+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Verification in India

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi All,

My query is specific to India. I went to PSK at Mumbai for PCC. The passport officer however told me that since my passport was renewed and no police verification was done then, it will be done this time. She said a police officer will visit my residence for the verification. However I have received an SMS today saying that I need to visit the police station for verification. Can you please let me know if I need to visit the police station or will the police officer come to my residence.

Thanks

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
I got my passport renewed last month and one policeman did visit my home and asked me to show proof of address and handed me the appointment letter to visit the police station next day to complete the verification process. Atleast this is the current practice in Mumbai.
Better to wait to receive the phone call from the Police and only in case you don't get it in another 2 weeks, then contact them directly.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
I got my passport renewed last month and one policeman did visit my home and asked me to show proof of address and handed me the appointment letter to visit the police station next day to complete the verification process. Atleast this is the current practice in Mumbai.
Better to wait to receive the phone call from the Police and only in case you don't get it in another 2 weeks, then contact them directly.
Hi,

I have also visited the police station to complete the verification process. However, I have not received any communication either from the police station or the PSK about when and how I will be issued the PCC. Any idea how long does it take and who can I get in touch with ?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
singhkartik3 said:
Hi,

I have also visited the police station to complete the verification process. However, I have not received any communication either from the police station or the PSK about when and how I will be issued the PCC. Any idea how long does it take and who can I get in touch with ?
You must have been given some reference number which you can track on PSK website and know its status. Check your acknowledgment letter for PCC.
Usually, if you renew your passport and apply for PCC within 6 months of renewal, then they issue you PCC the same day.

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Seniors, sorry for jump over the topic. My question is that PCC mandatory while creating/submit the express entry profile and is this also same applicable for PNP also. Another question is that what is the validity of PCC in India.

Thanks in advance.

SRJASON

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
singhkartik3 said:
Hi All,

My query is specific to India. I went to PSK at Mumbai for PCC. The passport officer however told me that since my passport was renewed and no police verification was done then, it will be done this time. She said a police officer will visit my residence for the verification. However I have received an SMS today saying that I need to visit the police station for verification. Can you please let me know if I need to visit the police station or will the police officer come to my residence.

Thanks

usually that SMS will indicate that you will have to visit the police station if you did not get a police officer assigned within 2 weeks or so for verification

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rdmindia said:
Hello Seniors, sorry for jump over the topic. My question is that PCC mandatory while creating/submit the express entry profile and is this also same applicable for PNP also. Another question is that what is the validity of PCC in India.

Thanks in advance.
PCC is required for all countries in which you stayed for 6 months or more since the age of 18.
PCCs are required only at the time of submission of e-APR. i.e. your PR application. It is not required for PNPs.