Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
KIAB said:
Morning Everyone!

So I got an email from POS this morning.

Saying our application has reached the final stage of processing that we need to do
- Pay Permanent Residence Fee - Already Doneee
- requesting hubby passport and picture with a prepaid envelope back to him.

However when I check ECAS it still just says application received, medicals received.

But im screaming :D
KIAB!!!!!! :D :p :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Hubby is coming home and I believe this is the fastest case ever processed by POS!!! 4 months total from application submitted to PPR???? Wow! I know you guys had a pretty straightforward case with being childhood sweethearts and all so now one dream has come true and so POS send home a few more wives and husbands. Amen and so happy for you. I already updated your exciting news on the spreadsheet :D. Time to plan a sweet landing!! Blessings.

p.s. do not worry about ecas it will change soon and my hubby's PPR letter had space for him to write his eye color and height, did not need to go on back of photo, unless that was specifically requested in Guyana.

License2cry

Nov 23, 2013
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

I finally (sort of) have my update. After weeks of sending CSE's to POS and several emails with my MP, AND finally getting the notes I ordered after the interview - we got news our application is refused.

Notes stated that VO emailed us AND sent a letter to us at home on October 31 (neither of which exist). VOs reasoning was that she didn't believe we lived together. Said landlord signed lease in same pen color 1 year apart (there are only TWO pen colors, not that big of a coincidence) and that the rent receipts were only a few numbers apart (receipt number) each month (uhh duh, there are only 2-3 apartments rented at a time). Dismissed all the letters from our landlord and other tenants saying that they could have been made up for immigration and because the landlords knew hubby before we moved in (small town) that their letters were not proof. Dismissed all proof of food deliveries etc in both our names to same address because hubby was "just visiting". Dismissed letters to our apartment in both names because there were only a couple of them. She went so far as to say that maybe ALL my letters of support from my family and friends about our relationship were also made up for immigration (even though there are TONS pics of hubby spending time with my dad fishing and playing pool and stuff and him skyping with my mom, etc). She finished saying that relationship is genuine BUT she believed common-law is not true and hubby just "visted for 15 months at my apartment" and was not really "living" there.

MP talked to agent who said if we were married we would have been approved. And notes specifically say relationship genuine, so the only really way is to reapply as married (according to agent on phone) and that appealing would be useless as she states in the notes that all our proof is not enough.

We have yet to receive any word from anyone at POS and all this is from notes and MP. MP has sent emails to POS and CIC about sending our emails/appeal rights, but no one has in over 10 business days since her last email.

So there you have it folks. Despite what you might be told, even if POS/CIC believes you have a real relationship, common-law is NOT AN OPTION from this office. We sent over 20 lbs of proof on separate occasions, all of which they tore apart. So maybe with other offices, but not this one.

Back to studying. xo
Hey miss d..... sorry to hear about your denial.. the good thing from my understanding is that they believe that your relationship is genuine. they should of still grant the visa on that grounds. i too got denied also from kingston stating lack of evidence to support our case. we send in everything that we had and they still denied us. But miss d please dont let that bring you down at all...You know what you have to do now to get your hubby to be in canada right next to you....I hope that you become a doctor so when im sick i can just call you and ask you what medications i should be taking.... :D :D :D........Keep your head up Miss D

License2cry

Nov 23, 2013
KIAB said:
Morning Everyone!

Saying our application has reached the final stage of processing that we need to do

However when I check ECAS it still just says application received, medicals received.

Congrats on getting your passport request.....im happy for you and hubby

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Hi Miss D!

Just forget about everything that happened immigration wise in the last 12 months. You've got a wedding to plan! :D

What we did was had a small wedding in Trinidad with a few relatives and then later on big wedding with all relatives. I'm excited and looking forward to your landing story.

So you can arrange for a small ceremony, connect mom and others via ustream etc so they can still share the moment. Try to make the best of it. File the papers and wait. Hopefully they'll process you faster this time considering you've been there...7 months waiting with no interview.

Find a common place to be together. And keep loving each other. In the end your testimony will serve as a beacon of hope for others turned away. Send me a PM ;D

Cheers Dadzin/mrs Dadzin, abby and sonzin ;)

MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

I finally (sort of) have my update. After weeks of sending CSE's to POS and several emails with my MP, AND finally getting the notes I ordered after the interview - we got news our application is refused.

Notes stated that VO emailed us AND sent a letter to us at home on October 31 (neither of which exist). VOs reasoning was that she didn't believe we lived together. Said landlord signed lease in same pen color 1 year apart (there are only TWO pen colors, not that big of a coincidence) and that the rent receipts were only a few numbers apart (receipt number) each month (uhh duh, there are only 2-3 apartments rented at a time). Dismissed all the letters from our landlord and other tenants saying that they could have been made up for immigration and because the landlords knew hubby before we moved in (small town) that their letters were not proof. Dismissed all proof of food deliveries etc in both our names to same address because hubby was "just visiting". Dismissed letters to our apartment in both names because there were only a couple of them. She went so far as to say that maybe ALL my letters of support from my family and friends about our relationship were also made up for immigration (even though there are TONS pics of hubby spending time with my dad fishing and playing pool and stuff and him skyping with my mom, etc). She finished saying that relationship is genuine BUT she believed common-law is not true and hubby just "visted for 15 months at my apartment" and was not really "living" there.

MP talked to agent who said if we were married we would have been approved. And notes specifically say relationship genuine, so the only really way is to reapply as married (according to agent on phone) and that appealing would be useless as she states in the notes that all our proof is not enough.

We have yet to receive any word from anyone at POS and all this is from notes and MP. MP has sent emails to POS and CIC about sending our emails/appeal rights, but no one has in over 10 business days since her last email.

So there you have it folks. Despite what you might be told, even if POS/CIC believes you have a real relationship, common-law is NOT AN OPTION from this office. We sent over 20 lbs of proof on separate occasions, all of which they tore apart. So maybe with other offices, but not this one.

Back to studying. xo

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
CdnandTrini said:
KIAB!!!!!! :D :p :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Hubby is coming home and I believe this is the fast case ever processed by POS!!! 4 months total from application submitted to PPR???? Wow! I know you guys had a pretty straightforward case with being childhood sweethearts and all so now a dream has come thorough and POS can send home a few more wives and husbands. Amen and so happy for you. I already updated your exciting news on the spreadsheet :D. Time to plan a sweet landing!! Blessings.

p.s. do not worry about ecas it will change soon and my hubby's PPR letter had space for him to write his eye color and height, did not need to go on back of photo, unless that was specifically requested in Guyana.
Awww thank youuuu :)
I'm in total shock I'm walking around just in disbelief

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
KIAB said:
Morning Everyone!

KIAB,

This is so wonderful - congratulations to you and your family!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
fromadistance said:
He is settling just fine. The cold doesn't surprise him as he has experienced winter in the US and England. Sometimes I am still in disbelief that he is actually here with baby and me. It is an awesome feeling and I will be sticking around until each of you guys get to experience it.
FAD - I've said it before, I'm so happy for you and your family. You deserve nothing but the best and now your baby has both of you there instead of one there and one on Skype! I'm so happy for you.

It means a lot that you'll stick around - I can't wait to share ours..... whenever that day will come is another story! :)

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
KIAB said:
Wow ive been on here was when i was gathering my hubbys papers and theyre finally in since October!! Atleast were getting there BUT KIAB im so shocked at how fast they processed your docs. My hubby was here but had to leave and we have a 17 month old baby together and not to mention a trailor load of evidence, its crazy lol their gonna hate me when they see my file. Im so excited for you though I hope ours works out the same even though im at the beginning process but u never know! Anyways God bless you and your sweetheart, hope he loves canada ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dadzin said:
Hi Miss D!

Just forget about everything that happened immigration wise in the last 12 months. You've got a wedding to plan! :D

What we did was had a small wedding in Trinidad with a few relatives and then later on big wedding with all relatives. I'm excited and looking forward to your landing story.

So you can arrange for a small ceremony, connect mom and others via ustream etc so they can still share the moment. Try to make the best of it. File the papers and wait. Hopefully they'll process you faster this time considering you've been there...7 months waiting with no interview.

Find a common place to be together. And keep loving each other. In the end your testimony will serve as a beacon of hope for others turned away. Send me a PM ;D

Cheers Dadzin/mrs Dadzin, abby and sonzin ;)
Nice Dadzin :) I believe they will get processed faster 2nd time around as well. Especially as they know the relationship is already genuine. Maybe Miss D. can beat KIAB's processing time of 4 months :p!! When do you think you folks will be heading back to Canada? Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KIAB said:
lol.....I remember that feeling very clearly - we got through in 8 months start to finish and I was in complete shock!! :D...that feeling lasted about 3-4 days for me and hubby!!! Bask in it and enjoy it!! :D Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
\
Hi everyone,

Hubby has landed. Here goes an extremely shortened version to our landing story: It was a very emotional day because I just couldn't believe this was happening after spending 6 out of our 10 years together apart. On the way to the airport I cried and was just remembering all what we have been through. It was tears of joy. While flying we were exhausted as we were flying with our extremely active baby but we were too excited to nap on the plane. Upon landing at Pearson, hubby looked at me and smiled in relief.

The actual landing process was pretty quick and easy. I was allowed to go in with him. He was asked the basic questions about dependents, criminal offences etc, signed the COPR, was given a Newcomers package and was told Welcome to Canada!

He is settling just fine. The cold doesn't surprise him as he has experienced winter in the US and England. Sometimes I am still in disbelief that he is actually here with baby and me. It is an awesome feeling and I will be sticking around until each of you guys get to experience it.
Hi FAD and family, welcome HOME!!!! Must be feeling so good, exhausted and drained.......big exhale!! :D I can imagine the feeling of disbelief......I always thought of that over the years waiting for hubby, thinking.....oh he'll look so good napping on the couch, or stirring the oxtail in my kitchen ;)!!! Or calling me and saying Brrrrrr.....how do you stand the cold??? :p I cannot wait!! My hubby has never been out of the Caribbean so it will be fun!!

Hope you and Mr. FAD & baby girl FAD enjoy your nesting and have a wonderful, blessed Christmas.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit_Edwards said:
Wow ive been on here was when i was gathering my hubbys papers and theyre finally in since October!! Atleast were getting there BUT KIAB im so shocked at how fast they processed your docs. My hubby was here but had to leave and we have a 17 month old baby together and not to mention a trailor load of evidence, its crazy lol their gonna hate me when they see my file. Im so excited for you though I hope ours works out the same even though im at the beginning process but u never know! Anyways God bless you and your sweetheart, hope he loves canada ;)
Hi Brit, I just updated you on the spreadsheet as well. Blessings for you, hubby and baby to have a speedy process :D.

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Brit, I just updated you on the spreadsheet as well. Blessings for you, hubby and baby to have a speedy process :D.
Thanks hun And next week is our 1 year marriage anniversary :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( So i pray cus my daughter misses her daddy and so do i...

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit_Edwards said:
Thanks hun And next week is our 1 year marriage anniversary :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( So i pray cus my daughter misses her daddy and so do i...
Awww.....poor girls............do special Skype date ;) with Daddy/hubby ;)......2014 you will all be together to celebrate!! Blessings.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
fromadistance said:
\
Hi everyone,

Hubby has landed. Here goes an extremely shortened version to our landing story: It was a very emotional day because I just couldn't believe this was happening after spending 6 out of our 10 years together apart. On the way to the airport I cried and was just remembering all what we have been through. It was tears of joy. While flying we were exhausted as we were flying with our extremely active baby but we were too excited to nap on the plane. Upon landing at Pearson, hubby looked at me and smiled in relief.

The actual landing process was pretty quick and easy. I was allowed to go in with him. He was asked the basic questions about dependents, criminal offences etc, signed the COPR, was given a Newcomers package and was told Welcome to Canada!

I am beyond happy for you and your family, fad. :-*

Now go on, get out of here, and enjoy your life with your hubby and your baby girl!
;)