Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Thank you. All the best on your next journey in life in Canada.

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
ShazLilly said:
Sooo Happy!!!! Got my passport back today. Planning to land somewhere mid December.
In all (delivery times included) took me 3 weeks to get it back. You'll be getting it soon. ;D
I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats. A week finished since i send my passport, cant wait for it to return.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hey guys,

I haven't been on here for a while but I just have a question. Do anyone know how long it takes to reprocess an application at POS? My timeline is at the side but basically my husband had an interview, he got denied. We appealed... we didnt have a hearing, we just got allowed. So I just want to know how long it will take POS to reprocess our application?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CanadianVincy said:
Hey guys,

I haven't been on here for a while but I just have a question. Do anyone know how long it takes to reprocess an application at POS? My timeline is at the side but basically my husband had an interview, he got denied. We appealed... we didnt have a hearing, we just got allowed. So I just want to know how long it will take POS to reprocess our application?
Hi CV, the only one that I can recall from a refusal (on this thread) was MissDominica (you can search her and check out her posts from Dec. 2014 and Jan. 2015).

I think this link will get you there:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/MissDominica-u256818.html;sa,showPosts

She and her hubby were processed in under 3 months - 75 days actually - from submitting a new application to her hubby getting his PPR. I think (and hope) that CIC might try to do the post/appeal/refusal cases faster on the second go round.

But as always, we are never really 100% sure with immigration. Congrats on hanging in there and soon it will all be worthwhile.

Blessings.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hey CdnandTrini

Thank u very much. I really hope it takes under 3 months as i have a very sick 1 year old from my husband. I just started going back to work from Mat leave and I'm not able to take much time of to take my son to his doctors appointments. I actually have no one else to take him either. It's really affecting my job and I really need my husband here to help me out.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hey Cdnandtrini

I actually just looked at MissDominicas posts and she reapplied after getting denied at the interview. I'll tell u my story. My timeline is on the side. I appealed after my husband got denied because VO felt like our relationship wasn't genuine. So I hired a lawyer got a court date on Nov 24 and it was suppose to be a full hearing. When I got there literally the judge looked at the case and allowed it. He didnt even ask me or the lawyer any questions. He just said this is a genuine relationship.

So now I just wanted to know how long it will take for my hubby to get ppr. My lawyer told me to apply for a TRP (temporary residents permit) because I have a sick 1 year old. My son was born with kidney issues (his right kidney is bigger than his left). It is very easy for him to get infections. He had surgery at 1 month old for a different reason. Currently he has 3 small kidney stones and numerous UTI’S. I've been in the hospital with him every single month since he was born.

Now that my Mat leave is over and I have to work, I know that they won't allow me to take my son to his appointments and I don't want to get fired. So I'm not sure if POS will give us a TRP so my hubby can take care of my son and I work.

BTW my son is me and my hubby's 1st child. The VO that interviewed my hubby knew that we had a baby and knew he was sick but still denied my hubby.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CanadianVincy said:
Hey Cdnandtrini

I actually just looked at MissDominicas posts and she reapplied after getting denied at the interview. I'll tell u my story. My timeline is on the side. I appealed after my husband got denied because VO felt like our relationship wasn't genuine. So I hired a lawyer got a court date on Nov 24 and it was suppose to be a full hearing. When I got there literally the judge looked at the case and allowed it. He didnt even ask me or the lawyer any questions. He just said this is a genuine relationship.

So now I just wanted to know how long it will take for my hubby to get ppr. My lawyer told me to apply for a TRP (temporary residents permit) because I have a sick 1 year old. My son was born with kidney issues (his right kidney is bigger than his left). It is very easy for him to get infections. He had surgery at 1 month old for a different reason. Currently he has 3 small kidney stones and numerous UTI’S. I've been in the hospital with him every single month since he was born.

Now that my Mat leave is over and I have to work, I know that they won't allow me to take my son to his appointments and I don't want to get fired. So I'm not sure if POS will give us a TRP so my hubby can take care of my son and I work.

BTW my son is me and my hubby's 1st child. The VO that interviewed my hubby knew that we had a baby and knew he was sick but still denied my hubby.
Hello CV and so sorry to hear about your son and the appalling :'( way the VO treated your initial application. It is truly terrible to have a sick baby and then all of this other stuff on your head. I will say some extra prayers for you, your son and your husband. As far as the matter of a temporary resident permit (TRP) for your husband goes, your lawyer might need to get up to speed on the advice she/he is offering. A TRP is only granted in the following situations:

"An inadmissibility or non-compliance

Inadmissibility: means there is a medical condition, recent or past criminal conviction(s), financial concern(s), you misrepresented information in your application or there are serious criminal concerns that cause you to be inadmissible under the Act and prevent you from entering or remaining in Canada without a TRP.

Non-compliance: means you directly or indirectly failed to satisfy the requirements of the Act or Regulations. Some examples are as follows:
•you were not examined when you entered Canada;
•you did not obtain a temporary resident visa (TRV);
•your visa expired before you entered Canada;
•you did not have a passport or it expired before you entered Canada;
•you overstayed your period of authorized stay; or
•you worked or studied without authorization (a permit)."

I would e-mail the above to your lawyer and see how they respond.

So unless your husband falls into one of the above scenarios a TRP is not viable. You could certainly apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa) for him; however, I do not want you to get your hopes up because they are generally refused for most people with a spousal application in process.

Even though CIC has some guidelines in place for what is called "dual intent" (see link below) it could still be difficult to get approved.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp Supposedly they consider TRVs for people with permanent applications in process according to their own rules, I just have not seen it happen very often for spouses.

However, it cannot hurt to try so if it was me, I would still try for the TRV and I would use some of the language stated on CIC's website (again see the link above) to argue my case. Dual intent is specifically used for people who do have an application in process but still want to come to Canada to visit while the permanent application is in the queue.

If you or your husband are any good at paperwork then you can apply online via CIC's website. All you need to do is to organize and compile all of the information up front, have access to a computer and decent scanner and be able to pay by credit card. They do ask for a lot of information (as usual :-[) - personal, financial, educational, family, detailed letter of invitation, valid passport and in your case, a detailed letter of explanation regarding your son's medical needs, doctor's letter, etc.

The good thing is though, that it can all be done a lot more quickly than the spousal app. and you go through a mini eligibility questionnaire first that will tell you what documents are required. I am up to speed on this one because I just submitted TRVs for my step-children and they all got approved with passports ready to pick up in 8 days from start to finish. This was after I spent almost 6 weeks organizing their paperwork though, so keep that in mind.

Hold onto the hope that your 2nd application should be processed faster and if you do not mind me asking - did you do your first application yourself or did the aforementioned lawyer submit it on your behalf? And do you have to submit an entirely new application or did you get some kind of special number or letter from immigration after your appeal was allowed to submit with your 2nd app?

Blessings.

p.s. I just found another POS applicant from 2014 (think the husband was from Grenada) who was denied and won their appeal, and they were reprocessed by POS VO within 5 months. So again, it seems you will get through in a shorter amount of time but I would still apply for a TRV. The fee is $100.00 plus whatever the charge for a courier and I think the Visa Application Centre (VAC) charges another $21.05 on top of that for delivery of passport. (You may want to confirm this one).

Reactions: ryanr

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Re: Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Thank u very much for the information. I will still try. I emailed POS but they haven't replied back to me yet. I think our file isn't there yet but I hope I doesn't take long. Please keep us in ur prayers.

CdnandTrini said:
Hello CV and so sorry to hear about your son and the appalling :'( way the VO treated your initial application. It is truly terrible to have a sick baby and then all of this other stuff on your head. I will say some extra prayers for you, your son and your husband. As far as the matter of a temporary resident permit (TRP) for your husband goes, your lawyer might need to get up to speed on the advice she/he is offering. A TRP is only granted in the following situations:

"An inadmissibility or non-compliance

Inadmissibility: means there is a medical condition, recent or past criminal conviction(s), financial concern(s), you misrepresented information in your application or there are serious criminal concerns that cause you to be inadmissible under the Act and prevent you from entering or remaining in Canada without a TRP.

Non-compliance: means you directly or indirectly failed to satisfy the requirements of the Act or Regulations. Some examples are as follows:
•you were not examined when you entered Canada;
•you did not obtain a temporary resident visa (TRV);
•your visa expired before you entered Canada;
•you did not have a passport or it expired before you entered Canada;
•you overstayed your period of authorized stay; or
•you worked or studied without authorization (a permit)."

I would e-mail the above to your lawyer and see how they respond.

So unless your husband falls into one of the above scenarios a TRP is not viable. You could certainly apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa) for him; however, I do not want you to get your hopes up because they are generally refused for most people with a spousal application in process.

Even though CIC has some guidelines in place for what is called "dual intent" (see link below) it could still be difficult to get approved.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp Supposedly they consider TRVs for people with permanent applications in process according to their own rules, I just have not seen it happen very often for spouses.

However, it cannot hurt to try so if it was me, I would still try for the TRV and I would use some of the language stated on CIC's website (again see the link above) to argue my case. Dual intent is specifically used for people who do have an application in process but still want to come to Canada to visit while the permanent application is in the queue.

If you or your husband are any good at paperwork then you can apply online via CIC's website. All you need to do is to organize and compile all of the information up front, have access to a computer and decent scanner and be able to pay by credit card. They do ask for a lot of information (as usual :-[) - personal, financial, educational, family, detailed letter of invitation, valid passport and in your case, a detailed letter of explanation regarding your son's medical needs, doctor's letter, etc.

The good thing is though, that it can all be done a lot more quickly than the spousal app. and you go through a mini eligibility questionnaire first that will tell you what documents are required. I am up to speed on this one because I just submitted TRVs for my step-children and they all got approved with passports ready to pick up in 8 days from start to finish. This was after I spent almost 6 weeks organizing their paperwork though, so keep that in mind.

Hold onto the hope that your 2nd application should be processed faster and if you do not mind me asking - did you do your first application yourself or did the aforementioned lawyer submit it on your behalf? And do you have to submit an entirely new application or did you get some kind of special number or letter from immigration after your appeal was allowed to submit with your 2nd app?

Blessings.

p.s. I just found another POS applicant from 2014 (think the husband was from Grenada) who was denied and won their appeal, and they were reprocessed by POS VO within 5 months. So again, it seems you will get through in a shorter amount of time but I would still apply for a TRV. The fee is $100.00 plus whatever the charge for a courier and I think the Visa Application Centre (VAC) charges another $21.05 on top of that for delivery of passport. (You may want to confirm this one).

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Does anyone know how long it literally takes after the an e-mail and update November 28, 2016 saying the file is processing. The Applicant was submitted on October 21, 2016. My part was completed and now they've sent everything to port of spain office to process my husband part.

Thanks All.

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
MonzB said:
Does anyone know how long it literally takes after the an e-mail and update November 28, 2016 saying the file is processing. The Applicant was submitted on October 21, 2016. My part was completed and now they've sent everything to port of spain office to process my husband part.

Thanks All.
My file is in Port of Spain 11 months now still saying in process. Interview was done in September, pp has been sent three weeks now and still saying in process

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
kingyatta said:
My file is in Port of Spain 11 months now still saying in process. Interview was done in September, pp has been sent three weeks now and still saying in process
Thanks...11 months??? that's long is your spouse from Trinidad? mine is from Guyana and it says process time is 10 months for Guyana and 9 months for Trinidad...

That's a long wait...

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
MonzB said:
Thanks...11 months??? that's long is your spouse from Trinidad? mine is from Guyana and it says process time is 10 months for Guyana and 9 months for Trinidad...

That's a long wait...
Spouse is from Guyana

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
kingyatta said:
Spouse is from Guyana
looks like most of your important parts were completed though, so that's an amazing thing...Goodluck and All the best to you both!

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Hello... I would like some assistance in figuring this out. I checked online today and it says I was sent a correspondence on the 7th of November. Now the last letters received were saying that we got Sponsorship approval and that the file was transfered to POS those we're dated the 20th and the 26th. We haven't received anything else since. Could that have been from Trinidad saying the received my application? And what should be my next step saying that I have not received anything?