+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Verification Query - India

puneet_jainp

May 5, 2016
Hello
Need some guidance on police verification. Per the guidelines, the PCC should get completed from the place of living for last 12 months. In my case, I am currently in Hyderabad and originally from Delhi. My passport issuance place is Delhi. Few questions:
1. Assuming the verification needs to be done from Hyderabad, will that be a concern at the later stage where my passport has different address (permanent address) from the current address?
2. Based on Hyderabad police website, they need one of the following as part of Purpose of PCC (Letter of Proof).
•Consulate letter
•Visa copy / National Visa Center Case File Number
•Job offer letters from companies
•In case of Students Admission copy from concerned University
What should be the response for this point! Seems they will not process the request unless they have answer to this!!

Would appreciate some guidance on the above points from the members of this board...

Thanks in advance

Puneet Jain

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
puneet_jainp said:
Hello
Need some guidance on police verification. Per the guidelines, the PCC should get completed from the place of living for last 12 months. In my case, I am currently in Hyderabad and originally from Delhi. My passport issuance place is Delhi. Few questions:
1. Assuming the verification needs to be done from Hyderabad, will that be a concern at the later stage where my passport has different address (permanent address) from the current address?
2. Based on Hyderabad police website, they need one of the following as part of Purpose of PCC (Letter of Proof).
•Consulate letter
What should be the response for this point! Seems they will not process the request unless they have answer to this!!

Would appreciate some guidance on the above points from the members of this board...

Thanks in advance

Puneet Jain
Applying through PSK. take an appointment at PSK Delhi. Visit PSK site and see details.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
puneet_jainp said:
Hello
•Consulate letter

Thanks in advance

Puneet Jain
Hi,

Were you able to get to the bottom of this? I am also in a similar situation. Passport has Hyderabad address which was a rented place and currently I am in Gurgaon from 10 months and my home town is Kolkata, so not sure how to go with the Police Verification. Please advise.

Thanks.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Book an appointment through PSK, they provide a list of documents that you have to submit if the address mentioned on the passport doesn't match the present address. Check the list of documents that you might need.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Getting PCC from PSK is suggested my many seniors in this forum as it does not say period of stay at present address where getting a PCC directly from police might verify and mention only the present stay. Go for PSK

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people lately have been asked to apply for a new passport if the address on the pp does not match their current address to obtain a PCC. I am not sure if it's true but i have read a few comments saying that. I had the same address on passport and still i had to go through police verification but that was a year ago so things might be different now

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
moonpat83 said:
Some people lately have been asked to apply for a new passport if the address on the pp does not match their current address to obtain a PCC. I am not sure if it's true but i have read a few comments saying that. I had the same address on passport and still i had to go through police verification but that was a year ago so things might be different now
It happened for me too during pp renewal, not for psk. As per the rules, verification is not required if someone extends from same address, but still it was done for me. My guess is that they didn't have a police verification report associated with old passport.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
moonpat83 said:
I have read a few comments similar to what you are saying but the same people are now saying that this rule came on 21st Dec and has been rolled back. It would be helpful if anyone who has recently got his PCC done can share his/her experience.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hello,

My spouse is the primary applicant and we got married 2 years back, but she did not change her passport after marriage so my name as husband does not show in her passport.

Will this be an issue if we go through PSK, as they might ask her to get a new passport to reflect spouse name?

Also her passport address is Hyderabad, whereas we stay in Gurgaon from last 10 months.

Thanks for your answers! :)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
utsav1706 said:
Hello,

My spouse is the primary applicant and we got married 2 years back, but she did not change her passport after marriage so my name as husband does not show in her passport.

Will this be an issue if we go through PSK, as they might ask her to get a new passport to reflect spouse name?

Also her passport address is Hyderabad, whereas we stay in Gurgaon from last 10 months.

Thanks for your answers! :)
Does your passport mentions her name as spouse? Even if it doesn't, you would have to give marriage certificate and proof of current residence and since your staying for last 10 months you also need to give address for previous 2 months (prior to your stay at current residence) a. I am not too sure if they are going to ask for pp renewal and may be some seniors can help us here.
Although, if it is not too late would suggest you to go for addition of spouse names in your pp, it helps a lot.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Here are the links which doesn't say anything about renewing the passport if address is different )otherwise wouldn't have given such an option)

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/pccPassport
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSub?subDocID=7001&confirmDOB=7001

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I was looking at the ministry of external affairs website and couldn't find anything related to renewal of PP for difference in address. this is what they say in their PCC FAQ section

II. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY PCC APPLICANTS EMIGRATING TO NON-ECR COUNTRIES:
Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any).
Proof of Present Address (in case of change of address)
Documentary proof of applying for Residential Status, Employment (Copy of Employment contract) or Long term visa or for immigration.
III. PCC FOR DEPENDENT FAMILY MEMEBRS OF A PERSON RESIDING/EMIGRATING IN/TO BOTH ECR AND NON-ECR COUNTRIES:
Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any).
Proof of Present Address (in case of change of address)
Sponsorship declaration by the person who is sponsoring the emigration of the PCC applicant.

Here is the link
https://www.mea.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm