS emails asking if I received notification that I need to redo meds and submit new Police Cert & photo, and if so, have I done the meds or submitted the items :eek: ??? ::)
same day: I reply telling them that they have already confirmed receipt of the above!!
No reply !
every week in March: sent CSEs reminding that the 1month period for Meds had gone
No replies!
same day, same hour: I respond to tell them that courier arrangements have been made....
Applied for OHIP and SIN (told cards will be mailed 4-6 weeks as well [OHIP will have standard 3month wait period..won't be valid until end of July])

Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews, and to all still waiting to hear from POS... don't lose hope...you are 1 day closer to being home!!!
good job bim2cnd congration, trution its always good when u can hand down inspirational notes for us and we thank yu for it trust me we need it baddly. the craazziness is all over for you and now u continue with your lovely family. god bless and stay in touch from time to time.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Bim2Cdn said:
Hi Forum Family,

No reply !
No replies!

Thank you for coming in and giving us all a little hope. It's long and slow but we will all get there eventually. Your story truly shows just the chaos and confusion that is going on with CIC.
Thanks again for sharing and enjoy the new baby and all your time together!

loving wife

Star Member
Sep 29, 2012
montreal quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
P O S
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1- 5-2012
AOR Received.
23- 4- 2012
File Transfer...
3-15-2012( CSQ approved
Med's Done....
15 -11-2011
Interview........
12-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP 12-12-2012
LANDED..........
18-12-2012
Congrats Bim2Cdn,welcome to canada

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013

Behopeful said:
Thanks FAD and CndAndTrini... I am trying not to read too much into the email. I have to jut take it for face value, I guess. I keep thinking maybe it means something is wrong with our application but I know it is a fairly generic email.
FAD: when you got a reply from POS was it sent from an Agent? Any communication (IE. when I updated my address) the email correspondance has been sent directly from a CIC agent and will say the persons badge number. Was that the case with your correspondance? Mine was just generic with POS information at the bottom. Do you think it is too early for them to have decided if I need an interview? Just wondering out of curiosity and if I don't hear anything will order notes around the 8 month mark. MissD any luck with your notes?

Millslu... I would agree with CndAndTrini about the interview. You will do great!
Hey Behopeful,

I am not sure who it was sent from. It was not a generic email and no it did not have the person's badge number. I think it was one of the local staff who responded to me and not an actual officer. I am just guessing here though. Umm was I supposed to inform them of a change in address? I just updated it on the cic website.

About the interview, I think they decide off the bat if u need an interview once an officer reviews your file. Again I am guessing.

I am going to order my notes soon to see what is up.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Bim2Cdn said:
Hi Forum Family,

No reply !
No replies!

Hello Bim2Cdn and Congratulaions on your new baby and welcome to Canada!!! Such exciting news, I hope you and your husband were able to be together when your baby was born. Thank you very much for making the time to share your update and it is quite amazing how one little baby can turn our lives (happily) inside out. We all needed to hear some good news and confirmation that the POS office is still operating :). Enjoy all of the blessings you and your family have received and may it continue with your new adventures in Canada. :D

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!

fromadistance said:
Hey Behopeful,

I am not sure who it was sent from. It was not a generic email and no it did not have the person's badge number. I think it was one of the local staff who responded to me and not an actual officer. I am just guessing here though. Umm was I supposed to inform them of a change in address? I just updated it on the cic website.

About the interview, I think they decide off the bat if u need an interview once an officer reviews your file. Again I am guessing.

I am going to order my notes soon to see what is up.
Hi FAD...
I don't think you need to update them when you change addresses. I was trying to update online but for some reason it wasn't co-operating. I ended up calling CIC and was informed I had to send an email to update my address. I sent the email, received confirmation it was received and received confirmation again when the address and phone number were updated.
Did you ever send more documents to support your application? Let me know when you are thinking of ordering notes and I may consider doing the same a few weeks after you, given the fact our applications are close in timelines!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Behopeful said:

Hi Behopeful, if you sent the CSE, they are only responding and I do not think you have anything at all to worry about as a result of that. It's enough we all have to worry about being away from our loved ones :( I think you getting a quick generic response is a good sign. If there was a problem you would have received a different e-mail. Also from what I understand the e-mails from CIC in Canada do usually contain some details about the agent, initials or as you said a number - I do not think that ever happens in the POS or Kingston JA offices.

It may be a bit too early for them to have evaluated if an interview is required as you only submitted your app mid. Dec. 2012. However we all know POS does not really follow any rhyme or reason sometimes so that is my personal opinion. Millslu may be able to shed more light on this as he is going for an interview and if you do some searching on the forum or google, you can get some results more specific. Blessings.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!

CdnandTrini said:
Hi Behopeful, if you sent the CSE, they are only responding and I do not think you have anything at all to worry about as a result of that. It's enough we all have to worry about being away from our loved ones :( I think you getting a quick generic response is a good sign. If there was a problem you would have received a different e-mail. Also from what I understand the e-mails from CIC in Canada do usually contain some details about the agent, initials or as you said a number - I do not think that ever happens in the POS or Kingston JA offices.

It may be a bit too early for them to have evaluated if an interview is required as you only submitted your app mid. Ded. 2012. However we all know POS does not really follow any rhyme or reason sometimes so that is my personal opinion. Millslu may be able to shed more light on this as he is going for an interview and if you do some searching on the forum or google, you can get some results more specific. Blessings.
Thanks CdnandTrini! I'm not thinking about it anymore (easier said then done) but I can't control, change or even analyze it to know what they are thinking or doing so I might as well let it be.
Any plans to go to Trinidad any time soon? I'm hoping to travel in August. We just got back 2 weeks ago. I wish I could stay there until my husband is due to come back... In a dream world though! Thanks again for your reassuring words!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
CONGRATS Bim2Cdn - that's GREAT news and long-awaited on your end. I will update in the spreadsheet.

Hope all of the rest of you are doing well! I have another exam this week, so I've been quiet, but I'm reading daily!!!

Of note, yes, do let them know if you change your address and Behopeful, it's GOOD news that you received a reply, whether it is generic or not. I dont think I've EVER received one of any sort. lol

Hang in there everyone. Millslu, get ready to kill that interview!!

xoxo

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Behopeful said:
Thanks CdnandTrini! I'm not thinking about it anymore (easier said then done) but I can't control, change or even analyze it to know what they are thinking or doing so I might as well let it be.
Any plans to go to Trinidad any time soon? I'm hoping to travel in August. We just got back 2 weeks ago. I wish I could stay there until my husband is due to come back... In a dream world though! Thanks again for your reassuring words!
Hi Behopeful, I have no immediate plans to go back as I was there for 6 weeks between Nov. 2012 and Jan. 2013. That was the longest "chunk" of time my husband and I have ever been together in the 6 years we have known each other as he has never been able to travel here. So our 2012/2013 time was planned so we could get married and complete the paperwork together and gather all the documents needed (and medicals) from him and my step-children. Only one of the 3 kids had a passport, we had to get 2 more and a President's license to marry, marriage certificate etc. etc.

If you can believe it, it took the entire time we were there to complete everything and we actually did the medicals on the very last day (so they would last longer and from the Dr.'s office my hubby dropped me off at the airport to fly home!! All I can say is that we have missed each other MISERABLY :'( :( :mad: since we have been apart and we are hoping to see each other again within the next few months even for a week if that is all we can manage. I know I am preaching to the choir here but it feels good to know that other people can relate and sympathize with this crazy situation. We both have to work and until we win the PR or other lottery :D we have to tough it out. As you so rightly noted - much easier said than done!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
MissDominica said:
CONGRATS Bim2Cdn - that's GREAT news and long-awaited on your end. I will update in the spreadsheet.

Hope all of the rest of you are doing well! I have another exam this week, so I've been quiet, but I'm reading daily!!!

Of note, yes, do let them know if you change your address and Behopeful, it's GOOD news that you received a reply, whether it is generic or not. I dont think I've EVER received one of any sort. lol

Hang in there everyone. Millslu, get ready to kill that interview!!

xoxo
Hi MissD,

I didnt let them know of the change of address I just filled it out on ECAS. Do I still have to inform POS?

tHANKS

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
fromadistance said:
Hi MissD,

I didnt let them know of the change of address I just filled it out on ECAS. Do I still have to inform POS?

tHANKS
The change of address form on e-cas is fine, as long as it submitted properly. Sometimes it gives you an error message. :)

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hey everyone!
So today my husband receives another email from CIC. It has his UCI number (which we already knew from his previous wok permit) and basically states your application was received Dec. 13/2012. This was the date it was received in Mississauga. The email goes on to say how to check the application status, when to contact CIC and information about immigrating to Canada.
Has anyone got a similar email at this point in their application? Is this what an AOR looks like? Again it's fairly generic and there is no sense to it. Just wondering others thoughts...