+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Poor Fingerprints for biometrics

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Yup. Her biometrics have been accepted.... and are valid for the next 10 years from the date that IRCC received them. That. Or else she has been exempted from giving fingerprints for biometrics collection.

Positive developments :)
You are such a star! Thank You for sharing your happy vibes and all your awesome ideas. Thanks and have a lovely weekend!!

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
To anyone who comes across this unique problem in the future, don't worry if the finger prints are not 100%. The Visa Offer (VO) has to try and get better finger prints but if they do not work the second time around as well, then VO has complete discretion.

With 2 data sets (from two biometrics of an individual) the VO is able to triage the person's identity using eyes and facial recognition bit.

My mother's visa was approved after having issues with Biometrics.

@Bryanna THANK YOU! @scylla thank you as well.

You guys are phenomenal.

decigfx

Jan 27, 2019
To anyone who comes across this unique problem in the future, don't worry if the finger prints are not 100%. The Visa Offer (VO) has to try and get better finger prints but if they do not work the second time around as well, then VO has complete discretion.

With 2 data sets (from two biometrics of an individual) the VO is able to triage the person's identity using eyes and facial recognition bit.

You guys are phenomenal.
I appeared for biometrics and also submitted my visa application online on 15th april. I received an email from immigration that i have not provided biometrics. Do i have to appear for biometrics again? my college starts next month may really worried..

Sep 28, 2019

You guys are phenomenal.
I appeared for biometrics three times first time on 25th sep and on 26th I received re-do letter because of poor quality fingerprints, then again I submitted on 27th and on 3rd October I received the same letter and submitted on 8th october after that I didn't receive any update, can you please suggest me what should I do? Should I fill webform?

nik2

Dec 17, 2019

You guys are phenomenal.
@Bryanna
Hi, I did my biometrics on November 22 at VAC, Ankara, Turkey, but since then no biometrics information is appeared in my cic profile.
I filled a webform last week but haven't received any response.
I had issues with my fingerprints before, so I'm really worried.
How can I find out if my biometrics are accepted or not?
Does anyone have a clue?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I appeared for biometrics three times first time on 25th sep and on 26th I received re-do letter because of poor quality fingerprints, then again I submitted on 27th and on 3rd October I received the same letter and submitted on 8th october after that I didn't receive any update, can you please suggest me what should I do? Should I fill webform?
Hi Did you get the approval on your VISA. I am also in same situation and gave biometrics 3 times. Your inputs will certainly help me so please respond when you can. thank you very much.

Reactions: RomanSky

canto

Jun 4, 2021
Hello, I went to my biometrics appointment today and the officer told me that they were poor so that IRCC probably contact me again to re do it, but my page (application) got update with the number of biometrics date and expiration. Does that means everything is ok? Or it doesn’t matter and they can ask me to re do it again ? I don’t want to wait more weeks in order to receive a re do it letter! any experience on that?

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017

You guys are phenomenal.
Hi @Shagupta,

Thanks for sharing thoughts and experiences. Congrats to you and your Mom!
I'm quite relieve now. I got poor quality fingerprint scan as well and I repeat biometrics with a little improvement on fingerprint image. We received Pre Arrival Service Letter already. I hope the VO will decide and approve soon my PR application.

You and @Bryanna are awesome!

Have great day!

neel578

Sep 23, 2021
Hello, I went to my biometrics appointment today and the officer told me that they were poor so that IRCC probably contact me again to re do it, but my page (application) got update with the number of biometrics date and expiration. Does that means everything is ok? Or it doesn’t matter and they can ask me to re do it again ? I don’t want to wait more weeks in order to receive a re do it letter! any experience on that?
hey i also got same problem what happened next?

neel578

Sep 23, 2021
bro i am also getting the same issue ..my biometric data like number and date is updated but status is still the same like before bio....so if you found any solution or update please let me know

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
bro i am also getting the same issue ..my biometric data like number and date is updated but status is still the same like before bio....so if you found any solution or update please let me know
You have to wait for VO to send email for repeat biometric. Probably VO will ask you guys again for biometric. Its part of your background check and your identity in Canada. In my case, IRCC request 2nd biometric to finalize my PR application. It took 3 weeks to complete the background check after Ive done 2nd biometric, and tada! after 2 weeks eCOPR.

neel578

Sep 23, 2021
You have to wait for VO to send email for repeat biometric. Probably VO will ask you guys again for biometric. Its part of your background check and your identity in Canada. In my case, IRCC request 2nd biometric to finalize my PR application. It took 3 weeks to complete the background check after Ive done 2nd biometric, and tada! after 2 weeks eCOPR.
Bro but in second time also my fingerprints won't change because small lines in my fingers are from birth...btw how much time does it take to request 2 time biometric... because now this process seems lengthy and my intake is jan 22 and appointment dates are available in november.plz help me

Aug 15, 2011
My mother given biometric on November 30, 2021 in Karachi VFS office. Her fingers are physically not straight and she tried her best. After 3 months of no update I raised a web form and the IRCC office replied that they have received the enrollment for the biometric and it will not appear online as the quality is poor. Further they mentioned that nothing is required to be done from our end. So any idea what should i do? Just wait ?