Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
2011-11-22
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2012-08-21
Yes . I Beleive something is messed up there.
It's all up to my lawyer to take care of this . I guess I will know tomorrow .

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012

figlove2010

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
CAN'T WAIT:) *cross fingers*
Good Day everyone, quick question.... on the Schedule A background / Declaration form, question 8....where it ask state your recent activities... well my recent activity is that i am currently employed....sooo under "from" i place the date of which i got employed...but under "to" what date shall i put.....being that i still work here....???

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Good day everyone

Have a question re applying outland while in Canada. I am getting married soon to a Vincentian who at present is on visiting permit. He is applying for extension in Nov (due to leave Jan 9,2013). On one of the forms he needs to fill out it asks if you have lived together. Should he answer yes as he is visiting me (living with me) but still has his place in St. Vincent and send a note to explain he was living with me while he was visiting me.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
LeisaP said:
have you tried life insurance through your bank, I think BMO has some life insurances where you can add the beneficiary it doesnt matter which country.
because my common-law got some accidental death insurance through bmo and they let him add me, and all they asked for was my name, and birthdate im pretty sure.
try at your bank? they might have some options that would work.
:)
Thanks LeisaP! I will look into that :) I wonder if I can get the same type of insurance through BMO even though they are not my bank. Thanks

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
figlove2010 said:
Good Day everyone, quick question.... on the Schedule A background / Declaration form, question 8....where it ask state your recent activities... well my recent activity is that i am currently employed....sooo under "from" i place the date of which i got employed...but under "to" what date shall i put.....being that i still work here....???
That is a good point. Our immigration consultant advised us to write "present" in that situation, to avoid the VO questioning whether or not you're still employed there.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Nigea said:
Good day everyone

Have a question re applying outland while in Canada. I am getting married soon to a Vincentian who at present is on visiting permit. He is applying for extension in Nov (due to leave Jan 9,2013). On one of the forms he needs to fill out it asks if you have lived together. Should he answer yes as he is visiting me (living with me) but still has his place in St. Vincent and send a note to explain he was living with me while he was visiting me.
Our immigration consultant told us that any time post-marriage can be documented as living together. Just be sure to explain it somewhere, like in your cover letter or relationship history, so they don't get confused.

mysticsher

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-12-03
Doc's Request.
New PC 2012-08-21
AOR Received.
2012-03-23
File Transfer...
2012-01-30
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
2011-11-22
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2012-08-21
Wow . You Guys are going to laugh at the response from my lawyer .
He said my husband need another pc because they need to check if any criminal
Activity was done during the wait . I don't buy that .
If that was the case this lawyer should have let us know before
and could have another pc available it required.

So now this will take another 8 weeks !

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
mysticsher said:
Wow . You Guys are going to laugh at the response from my lawyer .
He said my husband need another pc because they need to check if any criminal
Activity was done during the wait . I don't buy that .
If that was the case this lawyer should have let us know before
and could have another pc available it required.

So now this will take another 8 weeks !
Wow...that makes absolutely no sense! Were that the case, then it would be standard procedure that everyone submits a new PC upon receiving PPR. The only thing I can think of is if you were selected for some random quality check or something.

Is there no way you can get around this? Would they accept a state PC, since those only take a week or so? We went along with our new PC request because it only takes a day to get in Dominica, but an 8-10 week FBI clearance is a whole other matter!

mysticsher

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-12-03
Doc's Request.
New PC 2012-08-21
AOR Received.
2012-03-23
File Transfer...
2012-01-30
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
2011-11-22
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2012-08-21
He lives in the US so they need a Us pc but that is ridiculous.
I'm going to talk to POS myself .

Jerrynyc

Apr 2, 2012
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012 & 23-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2012
LANDED..........
SOON 12-22-2012
Guys this is what we got per mysticsher

Please look at the passport section, says scannable passport needed, I have a Guyana passport withou scans that expires next 2years. What should I do about this, is it just a computer default that I should just ignore?

Pos wants these within 60 days but if I try to get a new passport it will take 2 months, no time to mail over to pos

HELP

Dear applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

I am pleased to advise that your application appears to be ready for a final decision and visa issuance. The final decision can only be made when you have met the following requirements:

1) Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Sponsored members of the Family Class
If your sponsor has not already done so your sponsor is required to pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee to the Case Processing Centre in Canada. A request for this payment has already been sent to your sponsor from the Case Processing Centre.

All other applicants
If you have not already done so you are required to pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The fee, CAD$490.00 each for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable), must be submitted to our office according to the enclosed instructions.

Methods of payment

Trinidad and Tobago: You can deposit the fee directly to the High Commission of Canada Account at any Scotiabank branch in Trinidad and Tobago. You will specify that you are submitting payment for the Right of Permanent Residence and you will receive a receipt indicating that. The deposit can be made in TT$ as the bank will convert the local currency at the time of the deposit. The bank will charge a small fee for this service.

Guyana: The fee can be paid at the High Commission of Canada in Guyana. Payment must be with a certified bank draft in Canadian dollars payable to the “High Commission of Canada” and must be drawn on a Canadian bank.

Outside of Trinidad & Tobago and Guyana: You may submit your payment by certified bank draft. Payment must be made in Canadian dollars, payable to the “High Commission of Canada” and must be drawn on a Canadian bank.

2) Passports

You must submit a valid passport for yourself and each accompanying family member.
NOTE – Your visa(s) will be valid until 12 months from the date of your medical examination(s) or the expiry date of your passport(s), whichever is earlier.

Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia and St. Vincent must submit photocopies of ALL pages of every passport. They should not submit their original passports. This is due to the fact that no visas need to be placed in their passports.

Citizens of Guyana - only machine readable Guyanese passports will be accepted

3) Photographs

One (1) current passport-type photograph, meeting the enclosed specifications for each member of your family, with the name of each person written on the back.
Do not staple or glue these photos to anything

4) Personal information

Complete the following information for yourself and each accompanying family member. Please enclose an extra page with this information if this space is insufficient.

Name Eye Colour Height (cm)
____________________________ _____________ ____________

5) Other requirements (only if in red ink)

☐ An immigration medical exam, please see the attached instructions. If you reside outside of Trinidad, it is recommended that you indicate to the designated medical practitioner that you wish to have your results sent by courier to ensure prompt delivery (you must pay any added cost). Please note that medical conditions requiring further tests will cause a delay in processing; you will be informed by our office should additional tests be required.

☐ An updated police certificate from _____________________________ for each family member over the age of 18.

☐ Original birth certificate / divorce certificate / notarized consent for

☐ Other: FBI Police Clearance (see attached)

A final decision cannot be made on your application until the Right of Permanent Residence Fee has been paid and all of the above-noted documents have been received.

They must be received in this office within SIXTY (60) days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in your application being refused.

Submit the documents, including this letter, as soon as possible to the following address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Room 007
P.O. Box 565
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

Residents of Guyana
You may choose to submit your documents to the High Commission of Canada in Georgetown for forwarding to Port of Spain

Residents of Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent, and St. Kitts-Nevis
You must contact their local courier service e.g. DHL or FEDEX to make arrangements for the pre-paid return of your passports.
[/color]

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
mysticsher said:
He lives in the US so they need a Us pc but that is ridiculous.
I'm going to talk to POS myself .
Ok, but I meant state PC as in one of the united states :)

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Jerrynyc said:

Please look at the passport section, says scannable passport needed, I have a Guyana passport withou scans that expires next 2years. What should I do about this, is it just a computer default that I should just ignore?

Pos wants these within 60 days but if I try to get a new passport it will take 2 months, no time to mail over to pos

HELP

Citizens of Guyana - only machine readable Guyanese passports will be accepted
I'm no expert on Guayanese passports, but the fact that they've singled them out makes me think it has to be machine-readable. If they had just made a blanket statement for all countries, then there might be some leeway, but it's specific to one country, so I'd get confirmation from them before sending in yours.

I'm still puzzled about the FBI request, they really need to explain that to you. Not to mention, they should know it takes at least 7 weeks, so how would they expect you to get this to them in 60 days? I also noted they asked for new medicals - aren't yours valid until Oct??

I would seriously try to get someone from the VO to answer some questions for you. Phone, email, try until you make contact.

NatLey

Jul 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jerrynyc said:

HELP

No, you shouldn't ignore it. Guyana has changed their passport to the one with bar code and machine readable. A friend of mine's husband had to fly back Guyana to make that new passport in order to get the papers finalize. I know he was in Guyana for a short period to redo it and i am pretty sure it did not take 2 months to complete.

mysticsher

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-12-03
Doc's Request.
New PC 2012-08-21
AOR Received.
2012-03-23
File Transfer...
2012-01-30
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
2011-11-22
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2012-08-21
That was the procedure between 2007- 2009
In 2010 , you don't have to fly to Guyana to get the new guyana passport.
You can get it from the guyana consulate in your country of residence .
According to the Canadian high commission website your old Guyana passport is valid until it expires .