+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Verification on Cancelled Passport India

jaspreet8146

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hi there,

I have one question regarding police verification from India. I came to Canada in 2021 and in 2023 I renewed my passport due to an address update.

my previous passport is canceled but valid until it has a visa on it till 2028. It has all the visa stamps. And the old address was mentioned in study permit while coming to Canada.

so my question is should I submit a police verification on my old passport with an old address or on a new passport? Does BLS accept verification of old canceled passport.

Kindly help me to solve this issue. I will be thankful to you .

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi there,

I have one question regarding police verification from India. I came to Canada in 2021 and in 2023 I renewed my passport due to an address update.

my previous passport is canceled but valid until it has a visa on it till 2028. It has all the visa stamps. And the old address was mentioned in study permit while coming to Canada.

so my question is should I submit a police verification on my old passport with an old address or on a new passport? Does BLS accept verification of old canceled passport.

Kindly help me to solve this issue. I will be thankful to you .
Not an expert, but I dont think you can carry out anything on an expired/canceled passport. The only use once passport is canceled is you can use any existing valid visas, apart from that I dont think there is any use.

You can check with BLS as well