Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
If I have mentioned Toronto, ON as the Port of Entry in my application, then I must enter through Toronto, ON only? or can I still enter through any other city or province?

mm

Aug 4, 2008
Do you mean, for the landing? I dont think it has to be the same place.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
why not quebec? curious because yearrrrrssssssssssssssssss ago when we came in as landed immigrants our flight stoped in montreal and then we had a connecting flight and we "landed" in Montreal.

my husband is coming through montreal from paris and i had told him he would be "landed" there

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Because at that time Quebec was not yet a "Nation" that controlled its own Immigration.Did your Husband apply to Immigrate to a Quebec Delegation overseas???If he did not,He cannot immigrate to Quebec,He can only Officialy land in English Canada

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
Thanks a lot for the clarification everyone.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, once he is PR, he can move to Quebec. Same with people who go through a Quebec immigration program, they have to land in Quebec but can later move to somewhere else if they like to.

You just have to be careful because you don't want it to look like you were purposely bypassing Quebec immigration by using the Federal program while you were planning to immigrate to Quebec all along. Same with people who go through a Quebec program, they don't want it to look like they were just using Quebec to get into British Canada.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
The reason why I'm asking because I live in Ontario but working in Quebec. It's only a bridge that seperate Ottawa, Ontario from Hull, Quebec.
My husband has a friend who works in Quebec as well and told him he can help him find a job in his company. That's why I was asking and thanks for the info.

veyron

Apr 6, 2015
Leon said:
You can land anywhere except in Quebec.
Is this still implemented today?
I'am being sponsored by my wife and some say that the Port of Entry of "First Time" in Canada is Vancouver?

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
veyron said:
I'am being sponsored by my wife and some say that the Port of Entry of "First Time" in Canada is Vancouver?
You can land anywhere in Canada.

The only thing to be aware of is the Quebec issue. If everyone in your family lives in Quebec & you didn't apply through Quebec and you land in Vancouver, it might look as if you had bypassed Quebec immigration processes. And the reverse, if everyone lives in Vancouver but you applied through Quebec and then land in Vancouver, it might look as if you had taken advantage of Quebec immigration processes. Either way, that might cause you questions. Other than that, you can land anywhere.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veyron said:
The port of entry of first time in Canada is Vancouver only if that is the first Canadian airport you fly into when you land. You can land at any airport or at the land border.

Since you are being sponsored by your wife, if you can not land in the province where your wife lives, you should be able to tell immigration how you are getting there. Other than that, you are fine. For people not being sponsored, if they applied for Quebec, they should land in Quebec or be ready to convince immigration they are going to Quebec. If they applied under PNP, they should land in their PNP province or ready to convince immigration they are going there. If they applied federal, they should preferably not land in Quebec but may land anywhere else.