+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of landing is Toronto and not what is on COPR

mehtavd

Mar 13, 2020
Dear All,

I am in a fix and looking for advice. I have got my COPR which is based on the Provincial Nomination from Saskatchewan and thus I ( Plus my wife and two children) need to land in Regina for doing the PR formalities. However, I don't have any direct flights to Regina and all flights are such that I will need to land first in Toronto and take a connecting flight to Regina. My ticket is Mumbai-Toronto-Regina, I will also have temporary accommodation booked in Regina before I fly.

1. Is it ok have the First port of Landing in Toronto though my COPR says, Regina?
2. Will the Border Services Officer at Toronto immigration be satisfied with my onward journey tickets and the fact that there is no way to fly into Regina or will he reject us?
3. Anyone else who in recent times who has gone through a similar situation who can share how they dealt with this?

Your honest reply to this will greatly help. Many thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
1)yes you would always complete immigration at the first POE, Gven you have onward travel to Regina, allow at least 3 - 4 hours minimum for the transit and immigration formalities

2)As above as long as you have onward travel you should be fine and CBSA know anyway that it is not possible to fly direct to that many places in Canada