Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Thank you soooo much to everyone for their good wishes n support, my husband got his travel docs today! So here's how that went:

After sending numerous emails and getting no response, I called POS yesterday to attempt to get some info over the phone:

Me: Your office called last Friday saying it was going out that day, today is Tues and still no sign in dhl.
POS: Well we close early on Fridays, sometimes dhl comes in the afternoon and there's no one there.
Me: What? They know you close at 1, yet they still come later?
POS: Yes mam
Me: Ok, so why didn't it go out yesterday?
POS: Yesterday was a holiday in Trinidad, no one was here
Me: -_-

Then it goes out yesterday, dhl in Dominica says they'll call as soon as it arrives, we should get it today (Wed). Waiting all day today, status says left Trinidad at 8:16am, nothing all day. My husband went to dhl this afternoon, oh well there was a storm and the plane carrying your package is stuck in Martinique. Are you serious? My husband then decides that he is going to camp out at the airport until he finds out where the plane is. So he headed up there, then oh glory, the plane comes in! He sent me a text saying "some men took dhl packages off the plane. I got this babe" . Then half an hr later, he texts me the most beautiful picture in the world...his pp with visa n COPR :D

Now I'm trying to get him on the next thing smokin out of Dca! I'm thinking we should start selling our stories to Hollywood... "Immigration wives/husbands"

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
Thank you soooo much to everyone for their good wishes n support, my husband got his travel docs today! So here's how that went:

After sending numerous emails and getting no response, I called POS yesterday to attempt to get some info over the phone:

Me: Your office called last Friday saying it was going out that day, today is Tues and still no sign in dhl.
POS: Well we close early on Fridays, sometimes dhl comes in the afternoon and there's no one there.

Then it goes out yesterday, dhl in Dominica says they'll call as soon as it arrives, we should get it today (Wed). Waiting all day today, status says left Trinidad at 8:16am, nothing all day. My husband went to dhl this afternoon, oh well there was a storm and the plane carrying your package is stuck in Martinique. Are you serious? My husband then decides that he is going to camp out at the airport until he finds out where the plane is. So he headed up there, then oh glory, the plane comes in! He sent me a text saying "some men took dhl packages off the plane. I got this babe" . Then half an hr later, he texts me the most beautiful picture in the world...his pp with visa n COPR :D

Now I'm trying to get him on the next thing smokin out of Dca! I'm thinking we should start selling our stories to Hollywood... "Immigration wives/husbands"

Zouk Princesse, you have a very interesting story. Congratulations!!!!!!. You guys gave in a lot patients .Congrats once more. Your story is a true love story. Wish you guys the best together.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
quebecboy said:
Zouk Princesse, you have a very interesting story. Congratulations!!!!!!. You guys gave in a lot patients .Congrats once more. Your story is a true love story. Wish you guys the best together.
:) thank you so much! Yes it was rough, I truly hope you guys have a smoother ride! All the best to you as well! :)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
"Are you serious" made me DIE laughing.. I could just picture your face.

Real housewives at the mercy of POS ;) lol

Let us know when hubby lands!!!! Yeehaw!!!!

Zouk Princesse said:

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Good day forum family,

Congrats to Zouk P..can't wait to hear your husband's landing story. Those who are still waiting hang in there.. Got my PR card last week.
My friend is still waiting for her hubby to his decision made. The status on Ecas still says received your app January 8, 2012 and Medical results received. She called immigration canada and they told her he should have gotten his stuff by now. I told her to send another inquiry e-mail to POS and get behind them. They sent in that app since Nov 2011.

Smokie and Admirable how are you guys doing?
Take care everyone and keep positive.

Zouk Princesse said:
:) thank you so much! Yes it was rough, I truly hope you guys have a smoother ride! All the best to you as well! :)

Bim2Cdn

Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jan 2013 (police cert redo & photo)
AOR Received.
April 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011 & Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent Apr 2013
LANDED..........
Apr 2013
Hello Forum!

I'm a newbie here. Been doing lots of reading and I see I’m not the only one frustrated with POS :'(
Congrats to all who have completed this process....special congrats to @ZoukPrincess especially because our applications were filed 1 day apart.....seeing your husband approved gives me hope that I will be landed soon too! ;D

So, a little about me........
My husband is Canadian
I am Barbadian
Application was filed Nov 15th, 2011
File transferred Jan 17th, 2012
Email confirming Application was received April 4th, 2012

We have submitted 4 case specific enquiries.......no response.
Hubby called CIC in Canada...they said that only POS would have info on my file.
We have tried calling POS......I have never be able to speak to someone, Hubby was able to speak with someone once and they told him the only way to get answers regarding our file is to send an email or fax.......so we sent emails.....no response!

My Ecas says: Application Received & Medicals Received and still shows my Bdos address.

Praying that this is approved and I am Landed soon!!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Welcome to the forum BimToCan,

My friend has the same time line as you do and they're experiencing the same issue. The Ecas show the same thing. I told her to send another CSE to POS. Keep the faith and let's pray you all hear something from them soon.
Have a great weekend all

Bim2Cdn said:
Hello Forum!

I'm a newbie here. Been doing lots of reading and I see I'm not the only one frustrated with POS :'(
Congrats to all who have completed this process....special congrats to @ ZoukPrincess especially because our applications were filed 1 day apart.....seeing your husband approved gives me hope that I will be landed soon too! ;D

So, a little about me........
My husband is Canadian
I am Barbadian
Application was filed Nov 15th, 2011
File transferred Jan 17th, 2012
Email confirming Application was received April 4th, 2012

We have submitted 4 case specific enquiries.......no response.
Hubby called CIC in Canada...they said that only POS would have info on my file.
We have tried calling POS......I have never be able to speak to someone, Hubby was able to speak with someone once and they told him the only way to get answers regarding our file is to send an email or fax.......so we sent emails.....no response!

My Ecas says: Application Received & Medicals Received and still shows my Bdos address.

Praying that this is approved and I am Landed soon!!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Hi guys,

My husband has landed! He did customs n immigration in Toronto, went very smoothly. Apparently he spent more time chatting with the officer about baseball teams than immigration lol. He said he went through the usual line, was then directed to the special room for landing, and that's when he started the baseball Convo. He said they didn't ask him any questions, just confirmed our Canadian address and said that he should be receiving his pr card in 4-6 weeks. The whole thing took at most half an hr. Then he caught his connecting flight to Montreal. We're spending a few days here, including our anniversary which is on Sunday. After being part for 3 years, it's so amazing to be together now. They did also return our relationship proof (pics, wedding stuff, etc.). Of course, both of his flights were late, wouldn't be us if something didn't happen right? We came back to the hotel, just had a nice quiet evening. I tried to decorate with streamers and balloons :D He was so happy, we sipped champagne and in true married fashion fell asleep :D

Welcome to BimToCan! Definitely POS is like pulling teeth! It's hard to gauge when to send CSEs. On the one hand, you don't want to give them reason to feel annoyed and just delay your application further. Have you ordered your gcms notes? I've found they only reply when there's an event, like you didn't receive AOR or they have your passport, or something. If it's still in process, it's very unlikely they'll reply, but hang in there, after this long, something's gotta give. Check your gcms notes to see if there's anything you can follow up on or explanation of why it hasn't come through yet.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
AHHH! SO exciting. I'm crying again.. like the blubbering idiot this process has turned me into.. but this time it's a HAPPY cry for you. I can't wait to be in your shoes in less than a year's time... I HOPE! So glad it all worked out for you two (despite the late flights lol). Enjoy!!! And please don't leave us high and dry here, we'd miss u!

Zouk Princesse said:
Hi guys,

My husband has landed! He did customs n immigration in Toronto, went very smoothly. Apparently he spent more time chatting with the officer about baseball teams than immigration lol. He said he went through the usual line, was then directed to the special room for landing, and that's when he started the baseball Convo. He said they didn't ask him any questions, just confirmed our Canadian address and said that he should be receiving his pr card in 4-6 weeks. The whole thing took at most half an hr. Then he caught his connecting flight to Montreal. We're spending a few days here, including our anniversary which is on Sunday. After being part for 3 years, it's so amazing to be together now. They did also return our relationship proof (pics, wedding stuff, etc.). Of course, both of his flights were late, wouldn't be us if something didn't happen right? We came back to the hotel, just had a nice quiet evening. I tried to decorate with streamers and balloons :D He was so happy, we sipped champagne and in true married fashion fell asleep :D

Welcome to BimToCan! Definitely POS is like pulling teeth! It's hard to gauge when to send CSEs. On the one hand, you don't want to give them reason to feel annoyed and just delay your application further. Have you ordered your gcms notes? I've found they only reply when there's an event, like you didn't receive AOR or they have your passport, or something. If it's still in process, it's very unlikely they'll reply, but hang in there, after this long, something's gotta give. Check your gcms notes to see if there's anything you can follow up on or explanation of why it hasn't come through yet.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Good morning everyone.
Welcome Bim2Cdn, pls stay with us as we are a little family like forum who give each other hope so that we can complete what seems to be a very difficult process.
@Bajeinwaiting, I'm doing ok, are you back from Bim as yet? I hope to be there before year end. Some one burgled my home when when family was at work, I have purchased an alarm system so I should go home and make sure that all is well with my little girl and my grandson.
Congrats Zouk, hope you have a long and happy life together.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Hi Smokie, sorry to hear about your home..hope they caught the person. I'm still in BIM. Not leaving until April. Give me a holler when you get here.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We look forward to some movement from POS next week, they seem to be sleeping of late.
Hang in there everyone.

smokijoe said:
Good morning everyone.
Welcome Bim2Cdn, pls stay with us as we are a little family like forum who give each other hope so that we can complete what seems to be a very difficult process.
@ Bajeinwaiting, I'm doing ok, are you back from Bim as yet? I hope to be there before year end. Some one burgled my home when when family was at work, I have purchased an alarm system so I should go home and make sure that all is well with my little girl and my grandson.
Congrats Zouk, hope you have a long and happy life together.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True POS have been sleeping . I doubt if this is intentional or because they are understaffed. They just keep guys anxious and waiting for months. I do not know what one can do to push them to work. Well , I hope every one will have a response from them no matter how long it takes. GOD bless this forum members.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Greetings Forum Fam

Welcome to the newbie @Bim2Cdn . Lots of information are available right at your fingertips on this forum.

@ Zouk Congratulationsssssssssssssss!!!! I'm so happy for you. :D

@ Smokie I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope they catch that person.

Well everyone, please enjoy the weekend. It's already short.
Blessings always.

LCC

Sep 28, 2012
Admirable said:
Greetings Forum Fam

Welcome to the newbie @ Bim2Cdn . Lots of information are available right at your fingertips on this forum.

@ Zouk Congratulationsssssssssssssss!!!! I'm so happy for you. :D

@ Smokie I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope they catch that person.

Well everyone, please enjoy the weekend. It's already short.
Blessings always.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Congratulations Zouk Hope you will continue to check in on us periodically. I my self have decided that we will apply inland as he is here in Canada and POS is sleeping these days. I have become attached to some of the people on this forum and enjoy reading the progress, so will continue to follow this tread. Welcome to all newbies and good luck to all. We are all in the same boat and will all get through this.