+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification for individual states lived in USA

cvpeceee

Sep 20, 2020
Hello,

I am in the process of getting my police clearance certificates to upload to CIC, I would like to know if the police clearance certificate issued by FBI is good enough or I should get police clearance certificates for every states i lived in the US, In the CIC website they have not mentioned anything about state level clearance certificates, does that indicate that the FBI clearance is enough? Some old forum's say individual state certificates are required but i am not able to confirm the same in the official ircc website, I am really confused any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

I am in the process of getting my police clearance certificates to upload to CIC, I would like to know if the police clearance certificate issued by FBI is good enough or I should get police clearance certificates for every states i lived in the US, In the CIC website they have not mentioned anything about state level clearance certificates, does that indicate that the FBI clearance is enough? Some old forum's say individual state certificates are required but i am not able to confirm the same in the official ircc website, I am really confused any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Only the FBI PCC is required. There is no need for individual state certificates. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html

Reactions: cvpeceee
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for posting my question here. Does the IRCC accept soft copy (PDF) of FBI clearance certificate? Or if we print soft copy, scan it and then submit, would that work? Due to ongoing situation, even for e-submission, the channeler is quoting a longer wait time for hard copy, so would really appreciate if someone clarifys that

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Sorry for posting my question here. Does the IRCC accept soft copy (PDF) of FBI clearance certificate? Or if we print soft copy, scan it and then submit, would that work? Due to ongoing situation, even for e-submission, the channeler is quoting a longer wait time for hard copy, so would really appreciate if someone clarifys that
I just uploaded my PDF version that the fbi emailed me and it was accepted fine - gcms notes showed they looked at it and acknowledged its results.

Reactions: 'JaiShankar-SWM'

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Thanks a lot @Zeph99. Greatly appreciate you for sharing your experience.
you're welcome :) just make sure to upload the whole report, all pages, even if one of the pages is mostly blank. don't cut any corners!

I also only had to provide one PCC, so it was easy to just throw up the one file. If you have multiples, i think you might have to join them up into one upload.