Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Enjoy and love each other! so happy for you.
My hubby is here until Christmas...
We are hoping that maybe we will hear something before then but who knows...
December will be 7 months since SA but the cic says up to 17 months, I hope it isn't that long we are getting older by the minute.
;D ;D ;D

mrs.trini said:
It's amazing , Im so complete now lol.
I still can't believe it sometimes.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I got a reply today.... with a letter dated just yesterday
We are going for an interview in Trinidad on October 29th!

I am nervous but really excited that at least we can start to move things forward.

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Canadianinlove said:
I got a reply today.... with a letter dated just yesterday
We are going for an interview in Trinidad on October 29th!

I am nervous but really excited that at least we can start to move things forward.
That's great that you finally know what's going on !
But I feel nervous for you too.
I wish you both luck.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
thank you.
I am trying to remain calm. If I show any signs of being nervous or worried my hubby will start to get himself worked up and worried.

I just want to get it over with.

mrs.trini said:
That's great that you finally know what's going on !
But I feel nervous for you too.
I wish you both luck.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Canadianinlove said:
thank you.
I am trying to remain calm. If I show any signs of being nervous or worried my hubby will start to get himself worked up and worried.

I just want to get it over with.
Hey Canadianinlove, I can relate to what your husband is experiencing the feeling of having an interview.I had an interview recently in Port of Spain office which went pretty well,was nervous to be truthful.What he has to do is get all the info he can about you and your family members and just be truthful to the officer.

Some of the Questions was asked
1) What is your wife name and birth date? (2)When did you get married? (3)where did you get married? (4)Why Spouse is not present at interview? (if not present) (5) Why did you get married? (6)How long have you been married? (7) what is the purpose of your marriage?(8) Did you get married soley for the purpose of gaining Canadian Citizenship? (9) 10)Did you have a marriage ceremony? (11)When and what address the marriage ceremony was held? (12)What date was the marriage held? (13)How many people family members of yours and hers was present at the marriage ceremony? (14) Did you have a marriage reception? (15) Where and what date and place? (16)How many people family members attended the reception from your family and hers? (17)Did your parents attend the wedding ceremony? (18)Did her parents attended the wedding Ceremony? (19)Did any one accompany her to the wedding?(Depend on if the spouse had to travel from Canada to the wedding and family members or friend accompanied her) 20)Did you go on a honeymoon? (21)Where and when did you go on your honeymoon? (22)How many children your wife have? (23)What are their names and how old are they? (24)What country were they born? (25)How many kids do you have? (26)What are their names and how old are they? (27)What country they were born? (28)I have noticed you have such and such on you application why did you omitted that? (just be truthful in your explanation) 29)How many brothers and sisters your spouse have? (30)What are their names? (31)Do you have any relatives that lives in Canada and where do they live? (32)How often do you and your spouse communicate? (33) How do you communicate by phone e mails etc? (34)When you talk what are some of the things you will talk about? (35)What are some of the things she has told you that she has not told anyone else about herself? (36) What would you say is her favorite color? (37)What your spouse does for a living? (38)Where does your spouse Work? (39)How much does your spouse make P/Yr? (40) What do you do for a living and what does your job entails? (41)How much money do you make P/Yr? (42)What is the address of place of employment? (43)Do you send her money? (44)How do you send the money to her ?(45) Do she send money to you? (46)How do she send the money to you? (47)Did your spouse visited you? (48)How many times you think your spouse visited you? (49)Where are some of the places you go when your spouse visits you? (50) Have you ever applied for a Canadian visa or been rejected for a Canadian visa? (51)When did you applied for the Visa? (52)Have you ever lived in any other country other than your country? (53)Where are (address)you going to live if granted P/R to Canada? (54)What type of work are you going to seek when you go to Canada? (55)Did you check the job market in Canada? (56) How did you check the job market? (57)what type of educational background do you have? (58)Would you say that your spouse education is comparable to yours? (59)Are you going to attend school and further you education? (60) If I deny this application what are you going to do?(The officer would like to you to respond by saying that I would appeal this denial and if possible have my wife return to country where I reside to live with me). Now bear in mind that all the questions posed here may not be in sequence. There may be additional questions but I believe these are the make or break questions.

P.S. Do not worry about all that fancy folders they are going to have you remove all of your documents and place them in a big clear zip lock plastic bag.

With God all things are Possible

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
thank you very much for the information, I really appreciate it. Any advice is appreciated. We are hoping that after the interview we hear back quickly. I see from your timeline you interviewed in February and are still waiting.
We are trying hard to be positive but also finding it very stressful.

I just keep telling my husband we are going to be ok.

gehtrew said:
Hey Canadianinlove, I can relate to what your husband is experiencing the feeling of having an interview.I had an interview recently in Port of Spain office which went pretty well,was nervous to be truthful.What he has to do is get all the info he can about you and your family members and just be truthful to the officer.

Some of the Questions was asked
1) What is your wife name and birth date? (2)When did you get married? (3)where did you get married? (4)Why Spouse is not present at interview? (if not present) (5) Why did you get married? (6)How long have you been married? (7) what is the purpose of your marriage?(8) Did you get married soley for the purpose of gaining Canadian Citizenship? (9) 10)Did you have a marriage ceremony? (11)When and what address the marriage ceremony was held? (12)What date was the marriage held? (13)How many people family members of yours and hers was present at the marriage ceremony? (14) Did you have a marriage reception? (15) Where and what date and place? (16)How many people family members attended the reception from your family and hers? (17)Did your parents attend the wedding ceremony? (18)Did her parents attended the wedding Ceremony? (19)Did any one accompany her to the wedding?(Depend on if the spouse had to travel from Canada to the wedding and family members or friend accompanied her) 20)Did you go on a honeymoon? (21)Where and when did you go on your honeymoon? (22)How many children your wife have? (23)What are their names and how old are they? (24)What country were they born? (25)How many kids do you have? (26)What are their names and how old are they? (27)What country they were born? (28)I have noticed you have such and such on you application why did you omitted that? (just be truthful in your explanation) 29)How many brothers and sisters your spouse have? (30)What are their names? (31)Do you have any relatives that lives in Canada and where do they live? (32)How often do you and your spouse communicate? (33) How do you communicate by phone e mails etc? (34)When you talk what are some of the things you will talk about? (35)What are some of the things she has told you that she has not told anyone else about herself? (36) What would you say is her favorite color? (37)What your spouse does for a living? (38)Where does your spouse Work? (39)How much does your spouse make P/Yr? (40) What do you do for a living and what does your job entails? (41)How much money do you make P/Yr? (42)What is the address of place of employment? (43)Do you send her money? (44)How do you send the money to her ?(45) Do she send money to you? (46)How do she send the money to you? (47)Did your spouse visited you? (48)How many times you think your spouse visited you? (49)Where are some of the places you go when your spouse visits you? (50) Have you ever applied for a Canadian visa or been rejected for a Canadian visa? (51)When did you applied for the Visa? (52)Have you ever lived in any other country other than your country? (53)Where are (address)you going to live if granted P/R to Canada? (54)What type of work are you going to seek when you go to Canada? (55)Did you check the job market in Canada? (56) How did you check the job market? (57)what type of educational background do you have? (58)Would you say that your spouse education is comparable to yours? (59)Are you going to attend school and further you education? (60) If I deny this application what are you going to do?(The officer would like to you to respond by saying that I would appeal this denial and if possible have my wife return to country where I reside to live with me). Now bear in mind that all the questions posed here may not be in sequence. There may be additional questions but I believe these are the make or break questions.

P.S. Do not worry about all that fancy folders they are going to have you remove all of your documents and place them in a big clear zip lock plastic bag.

With God all things are Possible

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Canadianinlove said:
thank you very much for the information, I really appreciate it. Any advice is appreciated. We are hoping that after the interview we hear back quickly. I see from your timeline you interviewed in February and are still waiting.
We are trying hard to be positive but also finding it very stressful.

I just keep telling my husband we are going to be ok.
Hi Canadianinlove you are very much welcome.I did my interview on the 3rd September 2015 and in Trinidad we start with the day then month and year, instead of the month day and year.
As I have mentioned in my previous post,if he study those questions he will be fine at the interview.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
oh... wow blonde moment sorry! :p

Have they given you any indication as to how long you have to wait after your interview?
My hubby is here in Canada visiting me and the plan was for him to stay with me until December but it looks like with us having to go to Trinidad for the interview that he is going to stay in Trinidad until we get a response.
We are really not sure what to expect after the interview.
I see some people get their passport stamped while at the Visa Office and others have to wait months!

Any idea? what did they tell you?

gehtrew said:
Hi Canadianinlove you are very much welcome.I did my interview on the 3rd September 2015 and in Trinidad we start with the day then month and year, instead of the month day and year.
As I have mentioned in my previous post,if he study those questions he will be fine at the interview.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Canadianinlove said:
oh... wow blonde moment sorry! :p

Have they given you any indication as to how long you have to wait after your interview?
My hubby is here in Canada visiting me and the plan was for him to stay with me until December but it looks like with us having to go to Trinidad for the interview that he is going to stay in Trinidad until we get a response.
We are really not sure what to expect after the interview.
I see some people get their passport stamped while at the Visa Office and others have to wait months!

Any idea? what did they tell you?
I think every individual case may differ,I was not given a time frame ,from what I have been seeing on this forum and others, it can take up to one day and long as four months after and interview. As regards to my case, I did have to submit additional documents and as stated in my previous post, the interview to me was very successful.One key note that I have realized at the end of the interview, the officer said to me,before "I send you to Canada" I would need these documents, so I knew that was a good sign that my application was fine.I am now in the final stages of submitting the additional documents requested,after then I am being optimistic and looking at the brighter side of things that it would be a speedy ppr for me. What your husband can do at the end of the interview, ask how long would he have to wait to hear from the Port of Spain Office.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
@gehtrew I was looking at your timeline and noticed it took 5 months :eek: before POS received your file???? Wow that's long, i thought it was at least like two months. I'm just imagining how long it will take for me to hear back at least for SA - I hate waiting lol

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
needhimback said:
@ gehtrew I was looking at your timeline and noticed it took 5 months :eek: before POS received your file???? Wow that's long, i thought it was at least like two months. I'm just imagining how long it will take for me to hear back at least for SA - I hate waiting lol
Hi needhimback,yes it actually took that long because we had some issues as regards with some of the old forms to the new forms so that kind of set us back,and yes waiting is as good as "karma"lol

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
gehtrew said:
Hi needhimback,yes it actually took that long because we had some issues as regards with some of the old forms to the new forms so that kind of set us back,and yes waiting is as good as "karma"lol
Thank you gehtrew - and good luck , hopefully you will be hearing back soon, seeing you guys finished your interview

Thejohns10

Jul 11, 2015
Hi everyone, I don't post a lot but I read everything. My husband and i had our interview today and we were approved. They interviewed both my husband and myself.

Although, we are so happy we are approved and they gave us the passport request on spot so when we got home we can send it out immediately...one small thing...the officer said we still have to do an arc; due to my husbands deportation. Luckily we are in Trinidad for a few more days and are handing it in the ARC tomorrow (the officer gave us all of the paper work for the ARC on spot as well)- the officer said it usually takes a week to process the ARC...HOPEFULLY that is accept and we are heading back to Canada soon.

Hope all is well! :)

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Thejohns10 said:
Hi everyone, I don't post a lot but I read everything. My husband and i had our interview today and we were approved. They interviewed both my husband and myself.

Although, we are so happy we are approved and they gave us the passport request on spot so when we got home we can send it out immediately...one small thing...the officer said we still have to do an arc; due to my husbands deportation. Luckily we are in Trinidad for a few more days and are handing it in the ARC tomorrow (the officer gave us all of the paper work for the ARC on spot as well)- the officer said it usually takes a week to process the ARC...HOPEFULLY that is accept and we are heading back to Canada soon.

Hope all is well! :)I
Congrats am so happy for you guys I could cry!!!! I know my hubby will get an interview because him too was deported, .....but my question is " how come the officer interviewed you too" ???? Is it because you were there with him ??? .... Because I'm thinking....... When we get to that point I think it's best I go to Trinidad to be there with my husband, even if it's just sitting outside the interview room - what was he interview like ??? Did they ask the usual questions like we see here in the post ???? Sorry for all the questions, am just curious and nervous at the same time - (we will need a ARC too )

Again congrats to you both !!!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
What fantastic news! Good for you and your hubby. It was nice that you were told right away what was happening.
We are ending to Trinidad 3 weeks today. We are going to spend time with family and then our interview. Hoping and praying for a response right away.

Congratulations again!

Thejohns10 said:

Hope all is well! :)