Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
LOL ... what email reply Twins? I am sorry if my grammar gets bad sometimes. I type without editing .. if you know what I mean .. he he he

Let me know what the email was and I can perhaps try helping you out with an answer.

I find this forum very easy to use compared to the other ones. I was on immigration.ca and trying to find topics relating to my concerns are too difficult, or it could just be me :)

Hey, you can modify your profile a bit and put in some of your application details relating to the processing times so we all can see what is taking place instead of having to re-type the same thing over and over.

I just would like to finish this process and move on Twins. You don't know how much it is getting to me right now ....

Like geeze man, why must these offices be so unfair at times.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Twins, POS has never asked me for any additional documents. I suppose I have included sufficient amount of documents with my initial application. I do have more to include anytime at their request but I am afraid to just send it off right now because one forum member told me that it does and can slow down the processing time.

So, I shall gather them all and be fully prepared for anything they ask at the interview.

We all need answers ASAP.

I think I am slowly going crazy just thinking about all this IMM crap. I feel as if my life is put on a huge hold right now. I just want to finish off my degree, go for a masters and join the workforce. Why is it so difficult for CIC to punish applicants like this from their loved ones?

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
@ confusednscared
I was referring to the ARC processing time on the other forum (anyone going thru the port-of spain, trinidad office???)

Well the reason why they asked for additional docs is that I did not have those receipt to show that I do receive money from my spouse because when they asked me to leave Canada, my husband came with us he spend one month with us just for me to have time to do my medicals,police check,new passport bla bla bla........... My husband mailed the application as soon as he returned to Canada so I did not have the Mgram receipt to show,I put a note that i will submit at a later date. I guess they took the opportunity to ask for proof of him here with my family............struppesssssssssss puffffff. We submitted altogether 40 photos of us with friends and family,his boarding pass,passport page stamped of his visit here,letters from friends/family proof of us living together you name it hmmmmmmmmmmm I guess they needed more.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Twins,,

Have you kept a copy of your application so you know what you put for your written submission.

We did submit a lot of stuff too. We even bought a place together and included all the housing documents with our names, our banking information and hydro, etc stuff.

It's Friday and another day of waiting but a day closer to reuniting with our loved ones.

I think for us, because of both of our previous immigration records in Canada they will question us more on the claims we have made and why we have made them, etc. From what I understood, in ARC cases they usually interview you both for ARC and the Sponsorship at the same time but they place about 70% emphasis on ARC where they focus on your immigration history in Canada.

I suggest you get copies of your immigration refusals and remember what it was that you claimed for asylum back in Canada so you can be well prepared to impress the IO with your responses.

We have hired an immigration lawyer to file our application but I don't think he's done that great of a job in the submission. It's too late now to go back and change things.

I actually thought about your situation yesterday and I am 99% positive that you will get your backside back to Canada in due time. They couldn't be so cruel and refuse your application with Cdn twins.

Just keep faith and it'll work out well for you.

Have a happy friday :)

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Hi all
@ confusednscared Happy Friday to you too :)
I do have a copy of my submission and all of my refusals Refugee, Humanitarian and PRRA. I did not use a lawyer we did our submission ourselves,,,,paid too much back then they left me broke lol lol.
I have high hopes for myself too,
The IO back in Canada told me that even though I need ARC I have a very high chance of returning to Canada because I have twins,was married in Canada and I do not have a criminal record there.
My twins are 1 year 1 month refusing the application would be torture for both me and my husband...........their Dad would go crazy, even my Mother in law she cant stop talking about them.They are her first Grandchildren for her only child which happens to be my lovely husband ;D

Happy Friday to all.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Good luck to you too Twinsmama! It's Friday and another day of waiting but a day closer to reuniting with our loved ones. . .

There is truth to what you are saying Confusednscared. . .but I think the fact that you overstayed your time in Canada may have something to do with your delay. Who knows. . .just guessing. Your lawyer should be able to advise you where that is concerned.

For those of us who are citizens sponsoring out of Canada (with no previous immigration claims or problems) stand a better chance of getting through quickly. At any rate, I am hoping to finish this process in 6-8 months. It would be a blessing if we finish before the 6 months. . .

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Actually GTWifey,

This is not always the truth. Each case is different and regardless of immigration history an individual can race through the process. It all depends on how well you have presented your case to the IO reviewing the file.

Someone with what CIC would consider an unfortunate immigration record like Twins and I (well, I don't consider our records being bad because there is no criminality involved, we were just trying to seek better opportunities in our lives) could easily get their PR sorted out in 6 months even though there are complexities to the case.

There are a million and one things that can go right or wrong for each application and how fast the VO run their background checks and other verifications. It's just how lucky you are to have your file land in the right pile.

In the long run, everything should be over and done with during the normal processing time of 6-15 months. If that time has passed without any update from the office, then I would strongly suggest you take further action.

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Hi
This is from the Jamaican forum this lady husband go though within 9 months and he needed ARC.

I can't speak for everyone as I know others that are still in process ... here's our timeline.

July 9, 2009 - send off application (Kingston, Jamaica)
August - they requested upfront medicals - we resent application back early August
Late August - sponsorship approved
November - ecas changed to 'in process'
January 7 - got letter requesting interview (feb 24)
Feb 24 - interview and requested to pay ARC and removal fees - left passport at consulate
early march - on our own paid RPRF
April 12 - ecas changed to 'decision made'
April 16 - call to pick up passport

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
My PR fee is already paid,they say it speeds up the process by 2 months. I paid for my ticket so I do not have to pay any removal cost,just the ARC fee.
I pray God that this will be over soon.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
dont worry twins .... i paid my RPRF a few weeks ago because I hadn't paid it upfront. I decided to do so early because I don't want to create any more delays on my application.

I tell you girl, take things easy and don't stress and worry too much .. it'll drive you crazy ... it's happened to me a few times already and it aint easy having to go through it.

Take each day as a day closer to reuniting with your hubby.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi all,

any luck yet? I been skipping days coming on to check cic website.. but don't seem to work neither :(

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
CDNGIRL - I've been trying to skip days as well and nothing has changed either. I'm hoping to check maybe by the end of next week and see a change.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
e-CAS updates every Tuesday but I am not so sure if POS ever put anything into e-CAS for their clients.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
LOL no doubt Hun, I hear you!

I wonder what applications their even working on right now? ..it'll be good to know

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
LOL you guys are panicking so much ... just relax and things will happen when the time is right.

Don't stress too much CDNgirl ... this is just the beginning. I tell you, it's one in about every 100 applicants that they process in 6 months or less.

All the people I have spoken with have given assertions that POS just takes forever.

My lawyer too once told me that this office has apparently all the trainees for CIC and thus they work like snails.

But seriously guys, please don't stress over this process too much. I have been there in your shoes and done it and trust me, it's not the greatest situation to allow yourself to fall into.

We all have to keep strong during this process of waiting.

CDNgirl, my file was there since Aug 2009 and it doesn't really seem like they have done much since. There is another forum member who just had her interview in May after POS received her application in Aug 2009. I guess they are still working on 2009 applications.

Arggghhhh ..... silly office .... let's all hope and pray we get something from them.

It's overly frustrating that it takes them 28 days to respond to email enquiries.

Has anyone ever visited this office to share how big the complex it? I sometimes wonder if they only have 5 IO working on all the 100s of applications.

Peace out all