File Transfer...
October 2009
Med's Request
June 2009
Med's Done....
June 2009
Interview........
June 2011
@acess1 and Trini777.. How did you send your mail... Since June there was a mail lockout and Canada post have a backlog of mail to pocess, I spoke to the mailman at my job and he said that it would take a couple of weeks to clear the backlog. Just a head-up any documents being forward to the CIC, send it by courier, purolator, fed ex etc. Also ur spouse would receive a client # she can use that to check the online status and that would show everything. Meaning that they sent you a letter on this date. When your application reach to POS then you would reach a immigration file number which you can check the status of your application. To be honest that doesnt help alot. Anyways good luck.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so, is there anyone going through POS who has good news to share. I can say my good new came last week the sponsorship was approved. Now i'm waiting on an AOR from POS.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Instructions for making an enquiry…
Choose ONE method of communication: email or mail. Do not send repeat enquiries and do not send the same enquiry by multiple means because this creates confusion and can delay our reply.
We will only respond to enquiries sent in one of the official languages – English or French.
Include the following with your enquiry:

file number, if available
full name
date of birth
mailing address
email address, if you agree to email communications*
telephone and fax number
nationality
…in person or by phone
In order to best use our resources, we do not accept enquiries in person or by phone. If your enquiry is urgent due to factors outside of your control, send an e-mail clearly indicating “URGENT:” followed by the reason for the urgency.

…by e-mail
Use this webform to send an e-mail to the visa section in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago for both general and case specific enquiries.

After you have sent your e-mail, you will receive an automatic message acknowledging that we have received your enquiry. This message will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered on the webform. If you do not receive this message within 24 hours, then it may be in your junk mail box or you may have entered your email address incorrectly.

*By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you have initiated an email communication with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By this action, you have authorized CIC to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the electronic disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

…by mail
High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 565
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

true guyanese

Jul 12, 2011
Hello everyone I am new to this site but was relieved when I saw they were so many other people going through the same thing as me. My husband put in for me December 2010 and by feb 2011 he was approved as a sponsor, I got a letter at the end of May saying that "no interview was necessary" and they asked for an original new (recent) birth certificate one that was issued after 2005, my passport, 1 immigration size photo along with the letter they sent to me, I had to write on that letter my height, the color of my eyes and my weight. I came to Trinidad cause I have family here and knew that I could stay with them and enjoy a little holiday while I wait. I took these documents down to the canadian embassy in port of spain myself, I was told that I would be called within 2-4 weeks I am now in my 5th week and still nothing, I am starting to get worried. I sent an email but there was no response I made sure that I put my numbers, email and address in Trinidad in the envelope with the documents I handed in, now every time the phone rings I run to answer it but it's not them calling...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

What is the maximum time the canadian embassy would keep someone's passport? :(

access1

Jul 12, 2011
trini777 said:
Hopefully it all goes well for you spiritrac.

Access1, from what you are saying the application never left Canada because it was incomplete. Presently CIC is taking 40 days to process 'completed' forms. You should call to find out if they received the last part that was missing and henceforth send your mail registered so that you can be certain your documents arrived. I'm really sorry to hear it's taken so long for it to reach even this far
but im in guyana so my wife has to call from canada i guess plz advice but my wife did send the missing doc registered

access1

Jul 12, 2011
guyanesecanadiangirl said:
@ acess1 and Trini777.. How did you send your mail... Since June there was a mail lockout and Canada post have a backlog of mail to pocess, I spoke to the mailman at my job and he said that it would take a couple of weeks to clear the backlog. Just a head-up any documents being forward to the CIC, send it by courier, purolator, fed ex etc. Also ur spouse would receive a client # she can use that to check the online status and that would show everything. Meaning that they sent you a letter on this date. When your application reach to POS then you would reach a immigration file number which you can check the status of your application. To be honest that doesnt help alot. Anyways good luck.
the mail was sent registered so i hope it didnt get caught up in the lockout

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
access1 said:
the mail was sent registered so i hope it didnt get caught up in the lockout
registered mail goes thru Canada post do you mean courier which are FEDEX, UPS DHL, i sent a registered mail yesterday and tracked it on the canada post website and it says item delayed due to backlog and I paid Express fee thru Canada post

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
true guyanese said:
Hello everyone I am new to this site but was relieved when I saw they were so many other people going through the same thing as me. My husband put in for me December 2010 and by feb 2011 he was approved as a sponsor, I got a letter at the end of May saying that "no interview was necessary" and they asked for an original new (recent) birth certificate one that was issued after 2005, my passport, 1 immigration size photo along with the letter they sent to me, I had to write on that letter my height, the color of my eyes and my weight. I came to Trinidad cause I have family here and knew that I could stay with them and enjoy a little holiday while I wait. I took these documents down to the canadian embassy in port of spain myself, I was told that I would be called within 2-4 weeks I am now in my 5th week and still nothing, I am starting to get worried. I sent an email but there was no response I made sure that I put my numbers, email and address in Trinidad in the envelope with the documents I handed in, now every time the phone rings I run to answer it but it's not them calling...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

What is the maximum time the canadian embassy would keep someone's passport? :(

I havent been in this situation but from other people experience Ive seen it take usually 4-6 weeks. You have to take into consideration 'trini-time'. When they tell you one thing expect it a little later. On a positive note, at least you are near the end of your journey and it well below the average processing time they have online :D

Can4Vincy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
Doc's Request.
05-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
05-05-2011, 15-11-11, (kids)29-05-12
Interview........
23-03-2011
Passport Req..
No need to submit PP.
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2012
LANDED..........
09-08-2012
Well hello and welcome to the newcomers! Nice to see some action on the thread again lol. Tomorrow will make 16 weeks since hubbys interview and 13 weeks in process. This is crazy :eek:. So I contacted my MPs office last Tues and I have yet to hear back from them on any news. I guess nothing to do but continue 2 wait...good luck 2 all!!

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodmorning all, its ecas update day! Hopefully some of you will have good news regarding your files

“...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead”
(Philippians 3:13, NLT)

Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2009
File Transfer...
October 2009
Med's Request
June 2009
Med's Done....
June 2009
Interview........
June 2011
@ access1. Since it is register post that have to do with canada post and there is a backlog so the mail will take a bit longer. Your wife can call the CIC office and give them her client number and ask them if they receive it or not. Also for register post mail there is a tracking number she can do to canada post website and track it to see where its at. Good Luck..

@Can4Vincy.. Wow that is a long time to be waiting. Did you ever try e-mailing them and ask them what is going on. I try contacting my mp and to this date i still hasnt heard back from them not even a phone call or -email say that they acknowledge my e-mail or voice-mail. Everyone in this forum was talking about CAIP notes, not sure if you want to order it. it just 5 dollars and i think you get it in a month time. Do not know too much about it, since I only knew about that on this forum. My husband had his interview June and the ending of june a decision has been made, dont know if becasue i send them an e-mail and fax outlining that the IO say that she would get back to him in a couple of weeks and since we have a child together saying it is hard to manage her with a full-time job. Plus on my mat leave we spend the year with him. Been married for two years and that is how long I start his sponsership. Anyways good luck to you and to everyone else.

Can4Vincy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
Doc's Request.
05-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
05-05-2011, 15-11-11, (kids)29-05-12
Interview........
23-03-2011
Passport Req..
No need to submit PP.
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2012
LANDED..........
09-08-2012
Guyanesecanadiangirl....At the end of May our lawyer sent a fax to POS to request a status update. They didnt respond. Now it's been a week since I've talked to an MP and I havent heard back from them yet either. This is very frustrating right now. Thanks for good thoughts and best of luck to you as well.

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
why are they moving so slow? like i understand iland time but come on. i fine they movin real slow

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
I don't understand the Trinidad office either they don't seem to update very often but they do communicate, in march they sent a letter to my son asking for proof that I was living in Canada and requested his birth certificate we sent them then earlier this month they requested an original birth certificate closer to when he was born we did not have one but sent his medical and immunization records along with explanations and now we wait for passport request, our time line is not as long as can4vincy but for us this process begun last May and then we sent all the info to the Attorney handling our file in June 2010 Application was originally filed in November was returned for 1 document and refiled in December has been in POS since Jan 27