+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Entry / No PPR yet

Jul 19, 2021
With reference to my study permit application, I received the approval status on 09th May 2021 and have received the Port of Entry letter (IMM5813) on 09th May 2021. However, I have not yet received the Original Passport Request (PPR) and I understand that you first receive the PPR & then it is followed by the Port of Entry letter (IMM5813). I realize that I have a visitor visa (TRV) valid until August 2025. I have the following queries -
1. Since I already have a TRV, is that the reason that I have not received a PPR yet or will I be receiving a PPR request
2. Since I have a valid TRV and a POE letter, can I proceed with my travel to the destination country

Please help !!!

Reactions: hari564

hari564

Sep 5, 2021
With reference to my study permit application, I received the approval status on 09th May 2021 and have received the Port of Entry letter (IMM5813) on 09th May 2021. However, I have not yet received the Original Passport Request (PPR) and I understand that you first receive the PPR & then it is followed by the Port of Entry letter (IMM5813). I realize that I have a visitor visa (TRV) valid until August 2025. I have the following queries -
1. Since I already have a TRV, is that the reason that I have not received a PPR yet or will I be receiving a PPR request
2. Since I have a valid TRV and a POE letter, can I proceed with my travel to the destination country

Please help !!!
I have same issue bro.. If you will get solution just update me... On hirenpatel566@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2021
Hello Hiren, I didn't get a PPR request for student visa stamping since I already had a visitor visa (temporary resident visa). I had no issues travelling and now in Canada. I would just recommend write to Delhi immigration (delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca) and take a email confirmation that you are good to travel. I too took that confirmation just incase if I get stuck. Otherwise I traveled via Egypt to Toronto and I had no issues.... Please ensure you have your port of entry letter, letter of acceptance, class schedule and fee receipts. If possible get the Delhi immigration confirmation... I will forward my confirmation to your mail address to get an idea. Hope this helps, all the best take care.

hari564

Sep 5, 2021
Hello Hiren, I didn't get a PPR request for student visa stamping since I already had a visitor visa (temporary resident visa). I had no issues travelling and now in Canada. I would just recommend write to Delhi immigration (delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca) and take a email confirmation that you are good to travel. I too took that confirmation just incase if I get stuck. Otherwise I traveled via Egypt to Toronto and I had no issues.... Please ensure you have your port of entry letter, letter of acceptance, class schedule and fee receipts. If possible get the Delhi immigration confirmation... I will forward my confirmation to your mail address to get an idea. Hope this helps, all the best take care.
Please can you contact me on 9979132131
Whatsapp

hari564

Sep 5, 2021
Hi brother just send mail which you sent ot delhi immigration and response to... So i can get idea as my agent is not hepling me on this matter...

bcfamily02

Jun 17, 2022
Hi, I had the same Issue

Please help !!!
Hi I also have the same issue. How did you solve the problem?

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
I did the same and got a reply that it is okay to travel with a visitor visa given that you already have the POE and an approved study permit application.