Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
KIAB said:
Heyyy eveeyone just checking in and saying hellooo
Congrats FAD, Artsgie on COPR
Congrats blessed 1 we have similar timelines so hopefully an AOR from pos is heading our way tooo.
Welcome all new members!

Question for all:
Hubby information well phone number has changed and I want to add his email since we hooked up the net how would i do so ?
Hi KIAB, I think you need to send a case specific e-mail to POS directly. Make sure you include any file application numbers, date of birth and full name of applicant in your e-mail along with the new phone and e-mail. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nevaeha said:
Good morning POS!!! :D

Fromadistance asked me to let you know that she and her family landed yesterday and it was magical. They are exhausted and as soon as they defrost she will share her landing experience with the forum!!

Welcome home Mr & Mrs & baby fromadistance!!!!! :-*
Hi Nev. thanks for the "scoop" ;D!! We allow a few days before people have to update us!! :p Still watching Kingston for their November and December "push" for our JAMFAM :-* Blessings my dear.

Welcome home FAD & Family :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everyone, I hope all is well and POS is moving quickly this week for those of you waiting for decisions and/or updates on your files. In Jesus name we pray for all 2012 applicants from the POS & Kingston offices to be finished and the 2013 applicants to all have news and updates on their files. Bring spouses and children home to their loved ones. Amen.

I just updated the POS spreadsheet so please have a look and advise me if I have missed anyone/anything or if you notice any errors.

blessedone1, I apologize for not adding you sooner but you are there now!! :D

Special prayers, blessings and favour to be shown for Miss D. & hubby. :-*

Blessings to all.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hey everyone,

I finally (sort of) have my update. After weeks of sending CSE's to POS and several emails with my MP, AND finally getting the notes I ordered after the interview - we got news our application is refused.

Notes stated that VO emailed us AND sent a letter to us at home on October 31 (neither of which exist). VOs reasoning was that she didn't believe we lived together. Said landlord signed lease in same pen color 1 year apart (there are only TWO pen colors, not that big of a coincidence) and that the rent receipts were only a few numbers apart (receipt number) each month (uhh duh, there are only 2-3 apartments rented at a time). Dismissed all the letters from our landlord and other tenants saying that they could have been made up for immigration and because the landlords knew hubby before we moved in (small town) that their letters were not proof. Dismissed all proof of food deliveries etc in both our names to same address because hubby was "just visiting". Dismissed letters to our apartment in both names because there were only a couple of them. She went so far as to say that maybe ALL my letters of support from my family and friends about our relationship were also made up for immigration (even though there are TONS pics of hubby spending time with my dad fishing and playing pool and stuff and him skyping with my mom, etc). She finished saying that relationship is genuine BUT she believed common-law is not true and hubby just "visted for 15 months at my apartment" and was not really "living" there.

MP talked to agent who said if we were married we would have been approved. And notes specifically say relationship genuine, so the only really way is to reapply as married (according to agent on phone) and that appealing would be useless as she states in the notes that all our proof is not enough.

We have yet to receive any word from anyone at POS and all this is from notes and MP. MP has sent emails to POS and CIC about sending our emails/appeal rights, but no one has in over 10 business days since her last email.

So there you have it folks. Despite what you might be told, even if POS/CIC believes you have a real relationship, common-law is NOT AN OPTION from this office. We sent over 20 lbs of proof on separate occasions, all of which they tore apart. So maybe with other offices, but not this one.

Back to studying. xo

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

I finally (sort of) have my update. After weeks of sending CSE's to POS and several emails with my MP, AND finally getting the notes I ordered after the interview - we got news our application is refused.

Notes stated that VO emailed us AND sent a letter to us at home on October 31 (neither of which exist). VOs reasoning was that she didn't believe we lived together. Said landlord signed lease in same pen color 1 year apart (there are only TWO pen colors, not that big of a coincidence) and that the rent receipts were only a few numbers apart (receipt number) each month (uhh duh, there are only 2-3 apartments rented at a time). Dismissed all the letters from our landlord and other tenants saying that they could have been made up for immigration and because the landlords knew hubby before we moved in (small town) that their letters were not proof. Dismissed all proof of food deliveries etc in both our names to same address because hubby was "just visiting". Dismissed letters to our apartment in both names because there were only a couple of them. She went so far as to say that maybe ALL my letters of support from my family and friends about our relationship were also made up for immigration (even though there are TONS pics of hubby spending time with my dad fishing and playing pool and stuff and him skyping with my mom, etc). She finished saying that relationship is genuine BUT she believed common-law is not true and hubby just "visted for 15 months at my apartment" and was not really "living" there.

MP talked to agent who said if we were married we would have been approved. And notes specifically say relationship genuine, so the only really way is to reapply as married (according to agent on phone) and that appealing would be useless as she states in the notes that all our proof is not enough.

We have yet to receive any word from anyone at POS and all this is from notes and MP. MP has sent emails to POS and CIC about sending our emails/appeal rights, but no one has in over 10 business days since her last email.

So there you have it folks. Despite what you might be told, even if POS/CIC believes you have a real relationship, common-law is NOT AN OPTION from this office. We sent over 20 lbs of proof on separate occasions, all of which they tore apart. So maybe with other offices, but not this one.

Back to studying. xo
Soooooo sorry to hear this Miss D.....i don't understand with all the proof that you presented that they can say it was not common law.....that is just crazy. Really feel sorry for you, this is sooo sad... prayers for you and hubby!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

Back to studying. xo
:eek:

MissD, say it isn't so!!!

What is going on with POS and KG?!?!?!? It's like they have a quota of denials they have to make by the end of the year...

I am so incredibly sorry to hear the decision POS made on your application. I am even more sorry to read about the lies and 'reasons' they gave you...or rather, gave your mp and put in your notes... ::)

You are a strong woman and I am happy that you and your hubby are with each other to support one another through this.

Please let us know your plans for the future and remember we are here for you.
:-*

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Nev. thanks for the "scoop" ;D!! We allow a few days before people have to update us!! :p
That's because you're nicer than I am C&T!

I only give people one day to share their landing story!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Nevaeha said:
Good morning POS!!! :D

Fromadistance asked me to let you know that she and her family landed yesterday and it was magical. They are exhausted and as soon as they defrost she will share her landing experience with the forum!!

Welcome home Mr & Mrs & baby fromadistance!!!!! :-*
Congrats and shout out to FAD! Welcome home!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

Back to studying. xo
MissD... I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby. You will come out on top. I think POS already had the decision before the interview. I am sorry and can't imagine what you are both going through.
Keep in touch... I know this is likely the last place you want to come given this outcome but we are all here to surround you and support you through this.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
MissD I'm so sorry for what you and hubby have gone through to be together. This is all so sickening what POS and KNG is doing to families lately I just can't believe. We're here for you.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Thanks everyone. We appreciate it.

@Behopeful - you are right. As common-law we were screwed from the beginning. As soon as hubby was called in for the interview the officer told him common-law is a very hard visa to get and if he had just applied as married we wouldnt be going through all of this (which is discrimination and against the rules but we didnt stand a chance).

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
@ missd am sorry i cannot comeup with something funny to cheer you up, i dont think anything will do right now, i remember when you and i was the last but the first for the new year,and here we are, the only reason i stay on the forum is to wait for you to come home with yur hubby, i already know all my other hommies are either on their way or here already.....i dont know what is your next step, but me and mrsslu are still a little petrified and angy for your situation.

with that being said @ missd i cant seem to follow this forum anymore knowing that you are not gonna be coming home with your hubbym but am sure you will come up with a plan very soon. in january am gonna start the sponsor papers for my two girls 17 and 18 this comin year, so am not gonna be visiting this forum or any other forum.

i just wanna say @ missd thank you thank you for ebeing by myside all the time from day one when i was fustrated and angry and confused and needed help to get through, thank you thank you for everything you have done not only for me but for everyone you helped on this forum. am sure you will come up with some way to be wth your hubby u are a bright and amazing womanm i wish u th ebest of luck in your future and hope you maybe can drop a private message to me in the future with some good news. sailavie @ missd

as for the rest of the forum congrats on who have landed and who is waiting for the pp and the new ppl, those who are starting new, keep strong keep the faith and read the past post there is a huge amount of wealth and knowledge here to get you through.

and for the jamaican forum stay irie man.

peace love and good luck

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
millslu said:
@ missd am sorry i cannot comeup with something funny to cheer you up, i dont think anything will do right now, i remember when you and i was the last but the first for the new year,and here we are, the only reason i stay on the forum is to wait for you to come home with yur hubby, i already know all my other hommies are either on their way or here already.....i dont know what is your next step, but me and missd are still a little petrified and angy for your situation.

with that being said @ missd i cant seem to follow this forum anymore knowing that you are not gonna be coming home with your hubbym but am sure you will come up with a plan very soon. in january am gonna start the sponsor papers for my two girls 17 and 18 this comin year, so am not gonna be visiting this forum or any other forum.

i just wanna say @ missd thank you thank you for ebeing by myside all the time from day one when i was fustrated and angry and confused and needed help to get through, thank you thank you for everything you have done not only for me but for everyone you helped on this forum. am sure you will come up with some way to be wth your hubby u are a bright and amazing womanm i wish u th ebest of luck in your future and hope you maybe can drop a private message to me in the future with some good news. sailavie @ missd

as for the rest of the forum congrats on who have landed and who is waiting for the pp and the new ppl, those who are starting new, keep strong keep the faith and read the past post there is a huge amount of wealth and knowledge here to get you through.

and for the jamaican forum stay irie man.

peace love and good luck
Thank u millslu. All the best to you, your wife and girls. And thank you for sticking around to wait. Made me cry! As if I havent done enough of that lately.

I willncertainly send youa pm when we reapply and get through. Dont delete your account so I can find you.

Hugs. M.D.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

Back to studying. xo
Miss D. - I am so, so sorry to hear what you have been put through during this process only to be refused. For absolutely ridiculous reasons. I am in shock, so can only imagine what you are feeling right now. The IO's reasons are not even logical!!! I am inclined to agree with Nev. in that it's almost as if POS needs to meet a quota of denials. Why make CL an option? Sigh...........along with the other folks, I wish I could say something to make you feel better but am speechless.

When you have had time to process this, I know you and hubby will come up with a plan to be together. If you need any support for an appeal or any letters to your MP or POS, let us know. I for one would be happy to join in any formal complaint process to stand with you. Sending big hugs your way.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Miss D. - I am so, so sorry to hear what you have been put through during this process only to be refused. For absolutely ridiculous reasons. I am in shock, so can only imagine what you are feeling right now. The IO's reasons are not even logical!!! I am inclined to agree with Nev. in that it's almost as if POS needs to meet a quota of denials. Why make CL an option? Sigh...........along with the other folks, I wish I could say something to make you feel better but am speechless.

When you have had time to process this, I know you and hubby will come up with a plan to be together. If you need any support for an appeal or any letters to your MP or POS, let us know. I for one would be happy to join in any formal complaint process to stand with you. Sending big hugs your way.
Thanks love. I will need some support... its been really tough. I had a panic attack today so we are just trying to work on a plan but take our time because I am so overwhelmed with this and school. Graduation was supposed to coincide nicely with hubbys arrival and starting our Canadisn life together... now I am trying to figure out where we will be for the next year. Theres a good possibility I wont be a doctor in Canada... not without him anyway.

Thanks for your support and I hope you will stick around or send me your contact info - I will need ya!

MD