Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
MsRuby said:
Happy Sunday everyone!!

I printed, signed and dated all the forms that hubby need to signed as well and I mailed it to him.

Question: does he need to date the forms the same date I used last week or should he use the present date? P.s it's a long distance relationship : )

Thanks guys!
Hi MsRuby, just catching up so I do not know if anyone responded to your question but the answer is - it does not matter for the very reason you stated. So many of us are in LD relationships that the forms get sent back and forth so either way they're both accepted with the same dates or different. Our application had a few dates as the medical was done at the very end and doing the entire package was about a 3 month process from start to finish. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Faith25 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome forum friends! I'm the applicant. My hubby and his family ( parents , grandparents are Canadian born). My case has red flags, failed refugee and HC case. We got married in Jan 2013. Our file was suppose to be sent in April 2013, however, the immig consultant sent it in Sept 2013 ( lied to us). To make it worse she sent in the applications without the medical and police check. She said it's better to wait for the VO to request it since it might expire and I would have to redo it. I called her to variety again and this time around she emailed me an AOR for the first stage ( sponsor approval). She said that I should try to get the Medicals done using the AOR. When I called the doctor, she said I have to wait for the VO to send me a form with a barcode in order to do the Medicals. REALLY??? Didn't my consultant know that? Aaaaw!! I then logged to ecas and using my uci # I checked my application status. Thanks to this forum I learnt so much! That's when I realize my application was received in Sept 2013 instead of April like the consultant said. So application was sent in Sept 11 2013, file transfer Sept 27 to POS ( + CSQ request), sent CSQ and undertaking forms to MICC on Sept 28, received CSQ certificate in Oct 29.
Since then I've been waiting for news from POS. Not even an AOR!
Hi Faith what country are you from? Looks like you are immigrating to Quebec. Your immigration consultant should have definitely known better than to suggest you wait for medicals - many applications are sent back as "incomplete" without the medicals. Change consultants if you can or take over the tracking yourself. AS far as an AOR, some of the POS folks did not get them but I have found in the last year or so they have been improving a lot. They are "supposed" to be sent within 90 days of the file being received at the POS office but it can still be hit and miss. By all means send them an e-mail, I did the very same thing after about 4 months and got an e-mail response back right away confirming they did on fact have our file. Then about 2 weeks after that my husband received the "official" AOR via e-mail. Then it was not long after that we got the PPR. Check everyone's sidebar, most of us have the info. there and you can also check the spreadsheet which is a link at the bottom of my signature. Which I still have to update with some more recent events......soon!!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Faith25 said:
Question

1) Can I check my application status for stage 2 with my file number from
Stage 1? Or do I have to wait for an AOR from POS with a different #?

2) Should I email POS to ask for and AOR or should I wait another month? It's been four months since they received my file.
Hi Faith, see my prior post for an answer to #2. As far as #1 - you should have a UCI number, your sponsor will have one and then usually the applicant will also have a file or application number. I might have to think about this and get back to you, unless someone else has/can answer.......I cannot actually recall off the top of my head......6 months ago I would have known all of this stuff blindfolded so I guess it is good that some of the immigration process trauma is seeping out of my brain :eek: :D!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone!!

Congratulations to LouisFam and Samavril and welcome to the newcomers!

Hi C&T, Kadi, Behopeful, Kiab, MsRuby, Zouk, chickie, O&O and all of the other lovelies who've been keeping us in their prayers and checking in. Sorry I've been MIA, just been throwing myself into work, communicating with hubs and avoiding the computer when I get home from work and trying to keep stress levels down (not that this forum is a source of stress, just the opposite in fact but moreso just trying to keep busy and keep our minds on other things... as if that is possible). We're still waiting and still In Process so no updates from us... I check every day with my stomach dropping out to see if it has changed (we don't want it to change until we hear from them) and every day it stays the same... haven't checked yet today.. I try to wait until end of day in case there is bad news, I don't want it haunting me all day at work.

Faith, I don't think it would hurt to check and see if they've recieved it, they are spotty with responses so don't despair if you don't hear anything... as for checking on ecas, you SHOULD be able to use the File # or your UCI # (since you're being sponsored)... I'll let some of the others correct me if I am wrong (always possible as much as I hate to admit it sometimes).

MissD or Millslu, we'd love to hear from you if you're lurking and if you are lurking I'm saying hello and hope you and your families are doing well.

I'll do a better job of keeping in touch!
Can-Vinc
Hi Can-Vinc, nice to see you and yes we are still here supporting you and uplifting that decision with prayers. Yes call those lurkers back to give us updates!! ;D. Oooooo......that daily checking would be very stomach upsetting...this whole process is but you shall prevail!! Hang in there girl and let's claim your victory for next week - POS hear our cries and Lord please give us your word. Amen and blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA lately, but there's a good reason for it. On January 23rd, my husband and I welcomed our first child into the world, a beautiful baby girl ;D Needless to say, we've had our hands full! We are all happy n healthy, and getting into the swing of this new phase of life :)

Welcome to all the new folks, congrats to everyone who's had an update, and to those still waiting, keep the faith as this too shall pass.

I may not be on as often in the next few weeks, but if anyone needs me, feel free to PM me and I'll get the email notification.

Stay blessed all :-\
OMG!!!!!!!!!! ZOUK????? :eek: There's a baby ZP??????? :p CONGRATULATIONS MY DEAR TO YOU & MR. ZP!! :-* Such an amazing and life changing experience, so many emotions......WOW........enjoy the precious time together and get all the sleep you can, whenever you can, however you can!! :D So thrilled for you and hubby. We thank Jesus for the safe arrival of your special angel daughter. Zouk-Mama, blessings and hugs.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
Good afternoon Can-Vic glad you stopped in to chat a lot of us understand we all need some time away from certain things throughout this process. Hopefully some positive showers comes your way praying for you and hubby. Stay busy it will drive u less crazy. Blessings and thank you for the shout out.

Good afternoon POS Fam how is everyone doing?
Hello my girl, how are you DOING????? What's your update? I have missed a few days. Do I have to go catch up on you at the JA thread? When's hubby coming? Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kadi27 said:
Good Morning TriniFam;

Hey Can-VInc; keeping busy will keep you sane; so totally understandable that you are away. I am still faithful that hubby's outcome will be good.

I suggest you keep your heart safe by waiting until hubby is contacted as most times that happens before ecas updates.

Thanks for coming out to play C&T.

BIG BIG Congrats Mommy Zouk.

All the best to those still waiting; those going through appeals and those wating on pp returns; and hubbies landing.

A big shout out to the the doc ;)

Enjoy the rest of the week all.
Hello Miss kadi27, how are you keeping my dear? How are you coping with the wheel of foreign as chickie likes to call it :D?! Blessings to you and your little guy and your big guy!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit_Edwards said:
Hello EVERYONE happy new year :) I am back from Sunny St Lucia into this ice box once again and back to the stressful separation process. :( No updates as yet but I hope for majority of us amazing news will surely come soon :-*
Welcome back Brit, hope you had a great time in St. Lucia. Hubby will soon come, keep the faith strong girl!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
haritsharma said:
Hello, i received a e-mail from visa officer and they said mine interview is on mid march 2014.i am very upset now.my problem is my education qualification.I am only 10+2 and my spouse qualification is MA Hindi,MA English and one year diploma.but till now i am working in state govt. service from my age of 20 years.my whole family living in Canada and my spouse whole family living in Canada also.but they both are living in different states.even my brother in law was married with my sister after 2 days of my wedding.he is cousin brother of my spouse.but our marriages are real.we both belongs to same culture,same cast,same language,same religion,first marriage both and we performed weddings and receptions very well.our marriages are arrange marriages.when my spouse in Canada i was talk with her on Skype 1st time but now i have no Skype history due to i am not using Skype after that.we talk every day on our mobile phones.i have only last six months calling details.my parents and my spouse parents come from Canada on wedding.about 10 people come from Canada on our wedding but now i feel visa officer looks our marriages are not real but our weddings are real it is true.how i prove/show in front of visa officer.i am very confused.please advise me?
Hello haritsharma, I am going to guess that you are being processed by the New Delhi visa office based upon what you have written above. There is a specific thread (or page) for all of the people going through that visa office (VO) and here is the link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.34890.html

If you go there you can re-post your questions above and there are many people with more experience who will likely be able to provide you with better guidance and support. The people on this thread are all being processed through the Port of Spain visa office in Trinidad for most of the Caribbean countries. Good luck and blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
;D thank you everyone! Yup, it certainly is a major life change, but we are enjoying every moment of it :) Proof that there is beautiful life after immigration :)
Sweet hope for all!!! :-*

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LouisFam said:
hello everyone.. just another update. it wasn't easy but think it was worth it. LANDED feb 2nd.. All thanks goes out to GOD..
dont really have much of a landing story. maybe my wife will talk about the experience..
To everyone in the process or just about to start....PLEASE keep the FAITH. God is good..:)
Millslu check your inbox.. (i know you wont be back on here)...
Congrats on finally landing LouisFam!!! A big sigh of relief, you all must be exhausted with all of the "to'ing and fro'ing of immigration. Yes please ask your wife to tell us the story, wives have a way of making it more fun and exciting, no offense but we all saw that with Mr. & Mrs Millslu :p!!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
samavril said:
Hello

Behopeful ;) ,CNDandtrini is right my hubby is grenadian and the mexican police certificate prolonged our processing time and visa for a bit,nevertheless i am thankful that it is all over,and CNDandtrini i just got back from grenada 2 weeks ago, as much as i would want to share that experience with him and i am aching to go carry him back i won`t,enough money has been spent on plane tickets ,his arrival date is scheduled for March 7th so i am highly anticipating that,i feel like a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders,i pray this process on no-one and for those in process,about to be in process and for those appealing ,i pray for god`s strength and guidance and also for faith.
The landing story absolutely,i know i will be a nervous wreck on that day at the airport, i might just go to work because he is coming in later that afternoon or i might not,urghhh enough of me ,i am now going to play catch up on a few post i missed ,i love the progress so far with POS would love for them to keep that momentum going or a lot faster :) :D
I think we all hear you my dear on those plane tickets!!! We all have choices to make with our limited funds and who knew any of us would be needing to FLY to our spouses all the time!!! So glad you are having the relief feeling, I think we all understand that too. It was honestly sometimes better than anything else just to know that this immigration monkey was off our backs. Often times we don't even realize how bad the stress was until it gets lifted and then we're like OMG why do I feel so unburdened and so light???? So free & happy!!! ;D

Take the day off when hubby lands so you can prepare and not rush and be relaxed.....and savour the day. And keep all of the details for your peeps on the forum who are greedy for our landing stories!! :D Yes I must give POS credit they have really sped through a lot of applicants and I also hope they keep things moving for those currently waiting and soon to be applying. We need to say a prayer for that for sure. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Congrats LouisFam... very happy for you and your family. If you're talking to Millslu tell them we hope they are doing well and that Mrs. Millslu is feeling good and healthy as her pregnancy progresses.
Yes....amen and ditto to this!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
childofGod said:
Hi guys , Thank you to each and everyone of you in this forum , you guys dont Know what a impact a does on others .Im so glad i came a cross this page , reading Some of the story i read and seing yall application Time Line and my fav the landing story , keeps my faith on, that Soon and very soon ill share a landing story too. I just have couple question for anybody willing to answer , i share my story here while ago , so ive been trying to sponsor my hubby its been a while , our application was initially denied do to the fact the Vo didnt believe our relationship was real but all that is behind us , after a long battle with the appela division and the Grace of God we're able to win our appeal .

As of Dec 6. The file was suppose to get sent back to the Visa office so the Can keep processing its for a Visa , but so far i havent recieved anything from then . I sent them 2 email already nô.

Ps.english not really my first langage hope yall CAN understand what im trying to say .

Here's my question ;
1. How long doest it take before a get a AORfrom the Visa Office
2. When Check the Vo site it talk about a tracking Id what that about
Hello childofGod and welcome. Congratulations on winning your appeal!! So are you re-applying now and being processed through the Port of Spain Visa Office in Trinidad? If you are the sponsor, what country is your hubby from and what province are you from? When were you last on the forum? Your English is pretty good and mostly understandable. As far as getting an AOR from the POS VO it can take 3-5 months.

I am not entirely sure what you mean when you say "check the vo site and tracking id". Can you clarify that a bit more? Then maybe one or more of us can help you a bit better. Blessings.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hello my girl, how are you DOING????? What's your update? I have missed a few days. Do I have to go catch up on you at the JA thread? When's hubby coming? Blessings.
I'm doing well how are you doing my
Girl? Feb 1 Ecas changed to decision made that's the update lol