+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Poor Fingerprints for biometrics

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for my parents TRV visa. I applied on Feb the 26th. Was asked to submit biometrics on feb the 27th. My folks submitted their biometrics on March the 5th. While I have not received any update on my fathers application, my mother was asked for a repeat biometric assessment.

In the past my mother has always had issues with her finger prints. Even when she was being registered for Indian ID card- Aadhar Card, they simply could not get her finger prints.

My question is- what if the her biometric assessment fails again this time- she is 63 years old and works a lot with books. What are her options then?

VFS obviously might have known her biometrics weren’t up to the mark at submission. What can she do this time around to ensure she gets proper biometrics?

Lastly, could I submit an IRCC web form and explain this To the VO. Would they care?

@Bryanna has already been kind enough to give her suggestions. Asking other seniors for their two cents. @canuck_in_uk @andy.keeling

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have applied for my parents TRV visa. I applied on Feb the 26th. Was asked to submit biometrics on feb the 27th. My folks submitted their biometrics on March the 5th. While I have not received any update on my fathers application, my mother was asked for a repeat biometric assessment.

In the past my mother has always had issues with her finger prints. Even when she was being registered for Indian ID card- Aadhar Card, they simply could not get her finger prints.

My question is- what if the her biometric assessment fails again this time- she is 63 years old and works a lot with books. What are her options then?

VFS obviously might have known her biometrics weren’t up to the mark at submission. What can she do this time around to ensure she gets proper biometrics?

Lastly, could I submit an IRCC web form and explain this To the VO. Would they care?

@Bryanna has already been kind enough to give her suggestions. Asking other seniors for their two cents. @canuck_in_uk @andy.keeling

Thanks.
You can certainly try contacting IRCC to let them know - however I don't think they will care. I think they'll respond and tell you biometrics are mandatory to complete processing for the application. Unfortunately I think your only option is for your mother to try again.

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
You can certainly try contacting IRCC to let them know - however I don't think they will care. I think they'll respond and tell you biometrics are mandatory to complete processing for the application. Unfortunately I think your only option is for your mother to try again.
Yeah, she is travelling to New Delhi again next week to try again. We are worried rotten but i guess we have no choice.

Will be horrible if she can’t come visit just because her finger prints are faded. :(

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, she is travelling to New Delhi again next week to try again. We are worried rotten but i guess we have no choice.

Will be horrible if she can’t come visit just because her finger prints are faded. :(
First, do calm down and don't panic. It won't help to get better fingerprints scans :) + it will only stress your mom too.

This is what I think:
1. She must try to give her fingerprints to the best of her ability.

2. She must keep her palms pressed down really hard on the scanner so it detects her fingerprints. Probably best when she is standing and not sitting to exert more pressure on her fingers.

3. VFS would be able to confirm right away whether the quality of her fingerprints is okay.

4. If this does not work then you can email NDVO. In any case IRCC/VFS would know her fingerprint quality is not okay even before you email them.

5. You might want to get a doctor's note from a IRCC panel physician (not your regular GP or dermatologist) after they examine her palms + email this note to IRCC

6. IRCC might make an exception like it the exception available to minors younger than 14 years, and seniors older than 79 years. Just a guess

7. Remain optimistic. Hopefully #4-6 won't be necessary after all

8. BTW hope she does not have any cuts or henna on her fingers

Last edited:
Reactions: Shagupta

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
First, do calm down and don't panic It won't help to get better fingerprints scans :) + it will only stress your mom too.

This is what I think:

2. She must keep her palms pressed down really hard on the scanner so it detects her fingerprints. Probably best when she is standing and not sitting to exert more pressure on her fingers.

3. VFS would be able to confirm right away whether the quality of her fingerprints is okay.

4. If this does not work then you can email NDVO. In any case IRCC/VFS would know her fingerprint quality is not okay even before you email them.

5. You might want to get a doctor's note from a IRCC panel physician (not your regular GP or dermalogist) after they examine her palms + email this note to IRCC

6. IRCC might make an exception like it the exception available to minors younger than 14 years, and seniors older than 79 years. Just a guess

You are such a beacon of light and hope. I teared up reading your post. Yes!! Let’s hope 1-3 happen successfully. @Bryanna THANK YOU. I suddenly feel so hopeful.

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
First, do calm down and don't panic. It won't help to get better fingerprints scans :) + it will only stress your mom too.

This is what I think:

5. You might want to get a doctor's note from a IRCC panel physician (not your regular GP or dermatologist) after they examine her palms + email this note to IRCC

@Bryanna, mom went to give her finger prints again. She told me that it was not successful this time around as well. The VFS ppl confirmed that finger prints were not the best. They did tell her that her eye and face recognition portion might work. Who knows.

She is going to stick around in New Delhi for another 7 days or so. I was wondering- should she go see a IRCC Panel Phyisician just in case and get a note from them? Would IRCC accept it- such a unique problem- gosh can't find anything on this stuff online.

She has no cuts or henna- just has worked with her hands a lot and lost prints. Let me know babe. Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna, mom went to give her finger prints again. She told me that it was not successful this time around as well. The VFS ppl confirmed that finger prints were not the best. They did tell her that her eye and face recognition portion might work. Who knows.

She is going to stick around in New Delhi for another 7 days or so. I was wondering- should she go see a IRCC Panel Phyisician just in case and get a note from them? Would IRCC accept it- such a unique problem- gosh can't find anything on this stuff online.

She has no cuts or henna- just has worked with her hands a lot and lost prints. Let me know babe. Thanks.
I think it would be a good idea to see a panel physician and get a report if possible. You can also email NDVO and ask if this report would help

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
@Bryanna, I did call the IRCC panel physician in New Delhi. They say they need the "medical requirement" letter from VO in order to do any examination. They won't be able to help since my mother has no medical requirement letter at the moment.

I did email NDVO (delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca- this is the email i sent a msg to) asking what her options at this time are. Its been 5 days but have not heard anything back. Mom and dad are parked in Delhi at the moment until the 20th.

I am thinking i could send my MP a letter asking for exemption. IDK. I am beyond confused and bummed out :( Its been so stressful.

Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.
Thoughts?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna, I did call the IRCC panel physician in New Delhi. They say they need the "medical requirement" letter from VO in order to do any examination. They won't be able to help since my mother has no medical requirement letter at the moment.

I did email NDVO (delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca- this is the email i sent a msg to) asking what her options at this time are. Its been 5 days but have not heard anything back. Mom and dad are parked in Delhi at the moment until the 20th.

I am thinking i could send my MP a letter asking for exemption. IDK. I am beyond confused and bummed out :( Its been so stressful.

Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.
Thoughts?
Going by the past recent communication from IRCC, I think your mom would probably get another email from IRCC within 1-2 days to let her know that the fingerprints were not legible + the next course of action. You can send another email to NDVO.in the meantime.

You'll need to wait until you hear from NDVO. But, don't worry. I think they might grant her an exemption

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Going by the past recent communication from IRCC, I think your mom would probably get another email from IRCC within 1-2 days to let her know that the fingerprints were not legible + the next course of action. You can send another email to NDVO.in the meantime.

You'll need to wait until you hear from NDVO. But, don't worry. I think they might grant her an exemption
@Bryanna Thank You. I literally just got off the phone with the CIC immigration help line in Canada. The agent told me that 1: This is not the first time she has heard of such a problem 2: In her experience after 2 times of asking for finger prints, they do not ask for it the third time around & 3. It is Visa Officer's prerogative to make a decision on next steps.

She then said, there is nothing she can do at this time. I can send an IRCC Webform or an email to explain the situation.

What should i do- an IRCC webform or an inquiry to the delhi immigration again?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Thank You. I literally just got off the phone with the CIC immigration help line in Canada. The agent told me that 1: This is not the first time she has heard of such a problem 2: In her experience after 2 times of asking for finger prints, they do not ask for it the third time around & 3. It is Visa Officer's prerogative to make a decision on next steps.

She then said, there is nothing she can do at this time. I can send an IRCC Webform or an email to explain the situation.

What should i do- an IRCC webform or an inquiry to the delhi immigration again?
Do send both

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
@Bryanna Hi girl. Hope you are having a great start to the weekend.

Bryanna, I have a quick question for you.

I am seeing the following on the top right hand corner of my cic login for my mother's application.
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: February 26, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: March 14, 2019
    • Expiry Date: March 14, 2029
Since I am seeing an expiry date for her biometrics- does it mean they were accepted by the CIC? I wish I remembered what I saw in this section when she was asked for repeat biometrics. I just have no recollection.

Let me know of your thoughts babe. Thank You @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Hi girl. Hope you are having a great start to the weekend.

Bryanna, I have a quick question for you.

I am seeing the following on the top right hand corner of my cic login for my mother's application.
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: February 26, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: March 14, 2019
    • Expiry Date: March 14, 2029
Since I am seeing an expiry date for her biometrics- does it mean they were accepted by the CIC? I wish I remembered what I saw in this section when she was asked for repeat biometrics. I just have no recollection.

Let me know of your thoughts babe. Thank You @Bryanna
Yup. Her biometrics have been accepted.... and are valid for the next 10 years from the date that IRCC received them. That. Or else she has been exempted from giving fingerprints for biometrics collection.

Positive developments :)