Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hubby sent a CSE to POS just now asking if they plan to extend our medicals (expired May 2013) because, if they intend to, they have to do it by the end of this month (as I understand it - 15 months).

Hopefully they will reply to him since it's "his" file.

This is so frustrating. Even if they DON'T plan on extending them, they could at least say "Hey, no one has touched your file in 7 months and probably won't for a while, so chances are you will have to re-do your meds".. At least THEN I could book him an appointment or something so we don't have to wait for weeks to see the designated doctor in Dominica when they finally ask and delay us months and months of processing new medicals, etc.

:mad:

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MissDominica said:
Hubby sent a CSE to POS just now asking if they plan to extend our medicals (expired May 2013) because, if they intend to, they have to do it by the end of this month (as I understand it - 15 months).

Hopefully they will reply to him since it's "his" file.

This is so frustrating. Even if they DON'T plan on extending them, they could at least say "Hey, no one has touched your file in 7 months and probably won't for a while, so chances are you will have to re-do your meds".. At least THEN I could book him an appointment or something so we don't have to wait for weeks to see the designated doctor in Dominica when they finally ask and delay us months and months of processing new medicals, etc.

:mad:
Ahhh... I hear you. Yeah, you're right about the 15 month timeline. Unfortunately since the rules are pretty explicit that the extension is done only after everything else is approved, POS pretty much refuses to address it until they're ready to issue PPR. My guess is that they're waiting on the background checks at this point, so hopefully the CSE will prompt them to reopen the file and see if those checks are complete.

What you (he) can do in the meantime is phone the Dr. and ask how far ahead they're booking appointments. If they say you can get in within a week or two then great. If it's more than that, book one for like a month from now, so at least when you do get the call, you'll already have the appointment setup. Then just keep rescheduling as appropriate.

Alternatively, go ahead and book the first available appointment, when he arrives, tell the Dr. he wants to redo immigration meds since they've expired. The doc will likely say they need POS approval and they will send an email to POS. This email may also prompt them to check into your file.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Zouk Princesse said:
Ahhh... I hear you. Yeah, you're right about the 15 month timeline. Unfortunately since the rules are pretty explicit that the extension is done only after everything else is approved, POS pretty much refuses to address it until they're ready to issue PPR. My guess is that they're waiting on the background checks at this point, so hopefully the CSE will prompt them to reopen the file and see if those checks are complete.

What you (he) can do in the meantime is phone the Dr. and ask how far ahead they're booking appointments. If they say you can get in within a week or two then great. If it's more than that, book one for like a month from now, so at least when you do get the call, you'll already have the appointment setup. Then just keep rescheduling as appropriate.

Alternatively, go ahead and book the first available appointment, when he arrives, tell the Dr. he wants to redo immigration meds since they've expired. The doc will likely say they need POS approval and they will send an email to POS. This email may also prompt them to check into your file.
Good idea about the booking thing. Thanks!

As for the CSE making them open the file, I hope so! It would be nice if they opened and were like, "Oh yeah, this IS ready for PPR" hehe. If it's still background checks they're waiting on, it seems to be taking forever! UGH.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
millslu said:
hahaha my wife said she is tired of that dream so last night she dreamnt she won the lottery hhhhhh ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
hey bro..what up.......just wanted to let you know that someone on the kingston forum is just got the call that there passport is in route back to them.....so this may be the turning point for those who are waiting back for there passport

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi everyone! Sorry for being so silent but life has been super busy... I got a promotion at work and so my browsing time has been significantly reduced ;). I just wanted to welcome Brit and let her know we're all in this together. I'm at about the 6 month mark and it hasn't been easy. Am getting a supplemental package ready to send... I keep hoping to see some progress for everyone.. I know we have some time to go but am looking forward to good news for others first and then us :) (not that I'm not willing to cut the line if pos is so inclined.

You know POS is a very appropriate name for this office ;-)

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
@zouk yeh we understood what you was saying but sometimes we just want the forum to look like its exciting, good job guys some really good dialogue and info is goin on here.

oh btw i told KG forum that we are going to sacrifice one of our memebers to the VISA AND LANDING GODS so which one is it gonna be, @behopeful,@fromadistance@canadatrini since yourll are new doesnt make sense wasting the old members. hahahahahhahaha :p :p :p :p so 12pm will be ok cool ay question contat @missd thanks

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Further to my post last evening, I do have a question. As I said, I'm putting together a package of supplemental docs to send to POS (i giggle everytime I get to say that--POS). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go back to visit SVG since our wedding in December. My hubby is only getting piece work and so money has been extremely tight. I have vacation booked in October to go there though and I'm so excited. I can't believe it will have been 9 months since I saw my love. But I'll be there for two weeks and then hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, we'll be on the homestretch of the process (my secret hope is that I have to cancel this trip because he'll already be on the way back-- but I know that is not realistic). I have some good support docs to send to POS for the supplement (money transfers, cell phone top ups, and I will probably get some affadavits from my family and friends supporting our marriage and how sincere our love is, also I have added him as the beneficiary on my insurance from work; oh and we bought the little house he was renting and our names are on those documents).

So my questions to the experts are:
1. Should I wait to send this package until I have finished my trip and have new photos, passport stamps, boarding passes, etc? This would put the supplement going to POS in late October.
2. Do you think the above list of supplemental info is good or should there be other things we look to add to this.

Thanks!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
@ zouk yeh we understood what you was saying but sometimes we just want the forum to look like its exciting, good job guys some really good dialogue and info is goin on here.

oh btw i told KG forum that we are going to sacrifice one of our memebers to the VISA AND LANDING GODS so which one is it gonna be, @ behopeful, @ fromadistance @ canadatrini since yourll are new doesnt make sense wasting the old members. hahahahahhahaha :p :p :p :p so 12pm will be ok cool ay question contat @ missd thanks
As the saying goes... Out with the old and in with the new... Unfortunately Millslu, that's means your time is up!! You are the old guy around here... i vote to sacrifice YOU! Wait... Maybe we won't sacrifice you though because you post lots!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Further to my post last evening, I do have a question. As I said, I'm putting together a package of supplemental docs to send to POS (i giggle everytime I get to say that--POS). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go back to visit SVG since our wedding in December. My hubby is only getting piece work and so money has been extremely tight. I have vacation booked in October to go there though and I'm so excited. I can't believe it will have been 9 months since I saw my love. But I'll be there for two weeks and then hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, we'll be on the homestretch of the process (my secret hope is that I have to cancel this trip because he'll already be on the way back-- but I know that is not realistic). I have some good support docs to send to POS for the supplement (money transfers, cell phone top ups, and I will probably get some affadavits from my family and friends supporting our marriage and how sincere our love is, also I have added him as the beneficiary on my insurance from work; oh and we bought the little house he was renting and our names are on those documents).

1. Should I wait to send this package until I have finished my trip and have new photos, passport stamps, boarding passes, etc? This would put the supplement going to POS in late October.
2. Do you think the above list of supplemental info is good or should there be other things we look to add to this.

Thanks!
My advise would be to send what you have. Your overall goal is to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing after marriage and all the documents you listed are very supportive of this.
If you have already booked your ticket, you could send the confirmation with your supporting documents and provide an explanation that te trip is booked and your plans. Hopefully all these documents will help to not have an interview requested. And make sure to send copies of your stamped passport, pics, ect. After the trip too.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
hahah@behopefull very very true, good thing i post and am a hero yupppieee so that leaves me out, so we still searching right?

i agre with @behopeful @cana-vinci send all the info for them now as a follow up it wont hurt, to tell you the truth if they see red flags no matter what u send them, it wont make a diff unless they see you face to face, thats what i learnt i sent everything but the kitchen sink then they ask for the interview then i brought the kitchen sink with me to the interview. but every case is diff but being overly prepared is the safest way to go.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Behopeful said:
My advise would be to send what you have. Your overall goal is to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing after marriage and all the documents you listed are very supportive of this.
If you have already booked your ticket, you could send the confirmation with your supporting documents and provide an explanation that te trip is booked and your plans. Hopefully all these documents will help to not have an interview requested. And make sure to send copies of your stamped passport, pics, ect. After the trip too.
I agree. Send it now before they start working on it in-depth so that all the info is in there when a senior office reviews it. Send flight itinerary, etc for planned upcoming trip with a cover letter explaining you are going to visit. You have quite a bit of on-going relationship proof there.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
I agree. Send it now before they start working on it in-depth so that all the info is in there when a senior office reviews it. Send flight itinerary, etc for planned upcoming trip with a cover letter explaining you are going to visit. You have quite a bit of on-going relationship proof there.
Question... Everyone's file doesn't get reviewed by a senior officer, correct? Can a junior officer complete the file without a senior laying eyes on it?

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Behopeful said:
Question... Everyone's file doesn't get reviewed by a senior officer, correct? Can a junior officer complete the file without a senior laying eyes on it?
Technically a senior officer has to sign off on every file, so the variation is in the type of review they do. If the junior officer reviews and concludes the relationship is genuine, no interview required, then the senior officer will review the notes and sign off. If the junior officer requests a second review to determine whether or not the interview is needed, then the senior officer will do a more in-depth one.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Can-Vinc said:

Thanks!
I agree that you should send the package now, as there's a strong possibility your file will be reviewed before Oct. The evidence you listed is great, do you have anything else focusing on communication between the two of you? Anything that shows your relationship continuing to progress and you making plans for your future together would be great, along with anything showing how you've integrated into each other's families since the wedding. As Miss D said, definitely include that cover letter and your plans for the Oct trip. I would include in the cover letter just what you told us - how money has been tight, etc. This will show you have good reason why you haven't seen each other in 9 months, and then use that as a segue, like "even though we haven't seen each other in 9 months, here is how we have kept our relationship ongoing and continued to grow as a couple...". If you've observed any special moments since you last saw each other, highlight those and how you celebrated them. You want to show them that distance hasn't gotten in the way of your loving relationship and that you're closer than ever. Good luck :D

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Me just feel happy cause POS gave me a VISA today......... :eek:
wait!!! my bad!!!, was dreaming... :eek: :p
S/O everyone going through this hustle... it wont be easy but sure will be worth it... #family #love #faith # ;D