+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Entry

dreamonking

Feb 26, 2022
Can I travel to Toronto at first, and stay there for a couple of weeks at my sister's house then go to my college in Vancouver? I will have the ticket to Vancouver, and everything prepared. What will be a valid reason to the CBSA officer for me to arrive in Toronto, rather than go to Vancouver? Because staying in Toronto at first will lower my accommodation cost and there will be someone I know in Canada at first. Will it be enough or Do I need to provide more reasons?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I travel to Toronto at first, and stay there for a couple of weeks at my sister's house then go to my college in Vancouver? I will have the ticket to Vancouver, and everything prepared. What will be a valid reason to the CBSA officer for me to arrive in Toronto, rather than go to Vancouver? Because staying in Toronto at first will lower my accommodation cost and there will be someone I know in Canada at first. Will it be enough or Do I need to provide more reasons?
You can land and stay in Toronto for a few weeks.

Roshna2000

Aug 9, 2021
Hi, I am planning on doing the same. Staying at my uncle's place before going to Winnipeg. I hope there won't be an issue. When are you travelling?

Reactions: dreamonking

goolat1

Jul 20, 2020
Why not simply get a ticket from Toronto to Vancouver for the next day after your arrival in Toronto to show the officer that you are on transit?

dreamonking

Feb 26, 2022
Hi, I am planning on doing the same. Staying at my uncle's place before going to Winnipeg. I hope there won't be an issue. When are you travelling?
In April, I have heard a lot of people say it is possible. The Immigration officer will understand your case if you portray it well. Do also provide me an update on your case too.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
it won't be an issue I've done that twice. The officer won't ask you and if they do, it won't be an issue especially if you already have a ticket ready to wherever your university is at.